Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:But, the point remains I couldn't care less what you think about my sports IQ.
If that's the case why did make a full post filled with quotes, explanations and emoticons?

Don't like P13? How about AsoliderUnderP13surrendered?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:I can't wait to see Kershaw pitch live. Tomorrow needs to get here.
Take pic's! :lol:

Not that anyone would doubt your word or anything.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The DEVIL rays up 3-0 in the 6th! Come on Cleveland, what the fuck.

Flow chart for who to root for. Made for Yankee fans?
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/62260854/

I have more faith in Mattingly then the batting order as this point so let's get in on!
Matt Kemp leading cheers on crutches and Andre Ethier reduced to only pinch-hitting, right fielder Yasiel Puig will be relocated from the top of the Dodgers' batting order to the middle for Thursday night's Game 1 of the National League Division Series against the Braves (5:30 p.m. PT on TBS).

Don Mattingly to bat Puig fifth behind Hanley Ramirez and Adrian Gonzalez, with Carl Crawford moving back up to leadoff.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Atlanta leaving their highest paid player off the roster! Dan Uggla! That's 22 HR's gone! Hitting .179 is going to be missed tho.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-bas ... ayer-uggla

As a manager I wouldn't do it, he could have been their Kirk Gibson. Good news for LA!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Is it me or does this wild card system favor the wild card? They've just came off a gigantic win and fueled with momentum while the division winner cools down and sits.

It's my first experience watching it unfold and I don't like it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers-Braves NLDS preview: Who has the edge? One call for the Dodgers.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-bas ... s-the-edge

"Prediction

I'm going with the Dodgers getting at least two of the three Kershaw/Greinke starts in the series -- if not all three -- and winning the series in five games. Now, this is where all the Braves fans scream about no respect and "everyone counting them out." By no means is that even remotely correct. The Braves have a great shot at winning the series and aren't being counted out. It's just a pick -- and not an overly confident one. I actually feel like this series is a toss-up, and in that case, Kershaw going twice in a short series was ultimately my deciding factor."
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

UtahRatt wrote:Is it me or does this wild card system favor the wild card? They've just came off a gigantic win and fueled with momentum
...and with their ace pitcher on the shelf for the first two or three games of the series.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

demolition23 wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Is it me or does this wild card system favor the wild card? They've just came off a gigantic win and fueled with momentum
...and with their ace pitcher on the shelf for the first two or three games of the series.

Yup. There's other factors.

*Edit The Card's didn't seem effected.

Cardinals 9 Pirates 1

How they didn't yank AJ is mind boggling. Lost command and exploded.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Adrian Gonzalez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YA!
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Didn't see that coming. It will blow my mind if the west coast Yankees make it past the first.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FUCK YA! Dodgers 6 Braves 1

Braves - 15 Strike Outs, Medlen was on fire for the first inning. Dan Uggla wasn't missed his replacement blanked at the play with 3 SO and an error they called a hit.

Clayton 12 SO - 3BB, had some spot issues with the 4 seam and curve anyone other then Clayton or Greinke I'd bit off more nails.

The worst part about it all, watching this shit on TBS, biased announcing television is hard to watch when they're quietly commenting for the other side. Game 4 might be on MLBN, I hope. Think I'll watch the rest online.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Didn't see that coming. It will blow my mind if the west coast Yankees make it past the first.
I'm not really familiar with Atlanta other then some stats so I wasn't sure what to expect other then they'd strike out. I'm sure at some point Atlanta will break loose. Pitching > Hitting
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Fridays games.

Ray's @ Red Sox = Red Sox, wouldn't be surprised if it's dominating.

Detroit @ Oakland = Detroit
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Think Blue:

So much fun getting to see Kershaw live, and see A-Gone's blast. And to see The Braves fans stop doing that chop thingy somewhere around the 4th inning.

