The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

The brace has nothing to do with it, wouldn't be surprised if he wears one from now on, many upon many players with surgical wounds wear braces, big deal...I wore one for 15 years after my operation. I still picture Dan Marino's
Crazy Levi wrote:It sure looks like he came back too soon. Like I said, that brace is ridiculous.
It looks stupid! :lol:

Better get used to it, wouldn't be surprised if he retired with it. He'll wear it this full year that much I'll bet on.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Tenacious_Dio wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: RGIII tossed over 300yd's in both games to go along with 5TD's.
Defenses tend to soften up when they're up by 4 touchdowns.
Maybe the other team shouldn't be giving up 4 TD's.

You speak the truth, the game and a half I watch RG looked like a good QB who hasn't played in almost a year, not a shitty QB earning garbage miles on SouthWest. If that was the case RG would have 3 more picks.
This is absolutely true. And nobody - aside from the usual lunatics on twitter - would blame the Redskins' pathetic performance and record so far soley on RG3.

That doesn't mean people can't question if he came back too soon, or in fact, should even be on the active roster. Motherfucker is sporting a Mad Max leg brace for Christ's sake. Even if he were 100 % - which he clearly ain't - how could he perform at 100 % wearing that goddamn thing?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote:The brace has nothing to do with it, wouldn't be surprised if he wears one from now on, many upon many players with surgical wounds wear braces, big deal...I wore one for 15 years after my operation. I still picture Dan Marino's
Crazy Levi wrote:It sure looks like he came back too soon. Like I said, that brace is ridiculous.
It looks stupid! :lol:

Better get used to it, wouldn't be surprised if he retired with it. He'll wear it this full year that much I'll bet on.
In that first game, where he had it under his pants, he looked like he got a leg transplant from Earl Campbell.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Yeah those garbage time stats aren't making me feel any better about it.
Garbage stats is what he needs, HELLO! preseason! he didn't get them in Aug/Sept. It's not about the stats, it's the timing and confidence in his WR'S. Not to mention, he's still a FUCKING kid. a ROOKIE last year? I've got shit in my fridge older them him.

Skin fan's are kind of whiny.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Yeah those garbage time stats aren't making me feel any better about it.
Garbage stats is what he needs, HELLO! preseason! he didn't get them in Aug/Sept. It's not about the stats, it's the timing and confidence in his WR'S. Not to mention, he's still a FUCKING kid. a ROOKIE last year? I've got shit in my fridge older them him.

Skin fan's are kind of whiny.
I can't argue with this. I was ready to leave the bar about halfway through the second quarter before a friend talked me down.

And don't be surprised if RG3 gets booed on Sunday when he comes out to face the Lions. No joke there.

I was at the Skins' first home game following their last Super Bowl win. They had lost in week one vs. the Cowboys. Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien was met with a chorus of thunderous boos when he was introduced vs. the Falcons.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:That doesn't mean people can't question if he came back too soon, or in fact, should even be on the active roster. Motherfucker is sporting a Mad Max leg brace for Christ's sake. Even if he were 100 % - which he clearly ain't - how could he perform at 100 % wearing that goddamn thing?
He's medically cleared by a staff of 100 and the best doctor on the planet on top training with 100's more all under a microscope.

Think I'd take that combination of recommendation over the Hogs on the Redskins internet form. He's not going to devolving timing from playing Xbox.

ANDDDDDDDDDD, I said before, get used to the brace. it's going to be there a long time.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:I was at the Skins' first home game following their last Super Bowl win. They had lost in week one vs. the Cowboys. Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien was met with a chorus of thunderous boos when he was introduced vs. the Falcons.

Come on, Mark Rypien's? I bet his parents boo him.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:I was at the Skins' first home game following their last Super Bowl win. They had lost in week one vs. the Cowboys. Super Bowl MVP Mark Rypien was met with a chorus of thunderous boos when he was introduced vs. the Falcons.

Come on, Mark Rypien's? I bet his parents boo him.
His daughter is somehow hot.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:It sure does. I'm not in denial like you. Your qb's knee is fucked.

