The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

sliquor wrote:Good to see Zack Ryder getting jobbed out as he's a joke.
The non-samoan members The Shield are future jobbers.
Nope. If worse comes to worse they'll go back to stardom (such as it were) on the indy circuit. Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose definitely has a Roddy Piper/crazy guy schtick that could/would get him over.
Captain Morgan
Kenny Loggins

Post by Captain Morgan »

Kaitlyn is fucking sexy. She seems like a sweetheart too.

As far as the Shield goes, I think Ambrose has the brightest future of them all. It will be interesting to see where Rollins and Reigns wind up.
BootyDaddy69
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by BootyDaddy69 »

Damn Rest In Peeeaaaaaccccceeeeeeeeee
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

I put up the news about Paul Bearer on my facebook wall, and it was pretty incredible seeing the amount of people that reacted. Most of them give shits about wrestling now, but that stuff in the 90s was some seriously fun television.

Paul will be missed. Man, he was one of the funniest fucking characters ever. His facial features alone made him amazing
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Royal Dudeness wrote: Paul will be missed. Man, he was one of the funniest fucking characters ever. His facial features alone made him amazing
Don't forget that godawful voice either, between that and the above he was one of the best.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Just saw this on TMZ.

Grew up watching him in World Class, in fact my mom still calls him Percy Pringle with a laugh.

His schtick was priceless. I still crack up at when Jake Roberts is on The Funeral Parlor and says he'll share the secrets of darkness with Ultimate Warrior. Paul trembles and in his highest voice says "You, you wouldn't do that? Would you?!".
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Artemis2085 wrote:Just saw this on TMZ.

Grew up watching him in World Class, in fact my mom still calls him Percy Pringle with a laugh.

His schtick was priceless. I still crack up at when Jake Roberts is on The Funeral Parlor and says he'll share the secrets of darkness with Ultimate Warrior. Paul trembles and in his highest voice says "You, you wouldn't do that? Would you?!".
:lol: He was tailor made for the business.
World Class eh that's what got me hooked many years ago well that and Mid-South Wrestling, remember Gen. Skandar Akbar?
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Artemis2085 wrote:Just saw this on TMZ.

Awesome stuff!

I grew up also watching him as Percival Pringle III on World Class on ESPN after school as a kid. Great times!
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

I marked out and met Paul Heyman after Old-School RAW this week and have now met the "Big 3"

Last edited by Angry Jew on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's Izzy?
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

You have got one hell of a knack for getting celeb photos.
paule5150
Opening for Slaughter

Post by paule5150 »

Jim Ross remembers Percy Pringle / Paul Bearer in his blog today

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/jrs-though ... aul-bearer
theglammerthebetter

Post by theglammerthebetter »

Angry Jew wrote:I marked out and met Paul Heyman after Old-School RAW this week and have now met the "Big 3"

Cool i met the big 3 years ago +shane +steph the only one i was missing was linda Mcmahon seen her at a couple of wrestlemania but couldnt get to her
They say all good boys go to heaven
But bad boys bring heaven to you
Space Bear
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Space Bear »

Should be interesting to see how this plays out...
Daffney/TNA situation could change wrestling

It has been around nine months since we had any update on Daffney‘s Workers’ Compensation claim against TNA, but Ringbelles has secured some information on the situation, and it could potentially lead to one of the biggest shake-ups in wrestling history. It could cause ripple effects not just through TNA, but also to WWE.

It was always telling that Daffney (Shannon Spruill) filed a Workers’ Comp lawsuit instead of a personal injury one, which could have been another avenue for her to be compensated for concussions which she suffered on TNA shows and effectively ended her in-ring career. The reason for that is because she wants to test the claim that wrestlers are “independent contractors”, which means that they are responsible for their own medical insurance and do not enjoy the same sort of protection and benefits that a regular employee would – similar to the lawsuit that Raven, Mike Sanders and Chris Kanyon filed against WWE back in 2008 – but was dismissed, partly because their claims were barred by statute of limitations.

