The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

John Simon Ritchie
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Fight on TUF looks like a corker next week.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
caroline
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by caroline »

The mother wasn't so bad though, huh? A little too peppy for my taste, but not full on batshit crazy like I thought she'd be.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The Stun Gun!!!
I see the over hyped Silva got KO'd!
They keep making that guy seem like the next big thing.
Two steps forward, a step back.
Matt Hamill? Really Matt?
Shields is the perfect gate keeper. Will never fight for a championship again, but will fight every up and comer. If he wins, the up & comer goes to the back of the bus, and if Shields loses, up & comer keeps up & coming.
Overall, an okay night of fights.
Good to see the Stun Gun take out Senor Over hyped.
Looking forward to JDS vs Cain. Great card!!
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Hamill was just awful. Sad to watch. Stun gun KO was awesome. Who do you put Shields up against in his next fight? Would love to see him get KO'd.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:Hamill was just awful. Sad to watch. Stun gun KO was awesome. Who do you put Shields up against in his next fight? Would love to see him get KO'd.
Watching Hamill was so sad & painful to watch. It really was. With every kick that landed, he was like a tree getting ready to fall, and the only thing that saved him was the bell.

I don't know who Shields should fight. Mullethead & a few others could come up with a fighter. Who is another up & comer in his class? There's no way he should come close to a title shot. Maia with a win was to be considered. Not anymore.
jellyheadrobertson
Playing Frat Parties

Post by jellyheadrobertson »

Ellenberger perhaps. The top WW fighters all have upcoming fights.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

jellyheadrobertson wrote:Ellenberger perhaps. The top WW fighters all have upcoming fights.
That's a good one. Ellenberger did say he wants to fight before end of the year (168 maybe?). I don't know if Shields would be ready or not for an end of year fight.
I see the controversy tonight is Palharas (spelling) not letting go of the submission when Pierce tapped. Sounds like he is going to be suspended.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

A gif was made of the Silva KO.
Somebody made a comment about Joe Silva's reaction.

http://minus.com/l0x6PKO3kaSC7
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Post by EddieVanHeineken »

I don't know why any non Brazilian would want to fight there. 90% of the time if it goes to a decision the Brazilian is getting it. You basically have to stun gun the guy.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
to increase the population
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
John Simon Ritchie

jellyheadrobertson wrote:Hamill was just awful. Sad to watch.

Yep. That was bad. Never cared for Hamill, but felt bad for the guy.

And onto TUF...the fight last night was as good as expected.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

That's too bad about Silva, I saw that kid going places. I really hope he doesn't get cut, he should be 4-2 if it weren't for Yamasaki's dumb ass.

Paul Harris just doesn't know when to let go, does he? Isn't that like, the third time he's done that?
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:That's too bad about Silva, I saw that kid going places. I really hope he doesn't get cut, he should be 4-2 if it weren't for Yamasaki's dumb ass.

Paul Harris just doesn't know when to let go, does he? Isn't that like, the third time he's done that?
Everybody says that about Silva. "he's got promise, up & coming blah blah blah". Enough of that.

I thought Shields won the fight, but others are saying Maia won.
Who do you guys think won?

Yeah, Paul Harris as you call him likes to give an extra yank, twist, or pull when a fighter taps.
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

I don't really know who won because I didn't watch it and I don't want to. Shields fights are always snoozers and Maia is pretty boring when he isn't far above the grappling ability of his opponent. He'll beast through guys like Rick Story, but when someone can neutralize his sub attempts, he becomes a Jiu Jitsu version of Fitch.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

Paul Harris was just banned from the UFC. He does this twice in the UFC. 2 other times in some smaller organizations. His own manager on mmajunkie.com stated that he was hurting training partners in training camps and they had conversations about this problem. He claims it is habit and adrenaline. It's either the guy is a simpleton or is just trying to hurt people. I tend to lean toward the second explanation.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Thiago Silva's waistline is getting bigger and softer, I think I'd like to see it up against Shogun's. The BBBB (Big Brazilian Bellied Brawl).

I also didn't really watch the main fight for the reason slash mentioned.

