Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Machado »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:
Gibsonite wrote:
Hootchietoad wrote: Question for Yankees fans ...Do you consider A-Rod a Yankee great?

As a lifelong NY fan,I've never even considered him a Yankee,let alone one of the greats.

Fuck him,I hope he never plays again.
EXACTLY.
Of course Alex can be described as a great Yankees. Let's talk about what he accomplished on the field
2 time MVP
1 time WS winner
3 time AS at 3B for Yankees

Despite all the tabloid headlines, despite being the highest paid MLB player up until recently, Alex put up monster numbers wearing the Yankees uniform and led them to a 2009 WS win.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:
Gibsonite wrote:
Hootchietoad wrote: Question for Yankees fans ...Do you consider A-Rod a Yankee great?

As a lifelong NY fan,I've never even considered him a Yankee,let alone one of the greats.

Fuck him,I hope he never plays again.
EXACTLY.
It's just been reported that the MLBPA tried to expel Arod from the Union, but couldn't legally pursue the expulsion.

It's going to a circus when he returns. His opposition hates him, his teamares ( if the rumors are true ) hate him, his fans hate him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
K.K.VanMalmsteen wrote:

EXACTLY.
It's just been reported that the MLBPA tried to expel Arod from the Union, but couldn't legally pursue the expulsion.

It's going to a circus when he returns. His opposition hates him, his teamares ( if the rumors are true ) hate him, his fans hate him.
Alex is on an island all by himself. I really doubt he will play another game in MLB.
In the year off several more incidents or backroom deals will occur that will prevent him from taking the field, but probably enable him to collect his money.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote: Of course Alex can be described as a great Yankees. Let's talk about what he accomplished on the field
2 time MVP
1 time WS winner

Despite all the tabloid headlines, despite being the highest paid MLB player up until recently, Alex put up monster numbers wearing the Yankees uniform and led them to a 2009 WS win.
And let's look at how he did it.

He was Derek Jeter's best good friend. Uh Yankee great. -Machado
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote: Of course Alex can be described as a great Yankees. Let's talk about what he accomplished on the field
2 time MVP
1 time WS winner

And let's look at how he did it.

He was Derek Jeter's best good friend. Uh Yankee great. -Machado
Nice photos.
Even thought I did not support Bonds while in SF, I still have to describe
Bonds as a great player.
Did Bonds get the help of PED's? More than likely. Still does not mean he was NOT a great player.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bobby Abreu agrees to a minor league deal with Philadelphia with an invite to spring training.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:4 more days till Tanaka signs somewhere!

I get updates daily.....that report nothing we don't already know.
1. He's going to make a lot of money.
2. Some teams want to sign him badly.
3. Some teams need to sign him badly.
4. One team will blow everyone away.
5. The team that does might be an underdog no one saw coming.

Being a sportswriter has got to be pretty easy.
All this drama over some guy who has not thrown a single pitch in the big leagues. The more this situation drags out the more I am convinced the teams in the hunt are CRAZY!!!
Imagine paying $100M or more for a player that has only played in Japan?
He might end up being very, very good or he could be an absolute bust.
Who's willing to take the chance? So glad it's not my $$$$
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:4 more days till Tanaka signs somewhere!

I get updates daily.....that report nothing we don't already know.
1. He's going to make a lot of money.
2. Some teams want to sign him badly.
3. Some teams need to sign him badly.
4. One team will blow everyone away.
5. The team that does might be an underdog no one saw coming.

Being a sportswriter has got to be pretty easy.
All this drama over some guy who has not thrown a single pitch in the big leagues. The more this situation drags out the more I am convinced the teams in the hunt are CRAZY!!!
Imagine paying $100M or more for a player that has only played in Japan?
He might end up being very, very good or he could be an absolute bust.
Who's willing to take the chance? So glad it's not my $$$$

He'll get a 100m contract and ( IMO ) is so desired because he's only 25.

Some scouts see him as just a 2 or 3, but he's 25 so there's a big chance for improvement. I think what he has stacked against him is since the hype and expectations, he's probably going to be counted on starting as the ace of the staff.

