The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

yeahbuddy wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:Ryan Bader...*womp*womp* :mrgreen:
Bader is a f'n tomato can.

After Bones Jones takes care of blondie in a couple of weeks. He should fight Texiera, and once he beats him, should move to heavy weight.
Does anyone think blondie will get out of the 1st rd?
If he brings his axe and shield.

In the TV promos, he looks just like Travis Fimmel. :lol:
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

yeahbuddy wrote:Watched the ultimate fighter show this afternoon.
Ronda is quite the drama queen isn't she?
That close up b&w confessional camera does neither of those
women any good.
The women that were chosen to fight are much more interesting
than any of the men. There's a number of women that stand out,
but I can't remember one guy. I don't think any of the women
are hot either, just more interesting. Come on, that gawky white
girl that lives in Japan & teaches literature or something. Can't
get much more interesting than that. And there's that bad ass
girl that trains with Tate.
I hope Tate beats Ronda just to bring Rousey back to earth.
But I seriously doubt that.
Why the hate for Rousey? She strikes me as a bit socially awkward (maybe insecure) but a proper athlete with a serious competitive streak. Tate comes off as an attention whore who cares more about how she looks on camera than the fighters. Both, though, will suck as coaches.

And I agree about the chick from Japan. My favorite contestant. So odd but endearing.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

So far, most of the women fights have been better than any of the men fights on their cards. The women are bringing it.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

caroline wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Watched the ultimate fighter show this afternoon.
Ronda is quite the drama queen isn't she?
That close up b&w confessional camera does neither of those
women any good.
The women that were chosen to fight are much more interesting
than any of the men. There's a number of women that stand out,
but I can't remember one guy. I don't think any of the women
are hot either, just more interesting. Come on, that gawky white
girl that lives in Japan & teaches literature or something. Can't
get much more interesting than that. And there's that bad ass
girl that trains with Tate.
I hope Tate beats Ronda just to bring Rousey back to earth.
But I seriously doubt that.
Why the hate for Rousey? She strikes me as a bit socially awkward (maybe insecure) but a proper athlete with a serious competitive streak. Tate comes off as an attention whore who cares more about how she looks on camera than the fighters. Both, though, will suck as coaches.

And I agree about the chick from Japan. My favorite contestant. So odd but endearing.
I don't hate Rousey, just like to see when a fighter is so dominate lose.
I love Anderson Silva, but was so ecstatic when got knocked out.
If not mistaken as a young child Rousey had some kind of speech impediment so that's why she speaks on the funny side & as you say socially awkward.
Can't wait for the day that Bones Jones loses. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe when he makes the move to heavy weight.
GSP has a good shot of losing his fight with Hendricks. If Johnny can land one of his bombs, it will be a short night for GSP.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

yeahbuddy wrote: I don't hate Rousey, just like to see when a fighter is so dominate lose.
If not mistaken as a young child Rousey had some kind of speech impediment so that's why she speaks on the funny side & as you say socially awkward.
Can't wait for the day that Bones Jones loses. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe when he makes the move to heavy weight.
GSP has a good shot of losing his fight with Hendricks. If Johnny can land one of his bombs, it will be a short night for GSP.

All GSP has to do is fight a typical GSP fight and he'll win again, on points. If Hendricks is gonna win he needs to do it before the championship rounds or it ain't gonna happen.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote: I don't hate Rousey, just like to see when a fighter is so dominate lose.

All GSP has to do is fight a typical GSP fight and he'll win again, on points. If Hendricks is gonna win he needs to do it before the championship rounds or it ain't gonna happen.
Hendricks is pretty good wrestler as well. He has pin point accuracy when he throws those bombs. I wouldn't be surprised if he catches GPS on his way in. And I agree with you on the championship rounds.
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

yeahbuddy wrote:If not mistaken as a young child Rousey had some kind of speech impediment so that's why she speaks on the funny side & as you say socially awkward.
Interesting. If that's the case it explains some things about her demeanor.
John Simon Ritchie

tin00can wrote:

"A typical GSP fight" = wrestle-fuck snoozefest.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:

