The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by AliceManson »

eddie lee roth wrote:^
Here's my take on it, S.F. the coach gets on my nerves with all his B.S., last week Aikman said during the game that he wears cleats because he's claimed his legs aren't as strong as they used to be so by wearing cleats he won't slip :roll: yea whatever you say there jackoff.

Aikman is a dumbass, he started wearing them when he lost traction breaking up a scuffle against Tennessee. And they have won every game that he has worn them. He didn't wear them against Carolina or New Orleans, and they lost. At least they are decent shoes unlike his 8 dollar pants.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Well I still don't like him and yes those pants are some Wall-Mart specials I also like the tucked in sweat shirt look.

I'll never argue with anybody about Aikman if they bring up his bad points, can't stand the fucker glad he got hurt and left OU back in his college days.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

eddie lee roth wrote:Well I still don't like him and yes those pants are some Wall-Mart specials I also like the tucked in sweat shirt look.

I'll never argue with anybody about Aikman if they bring up his bad points, can't stand the fucker glad he got hurt and left OU back in his college days.
Airman doesn't leave and no Jamelle Hollieway. Worked out pretty good for OU.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Gritt wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Well I still don't like him and yes those pants are some Wall-Mart specials I also like the tucked in sweat shirt look.

Airman doesn't leave and no Jamelle Hollieway. Worked out pretty good for OU.

Worked out great for Aikman.. Better offense for the QB at UCLA. Then Super Bowl Champ 3x's , MVP of Super Bowl and HOF...

Dallas fans wish the team had a QB half of what Aikman was..
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Oh definitely. Wasn't trying to cut Aikman down in any way. His leaving Oklahoma worked out well for all parties.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Dallas fans wish the team had a QB half of what Aikman was..
Aikman was simply a fair QB on a great team. Trent Dilfer would have won a couple more if he played for Dallas.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Aikman was simply a fair QB on a great team. Trent Dilfer would have won a couple more if he played for Dallas.
That's not true Ratt. Aikman wasn't up there with Montana but he was way better than Bradshaw.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
That's not true Ratt. Aikman wasn't up there with Montana but he was way better than Bradshaw.

Better then Bradshaw? You're fucking high..........The era Bradshaw played in, Aikman wouldn't have had time to find an open WR let alone hit one. Back when WR's had to fight to get open.

Aikman was a better version of Dilfer. Troy was no where near great and he fucking sucks as an announcer.

Troy Aikman in the Hall Of Fame is a joke, his induction makes the Walls of the Hall weak.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Are you comparing Aikman and Dilfer with a straight face?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

johnk5150 wrote:Are you comparing Aikman and Dilfer with a straight face?
yeah, I fucking hate the Cowboys, but I sure as fuck remember Aikman being an excellent quarterback.

I have never been for ranking the BEST because the game has changed over time and the skill sets are hard to compare, but for the quarterbacks that I have seen play a lot, these are the guys that I always put in the conversation as the "greatest" in my lifetime (which, for football watching is the 1980s and onward), in no particular order:

Montana
Manning
Brady

I think Brees, Marino, and Elway are close to that company as well, but Montana, Manning and Brady are in their own unique category, in my view.
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

UtahRatt wrote:
Have to disagree here. Wouldn't Rodney Peete, Steve Walsh, and Bernie Kosar have had much better statistics filling in for Aikman during his heyday if what you say is true??? I've watched a lot of QBs starting with Kenny Anderson and Brian Sipe when I was a kid, and Aikman was a good one. Did Dallas make him better? Certainly! But he is head and shoulders above Dilfer.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I think Montana is a bit overrated. Give Elway, Marino, or Brady the talent he had around him and look out. Tom Brady won Super Bowls with hall of fame talent like Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Antowain Smith, David Patten, David Givens, and Daniel Graham at the skill positions. Lots of pro bowl talent there.

Montana had the GOAT, John Taylor, Roger Craig, Brent Jones, etc.

Just a slight advantage.

Hell, give Brady the talent that Manning had around him in Indy and he's sitting on more rings than any qb. Wayne, Harrison, James, Clark. Those guys bury what Brady had to work with.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Gritt wrote:I think Montana is a bit overrated. Give Elway, Marino, or Brady the talent he had around him and look out. Tom Brady won Super Bowls with hall of fame talent like Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Antowain Smith, David Patten, David Givens, and Daniel Graham at the skill positions. Lots of pro bowl talent there.

Just a slight advantage.

Hell, give Brady the talent that Manning had around him in Indy and he's sitting on more rings than any qb. Wayne, Harrison, James, Clark. Those guys bury what Brady had to work with.
I don't disagree that Brady has probably done the most with the least, in terms of receivers, compared to other great quarterbacks.