I think Erick Silva isn't destined to be a champion or anything, but being caught by the stun gun doesn't make him a bum. It's not like he was being dominated. Anyway my favourite fight in the event by far.

Too bad about Palhares, though, I really enjoy his fights.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

EddieVanHeineken wrote: It's either the guy is a simpleton or is just trying to hurt people. I tend to lean toward the second explanation.
Could be both, but just from listening to him speak he strikes me as really nice dude. A bit naive and not very bright, but I don't think he's out to hurt people just for shits and giggles.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

EddieVanHeineken wrote:Paul Harris was just banned from the UFC. He does this twice in the UFC. 2 other times in some smaller organizations. His own manager on mmajunkie.com stated that he was hurting training partners in training camps and they had conversations about this problem. He claims it is habit and adrenaline. It's either the guy is a simpleton or is just trying to hurt people. I tend to lean toward the second explanation.
Rousimar Palhares..... Kinda dont agree with this last one...didnt look like he held the Heel Lock for a very extended period after the initial break from the Ref...

Either way though, if he has been cautioned about it by his own people, then he should have paid closer attention...
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

BodyBagz wrote:
EddieVanHeineken wrote:Paul Harris was just banned from the UFC. He does this twice in the UFC. 2 other times in some smaller organizations. His own manager on mmajunkie.com stated that he was hurting training partners in training camps and they had conversations about this problem. He claims it is habit and adrenaline. It's either the guy is a simpleton or is just trying to hurt people. I tend to lean toward the second explanation.
Rousimar Palhares..... Kinda dont agree with this last one...didnt look like he held the Heel Lock for a very extended period after the initial break from the Ref...

Either way though, if he has been cautioned about it by his own people, then he should have paid closer attention...
Watch it again.
Pierce taps before Palhares before he begins to turn him on the ground. Pierce goes to the ground still tapping. Ref comes in to stop it. Palhares still taking care of business while Pierce is tapping, finally Palhares lets go. The sequence was at least 5 seconds of tapping before Palhares lets go. Not cool. Good riddance!
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Fallon Fox just lost by TKO. I guess he can't beat all the women
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Nick Diaz and bisping have said they'd be down to fight at 185. I think Diaz would get in his head and make him brawl. Don't get me wrong, I could see Bisping winning with a Condit-like strategy, but he's also easily gotten to and Diaz will talk mad shit.

Also my picks for this saturday

Noons ko
Kaufman decision
Lombard KO
Boestch Decision
Melendez Decision
Cormier decision
The ME was really hard to make a guess, but just because he kkocked out Mark Hunt, I'm gonna say that he KO's Cain again.
John Simon Ritchie

slash4pres wrote:I'm gonna say that he KO's Cain again.
I'm a JDS fan and I'm thinking (hoping) the same.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

slash4pres wrote:Nick Diaz and bisping have said they'd be down to fight at 185. I think Diaz would get in his head and make him brawl. Don't get me wrong, I could see Bisping winning with a Condit-like strategy, but he's also easily gotten to and Diaz will talk mad shit.

Noons ko
Kaufman decision
Lombard KO
Boestch Decision
Melendez Decision
Cormier decision
The ME was really hard to make a guess, but just because he kkocked out Mark Hunt, I'm gonna say that he KO's Cain again.
Diaz vs Bisping?
That would be a good one & do solid #s whether ppv or on Fox.

I'm going with Cain to win again. I watched both fights again the other day & to say Cain wasn't the same fighter in both fights was an understatement. He absolutely mauled JDS in the second fight & JDS had no answers. I see the same thing happening on Saturday.
In the second fight, JDS started to fade towards end of 1st rd. He couldn't keep up with the pace Cain set.
And you are comparing Mark Hunt to Cain? Really?
JDS took how many rounds to finish Hunt?
Cain would take Hunt out within 2 rounds.
Will be a great night of fights!
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:
slash4pres wrote:Nick Diaz and bisping have said they'd be down to fight at 185. I think Diaz would get in his head and make him brawl. Don't get me wrong, I could see Bisping winning with a Condit-like strategy, but he's also easily gotten to and Diaz will talk mad shit.