Maybe ( and there is no way this happens ) he should start coming out of the bullpen since he's already thrown 1,300 innings and making sure his arm and body can handle the transition. Not unlike what Eric Wedge ( the ONE thing he did right in his career ) did with Iwakuma. Kuma was kept in the pen, much to the anger of the fanbase, because it was apparent how good the guy is. Gotta admit though it was a good move.

Tanaka could be Darvish, Tanaka could be Matsuzaka. The Dice K comparisons are pretty spot on with the similarities of their pitch repetoire. Dice could've been the ace people wanted he just had serious control issues and zero confidence. He became a trick pitcher, and aside from maybe one good season those guy's suck.

Darvish throws a lot of innings because he's a strikeout pitcher. I hope they don't burn him out since the idiots in Texas ran off Nolan. Think of what Steve McCatty is trying to do with Strasburg in DC. Pitch to contact and you only need one pitch for an out instead of at least three.

Tanaka has concerns because of the mileage on his arm, but OTOH I get the hype. His splitter and four slider look exactly the same ( I'll try to post/find the gifs I saw of it ) and that could be devastating.

*edit*

Found em'! As for the slider and splitter similarities, even the scouts have a difficult time telling them apart sometimes.

Splitter

Slider

Fastball 97mph

Dayum.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

Tanaka to the Yankees for 7 yrs / $155 mil.

They will regret this in a couple of years...
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

wickedsensation wrote:Tanaka to the Yankees for 7 yrs / $155 mil.

Maybe
Maybe not. Tanaka has an out clause after 4 years. Good protection for Yankees and Tanaka. Not surprised at all the Yankees landed this whale.

Curious to learn how much Dodgers bid. I'm sure those details will leak out of Rosenthal's mouth sooner or later.
wickedsensation

Machado wrote:

Maybe
Maybe not. Tanaka has an out clause after 4 years. Good protection for Yankees and Tanaka. Not surprised at all the Yankees landed this whale.

Curious to learn how much Dodgers bid. I'm sure those details will leak out of Rosenthal's mouth sooner or later.
Are you sure the opt-out clause protects the Yankees? I thought only Tanaka could opt-out...
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

wickedsensation wrote:
Machado wrote:

Maybe

Are you sure the opt-out clause protects the Yankees? I thought only Tanaka could opt-out...
It's Tanaka's choice to opt out. Get below the luxury tax my ass they spent $460m this offseason. 1 ring in 13 years, 2+ billion spent. If my results were that bad I'd be fired and sued.

They always lose their shit when Boston wins. 155 for a number 2 or 3?

*edit*

It's $471 million! They are still behind Boston, Detroit, Texas and Oakland. If they miss the playoffs again how much you wanna bet Selig adds a third wild card
Last edited by killeverything on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
wickedsensation

^
This.

And after 4 years, when he's no longer worth his salary, the Yankees are on the hook for another 3 years.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
wickedsensation wrote:
Machado wrote: Maybe

It's Tanaka's choice to opt out. Get below the luxury tax my ass they spent $460m this offseason. 1 ring in 13 years, 2+ billion spent. If my results were that bad I'd be fired and sued.

They always lose their shit when Boston wins. 155 for a number 2 or 3?
Kill-
Tanaka may be a 2 or 3. You have to consider that there are a very limited amount of true 1's in MLB.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

No there's a good amount. It's just aside from having a massive income from playing in the largest market in the US, the Yankees are one of the worst run teams in baseball.

They have no trade chips, zero so they can't trade for someone. All the other GMs were smart enough to lock up their #1s, much to the anger of Steinbrenner fluffer Ken Rosenthal ( his bi-yearly "Seattle can't afford Felix and need to trade him to the Yankees article is soon to be released ). Their scouting is sub-par so they haven't drafted a SP worth a shit in forever.

Like I said earlier how and the hell Cashman still has a job is beyond me.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:No there's a good amount. It's just aside from having a massive income from playing in the largest market in the US, the Yankees are one of the worst run teams in baseball.

They have no trade chips, zero so they can't trade for someone. All the other GMs were smart enough to lock up their #1s, much to the anger of Steinbrenner fluffer Ken Rosenthal ( his bi-yearly "Seattle can't afford Felix and need to trade him to the Yankees article is soon to be released ). Their scouting is sub-par so they haven't drafted a SP worth a shit in forever.

