MLB 2014 Cooperstown HOF Inductees Are...

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Re: MLB 2014 Cooperstown HOF Inductees Are...

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Machado wrote: Let's agree to disagree.
Betting on baseball as a manager is wrong. I get it. Can't defend that one bit.

I still firmly believe his accomplishments as a player should be recognized inside the HOF doors.

There is Pete Rose stuff in the hall of fame, he just doesn't have a plaque there.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Just for the record, I hate Atlanta and have always hated Atlanta. Never liked their staff and loved watching them get lit up. Didn't happen often but when it did I was cheering. I knew the same group of fans who jumped on their pitching staff wagon. I felt like the only one who hated Maddux, it was great to watch him pitch but I still didn't like him. It carried over from the Cub's and into his time in LA. Fuck um and his laser location.

Watched a lot of Brave games on TBS when they faced LA over the years, against that staff the victories were much sweeter when they came.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bob Sacamano wrote:There is Pete Rose stuff in the hall of fame, he just doesn't have a plaque there.
Fantastic. That's how it should be. Done deal and time to forget about it now.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

UtahRatt wrote: Frank Thomas reminded me of Eddie Murray, one of my favorite players.
I loved Eddie Murray even though I was a Reds fan back then.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

WTF wrote:
UtahRatt wrote: Frank Thomas reminded me of Eddie Murray, one of my favorite players.
I loved Eddie Murray even though I was a Reds fan back then.
I also loved Eddie. My first sports memories are chanting "Eddie Eddie Eddie" at Memorial Stadium when he was up at bat.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:Maddux and Glavine going in at the same time is pretty fitting.

It's still retarded that guys like Bonds and Clemens are getting long-dicked by self-righteous baseball writers.
When Bonds is finally elected will he have Pirates sized head bust and a Giants sized head bust?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

johnk5150 wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Maddux and Glavine going in at the same time is pretty fitting.

It's still retarded that guys like Bonds and Clemens are getting long-dicked by self-righteous baseball writers.
When Bonds is finally elected will he have Pirates sized head bust and a Giants sized head bust?
They are still making all the bronze necessary for his inevitable induction.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Thomas just stated he feels all PED guys should never be allowed in the Hall. With the backlash going on now and the next generation of superstars calling for lifetime bans*, I don't think he gets in either.

*Both Trout and Harper are on record saying they think any offense should automatically result in banishment, since they work their asses off to do it clean, etc.

Couldn't agree more.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

Hopefully Maddux remembers to thank the National League umpires who were kind enough to give him 12 inches on either side of the plate for the better part of a decade.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:Hopefully Maddux remembers to thank the National League umpires who were kind enough to give him 12 inches on either side of the plate for the better part of a decade.
I read an interview with some of the umpires in ESPN magazine a while back. One of the things stated ( and I quote ) was: "the reason Greg Maddux and Curt Schilling get more strike calls is because they throw more strikes." Then he went on with examples ( especially concerning Maddux ) how "Greg would throw a pitch on the corner of the plate and get a strike call, then he would proceed to hit that exact spot throughout the game. It was remarkable."

That's why I'm opposed to using video replay for balls and strikes. Good pitchers see whag the umpire is or isn't calling and pitch to that situation.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

How is it possible that Biggio got passed over again? If he's not hall of fame worthy, I don't know who is. The way the baseball hall of fame operates is ridiculous. They really should revisit who gets the opportunity to vote and what criteria they have to use. The vote shouldn't be used as a platform to make statements or to promote themselves and writers that abuse the privilege should lose their voting rights. The NFL does it right. Too bad the MLB doesn't.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

bane wrote:How is it possible that Biggio got passed over again? If he's not hall of fame worthy, I don't know who is. The way the baseball hall of fame operates is ridiculous. They really should revisit who gets the opportunity to vote and what criteria they have to use. The vote shouldn't be used as a platform to make statements or to promote themselves and writers that abuse the privilege should lose their voting rights. The NFL does it right. Too bad the MLB doesn't.
It is ridiculous. Bagwell and Piazza getting passed a couple of times I get, I don't agree with it ( especially concerning Piazza ), but I get it.