TNA is to mediate with Spruill tomorrow – if a settlement is not reached, the case will go to court, when it will then be up to a judge to see if wrestlers under a contract, booked to appear at places on certain dates, be told to execute a planned outcome and not have the freedom to accept booking elsewhere are truly “independent contractors” or if they should be classified as employees. Rather than just looking to satisfy her medical bills which have left her out of pocket, Spruill’s case could create a legal judgement which means all wrestlers in places like WWE and TNA could legally have to become staff.

Were that to happen, both companies would likely have to face huge tax bills as well as an increase in costs due to having to sort out benefits and insurance. On the flip side, the wrestlers on the roster would have medical cover for their injuries. That would be more of an issue in TNA than WWE, considering wrestlers working for Vince McMahon are generally well taken care of, while there have been cases in TNA such as with Ron “R-Truth” Killings, Konnan and Jesse Neal where medical bills were a cause of tension, and April Hunter pointed out having to sign a medical waiver was a big reason why she never signed to wrestle with them.

It is possible that TNA would not want a lot of its dirty laundry aired in public as part of a court case where there could be a chance that a judge could decide that wrestlers should be classified as employees. There may be a settlement at the mediation stage tomorrow, with a confidentiality agreement signed which would bar Spruill from discussing the case any further. However, should that not happen and mediation ends without a settlement, the issue will be taken to court for a hearing on the motion on the same day.

Tomorrow could be a massive day for pro wrestling and pro wrestlers. We’ll keep you posted.
original article
my bestest friend ever deathcurse wrote:Space Bear is boring. He'll cry about this and I won't read it because he just sucks and makes me want to get hit by a car.
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

I would guess TNA would close its doors if they had to pay medical for all of their wrestlers, as would most indie feds.
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Leppardmania

Post by Leppardmania »

Scott Hall needs donations for an $80,000 hip replacement surgery, dental work, and rehab. :shock: :roll:

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1451 ... donate-now

Are you kidding?......hope he sobers up, but to ask fans for money after he blew his fortune on drugs/alcohol is just plain pathetic.

RambOWNED!!!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Have to agree with ya on that, to make a video asking for money its just too much, hard to come up with words to describe how disgusting that is.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

eddie lee roth wrote:Have to agree with ya on that, to make a video asking for money its just too much, hard to come up with words to describe how disgusting that is.
At least they are giving fans who donate some kind of merchandise.At the same time I'd imagine HHH,Nash and HBK could cover this with no problem.
Where's Izzy?
Sinderella

Post by Sinderella »

Im going to RAW tomorrow night. Will be TV side. Im thinking of making a
"ChocLesnar" sign for Big E Langston :D

Post by eddie lee roth »

Make one that says Ryblack also.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

ParaDime77 wrote:That Kaitlyn has some massive tits, good for you man!

Yeah, pretty soon once the lockerrooms done using her as the village bicycle, she'll be used up too, then they'll release her.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Space Bear wrote:Should be interesting to see how this plays out...
Daffney/TNA situation could change wrestling

It has been around nine months since we had any update on Daffney‘s Workers’ Compensation claim against TNA, but Ringbelles has secured some information on the situation, and it could potentially lead to one of the biggest shake-ups in wrestling history. It could cause ripple effects not just through TNA, but also to WWE.

It was always telling that Daffney (Shannon Spruill) filed a Workers’ Comp lawsuit instead of a personal injury one, which could have been another avenue for her to be compensated for concussions which she suffered on TNA shows and effectively ended her in-ring career. The reason for that is because she wants to test the claim that wrestlers are “independent contractors”, which means that they are responsible for their own medical insurance and do not enjoy the same sort of protection and benefits that a regular employee would – similar to the lawsuit that Raven, Mike Sanders and Chris Kanyon filed against WWE back in 2008 – but was dismissed, partly because their claims were barred by statute of limitations.

TNA is to mediate with Spruill tomorrow – if a settlement is not reached, the case will go to court, when it will then be up to a judge to see if wrestlers under a contract, booked to appear at places on certain dates, be told to execute a planned outcome and not have the freedom to accept booking elsewhere are truly “independent contractors” or if they should be classified as employees. Rather than just looking to satisfy her medical bills which have left her out of pocket, Spruill’s case could create a legal judgement which means all wrestlers in places like WWE and TNA could legally have to become staff.