2009 WS saved his job. Now the team will need to win another WS this year or next to save him from landing on the unemployment line.

Yankees drafted Gerrit Cole several years ago. That was a good pick. Too bad the kid decided to attend college.
Now he's a Pirate and looks like he will be around for several years.

Several years ago Johan Santana was the talk of baseball. Teams lined up to sign the guy and the Yankees passed. They were not interested and definitely not interested in trading Hughes for Santana.
That non-move worked out well for the Yankees and poorly for Mets.
Does Cash get any credit for that decision? Probably not because it's much easier to discuss the moves that did not work.

Cashman did the right thing by not giving in to Cano with the 10 year deal for a guy who's 31 right now.
IMO, Cashman and the Yankees did the right thing by taking a HUGE CHANCE on Tanaka. The kid is only 25. Not everyday when a 25 year old kid with a high ceiling comes along for the taking.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:No there's a good amount. It's just aside from having a massive income from playing in the largest market in the US, the Yankees are one of the worst run teams in baseball.

2009 WS saved his job. Now the team will need to win another WS this year or next to save him from landing on the unemployment line.

Yankees drafted Gerrit Cole several years ago. That was a good pick. Too bad the kid decided to attend college.

Several years ago Johan Santana was the talk of baseball. Teams lined up to sign the guy and the Yankees passed. They were not interested and definitely not interested in trading Hughes for Santana.
Does Cash get any credit for that decision? Probably not because it's much easier to discuss the moves that did not work.

Cashman did the right thing by not giving in to Cano with the 10 year deal for a guy who's 31 right now.
IMO, Cashman and the Yankees did the right thing by taking a HUGE CHANCE on Tanaka. The kid is only 25. Not everyday when a 25 year old kid with a high ceiling comes along for the taking.

Out of all the decisions a GM has to make over a period of years, you can only point out two that Cashman did right? That's a pretty horrible track record. Also, as for doing the right think with Tanaka - only two teams could dump that kind of money on a risk. That's not being a smart GM, that's having the money to bail you out if you screw up. Look at Jerry Dipoto and the Angels - he made a good trade with Mark Trumbo, but that doesn't negate the signings of Pujols and Hamilton. The Angels were trying to be the Yankees and they learned they couldn't do it.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
Machado wrote:

Out of all the decisions a GM has to make over a period of years, you can only point out two that Cashman did right? That's a pretty horrible track record. Also, as for doing the right think with Tanaka - only two teams could dump that kind of money on a risk. That's not being a smart GM, that's having the money to bail you out if you screw up. Look at Jerry Dipoto and the Angels - he made a good trade with Mark Trumbo, but that doesn't negate the signings of Pujols and Hamilton. The Angels were trying to be the Yankees and they learned they couldn't do it.
Dude, you're talking to Machado. A poster so legendary there's a thread dedicated to his domination of the english language and mastery of the world around him. Brian Cashman is Ed Wade being bank rolled by trustafarian imbecilles, everyone but him knows that.

In not so exciting news Boston added Grady Sizemore on a one year deal ( 750k ) for OF depth.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

tin00can wrote:
Machado wrote:

I'm not going to list all his "right" moves here. WTF!
Damned if you do and damned if you don't. The Yankees are only playing by the MLB rules.
Could have very easily been a situation where Tanaka would have gone to another team. He chose the Yankees and fans like me are hoping the HUGE gamble pays off. I recognize the money is absurd. I recognize the team is taking a huge risk and if this deal fails, the Yankees might need many years to recover. But if the deal does work and Tanaka is part of a WS title or more, where will the detractors be?
Cashman did the right thing by not offering Cano the same money Seattle did & he did the right thing by spending that money on a need. Probably the #1 need for the 2014 team.
Maybe nobody can do what the Yankees do. Could be LA Dodgers will be the next Angels. Will be fun to find out.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Matt Garza 4/52 with the Brewers.