His first fight back from the injury, against Condit, was good. Other than that, yeah. Man, I want to see a champion finish fights, not win them by decision.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

tin00can wrote:

His first fight back from the injury, against Condit, was good. Other than that, yeah. Man, I want to see a champion finish fights, not win them by decision.
I thought the Condit fight was a good fight.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Bigfoot vs Hunt set for December. I'd really love to see Hunt string 2 or 3 solid KOs together and get another crack at a title shot. I wonder how that JDS fight would've gone if he didn't break his toe.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:Bigfoot vs Hunt set for December. I'd really love to see Hunt string 2 or 3 solid KOs together and get another crack at a title shot. I wonder how that JDS fight would've gone if he didn't break his toe.
I was thinking the same thing about Hunt & his toe.

How do you think the Cain/JDS 3 fight is going to go this time?
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

That's a really good question. Honestly the two of them are so far ahead of the rest of the division that they could fight a 4th and 5th fight too. Judging by how the last one went, I think Cain might dominate him again.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:That's a really good question. Honestly the two of them are so far ahead of the rest of the division that they could fight a 4th and 5th fight too. Judging by how the last one went, I think Cain might dominate him again.
The thing I loved about Cain in that second fight is he never gave up on trying to take JDS down. Most fighters try 3 or 4 times and if not succesful, give up. Cain stayed on it the entire fight.

Personally I think that whenever Jon Jones moves to heavyweight the only fighter that has a chance to beat him is Cain.

Gotta say Cain is my favorite fighter. I like Anthony Pettis a lot as well. He's not a favorite, but I love Anderson Silva as well.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

So Mayhem got arrested again, again on Monday. That's three times in a span of a few months
John Simon Ritchie

TUF...always awesome seeing over confidence rewarded. :wink:
Jesus cheeerist, someone get Rhonda a goddamned crying towel.
And whoever said it earlier is right...she's quite dramatic. :lol:
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

John Simon Ritchie wrote:TUF...always awesome seeing over confidence rewarded. :wink:
Haven't watched the episode yet. I do not have the channel so I have to wait until its posted online. My two go to sites had the episode pulled, so gotta wait until they add others.
Somebody wrote on another site that Rousey is a social retard.
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:
John Simon Ritchie wrote:TUF...always awesome seeing over confidence rewarded. :wink:
Haven't watched the episode yet. I do not have the channel so I have to wait until its posted online. My two go to sites had the episode pulled, so gotta wait until they add others.

Sorry, man. I will try to stifle any spoilers.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

yeahbuddy wrote:

Sorry, man. I will try to stifle any spoilers.
No worries. I went on a mma website & the heading was Misha Tate's fighter
comment of "I love making Ronda cry" so my guess is Tate's fighter won.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

So BJ Penn has announced that he will return to the octagon. He will fight Frankie Edgar for a third time

at 145.....

wait, WHAT!?

http://www.fighters.com/09/11/bj-penn-v ... therweight
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

slash4pres wrote:So BJ Penn has announced that he will return to the octagon. He will fight Frankie Edgar for a third time

at 145.....

wait, WHAT!?

I guess he's trying to avenge those two losses, there are about 30 fightsers I'd rather see him fight for his return, though. I think the best matchup for him would be a rematch with Gomi at 155, but I guess he wants to lose again.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:
slash4pres wrote:So BJ Penn has announced that he will return to the octagon. He will fight Frankie Edgar for a third time

at 145.....

wait, WHAT!?

I guess he's trying to avenge those two losses, there are about 30 fightsers I'd rather see him fight for his return, though. I think the best matchup for him would be a rematch with Gomi at 155, but I guess he wants to lose again.
I've got much respect for BJ, but he is done & should stay done.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Watched last night.
Hmm, the Rousey fighter thought she was going to walk right through the other girl. Not so. The Tate fighter is a tough little cookie.
The 2nd round was a complete mauling and nice submission.

Does the loser leave the house now? Or does she get another shot?
As you can tell I never watch this show. I do watch the final show, but an entire season? Nope.

