The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by EatTheGlass »

Mazerati wrote:Image

That's a fucking disgrace, Emery should be charged with assault.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

EatTheGlass wrote:

i agree
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Guy's been a total piece of shit since he came into the league.He left his crease for no reason last night,he's gonna be watching from the pressbox for a few games I think.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

EatTheGlass wrote:You are kidding yourself if another team is going to give Vanek 7-mil + once he's UFA. The only reason he got that to begin with was begin the EDM Oilers gave him an offer sheet....so BUF had to match or lose him. 5 years later, he's more than proved he ain't worth 7-mil. Not only is he injury prone, but he's barely a point a game player. Mr. Vanek will surely be taking a salary cut after this season. Bet on it.
he's missed around 30 games in 8 years. that's less then 4 a season. i wouldn't call that injury prone. david booth. markov. dipietro. those guys are injury prone.
500 points in 600 games playing on a shitty team with no help. somebody's going to overpay this bozo.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Fucking cunts. Fuck all of you.
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

Mazerati wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:

i agree

Fuck off you pussies, go watch somebody play chess. This is hockey.

Vanek scores his first goal a an Islander. He is so much more skilled than Moulson it ain't even funny. Can't wait until him an JT fully click.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

EatTheGlass wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:lol at pissing off Tavares.

The only way to piss him off is to not get him help and the team starts losing like they used to.

I do agree though, if they don't sign him = bad trade. I'm just happy they're trying again.
tavares is the best player in the new york area. he should be the highest paid player there. vanek is already making $7,000,000 this year. he's only 29 so he's at his peak. someone is going to offer him more then that. is he worth more then tavares who's making 5.5 million for the next 6 years? i don't think he is. after giving parise $7.5 million would they throw that much at vanek? they have $15 million to sign 7 guys next year. doubt they're giving half that money to him.
You are kidding yourself if another team is going to give Vanek 7-mil + once he's UFA. The only reason he got that to begin with was begin the EDM Oilers gave him an offer sheet....so BUF had to match or lose him. 5 years later, he's more than proved he ain't worth 7-mil. Not only is he injury prone, but he's barely a point a game player. Mr. Vanek will surely be taking a salary cut after this season. Bet on it.

I agree with you, but there is 0 chance he doesn't go off playing on Jt's wing if he stays healthy. No way he gets what Kid wicked thinks he will though.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Emery is a fucking no class thug. I am pretty much done with Philly until they clean house from the top down. The Slap Shot bullshit from the 70s that defines the Broad Street Bully culture isn't bringing them a cup this year, next year or ever. The best part of that whole "message sending" line brawl is that two of the Philly fighters got injured, including Downie, who they brought in to be the tough guy. Fuck Holmgren, Berube and Ed Snider. 1975 was a long time ago, assholes.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Fuck Ray Emery. Cocksucker needs to be gone.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:Fuck off you pussies, go watch somebody play chess. This is hockey.
I like a good hockey fight as much as the next guy; two guys frustrated with each other and finally deciding to drop the gloves - like Iginla/Lecavalier in the finals in 2004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txhs_g5O7E8

THAT's a hockey fight.

WWE/Roller Derby bullshit, like what Emery pulled the other day, or the staged crap, where two enforcers agree to go for the sake of preserving their jobs, is what needs to be out of the game.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

NeverSurrender wrote:I agree with you, but there is 0 chance he doesn't go off playing on Jt's wing if he stays healthy. No way he gets what Kid wicked thinks he will though.
dude, no one wants to sign there. the siberia of the nhl is edmonton. long island is second. you don't see free agents targeting the islanders as a team that they want to play for. having tavares sign a long term contract was huge for them and good for the league. they need a better ownership group.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

I went to the Canucks/Leafs game last night, and I gotta say, I've been to a shitload of games in my day and last night was up there with the best of them in terms of overall experience.