And to see Puig pick off some Braves player after a dumb ass base running error that would usually be Puig.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:Think Blue:

And to see Puig pick off some Braves player after a dumb ass base running error that would usually be Puig.
That was beautiful. There was a few key miscues that helped shut the crowed up. I'm so tired of Atlanta's chant, didn't like it 20 years ago.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

The best thing was the Braves fans bitching about every pitch like they can see it better than the ump from the seats by right field.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Dusty Baker fired today by Reds.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

A-Rod has come out swinging by filing a lawsuit against Bud Selig and MLB, claiming they paid off the star witness against the Yankee slugger ... paid him millions of dollars to help force A-Rod out of baseball.

The suit claims Selig and MLB paid $5 million to Anthony Bosch, head of the Biogenesis Clinic -- the place A-Rod allegedly went to in order to obtain undetectable steroids.

The upshot -- A-Rod believes the testimony is tainted by the hefty price tag.

The suit claims MLB has been unfairly targeted for a 211-game suspension -- which A-Rod's lawyer claims is a witch hunt.

The suit claims Selig and MLB interfered with A-Rod's contracts and business relationships.

Sources connected with A-Rod tell TMZ he's been tested for performance enhancing drugs 11 times since 2011 and they've come up clean every time.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Jeremy Cranick via twitter: It's very unlike Arod to do something to upstage the postseason.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Speaking of lawsuits, Pujols is suing Jack Clark
for claiming Pujols has used PED's.......
Sheep_Mafia
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

I would guess that ARod's suit gets tossed. First because it lacks merit and then because of the CBA and anti-trust designation. But, if it does go to trial, it will be great to see ARod get on the stand and either purger himself or own it and humiliate himself either way. Only way this goes well for him is if he is innocent which he is of course not.

Basically, he is arguing that MLB paid Bosch more than he paid him and wanted to pay later. Clownish and irrelevant in that all that matters is did he use the drugs.

He is opening himself up to all kinds of things here and again, if it doesn't get tossed get him up on the stand and put him on record and then let the fed's have him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Sheep_Mafia wrote:I would guess that ARod's suit gets tossed. First because it lacks merit and then because of the CBA and anti-trust designation. But, if it does go to trial, it will be great to see ARod get on the stand and either purger himself or own it and humiliate himself either way. Only way this goes well for him is if he is innocent which he is of course not.

Basically, he is arguing that MLB paid Bosch more than he paid him and wanted to pay later. Clownish and irrelevant in that all that matters is did he use the drugs.

He is opening himself up to all kinds of things here and again, if it doesn't get tossed get him up on the stand and put him on record and then let the fed's have him.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only ARod was allowed to take the stand and tell his side of the story. Same goes for Bud Selig and his goons.
Those men should all be forced to take the stand and tell the truth about what they knew, what they did or did not do.
ARod claims he has passed 11 tests since 2011.
How many other peers can say the same? For example, David Ortiz. So if Ortiz can get a free pass for successfully passing tests, ARod should be afforded the same courtesy.
But since ARod is the highest player in the league and one of the most hated players in the league, he does not get a pass and instead is subject to a lot of scrutiny.
Now that lawyers from both sides are involved this case will only get uglier and nothing will actually get accomplished.
ARod has already been convicted by the public and there is probably nothing he can do to change that.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sheep_Mafia wrote:I would guess that ARod's suit gets tossed. First because it lacks merit and then because of the CBA and anti-trust designation. But, if it does go to trial, it will be great to see ARod get on the stand and either purger himself or own it and humiliate himself either way. Only way this goes well for him is if he is innocent which he is of course not.

I think this ends badly for Arod and I hope he wins his appeal. 50 games was negotiated with the CBA so that's what should be adhered to.

I read a comment on bleacher report stating "Selig had no issue with steroids when Mcgwire and Sosa were putting butts in the seats." No shit. Fuck Selig.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:

I think this ends badly for Arod and I hope he wins his appeal. 50 games was negotiated with the CBA so that's what should be adhered to.