But I STRONGLY disagree with any suggestion that Montana is overrated. Rice and Craig were consistent beasts, but he had lots of other lesser talents on that team. Montana's accuracy, judgment, and calmness under pressure simply cannot be compared, especially the bigger the game got. You should rethink that position.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

Gritt

Post by Gritt »

veritas wrote:
Gritt wrote:I think Montana is a bit overrated. Give Elway, Marino, or Brady the talent he had around him and look out. Tom Brady won Super Bowls with hall of fame talent like Deion Branch, Troy Brown, Antowain Smith, David Patten, David Givens, and Daniel Graham at the skill positions. Lots of pro bowl talent there.

Just a slight advantage.

I don't disagree that Brady has probably done the most with the least, in terms of receivers, compared to other great quarterbacks.

But I STRONGLY disagree with any suggestion that Montana is overrated. Rice and Craig were consistent beasts, but he had lots of other lesser talents on that team. Montana's accuracy, judgment, and calmness under pressure simply cannot be compared, especially the bigger the game got. You should rethink that position.
Accuracy, judgement, cool under pressure? Yeah, you just described Tom Brady.
Montana was very good but he was in the right place at the right time.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

We never saw Montana lose to someone like Eli fucking Manning......twice.

Brady is good and argueably the best since Montana, but he's not better. At least not yet.

How come no one has brought up Steve Young? I would take him over a lot of the others mentioned.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Image
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

killeverything wrote:We never saw Montana lose to someone like Eli fucking Manning......twice.

Brady is good and argueably the best since Montana, but he's not better. At least not yet.

How come no one has brought up Steve Young? I would take him over a lot of the others mentioned.
Yeah Sheli hit two miracle throws.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

That Manning guy really sucks in the playoffs huh? Meanwhile Brady was very unBradylike today.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Glad the Patriots are getting beat.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

bane wrote:That Manning guy really sucks in the playoffs huh? Meanwhile Brady was very unBradylike today.
He's finally up to .500 in the playoffs.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

That was a beating.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
dalejr88
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by dalejr88 »

FUCK!!!!!
bane

Post by bane »

Gritt wrote:
bane wrote:That Manning guy really sucks in the playoffs huh? Meanwhile Brady was very unBradylike today.
I like his chances to be + 1. He put on a clinic today.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

bane wrote:
Gritt wrote:
I like his chances to be + 1. He put on a clinic today.
I think the NFC winner will won the Super Bowl. They'll actually be able to get pressure on Manning. He doesn't do well with pressure. He will get popped a few times and the mistakes will come.
bane

Post by bane »

Gritt wrote: I think the NFC winner will won the Super Bowl. They'll actually be able to get pressure on Manning. He doesn't do well with pressure. He will get popped a few times and the mistakes will come.
I don't think either of the NFC teams can hang with Denver. Neither of them has enough offense and while I agree that their defense will limit Manning somewhat, he's still going to put up points.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Tymaster wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
Have to disagree here. Wouldn't Rodney Peete, Steve Walsh, and Bernie Kosar have had much better statistics filling in for Aikman during his heyday if what you say is true??? I've watched a lot of QBs starting with Kenny Anderson and Brian Sipe when I was a kid, and Aikman was a good one. Did Dallas make him better? Certainly! But he is head and shoulders above Dilfer.
Fucking please now you're being tarded. Rodney Peete and Steve Walsh were never starting quality QB's for any team. They were QB's with the Grim Reaper over their heads and Kosar was a 50 year old cripple in Dallas.

That Dallas team almost made a starter out of Steve Beuerlein, why didn't you bring him up? Steve almost didn't let Troy get the ball back after an injury. Steve fucking Beruerlein won like 6 in a row and a playoff game with that Dallas team.

If Aikman played for any other team during his time he would not have a Super Bowl ring. Well, Troy might have avoided Larry Brown twice, but he wouldn't have lead the Cardinals to the Super Bowl.

That Dallas team had one of the best O-Lines in history, Emmett could drive a truck through them but if Troy played for a team without a decent line, he'd been fucked...Average...Hall Of Fame? Total joke.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

UtahRatt wrote: if Troy played for a team without a decent line, he'd been fucked...Average...Hall Of Fame? Total joke.
Completely agree, and the same can be said for Emmit Smith. Both of those players were products of the greatest O-line ever. There were plenty of QBs/RBs from that era that I would take long before I got to Aikman and Smith.
eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
Horse Called War
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Horse Called War »

Fuck yeah what a great game. My liver and voice are killing me.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

They do..

They have Romo...