-Bure finally gets his number retired
-His wife's tits were magnificent
-The Canucks DESTROYED the Leafs
-Got a program signed by Igor Larionov
-A bunch of the '94 Canucks were in the press box just behind me and along with them was Candice "DJ Tanner" Camerson Bure who gave me a wink when I shouted her name. She is a milf personfied. Valeri Bure is one lucky SOB

Great times
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Royal Dudeness wrote:I went to the Canucks/Leafs game last night, and I gotta say, I've been to a shitload of games in my day and last night was up there with the best of them in terms of overall experience.

-A bunch of the '94 Canucks were in the press box just behind me and along with them was Candice "DJ Tanner" Camerson Bure who gave me a wink when I shouted her name. She is a milf personfied. Valeri Bure is one lucky SOB

Great times
what did you pay for a ticket? i couldn't find a ticket for under $250 in the lower bowl so i stayed home.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:I agree with you, but there is 0 chance he doesn't go off playing on Jt's wing if he stays healthy. No way he gets what Kid wicked thinks he will though.
dude, no one wants to sign there. the siberia of the nhl is edmonton. long island is second. you don't see free agents targeting the islanders as a team that they want to play for. having tavares sign a long term contract was huge for them and good for the league. they need a better ownership group.
The team won't be on Long Island in 18 months.

Viz and Nabby re-signed and they didn't want to go there in the beginning.

Most believe Wang will sell before or once the team is in Brooklyn. Times are changing my friend. You will see.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WOLF wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Fuck off you pussies, go watch somebody play chess. This is hockey.
I like a good hockey fight as much as the next guy; two guys frustrated with each other and finally deciding to drop the gloves - like Iginla/Lecavalier in the finals in 2004:

THAT's a hockey fight.

WWE/Roller Derby bullshit, like what Emery pulled the other day, or the staged crap, where two enforcers agree to go for the sake of preserving their jobs, is what needs to be out of the game.

Sorry, don't agree. If two grown men want to fight, let 'em fight. I do like how nobody ever calls a hockey player a thug until the black guy starts the fight. Not that you called him a thug.

Remember a couple of years ago when Brent Johnson broke DiPietro's jaw in a fight, and the Pens bench and the hockey world laughed at DiPietro more than normal? And now you want me outraged over this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:
WOLF wrote:

THAT's a hockey fight.

Sorry, don't agree. If two grown men want to fight, let 'em fight. I do like how nobody ever calls a hockey player a thug until the black guy starts the fight. Not that you called him a thug.

Remember a couple of years ago when Brent Johnson broke DiPietro's jaw in a fight, and the Pens bench and the hockey world laughed at DiPietro more than normal? And now you want me outraged over this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seems hyprocritical to me that the league "wants to cut down on blows to the head", and then allows guys to punch each other in the head.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

NeverSurrender wrote:If two grown men want to fight, let 'em fight.
Looked to me like only one of those grown men "wanted" to fight.
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:
The team won't be on Long Island in 18 months.

Viz and Nabby re-signed and they didn't want to go there in the beginning.

Most believe Wang will sell before or once the team is in Brooklyn. Times are changing my friend. You will see.
Visnovsky and Nabokov are in the twilights of their careers and had very limited options, with regards to staying in the NHL.

It's the same thing with the Habs. Every French player wants to "come home" and finish their careers with the Habs when they're 36 and unproductive (hello Danny Briere). Ask them if they want to "come home" and play in this hockey media circus when they are 28 and you'll see they prefer Florida, Dallas, Phoenix, etc.

Vanek is in his prime. He may very well like the Isles direction, the role he can play there, and playing with JT, but SOMEONE is going to offer him stupid money, and at his age he will have options and can be swayed.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Neither wanted to come there and both re-signed. Did you miss that point? And neither Viz or Nabby "came home."

You will see. Watch.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WOLF wrote:
Seems hyprocritical to me that the league "wants to cut down on blows to the head", and then allows guys to punch each other in the head.
Seems even more hypocritical you think Vinny and Iggy should punch each other in the head but not anybody else, ey?