I read a comment on bleacher report stating "Selig had no issue with steroids when Mcgwire and Sosa were putting butts in the seats." No shit. Fuck Selig.
Preach on Kill-
Bud Selig's rep should be destroyed by the Sports Media, but for whatever reason the media fails to expose Bud for the con-artist he is.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only ARod was allowed to take the stand and tell his side of the story. Same goes for Bud Selig and his goons.
Those men should all be forced to take the stand and tell the truth about what they knew, what they did or did not do.
How many other peers can say the same? For example, David Ortiz. So if Ortiz can get a free pass for successfully passing tests, ARod should be afforded the same courtesy.
But since ARod is the highest player in the league and one of the most hated players in the league, he does not get a pass and instead is subject to a lot of scrutiny.
Now that lawyers from both sides are involved this case will only get uglier and nothing will actually get accomplished.
ARod has already been convicted by the public and there is probably nothing he can do to change that.
Poor Arod having his integrity questioned for no reason.

Oh that's right. He failed the test in 2003, oh and he admitted to juicing.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote: I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only ARod was allowed to take the stand and tell his side of the story. Same goes for Bud Selig and his goons.
Poor Arod having his integrity questioned for no reason.

Oh that's right. He failed the test in 2003, oh and he admitted to juicing.
That's the past.
Is this case about 2003 or the present???
Sheep_Mafia

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

Machado wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only ARod was allowed to take the stand and tell his side of the story. Same goes for Bud Selig and his goons.
I would say nearly all of his peers can say the same since they haven't failed tests. I don't know why people fall into that "he didn't fail a test" deal. First, a whole lot of people took their suspensions here and apologized and didn't fail a test either. Plus, HGH wasn't even tested for during this period and it is known that they are now using fast acting and moving out of your system testosterone to beat the tests. To say he didn't fail a test as proof is to believe that because so few do that no one is using. We all know, or should know better. I don't see ARod saying he didn't use.

I don't understand your position here Machado. Do you believe ARod didn't use or just think MLB is making an example of him and hitting him harder for his use?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Sheep_Mafia wrote:
Machado wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, if only ARod was allowed to take the stand and tell his side of the story. Same goes for Bud Selig and his goons.
I would say nearly all of his peers can say the same since they haven't failed tests. I don't know why people fall into that "he didn't fail a test" deal. First, a whole lot of people took their suspensions here and apologized and didn't fail a test either. Plus, HGH wasn't even tested for during this period and it is known that they are now using fast acting and moving out of your system testosterone to beat the tests. To say he didn't fail a test as proof is to believe that because so few do that no one is using. We all know, or should know better. I don't see ARod saying he didn't use.

I don't understand your position here Machado. Do you believe ARod didn't use or just think MLB is making an example of him and hitting him harder for his use?
I believe MLB is going above and beyond to make an example out of ARod
and hitting a lot harder for his violations.

I also think it's difficult to believe a drug dealer like Bosch when reports are he is being paid $5M for his testimony. That's a lot of money and can easily be understood Tony will say anything and everything for that amount of money.
Sheep_Mafia

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

Machado wrote: I believe MLB is going above and beyond to make an example out of ARod
and hitting a lot harder for his violations.

I also think it's difficult to believe a drug dealer like Bosch when reports are he is being paid $5M for his testimony. That's a lot of money and can easily be understood Tony will say anything and everything for that amount of money.
We'll see how that turns out but his rep today said they haven't paid him $5 much less $5 Million. My guess is ARod's team is trying to tie in MLB dropping the lawsuit against him as if they could count that as a win. We'll see though.

I'm sure they are making this all about the credibility of Bosch. Problem is, what about the credibility of one Alex Rodriquez? There exists video after video of him lying over the years. ARod is the one that chose to associate with this shady dude and its logical to ask why would he do that?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: I also think it's difficult to believe a drug dealer like Bosch when reports are he is being paid $5M for his testimony. That's a lot of money and can easily be understood Tony will say anything and everything for that amount of money.
Alex is trying to go the Roger Clemens route of "my pharmacist's a shady guy, don't take his word for it and when Andy said 'I fucking gave him HGH ( like I did my wife for the SI cover ) he misremembered."

Alex is going to lose his lawsuit and possibly lose out on the money from the Steinbrenner-jackassery contract. Boesch has evidence supporting Arod's PED usage and to the lengths he went to hide it not unlike Ryan Braun.

Arod's going to fail at this harder than being at the plate with RiSP in October.