Were that to happen, both companies would likely have to face huge tax bills as well as an increase in costs due to having to sort out benefits and insurance. On the flip side, the wrestlers on the roster would have medical cover for their injuries. That would be more of an issue in TNA than WWE, considering wrestlers working for Vince McMahon are generally well taken care of, while there have been cases in TNA such as with Ron “R-Truth” Killings, Konnan and Jesse Neal where medical bills were a cause of tension, and April Hunter pointed out having to sign a medical waiver was a big reason why she never signed to wrestle with them.

It is possible that TNA would not want a lot of its dirty laundry aired in public as part of a court case where there could be a chance that a judge could decide that wrestlers should be classified as employees. There may be a settlement at the mediation stage tomorrow, with a confidentiality agreement signed which would bar Spruill from discussing the case any further. However, should that not happen and mediation ends without a settlement, the issue will be taken to court for a hearing on the motion on the same day.

Tomorrow could be a massive day for pro wrestling and pro wrestlers. We’ll keep you posted.
original article
They settled out of court, so wrestlers are still independent contractors.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:
sliquor wrote:Good to see Zack Ryder getting jobbed out as he's a joke.
The non-samoan members The Shield are future jobbers.
Nope. If worse comes to worse they'll go back to stardom (such as it were) on the indy circuit. Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose definitely has a Roddy Piper/crazy guy schtick that could/would get him over.
I agree.
Ambrose is excellent, and Rollins moves real well and is solid on the mic. Shit, if there was a real tag team division, they'd be great in it.

Now knowing Raines' heritage, I guess he is being lined up for glory, but I'm unconvinced how well he'll go. He's big in the Cena/HHH sense of the word, but he's not freakishly big and he hasn't displayed a lot of actual wrestling ability thus far IMO. He's the brute in the context of the Shield, but outside of it, I'm not so sure he's gonna cut it. I mean, the assisted powerbomb is fairly unconvincing.
Last edited by demolition23 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Lardbucket wrote:I would guess TNA would close its doors if they had to pay medical for all of their wrestlers, as would most indie feds.
Most indie wrestlers are probably much closer to being legit independent contractors though.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Lardbucket

Post by Lardbucket »

Bully Ray is the new TNA champ and (GASP!!!) the President of Aces & Eights!!!
WHO could have seen that coming???

Still, though, I like it. Bully as champ is a good move, and having him as the face/mouthpiece of A&8's is exactly what they needed.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

So he really fucked the Hogans over :lol: good for him this should be a real good Impact this Thursday.

I was let down when they had D-Lo Brown as the vice prez but this makes up for it, somehow they need to get Jarret in the mix too.
BozoMcMetal
Headlining Clubs

Post by BozoMcMetal »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Make one that says Ryblack also.
i agree.
Soulberg is the best I've heard.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Lardbucket wrote: They settled out of court, so wrestlers are still independent contractors.
That's a shame in some respects.
I don't understand US labour laws, as they're quite different from here, but it logically seems bizarre to me that a WWE wrestler under contract could be called an independent contractor. WWE dictates their every move, normally owns the rights to their gimmick, arranges and/or approves the bulk of their out of ring work, doesn't let them perform for competing organisations at any point.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Lardbucket wrote:Bully Ray is the new TNA champ and (GASP!!!) the President of Aces & Eights!!!
WHO could have seen that coming???

Still, though, I like it. Bully as champ is a good move, and having him as the face/mouthpiece of A&8's is exactly what they needed.
I didn't think it was all that obvious. Babyface Bully sucked so hard I totally bought it.

All in all a surprisingly good PPV. X-Division and Tag-Title matches were amazing, solid gimmick match, and a main event that wraps up a story line that made sense for almost a year! That's what I really did not see coming.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Talk about things I did not see coming I can't believe I missed the obvious last night with C.M. Punk fucking with Undertaker about Paul Bearer passing away that made perfect sense.

I also thought they did a pretty good job with all the old video's of Paul Bearer.