Grant Balfour 2/12 with the Rays.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Did Bonds get the help of PED's? More than likely. Still does not mean he was NOT a great player.
The fuck it don't, PED's can and will change anyone into something they're not. If it's not clear about Bonds you're blind. It's more obvious then "Did OJ do it"
I know someone who played with, drafted and see's Bonds, I've heard more story's about Barry then my ex girl friend but I knew it without his words. This was before the public PED fiasco but most everyone knew it then. It's also why I blame the league, team and owners up till a certain era. Anyone playing, was around or heavily into sports as a fan knew there was a massive drug problem. If I was a Judge Bond's would be the only case I wouldn't have to see another piece of evidence to convict.

Bonds should never make the hall, his records should be stricken or asterisk. There should be a small outside restroom building with Bond's name on the floor or something.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Did Bonds get the help of PED's? More than likely. Still does not mean he was NOT a great player.
The fuck it don't, PED's can and will change anyone into something they're not. If it's not clear about Bonds you're blind. It's more obvious then "Did OJ do it"
I know someone who played with, drafted and see's Bonds, I've heard more story's about Barry then my ex girl friend but I knew it without his words. This was before the public PED fiasco but most everyone knew it then. It's also why I blame the league, team and owners up till a certain era. Anyone playing, was around or heavily into sports as a fan knew there was a massive drug problem. If I was a Judge Bond's would be the only case I wouldn't have to see another piece of evidence to convict.

Bonds should never make the hall, his records should be stricken or asterisk. There should be a small outside restroom building with Bond's name on the floor or something.
Hey now. Bonds hit more than he ever did in his career when he was in his 40s. As did McGwire and Sosa. It doesn't mean they weren't great players. It just means they did things they NEVER were able to do without the help of drugs.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

His stuff looks great but I love the risk of never being on an MLB mound, his pitch count, coming from Japan...I love the risk at $155mil going to the Yankees! Another great year with hopes of failure at a high price.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

Bud Selig doesn't have the balls to strike those records or apply an asterisk.
Bud was just as guilty as the players of the era.
Bud knows this. The media knows this and most of all guys like
Bonds know that.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Bud Selig doesn't have the balls to strike those records or apply an asterisk.
Bud was just as guilty as the players of the era.
Bud knows this. The media knows this and most of all guys like
Bonds know that.
Which is why I hope baseball historians collectively refer to that time period as the "Selig Era" not the "Steroid Era," etc. It should be known by the jackwagon that let, supported and I wouldn't doubt encouraged it's use.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Which is why I hope baseball historians collectively refer to that time period as the "Selig Era" not the "Steroid Era," etc. It should be known by the jackwagon that let, supported and I wouldn't doubt encouraged it's use.
I'd love to know how much Selig turned his back too as the players lined up like cattle getting a flu shot.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Michael Young told the Los Angeles Times this weekend that he will either retire or return to the Dodgers.
“As far as baseball is concerned, the Dodgers are it for me,” Young said.

Might have been a nice fit for Yankees. Team can use someone to occasionally play 3B & 1B in a reserve role.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Michael Young told the Los Angeles Times this weekend that he will either retire or return to the Dodgers.
“As far as baseball is concerned, the Dodgers are it for me,” Young said.

Might have been a nice fit for Yankees. Team can use someone to occasionally play 3B & 1B in a reserve role.
They fucking need more than that.

One injury.....ONE and their done. Their new pitcher is a groundball pitcher and with Jeter manning short? Good luck, because even with him being hobbled he couldn't get to most hits.

They're counting on an older CC to pitch like it's 2007. There is no bench, no callups and a thin bullpen. I'm happy they stayed "under the luxury tax" by 500 million.

Think about it like this. Cashman has no idea how to build a sustainable player development system and with the Steinbrenner idiot clan at the helm with daddy's money? There's going to be more of the same. If they would have stayed under for a year they would have blown everyone away with contracts for the next 5 to 7 years. Thanks for sucking at your job Cashman.

They were the only team offering Tanaka that much ( ChiC was 6\120, Seattle and LAD didn't think he was worth it ). 500 million in additions and your still the 4th best team in the AL?

:lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Lance Berkman to retire. I'm happy he won a ring he always come across as a likeable player.

Micheal Young to retire.

Before anyone asks both fall well short of HOF inductions, like not even debatable.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Braves avoid arbitration with Freddie Freeman on 8\130-5 deal.
And Jason Heyward 2/13ish + incentives.