Noons ko
Kaufman decision
Lombard KO
Boestch Decision
Melendez Decision
Cormier decision
Diaz vs Bisping?
That would be a good one & do solid #s whether ppv or on Fox.

I'm going with Cain to win again. I watched both fights again the other day & to say Cain wasn't the same fighter in both fights was an understatement. He absolutely mauled JDS in the second fight & JDS had no answers. I see the same thing happening on Saturday.
In the second fight, JDS started to fade towards end of 1st rd. He couldn't keep up with the pace Cain set.
And you are comparing Mark Hunt to Cain? Really?
JDS took how many rounds to finish Hunt?
Cain would take Hunt out within 2 rounds.
Will be a great night of fights!
Yep. Guess we'll see. Great thing about MMA is fights can go the complete opposite of what you're expecting with one punch or kick.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Yep. Guess we'll see. Great thing about MMA is fights can go the complete opposite of what you're expecting with one punch or kick.
You got that right.
The Jones/Gus fight was the perfect example.
I couldn't believe what I was watching.
In fact, the beating Cain gave JDS last time was a shocker as well.

Speaking of Cain & JDS. They are so above everybody else in the HW division.
There's those two,,, and everybody else.
I used to think Bones Jones would do well as a HW, but after last fight I don't think so. I don't think he could beat Cain or JDS.
John Simon Ritchie

yeahbuddy wrote:I used to think Bones Jones would do well as a HW, but after last fight I don't think so. I don't think he could beat Cain or JDS.

I agree.
BodyBagz
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BodyBagz »

yeahbuddy wrote: Speaking of Cain & JDS. They are so above everybody else in the HW division.
There's those two,,, and everybody else.
I used to think Bones Jones would do well as a HW, but after last fight I don't think so. I don't think he could beat Cain or JDS.
Bones would get killed by either Cain or JDS...raw muscle power alone puts them well above what Jones would bring to the table. Either of those 2 would also outclass Jones on the ground, and neither of them would be intimidated by his reach advantage...they would swarm him and then take him to the ground and pummel him until deciding when the time was right to submit him...no more than 3 rounds would be needed.

Granted, I surely would love to see Bones move up a class, or maybe JDS drop...I dont think Cain can realistically drop the weight needed and maintain his battle plan the way he normally would. JDS on the other hand, would make a very deadly LHW...his body could probably handle the weight cut, and possibly make him a verifiable beast in that lower bracket!
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." - George Washington
slash4pres
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by slash4pres »

Wasn't comparing Cain to hunt, I'm saying that Hunt has a much better chin than Cain. I don't think Cain could KO hunt, definitely beat him in a decision but not a KO.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

This weekend's card is pretty damn good from top to bottom. Cain. JDS, Big Country, Cormier, Melendez, Marquardt, Lombard, etc.

Velasquez will finish JDS
I like DC but have a feeling he is going to lose this weekend
Melendez decisions Sanchez
Jordan TKOs Gonzaga
Dodson decisions Montague

Boetch by decision
Lombard by KO
Kaufman over Eye decision
Noons by decision

Wh do you have?
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

What I hope for is that Cain and Big Country win. Feeling pretty good about the former, not so sure about the latter. I think Velsaquez is just the better fighter and his cardio, for a big guy, is almost unbeatable. The only chance for JDS is a KO, like in the first fight.

Big Country is already talking about how bad his camp was, which makes me worry - excuses before the fight aren't good. That said, perhaps he's just working the media.
EddieVanHeineken
Headlining Clubs

tin00can wrote:What I hope for is that Cain and Big Country win. Feeling pretty good about the former, not so sure about the latter. I think Velsaquez is just the better fighter and his cardio, for a big guy, is almost unbeatable. The only chance for JDS is a KO, like in the first fight.

Big Country is already talking about how bad his camp was, which makes me worry - excuses before the fight aren't good. That said, perhaps he's just working the media.
Saw a pic of Nelson the other day and he looked to be slimming down. I agree with Dana when he says Roy really does have the ability to be better than he is if he just took things a little more seriously.
It's a mans obligation,
to stick his boneration,
into a womans

seperation,
of the future generation
if you'd like a

demonstration lie down
-Cartman