The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

shocked_the_monkey
Born Under a Bad Sign

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by shocked_the_monkey »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Jones's team is claiming that Sonnen knew about Henderson's injury 3 weeks ago & has been training for Jones fight.
What f'n cry babies!

That interview with Winkeljohn is funny. Sonnen just fought Silva like what a month ago? I have no doubt that it's a likely possibility that Dana knew that Dan was hurt and may have given Sonnen a tip of the hand that he would be offered the fight ...or that Team Quest kept it on the down low so that their own team member can be the fill-in.

It just goes to show that Jackson/Winklejohn do not have the confidence in Jon to be able to adapt. They don't even have the confidence in him being able to make the right decision and show respect to his opponents...they have to tell him to "go make some fans". His "apology" did not come across as sincere in any way. It's no wonder his own publicist quit.

Once the excuses start you never look good, especially when your already in the shitter.
While it sucks for those who bought a ticket/trained for a fight, Dana is classless for trying to throw Jon Jones/Greg Jackson under the train for this. Why not try having a card that isn't totally reliant on one fight? That people lost money is Dana White's problem, not Jon Jones's.

Plus it was lose/lose for Jones. If he wins he fought a blown up middleweight, if he loses he got his ass kicked by smaller guy.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Plus it was lose/lose for Jones. If he wins he fought a blown up middleweight, if he loses he got his ass kicked by smaller guy.
I agree it would be a lose/lose for Jones. But like I mentioned before, sometimes you gotta step up & take one for the team. Jones has been cottled (spelling) by the ufc since the beginning. They have been trying to make him the face of the franchise for awhile now, and he was asked to step up big time. He threw the ufc under the bus by only thinking about himself & he said no. So, instead of being one of the most liked fighters (or trying to be) he is now public enemy #1. Like I said, I never liked the guy. Yeah, he's got mad skills (it helps he has such a long reach advantage going into every fight) but I still think he is a punk ass bitch.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

yeahbuddy wrote:Yeah, he's got mad skills (it helps he has such a long reach advantage going into every fight)
That is his only real advantage. The fact he is a good 3" - 5" taller than everyone else makes up for his actual inadequacies in his stand-up and ground game. If he were an average size of say 5-10" - 6-2" would he really be any more impressive than Machida or Rampage? I dont think he would. His overall reach advantage is what sets him so much higher in the food chain...it makes it extremely difficult to get in close enough to neutralize it...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Yeah, he's got mad skills (it helps he has such a long reach advantage going into every fight)
That is his only real advantage. The fact he is a good 3" - 5" taller than everyone else makes up for his actual inadequacies in his stand-up and ground game. If he were an average size of say 5-10" - 6-2" would he really be any more impressive than Machida or Rampage? I dont think he would. His overall reach advantage is what sets him so much higher in the food chain...it makes it extremely difficult to get in close enough to neutralize it...
Machida would beat him if he didnt have the reach & height advantage. And Henderson would probably knock him out.
Speaking of Henderson- what happens with him now? He says he wants to get back in the ring by end of year. Who would he fight? If Jones gets out of the Belfort fight with no major problems, I say the Jones/Henderson fight will be set up for the end of year.
100% agree with your comments.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

yeahbuddy wrote:
BodyBagz wrote:
Machida would beat him if he didnt have the reach & height advantage. And Henderson would probably knock him out.
Speaking of Henderson- what happens with him now? He says he wants to get back in the ring by end of year. Who would he fight? If Jones gets out of the Belfort fight with no major problems, I say the Jones/Henderson fight will be set up for the end of year.
100% agree with your comments.
They(UFC-Dana) have to figure out a way to get the Jones-Hendo fight back on, or else see a shit load of fans not happy and not spending money!

The UFC has been hit repeatedly with mild backlash for their sub-standard PPV`s, the ones that have maybe 2 good fights on a card of 8.
They have 3 champions in 3 divisions who have all beaten everyone easily, and now really dont have any competition. Only 2 fights from those 3 fighters are really excitable and hall-assed possible(GSP & Anderson Silva or Silva vs Jones, and either would have to be at catch weight)

The whole Jones-Hendo-Sonnen fiasco is liable to really hurt the momentum that Dana and the UFC had going. I hope it doesnt and that they come up with some really good cards, but its getting to be pretty thin in all the weight divisions...look for the UFC to start having female matches soon to bring in new viewers and money...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I feel that the UFC tries to put on stacked cards for the most part. If you look at a fight card when it is first announced its obvious they try to do this. BUT then the injuries happen resulting in subpar matches usually, but every now and then a better matchup...such as Edgar vs Aldo.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

You probably shouldn't try to mug Renzo Gracie
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1326 ... -york-city

Lol that has to be the shittiest luck ever, going to mug someone and he turns out to be a Gracie.