John, explain this:

Because of all the fucking fouls, the DB pulling up just as the RB gave him a good nudge? 10+ years ago it would be a different.....I mean the Vik's would still be 0 -2 but the hit would be different.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:His daughter is somehow hot.
Dam, no way the mother was faithful.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

HAHHA..

Loving the Jim Zorn pic with the trophies there.. Forgot he even coached there.

Naw, Griffin sure doesn't look the same. Most definately he ain't healthy. Also, Defenses have a little more film on the guy and see what he can and can't do. That may play into a bit.

Course, being as my team sucks bad and don't stand snowball's chance in winning a playoff spot. Yes, I know, it's only week two.. Hahha.. And it's "only" Romo at QB, a wannabe as a HC, and a GM who is a douche.

I sure do hope that the skins linger on as they have so far this season. I don't think it will last. Just like the Giants stinkin up the joint won't last. Sweeps in the NFC East is what I am hoping for.

Yes, it's that bad already. But, that is a dream as well.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

sin wrote:I'm not quite ready to pronounce the end of the Patriots dynasty after two games, but it sure is starting to look that way.
It's not looking good, is it? It's incomprehensible to me how Belichick goes into the season with this receiving corp -- you have Brady, give him just a few decent receivers and he is set. But all rookies? And, as everyone predicted, the Welker for Amendola switch is looking like a disaster.

THAT SAID, the Jets and the Bills both blew golden opportunities. The Patriots offense will only get better and their defense is actually a legitimately good defense this year. The time to get them is now.

They will be in the mix in the playoffs -- I don't see any AFC walking away with anything as of now. Yes, even the Broncos.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

veritas wrote: It's not looking good, is it? It's incomprehensible to me how Belichick goes into the season with this receiving corp -- you have Brady, give him just a few decent receivers and he is set. But all rookies? And, as everyone predicted, the Welker for Amendola switch is looking like a disaster.

To be fair, they did try to keep Lloyd, didn't think Hernandez would be arrested for murder and thought Gronk would be ready to go.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: NFL Thread, Bitches!!!!

Post by eddie lee roth »

AliceManson wrote:
veritas wrote: It's not looking good, is it? It's incomprehensible to me how Belichick goes into the season with this receiving corp -- you have Brady, give him just a few decent receivers and he is set. But all rookies? And, as everyone predicted, the Welker for Amendola switch is looking like a disaster.

To be fair, they did try to keep Lloyd, didn't think Hernandez would be arrested for murder and thought Gronk would be ready to go.

Remember this??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

eddie lee roth wrote:
AliceManson wrote:
Facedown wrote: Reports are out the the Pats may also be close to a 5yr/40mil deal with Wes Welker.
Just sign Amendola, Welker is way past his prime.
That statement is so full of stupid I have to ask, have you been hanging out with lil pp?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

UtahRatt wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:It sure does. I'm not in denial like you. Your qb's knee is fucked.

John, explain this:

Because of all the fucking fouls, the DB pulling up just as the RB gave him a good nudge? 10+ years ago it would be a different.....I mean the Vik's would still be 0 -2 but the hit would be different.

Briggs is a linebacker (Safeties don't wear numbers in the 50s). And Ponder (# 7) is a qb. Obviously, you couldn't wait to run your yapper and totally missed all that. See, that's what makes it different and funny. And that shit is hilarious. I bet his teammates ragged his ass.

I'm not buying your explanation either. I'm pretty sure that if that was a rb running over a saftey, they wouldn't even had made it a gif,
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Hey your facing the Lions next week Levi. They couldn't beat the Cardinals without FItzgerald playing. They have Aker's as the kicker and one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

The only concern you should have is their front four getting to RGIII.
scarred but smarter
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

AliceManson wrote:

They released Lloyd because they didn't want to pay him his contract salary -- how is that trying to keep him? (I don't blame them for not wanting him).

True, no one could have expected Hernandez to be a murderer (or, at least, such a sloppy, stupid one -- you would think under Belichick he would have learned something about proper preparation and planning), but the rest was reasonably foreseeable: Gronk's unavailability was known, Amendola's poor history of staying on the field was known, and rookie wide receiver's slow learning curve was known.