ONE of the problems with giving the vote solely to the MLBWAA is they use it to play God. Sometimes votes are withheld because of a personal vendetta, etc. Biggio missed out with two votes. He'll be in soon though that's a given.

On a brighter note the fallout from the votes this year has really shown a spotlight at how incredibly stupid and selfserving leaving the vote to the writers is. I expwct there to be a movement for change.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

killeverything wrote:
bane wrote:How is it possible that Biggio got passed over again? If he's not hall of fame worthy, I don't know who is. The way the baseball hall of fame operates is ridiculous. They really should revisit who gets the opportunity to vote and what criteria they have to use. The vote shouldn't be used as a platform to make statements or to promote themselves and writers that abuse the privilege should lose their voting rights. The NFL does it right. Too bad the MLB doesn't.
It is ridiculous. Bagwell and Piazza getting passed a couple of times I get, I don't agree with it ( especially concerning Piazza ), but I get it.

ONE of the problems with giving the vote solely to the MLBWAA is they use it to play God. Sometimes votes are withheld because of a personal vendetta, etc. Biggio missed out with two votes. He'll be in soon though that's a given.

On a brighter note the fallout from the votes this year has really shown a spotlight at how incredibly stupid and selfserving leaving the vote to the writers is. I expwct there to be a movement for change.
I don't know if Bagwell will ever get in. His numbers are a little on the thin side. If he'd played two more years, he'd probably get in, but as it stands with the steroid suspicion, I don't think he does. Piazza should get in though. The steroid thing is dicey to me. If you want to keep a guy out for it, fine, but that should only apply to the guys that got caught. They shouldn't keep a guy out just because of some vague unsubstantiated suspicion.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Bob Sacamano wrote:

I still firmly believe his accomplishments as a player should be recognized inside the HOF doors.
There is Pete Rose stuff in the hall of fame, he just doesn't have a plaque there.
I see Pete Rose all the time. So funny as he sits on the edge of this sports memorabilia store in the Caesars Forum Shops almost every day selling his autograph at a premium price. Guy won't even acknowledge you unless you pay. Literally his full-time job ad sad to see him just sitting there.

Here is the spot and what he looks like:

Here is his new squeeze. Probably sitting there to afford her and keep her happy:

They NEED to get ole Pete in the HOF before he passes away!!

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

KAOS wrote:
Bob Sacamano wrote:

I see Pete Rose all the time. So funny as he sits on the edge of this sports memorabilia store in the Caesars Forum Shops almost every day selling his autograph at a premium price. Guy won't even acknowledge you unless you pay. Literally his full-time job ad sad to see him just sitting there.

Here is the spot and what he looks like:

Here is his new squeeze. Probably sitting there to afford her and keep her happy:

They NEED to get ole Pete in the HOF before he passes away!!
He's in the Hall. He's the hit king without an asterisk. Induct him? Fuck that shit.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

How much can Pete Rose get for an autograph today?? A Rose autograph must be one of the most common things out there.
"I don't have any beliefs or allegiances. I don't believe in this country, I don't believe in religion, or a god, and I don't believe in all these man-made institutional ideas"

-- George Carlin
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bob Sacamano wrote:How much can Pete Rose get for an autograph today?? A Rose autograph must be one of the most common things out there.
You'd have to figure that if he's really camped out daily in Vegas sellin these things, it's not really about ebay market value of a Pete Rose autograph. He's gettin tourists and passer by impulse buys. Want a picture with the great Pete Rose? No prob! Just pony up 20 bucks etc.

A little different than the standard collectables market I think.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bob Sacamano wrote:How much can Pete Rose get for an autograph today?? A Rose autograph must be one of the most common things out there.
2 films to watch about Pete Rose:

http://4192movie.com/4192_teaser/index.html

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7925114
WTF

Post by WTF »

Is it too much to ask all of the Halls of Fame to loosen up and make special sections for people like Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe? Ya know, have a room that has bars on it like a prison cell for those who deserve to be inducted but have transgressed either within the league or with the law.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WTF wrote:Is it too much to ask all of the Halls of Fame to loosen up and make special sections for people like Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe? Ya know, have a room that has bars on it like a prison cell for those who deserve to be inducted but have transgressed either within the league or with the law.
Why should Jackson be inducted? Sure he was a great player and more than likely would of achieved a HOF career had he kept playing, but that's the problem. He was banned and didn't.