Mayhem's twitter responses were hilarious, though

yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Damn,
we still have another 2 weeks before the next event.
On the flipside, once it starts up again, we will have at least 4
weeks in a row of fights. Boo ya!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Assuming no one gets injured before September 22nd, here's my picks
Jones tko, probably in the later rounds
Johnson decision
Bisping decision
Matyushenko KO
Olivera Sub
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Spoke too soon, I'm seeing on Sherdog that Matyushenko is out and Matt Hammill needs a new opponenent.

Also I just saw a rumor that Rampage is injured and out of his fight with Texeira.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

Aldo is out now too.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

FUCK! they have to put either Zombie or Porier in for either a title shot or interim belt. THis is getting to be ridiculous, we'll probably see a day where we'll see more active interim belts than real ones.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The Korean Zombie baby!
Sucks for Aldo. Dana said it has something to do with the motorcycle accident he got
into. Rampage needs to hang it up. He is too much of a problem with injuries & his
attitude. Not worth it. His time has passed.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

New UFC 153 main event = Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar

Glover Teixiera is now fighting Fabio Maldonado

I really wanted to see Edgar fight Aldo....I think it will still happen at a later card. Silva and Bonnar stepping up to put on a show on short notice....Jones needs to take notice and not worry so much about "game-planning".
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Dave Herman is fighting Big Nog, too. I find it funny that he fight's three JiuJitsu experts (Struve, Nelson, and Nog) after he says JJ doesn't work.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:New UFC 153 main event = Anderson Silva vs. Stephan Bonnar

Glover Teixiera is now fighting Fabio Maldonado

I really wanted to see Edgar fight Aldo....I think it will still happen at a later card. Silva and Bonnar stepping up to put on a show on short notice....Jones needs to take notice and not worry so much about "game-planning".
Thumbs up to both fighters for stepping in & taking the fight.
This just further cements Silva's history as one of, if not, the greatest fighter in the ufc.
Jon Jones should take note.

Anytime we can see Silva fight is a win/win.
Bonnar may not be the greatest fighter, but he's got the heart of a lion.
John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

yeahbuddy wrote:Anytime we can see Silva fight is a win/win.
Bonnar may not be the greatest fighter, but he's got the heart of a lion.
Should be a good one. Bonnar's always game.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

In injury news that's actually good, Griffin is injured and out of teh Chael fight, Rampage is his replacement. Not that I like that Forrest got injured, I just like the Rampage/Sonnen fight better.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

slash4pres wrote:In injury news that's actually good, Griffin is injured and out of teh Chael fight, Rampage is his replacement. Not that I like that Forrest got injured, I just like the Rampage/Sonnen fight better.

Where are you reading that? None of the major websites have reported that yet?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

COuld've sworn I read it was confirmed by dana's twitter in a thread on either the joe rgoan board or sherdog. Shit, I gotta stop smoking so much weed lol.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:COuld've sworn I read it was confirmed by dana's twitter in a thread on either the joe rgoan board or sherdog. Shit, I gotta stop smoking so much weed lol.

I think you read it in "Donna's Ho Board"
:wink:
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Mir out of Strikeforce fight.
The injury bug has bit again.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Fuck, who isn't injured?
BD888

Post by BD888 »

tin00can wrote:Fuck, who isn't injured?
It's time to finally have the Lesnar vs. Fedor fight, even though both are retired LOL
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

This weekend-
its about time!
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

Ok...whos got a link for watching online tonight?....
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:Ok...whos got a link for watching online tonight?....
What is tonight?
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

yeahbuddy wrote:
What is tonight?
UFC 152...Jones vs Belfort...unless something has changed and I didnt hear about it...
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:
What is tonight?
UFC 152...Jones vs Belfort...unless something has changed and I didnt hear about it...
It is tonight not last night.
BodyBagz

Post by BodyBagz »

yeahbuddy wrote: What is tonight?
UFC 152...Jones vs Belfort...unless something has changed and I didnt hear about it...[/quote]

It is tonight not last night.[/quote]
Hehehe...yeah, I noticed that...today. Dont know why I asked for a link yesterday...brain fart I guess...