Ronda Rousey is white trash, pure & simple. And she needs to burn off that birthmark or whatever she's got going on her face.
My guess is because of her shitty personality, she will become uglier as the season goes forward.
She's got nothing to offer as a coach.
I like what Tate offers as a coach.
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:Watched last night.
Hmm, the Rousey fighter thought she was going to walk right through the other girl. Not so. The Tate fighter is a tough little cookie.

As you can tell I never watch this show. I do watch the final show, but an entire season? Nope.

Ronda Rousey is white trash, pure & simple. And she needs to burn off that birthmark or whatever she's got going on her face.
My guess is because of her shitty personality, she will become uglier as the season goes forward.
Guarantee the UFC will find a way to get Bayszler another shot at winning this thing. Fuck her, I say. And yep..Pena is a badass. Tough as nails from the looks, and end result, of it.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

yeahbuddy wrote:Watched last night.

Guarantee the UFC will find a way to get Bayszler another shot at winning this thing. Fuck her, I say. And yep..Pena is a badass. Tough as nails from the looks, and end result, of it.
Bayszler got nailed by some serious shots. That first shot that landed was a good one. I think that once her gameplan didn't go as planned, she didn't know what to do.
Kind of like Donald Cerrone. He's a great fighter when things are going his way, but when its not, he's in trouble.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

BJ penn was possibly the greatest fighter ever for like 4 fights (Stevenson, Sherk, Florian, Sanchez) but has since declined and should be fighting lesser competition. Why the fuck is he fighting at 145 when he was too lazy to fight 155? Just fight at your damn weightclass, ya fuck!
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

yeahbuddy wrote:Does the loser leave the house now? Or does she get another shot?
The loser stays in the house and keeps training, ostensibly to help their teammates prepare. The only way a loser can get back in the competition though is if another contestant is injured and has to back out.

And Rousey really is an unbelievably sore loser.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Jones KO
Barao Sub
Mittrione KO
Fill-a-Poo Decision
Nurmadurmaaderkastan Decsion
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

Anyone watch the Mayweather Alvarez fight? I feel like I watched a different fight than everybody else. I thought it was a lot closer than people are saying. People get too influenced by the commentators in these fights (same in MMA). There were a few rounds where floyd was in defensive mode and alvarez was being a lot more active. I had it 7 to 5 for Floyd. Alvarez with another 3 years and a real trainer like Freddy Roach, would have the tools to beat Mayweather. This fight was too early for him.

After spending more time watching MMA recently, I find it funny how the boxing community makes such a big deal out of cutting weight and the weight put on before a fight. It is standard practice in MMA for fighters to drop almost 30 lbs before a fight. At the theater I watched the fight, people were talking about how was canelo allowed to fight after putting back on the 15 lbs. I think it has more to do with MMA fans being (generally) more knowledgeable of the sport and all it's ins and outs. Whereas boxing fans are for the most part fair (May) weather fans.....
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Anyone watch the Mayweather Alvarez fight? I feel like I watched a different fight than everybody else. I thought it was a lot closer than people are saying. People get too influenced by the commentators in these fights (same in MMA). There were a few rounds where floyd was in defensive mode and alvarez was being a lot more active. I had it 7 to 5 for Floyd. Alvarez with another 3 years and a real trainer like Freddy Roach, would have the tools to beat Mayweather. This fight was too early for him.

After spending more time watching MMA recently, I find it funny how the boxing community makes such a big deal out of cutting weight and the weight put on before a fight. It is standard practice in MMA for fighters to drop almost 30 lbs before a fight. At the theater I watched the fight, people were talking about how was canelo allowed to fight after putting back on the 15 lbs. I think it has more to do with MMA fans being (generally) more knowledgeable of the sport and all it's ins and outs. Whereas boxing fans are for the most part fair (May) weather fans.....

I haven't watched much boxing in years but I watched the fight last night. Not to go all MMA-bro, but man, it was boring in comparison to UFC. Those big-ass gloves limit the damage so much, and every 20 seconds there was a clinch that had to be broken up. On the plus side the rounds went much quicker, but that also tends to limit momentum. Mayweather kinda reminded me of GSP at the end of most of his fights - looked like he just stepped into the ring. Not too exciting.