And the NHL stats show more players get concussions running into each other on accident than fighting. Let's ban skating.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:
WOLF wrote:
Seems even more hypocritical you think Vinny and Iggy should punch each other in the head but not anybody else, ey?

And the NHL stats show more players get concussions running into each other on accident than fighting. Let's ban skating.
The point is I agree with you. Fighting should be part of the game, when its spontaneous. Yes, it may lead to injury, but as you say - if both sides are willing and able, so be it. It's a physical game, played by big men at close quarters, and its going to happen.

What the league doesn't need is the WWE crap, which is what Emery insitgated last week, and when two enforcers say "hey, want to go, alright, good luck to you - GO". Utterly stupid that is. Total bush league; makes the league look ridiculous.

If the league wants to be treated as a "big 4" sport in North America it should tolerate the former, while banning/punishing the latter.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

NeverSurrender wrote:Neither wanted to come there and both re-signed. Did you miss that point? And neither Viz or Nabby "came home."

You will see. Watch.
It was Long Island or Olmsk, so they chose 4-star hotels, planes that don't crash, and medical equipment in the arenas. Not a tough choice. Did either have other NHL options? Not so sure.

Hey - and for the sake of the Isles, I hope Vanek does re-sign. They are a franchise with a lot of history, and that needs to be preserved IMO. I, as a hockey fan, don't mind them moving to Brooklyn, but I really want to see them stay the Islanders, with current logo, color scheme, etc.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Somebody would most certainly have signed Viz, and he's the best d-man on the Isles. Trust me, Vanek is friends with Grabner and who wouldn't want to be on JT's wing? You will see.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

WOLF wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Neither wanted to come there and both re-signed. Did you miss that point? And neither Viz or Nabby "came home."

You will see. Watch.
It was Long Island or Olmsk, so they chose 4-star hotels, planes that don't crash, and medical equipment in the arenas. Not a tough choice. Did either have other NHL options? Not so sure.

Hey - and for the sake of the Isles, I hope Vanek does re-sign. They are a franchise with a lot of history, and that needs to be preserved IMO. I, as a hockey fan, don't mind them moving to Brooklyn, but I really want to see them stay the Islanders, with current logo, color scheme, etc.
this. all of it.
nabokov sat out after getting traded and finally relented and signed when he found out there was no market for him.
maybey vish wanted to play there. whoopty doo.
that's one guy.
just one.
i want the islanders to remain the islanders.
Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Post by Royal Dudeness »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Royal Dudeness wrote:I went to the Canucks/Leafs game last night, and I gotta say, I've been to a shitload of games in my day and last night was up there with the best of them in terms of overall experience.

Great times
what did you pay for a ticket? i couldn't find a ticket for under $250 in the lower bowl so i stayed home.
Girlfriend's brother in law has seasons tickets and he owes me a few favours so he took me along with him. He knew that Bure was my favourite player of all time so he did me a solid. I saw scalpers selling tickets outside for 300 a pop. Just insane
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
WOLF wrote:

You will see. Watch.

this. all of it.
nabokov sat out after getting traded and finally relented and signed when he found out there was no market for him.
maybey vish wanted to play there. whoopty doo.
that's one guy.
just one.
i want the islanders to remain the islanders.
One guy? Moulson re-signed after breaking out. And who has run away fom the Island recently? Like I said, you will see..

Regardless, we won't know what will happen yet. We have to wait. The Isles aren't changing their name.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

KANER
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

johnk5150 wrote:KANER

Sorry,but this fan stole Kane's thunder last night.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

So, looks like the Oil just signed Bryzgalov...this should be interesting..isn't the guy scared of bears..does he know where Edmonton even is? :lol:
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

jizzyjizim wrote:So, looks like the Oil just signed Bryzgalov...this should be interesting..isn't the guy scared of bears..does he know where Edmonton even is? :lol:
he knows that edmonton isn't humangus.

and that it's cold and snows like the north poll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8

fucking love this guy.