Now I get the arguments that he didn't actually throw the series he just took the money. The tragedy out of the 8 IMO is Buck Weaver. He didn't take the money, didn't throw the series, but since he didn't narc he was banned.

Shoeless Joe could've been one of the greatest had he not been banned. If I could hit a curveball I probably could be too.

Rose has no business in the Hall for breaking THE cardinal sin.
Shoeless Joe has no business on the Hall, because he didn't play long enough to aquire the numbers.
I have no business being in the Hall because Jack "I pitched ONE good game" Morris wasn't inducted and there are apparently standards.

See how that works?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

*edit*
Last edited by killeverything on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTF

Post by WTF »

killeverything wrote:
WTF wrote:Is it too much to ask all of the Halls of Fame to loosen up and make special sections for people like Pete Rose or Shoeless Joe? Ya know, have a room that has bars on it like a prison cell for those who deserve to be inducted but have transgressed either within the league or with the law.
Why should Jackson be inducted? Sure he was a great player and more than likely would of achieved a HOF career had he kept playing, but that's the problem. He was banned and didn't.

Now I get the arguments that he didn't actually throw the series he just took the money. The tragedy out of the 8 IMO is Buck Weaver. He didn't take the money, didn't throw the series, but since he didn't narc he was banned.

Shoeless Joe could've been one of the greatest had he not been banned. If I could hit a curveball I probably could be too.

Shoeless Joe has no business on the Hall, because he didn't play long enough to aquire the numbers.
I have no business being in the Hall because Jack "I pitched ONE good game" Morris wasn't inducted and there are apparently standards.

See how that works?
You took what I posted FAR too seriously.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WTF wrote:
killeverything wrote:

See how that works?
Kill's team just won the WS and none of the Sox players have taken PED's.
Leave the guy alone.
:lol: :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WTF wrote:
killeverything wrote:

See how that works?
Yeah, I was bored.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

So Maddux and LaRussa are going in with blank caps. C'mon. Maddux should be in as a Brave. That's where he went to the playoffs, won a title, and a shitload of Cy Young awards. LaRussa should go in with a syringe on his cap since he was at the helm of two of the PED poster boys.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:

Like a juiced Eric Cartman.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:So Maddux and LaRussa are going in with blank caps. C'mon. Maddux should be in as a Brave. That's where he went to the playoffs, won a title, and a shitload of Cy Young awards. LaRussa should go in with a syringe on his cap since he was at the helm of two of the PED poster boys.
I had to read the news twice because I assumed it was fabricated.
WTF!
Maddux should be a Brave. End of story.
A blank cap :?:
Way to go Bud. Keeping the HOF legit with blank caps.
RIDICULOUS!!!!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I thought that the players didn't get too decide what their hat was. Clemens was making a big stink a few years ago, because if he goes in he wants to go in as a Yankee, but clearly will be with Boston.

Is this set or is it just open for discussion? Maddux playing for different teams shouldn't impact him as a Brave. It's supposed to be where you played the longest, had the most success and were best known. Also Selig and MLB's rules have no say in the Hall. The HOF is separate entity with a retarding voting process that rivals Florida.
Bob Sacamano
Headlining Clubs

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Machado wrote:
Gritt wrote:So Maddux and LaRussa are going in with blank caps. C'mon. Maddux should be in as a Brave. That's where he went to the playoffs, won a title, and a shitload of Cy Young awards. LaRussa should go in with a syringe on his cap since he was at the helm of two of the PED poster boys.
I had to read the news twice because I assumed it was fabricated.
WTF!
Maddux should be a Brave. End of story.
A blank cap :?:
Way to go Bud. Keeping the HOF legit with blank caps.
RIDICULOUS!!!!

Bud doesn't really have a say in the Hall of Fame.

-- George Carlin
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

killeverything wrote:I thought that the players didn't get too decide what their hat was. .
They don't. They USED to but Wade Boggs put an end to that by insisting he go in as a Tampa Bay Devil Ray. He sold that off to the Devil Rays basically.

THe HOF is generally retarded but putting an end to that kind of nonsense was a good move.