The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: NFL 2012 Thread, Bitches!!!!

Post by bane »

sin wrote:
Houston over Cincy: Houston is the better team when they decide they really want to play football..
That's the crux of it. They haven't played up to their ability in 6 weeks. Flipping the switch now is a tall order, and Schaub has never played so poorly. I hope you're right and Im wrong, but I really won't be all that surprised either way.
sin wrote:
Seattle over Washington: No surprise I picked them, Seattles defense is my justification.
I think Seattle is the better team, but they're not the same team on the road. I see this one as a toss up with the nod going to Washington because of the venue.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Crazy Levi wrote:
It's all over but the shouting
Your damn right it's over. 11-5>10-6. Colts finished with a better record than "your" team. :lol:
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

poizond13 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Your damn right it's over. 11-5>10-6. Colts finished with a better record than "your" team. :lol:
Indy's 11-5 record is just smoke and mirrors. They played a cupcake schedule with half their games indoors. When they played good teams they got their asses handed to them. And they beat KC, Jax, Det, and TN on the road, teams that were a combined 14-50.

It's important to evaluate a team's true level of play by going beyond their win-loss record and actually looking at their underlying performance. By just about any advanced measure you can find, the Colts rate out to be among the worst 11-5 teams and worst playoff teams in league history. Their point differential over 16 games was at minus-30, a figure that would more commonly be associated with a sub-.500 team than an 11-5 one. The Colts are the first team in league history to win 11 or more games with a negative point differential. They're 25th in DVOA, the Football Outsiders core statistic, and 24th per the Simple Rating System. They have 11 wins despite all that because they've played the league's easiest schedule.

Only seven teams since 1983 have made it to the playoffs with a point differential inferior to that of the Colts. Teams with a negative point differential have gone 16-10 in the opening round of the playoffs. But those teams did not have defenses ranked as low as Indy's, and none of them were close to having a minus-12 Turnover ratio. When these teams face off against much tougher competition in the second round of the playoffs, they're a combined 2-14. Only one team in the past 30 years has made it through the Conference Championship and to the Super Bowl with a negative point differential.

And we won't even get into them tanking games last year and the subsequent benefits of adding higher picks coupled with a 4th place schedule...
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

What a lousy game overall. Defensive games can be fun, but that more of a case of two offenses that couldn't get going. Schaub was nothing special, and Dalton was pathetic. 13 for 30 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. He kept rushing throws and missing open receivers. He threw his INT directly to the Houston defender. I hope the other 3 games are better than that one.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:
poizond13 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Indy's 11-5 record is just smoke and mirrors. They played a cupcake schedule with half their games indoors. When they played good teams they got their asses handed to them. And they beat KC, Jax, Det, and TN on the road, teams that were a combined 14-50.

It's important to evaluate a team's true level of play by going beyond their win-loss record and actually looking at their underlying performance. By just about any advanced measure you can find, the Colts rate out to be among the worst 11-5 teams and worst playoff teams in league history. Their point differential over 16 games was at minus-30, a figure that would more commonly be associated with a sub-.500 team than an 11-5 one. The Colts are the first team in league history to win 11 or more games with a negative point differential. They're 25th in DVOA, the Football Outsiders core statistic, and 24th per the Simple Rating System. They have 11 wins despite all that because they've played the league's easiest schedule.

Only seven teams since 1983 have made it to the playoffs with a point differential inferior to that of the Colts. Teams with a negative point differential have gone 16-10 in the opening round of the playoffs. But those teams did not have defenses ranked as low as Indy's, and none of them were close to having a minus-12 Turnover ratio. When these teams face off against much tougher competition in the second round of the playoffs, they're a combined 2-14. Only one team in the past 30 years has made it through the Conference Championship and to the Super Bowl with a negative point differential.

And we won't even get into them tanking games last year and the subsequent benefits of adding higher picks coupled with a 4th place schedule...
You're a fat, ignorant turd that knows nothing about football. All your excuses don't mean shit. The only smoke and mirrors are the ones you use to pretend you're not a fat slob. :lol:

On to the facts. Our record was 11-5. We beat three playoff teams. Redskins beat TWO playoff teams. Patriots also beat 3 playoff teams. So we actually beat more good teams than the Skins and the same amount as the Pats. Your argument does not hold water and is not based on any FACTS. It's all made up.

