The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Pimp_From_The_Grave
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Pimp_From_The_Grave »

Luminiferous wrote:I remember an even funnier look on someone's face in the Super Bowl.. PRICELESS!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wink:
ImageImage
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote: “Officiating is never perfect,”
This officiating is an abortion. The Packers held Julius Peppers on EVERY snap on Thursday. I don't blame the Packers for that. If they aren't going to call it use it to your advantage, but FUCK.
Anybody see Steve Young's wierd meltdown on this topic after the game last night?

"This will not affect the bottom line, so the NFL doesn't care, so we shouldn't talk about it!" repeated over and over, with Dilfer not really getting it and continuing to argue that the refs suck.

Steve's right, I guess. But is the NFL opening itself up to lawsuits from anybody who gets injured because of this horrific officiating?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote: “Officiating is never perfect,”
This officiating is an abortion. The Packers held Julius Peppers on EVERY snap on Thursday. I don't blame the Packers for that. If they aren't going to call it use it to your advantage, but FUCK.
Anybody see Steve Young's wierd meltdown on this topic after the game last night?

"This will not affect the bottom line, so the NFL doesn't care, so we shouldn't talk about it!" repeated over and over, with Dilfer not really getting it and continuing to argue that the refs suck.

Steve's right, I guess. But is the NFL opening itself up to lawsuits from anybody who gets injured because of this horrific officiating?
I did see that and assumed Young was suffering from concussion like symptoms.
Young was making no sense and Trent went out of his way to remind Steve, "i am not arguing that point" several times.

I guess Steve is correct, but talk about the NFL really setting the league up for
scrutiny and criticism.
Never have I seen such "rough play" in the league. Obviously this is a result of
the scab refs having not enough control over the game.
Last night $74 on Denver threw a punch and that punch struck a ref on the field.
WTF!!!
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

Machado wrote: Last night $74 on Denver threw a punch and that punch struck a ref on the field.
WTF!!!
Which part of the body is that?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Forte may not play Sunday against the Rams. I'm picking St. Louis as my upset special for the week. And Brian Urlacher is done.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

RIP Steve Sabol. I grew up watching him on NFL films.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:I grew up
Liar.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

That game made me absolutely LIVID last night. Worst "officiating" I have EVER seen. They had ZERO control of the game. 1st Q lasts an hour?? REALLY?? The Broncos' woes were not helped by Peyton's 3 picks in the first quarter, and they were DAMN lucky Atlanta ended up with only 13 points, props to the D for that. They did recover pretty well after that, and made it very interesting late. Dropped passes didn't help. I expect much better play vs. the Texans, that is, if the refs don't fuck shit up again! I'm more pissed off at the refs than I am at the loss!

Let's see what the refs did...(or didn't do)

Knowshon Moreno fumbles (as usual. Why is he still on the team?) Mad furious scramble for the ball, Decker falls on it, and a riot ensues. Officials cannot restore order. Finally, Orlando Franklin emerges with the ball in hand...and the stupid motherfucker ref takes it from him and awards the Falcons with the ball! RAGE!!!!!

Refers to Atlanta as "Red". :lol:

Calling holding on Denver ALL FUCKING NIGHT, meanwhile, Dumervil's jersey is practically ripped off him almost every play...no calls.

Calling a def pass interference on a tipped pass. No, assholes, you cannot call that when it's a tipped pass. Clowns.

Calling Thomas' TD catch NOT a catch, and the review says much different. Thank you, Eye In The Sky!

That's all that I can think of, I'm sure I'll stew more at work tonight and think of more. Not to mention all the other bullshit from the other games. Ravens/Eagles, anyone?
Fuck sigs.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Basically, these scabs are an affront to the game, and you'd have to be a P13-style retard to not have seen this coming.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Let's all discuss the last play of the game
between Tampa/Giants:

The Giants offense was in the victory formation.
Basically saying to the opponent-We are no running another play, we are not attempting to go down the field to score, the game is over.

Tampa not only fires off the ball, but their interior lineman head directly towards the knees of the O-Line, which is a cheap shot.
Being a Cowboy fan, I dislike the Giants, but even my eyes can clearly see the play by Tampa was cheap and should've never happened.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Being a Cowboy fan, I dislike the Giants, but even my eyes can clearly see the play by Tampa was cheap and should've never happened.
This is a fun story that's gonna have legs.

We all know it was a ridiculous, bush league move - but where do we go from here?

The Rutger's coach has stated clearly that he plans on doing this, all the time from now on. But let's just say the element of surprise is gone.

Besides that, I see lots of running up the score on the Bucs from here on in. I mean, what choice do you have when you have this college lunatic coaching?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Being a Cowboy fan, I dislike the Giants, but even my eyes can clearly see the play by Tampa was cheap and should've never happened.
This is a fun story that's gonna have legs.

We all know it was a ridiculous, bush league move - but where do we go from here?

The Rutger's coach has stated clearly that he plans on doing this, all the time from now on. But let's just say the element of surprise is gone.

Besides that, I see lots of running up the score on the Bucs from here on in. I mean, what choice do you have when you have this college lunatic coaching?
That's exactly what might happen.
A team that is defeating the Bucs might choose to go without the "victory formation" and instead run up the score.
I'm sure the Bucs coach would protest that move.
Which makes him a hypocrite!

If Eli would've suffered an injury on that cheap shot play, I'm sure the firestorm would
be about 1,000 times worse.
The victory formation is a clear indication the game is over, the outcome has been decided and the offense has no intention to "run up the score" or "pad the stats".
The Bucs should be careful what they wish for because I hope a team does run up the score on them and gues what-This week Dallas has that opportunity.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Scab Ref Implored McCoy to Do Well for His Fantasy Team:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... d%3D207223

More and more players are talking about NFL replacement officials, and what they are saying is not good.

Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy said some officials have behaved more like fans than officials. According to McCoy, one of them made a comment about McCoy’s impact on the referee’s fantasy team.

A replacement official told LeSean McCoy he needed a good performance out of him for his fantasy football team, the Eagles running back told a Philadelphia radio station. (AP Photo)“I’ll be honest, they’re like fans,” McCoy told Philadelphia sports radio 94WIP, via CBSphilly.com. “One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team like, `McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy.’ Ahhh, what?"
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Levy,

I'm sick and tired of your fucking bitching. Get over it already. These are the refs who are calling the games for the near future, that's the way it is. Granted they aren't as good as the regular refs, but in all the games I've seen, they haven't been that bad. It's just that whiny cunts like yourself make a big deal and cry over EVERY LITTLE MISTAKE. And the media is of course looking for a story, so they'll continue to exploit it as well. I don't remember any uproar every time the regular refs made a mistake, which happened in every single game. It's just that you didn't hear about it. Now all people want to talk about is the fucking refs. Get over it. They are doing the best job they can. No team is getting an unfair advantage because the calls go both ways.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Yeah, i guess you wouldn't think they sucked, since they let your o-linemen tackle the Vikes defenders all day Sunday.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Yeah, i guess you wouldn't think they sucked, since they let your o-linemen tackle the Vikes defenders all day Sunday.
:lol:

No excuses, no explanations.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

poizond13 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Yeah, i guess you wouldn't think they sucked, since they let your o-linemen tackle the Vikes defenders all day Sunday.

P13
You lack the intelligence to understand just how poorly the replacement
refs are performing
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Greeg-

I didn't SAY any team has an "unfair advantage."

I said the scab refs are destroying the credibility of the league, and worse, endangering the lives of the players.

And EVERYONE agrees with me.

It's so odd how you worship the word of NFL Insiders - except you know, when they disagree with you. And 100 percent of them disagree with you on this (and on RG3, for that matter.)
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:

Minnesota made a shitload of mistakes and deserved to lose. Therefore me saying the refs doing something they were doing is not an excuse. The Vies are a young rebuilding team. The refs still blow.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Greeg-

I didn't SAY any team has an "unfair advantage."

I said the scab refs are destroying the credibility of the league, and worse, endangering the lives of the players.

And EVERYONE agrees with me.

It's so odd how you worship the word of NFL Insiders - except you know, when they disagree with you. And 100 percent of them disagree with you on this (and on RG3, for that matter.)
No one's life is in danger, moron. And the NFL's credibility is not at stake. In one year, no one is going to remember or care about the replacement refs. Just like the league continued to grow exponentially in popularity after they used replacement PLAYERS in the late 80s. If the NFL got away with using replacement players, what makes you think replacement REFS are going to destroy the league's credibility? It won't. And the NFL's popularity, TV ratings, and revenue will continue to increase, no matter what happens with these refs.

Lastly, I couldn't care less what the pundits think. Never have, never will. My opinions are 100% my own.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:
poizond13 wrote:

Minnesota made a shitload of mistakes and deserved to lose. Therefore me saying the refs doing something they were doing is not an excuse. The Vies are a young rebuilding team. The refs still blow.
That's fine. Then stop mentioning the refs as a reason the Vikes lost.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:My opinions are 100% my own.
....and 99% wrong.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Vagina13, i never said that's why they lost.

I know you're a troll, just try not to make it so obvious.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:
Lastly, I couldn't care less what the pundits think.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then why do you constantly quote them to back up your retarded opinions? You are the ONLY one who does that here. Like any of us give a shit what Merril Hodge has to say.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Vagina13, i never said that's why they lost.

Then why did you mention it in almost all of your posts regarding the game? Oh yeah, because you're trying to make excuses for your team.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Vagina13, i never said that's why they lost.

Then why did you mention it in almost all of your posts regarding the game? Oh yeah, because you're trying to make excuses for your team.

No, see when you say the team deserved to lose for doing dumb shit, there are no excuses. The sky is still blue if the Vikes makes dumb plays or not. The refs still let your guys hold, whether the Viks did dumb shit or not.

I do notice you don't deny the refs let your lineman do what they wanted. Which is why, "they're not so bad." :lol:
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NOBODY takes the bait like you do when it comes to P13, Surrender.

Why are you such a sucker when it comes to him?

Also, I hear you are fat.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Lastly, I couldn't care less what the pundits think.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then why do you constantly quote them to back up your retarded opinions? You are the ONLY one who does that here. Like any of us give a shit what Merril Hodge has to say.
Who do I constantly quote? Last I remember I posted something from Hoge a few weeks ago. Can't remember when was the last time I did it before then. How is that "constantly?"

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:

No, see when you say the team deserved to lose for doing dumb shit, there are no excuses. The sky is still blue if the Vikes makes dumb plays or not. The refs still let your guys hold, whether the Viks did dumb shit or not.

I do notice you don't deny the refs let your lineman do what they wanted. Which is why, "they're not so bad." :lol:
I didn't see anything. I also couldn't care less. I did notice that they gave us an extra down after a penalty in the 2nd quarter. They also ruled Harvin down when he clearly fumbled on the last Viking drive. None of it matters. Colts won, Vikings lost. On to next weekend.

Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:. None of it matters. Colts won, Vikings lost. On to next weekend.
True dat!

Neversurrender is such a bitch.

You'll notice I'M not whining about the refs costing the Skins a game. I just think they are terrible in general and bad for the game and the players.

But bitching about them because of a loss (though P13, you've gotta admit you are frequently guilty of this bitch move) is about as whiny as it gets.