I know there were serious defensive needs, but I would look at it this way: you have one of the best quarterbacks of all time in a dwindling window (maybe 3-4 years, tops?), why not ensure that he was some secure weapons. I'm not talking Mike Wallace, but there were receivers on the open market and you are $10M under cap?

All that being said, Belichick will still figure out a way to make this team one of the top teams come December.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

veritas wrote: They released Lloyd because they didn't want to pay him his contract salary -- how is that trying to keep him? (I don't blame them for not wanting him).
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... returning/
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

These are not your grandfather's Steelers.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

John, explain this:

Did they flag that? He was in bounds and giving no indication he was about to slide. Briggs is done. That's 2 weeks in a row I've seen him bounce off a guy .
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

With RGIII's injury and Levi's understandably being upset over it, you would think P13 would have come back by now. I don't see him as the type to let things go.
scarred but smarter
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:

John, explain this:

Did they flag that? He was in bounds and giving no indication he was about to slide. Briggs is done. That's 2 weeks in a row I've seen him bounce off a guy .

Not that I remember. Just thought it was funny how a lb bounced off a qb who is kind of smallish.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

sin wrote:With RGIII's injury and Levi's understandably being upset over it, you would think P13 would have come back by now. I don't see him as the type to let things go.

p13 isn't coming back here even if we all find out meathead licks man anus.

Not unless he tries to do it with a new name.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

AliceManson wrote:
veritas wrote: They released Lloyd because they didn't want to pay him his contract salary -- how is that trying to keep him? (I don't blame them for not wanting him).
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... returning/
That's purportedly about Patriots considering bringing him back -- not trying to keep him.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

sin wrote:With RGIII's injury and Levi's understandably being upset over it, you would think P13 would have come back by now. I don't see him as the type to let things go.
I'm sure it's KILLING him to not be able to rub it in to Levi.
But the hooker anus looms large over everything.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

johnk5150 wrote:

John, explain this:

Hope they didn't flag that. That is some good ol' football right there. Love it.

Nice to see the Steeler stinkin up the joint.. Hope that trend continues.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

sin wrote:Hey your facing the Lions next week Levi. They couldn't beat the Cardinals without FItzgerald playing. They have Aker's as the kicker and one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

The only concern you should have is their front four getting to RGIII.
Yeah?

I have two other concerns. They are called Calvin Johnson and the Skins' absolutely atrocious secondary. So I have lots of concerns.

Of course 6 or 7 wins might take the NFC East title this season.

I have to say, deep in the blackest depths of my soul I have a horrible feeling, and that feeling is the Eagles.

All of the teams in the East have wretched defenses. So it'll come down to who has the good offense. A month ago I would have said not even close, it's the Skins. But if they don't come around, it sure looks like the Eagles will be scoring the most points.

Fuckin Philly.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bludegeon wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

John, explain this:

Hope they didn't flag that. That is some good ol' football right there. Love it.

Nice to see the Steeler stinkin up the joint.. Hope that trend continues.

As much as I can't stand him, he was very good in the 2nd half against the Bears.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
As much as I can't stand him, he was very good in the 2nd half against the Bears.
Bears lack of pass rush is KILLING their DBs. Dalton and Ponder had time to make a fucking sandwich in those 2 games.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Don't really know what to say about the Skins but I'll parse it in terms we can all understand: Apparently, they suck. They cannot do anything right - this reminds me of the team as it was during their October and early November last season. Except now, the offense is just as bad as the defense.

It's starting to look like RG3 shouldn't be playing at all. He resembles the RG3 of the last few games last season - far less mobile and saddled with a bulky knee brace. At some point you'd have to think about shutting him down and letting him actually heal up - Cousins might be a better option.

The good news for Skins fans? The NFC East might be the worst division right now in football. Nobody has a defense, and all have some issues on offense.

9-7 probably takes this division - they've all got brutal schedules.
What a mess this team is.
Defense is awful and the RGIII vs Cousins vs Head Coach controversy continues.
The kid needs to step aside and allow someone else to take the snaps until his knee
is 100%. The knee is nowhere near ready for NFL games.
RGIII is terrified that Cousins will step in, excel at the position and take his job
DRAMA up in The Skins camp!!!