As for point differential, it doesn't mean shit. The object of the game is to win, not win big and run up the score. We got the job done by winning games. What was the Patriots point differential in 2007 and what was the outcome of that season? :lol: :lol:

Lastly, your trolling efforts calling the Colts cheaters are pathetic. Once again, out of the teams we both root for, the Patriots are the only ones who were caught cheating and punished significantly for doing so. FACT, not opinion.

You just got fucking smoked, boy. :lol:

bane

Post by bane »

SkyDog112046 wrote:What a lousy game overall. Defensive games can be fun, but that more of a case of two offenses that couldn't get going. Schaub was nothing special, and Dalton was pathetic. 13 for 30 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. He kept rushing throws and missing open receivers. He threw his INT directly to the Houston defender. I hope the other 3 games are better than that one.
Couldnt get the offense going? Foster had 173 YDs. That's Kubiak's brand of football. The offense moved all over the field. What they couldn't do was punch it in the end zone.
Tymaster
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Tymaster »

Take it from an Ohioan...don't bet on Marvin Lewis in meaningful games. Ever.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

bane wrote:
SkyDog112046 wrote:What a lousy game overall. Defensive games can be fun, but that more of a case of two offenses that couldn't get going. Schaub was nothing special, and Dalton was pathetic. 13 for 30 with 0 TDs and 1 INT. He kept rushing throws and missing open receivers. He threw his INT directly to the Houston defender. I hope the other 3 games are better than that one.
Couldnt get the offense going? Foster had 173 YDs. That's Kubiak's brand of football. The offense moved all over the field. What they couldn't do was punch it in the end zone.
It just wasn't a very entertaining game. Cincy couldn't get going at all. I know Foster ran all over the place, but I was talking more about the QB play - neither Schaub or Dalton got into any kind of rhythm, and they both threw a really bad pick. I was hoping for a better game...
bane

Post by bane »

It was pretty much a defensive smash mouth game. It's what both of those teams are best at. Cinci's offensive game plan was a bad one IMO, but otherwise, it was about what I expected.
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner

Post by AcillateM »

bane wrote:It was pretty much a defensive smash mouth game. It's what both of those teams are best at. Cinci's offensive game plan was a bad one IMO, but otherwise, it was about what I expected.

Yea pretty much,we played ok just not score wise,defense is Watt kept it close....on to New England.
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Joe Webb made me wish for Ponder like I didn't know was possible.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I got excited about Webb for about 3 points, after that...

P-13 can you talk football at all without it being about the Colts or Manning? Or comment without the GIGANTIC Coltstrong photo. We had two of the most boring playoff games in history on tonight, we've had coaching changes this week. You know other stuff besides the Colts.
scarred but smarter
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

sin wrote:I got excited about Webb for about 3 points, after that...

P-13 can you talk football at all without it being about the Colts or Manning? Or comment without the GIGANTIC Coltstrong photo. We had two of the most boring playoff games in history on tonight, we've had coaching changes this week. You know other stuff besides the Colts.
Yeah, agreed on the games today. Both pretty boring. I thought both the Texans and Bengals turned in poor performances. The Bengals were just a tad worse. I think home field was the difference in that one. In the second game, Packers would have won that game, regardless if Ponder played. They slowed down AP considerably and that was the key to their game. They weren't that sharp offensively, and it feels like they should have won by a lot more than they did. But if their D plays like that against San Fran, they have a good chance.

I look forward to better games tomorrow, though I certainly wouldn't mind if the Colts blow out the Ravens. :lol: I don't think that will happen though, I think this one will be close till the end. Like I said in the other thread, we have to set the edge and not let Rice hit those cut back lanes. That's been our major weakness as of late. On passing plays, we must get to Flacco and put our corners in a position to make plays. If Flacco has all day to throw it's going to be a long day. Offensively, we must protect Luck and at least give him somewhat of a clean pocket to make throws. If we do that, there's no question that he will make plays.

On the coaching changes, they were all pretty predictable. Living in Chicago, I can tell you by far the majority of Bears fans wanted Smith gone years ago, so they are pretty happy. Norv Turner was obvious, he should been gone long ago. He'll surely land as a coordinator somewhere.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

He never watched football until the Colts became a season by season contender. Plus, he' the ultimate troll.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

NeverSurrender wrote:He never watched football until the Colts became a season by season contender. Plus, he' the ultimate troll.
Even if that were true, that would be about 1999. So that's about 14 years of being an NFL fan, not bad. The reality is I started watching football weekly in 1995. I watched some before that but never regularly. So that's about 18 years of watching football. Not as much as some, but then again I aint old.

Now, I'll leave you with this:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bane

Post by bane »

Green Bay took care of business. Under the circumstances, Minny had no chance. Peterson may be the MVP, but he can't do it by himself. I'm gonna agree with the "boring games today" mantra. I had a rooting interest in the first game, but otherwise, yeah, it wasn't exactly a nail biter. I hope tomorrow's are more exciting.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bane wrote:Green Bay took care of business. Under the circumstances, Minny had no chance. Peterson may be the MVP, but he can't do it by himself. I'm gonna agree with the "boring games today" mantra. I had a rooting interest in the first game, but otherwise, yeah, it wasn't exactly a nail biter. I hope tomorrow's are more exciting.

Actually, I thought the defense played well. Webb sucks though. That's the team's fault for having him as backup. Sage would've been better. But all in all, no Vikes fans thought we would have a playoff game, AD's mazing season or that finale against GB. As of right now, their is no question they had the best draft last year, even better than the three teams who got franchise QBs. Kalil, Harrison Smith, Wright and Walsh is an ungodly draft.

I think my team has a bright future if they get a couple more linebackers, and a semblance of a passing game. I'm hoping they trade Harvin and their first rounder to move up and draft Manti Te'o.
bane

Post by bane »

Dude, if you are pining for that guy, you're mistaken . Nice, very nice college run, but I'll bet you a six pack he amounts to squat in the NFL. Somebody will pick him too high. Hope your team aint' it. That kid is hype.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

bane wrote:Dude, if you are pining for that guy, you're mistaken . Nice, very nice college run, but I'll bet you a six pack he amounts to squat in the NFL. Somebody will pick him too high. Hope your team aint' it. That kid is hype.
Well, you are the same guy who said AD was the only Viking you feared, then they dominated your team, as a team. You must not have watched him. I've watched every game he's played the last two seasons. He's going to be an amazing pro. MARK MY WORDS (I never say this). Me thinks you should watch him more before you comment (Yeah, no chance you watched him saying those things.)
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Facedown wrote:Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach.
I was hoping he would stay at Cuse, but I'm happy for him. No clue what kind pf pro coach he will be.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Colts OC Bruce Arians is in the hospital with flu like symptoms and will not coach today's game.

Oregon's head coach is no longer a candidate for Browns job.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

eddie lee roth wrote:Colts OC Bruce Arians is in the hospital with flu like symptoms and will not coach today's game.
Here is P13's built in excuse for losing today. Next thing those fucks in indy will start: BruceStrong, Arian's Nation, Beat 'Em For Bruce.

Btw, it's nice to see their owner asking if 7am is too early to crack open the first brewski. He needs something to wash down those pills.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

How many picks will Luck throw?
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Wow, Baltimore beat Indy by 2+ TDs. Nobody saw that coming...
:lol:
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by exitflagger »

Ravenstrong!

ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

poizond13 wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:He never watched football until the Colts became a season by season contender. Plus, he' the ultimate troll.
Even if that were true, that would be about 1999. So that's about 14 years of being an NFL fan, not bad. The reality is I started watching football weekly in 1995. I watched some before that but never regularly. So that's about 18 years of watching football. Not as much as some, but then again I aint old.

Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

poizond13 wrote:

So, during what years did you play football?
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

P13 is such a cocksucker, he made me cheer for cancer.

Coach Pagano is a great story, and seems like a great guy. Too bad he has p13 as a fan. I was cheering for the Ravens like they were my team.