The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by dtmfs »

I got Gibbs high up on the list of guys from his era along with Walsh, Shula, Knoll and Landry. Those are the top 5 no particular order. Gibbs is all round superior as a sports genius. Counting his NASCAR titles He's got what 6 championships in 2 sports?
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

ESPN Anchor Stuart Scott Announces Via Twitter He Is Battling Cancer Once Again

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1485 ... ia-twitter

Scott has beaten back cancer twice before.

He underwent an emergency appendectomy after falling ill while he was covering a Monday Night Football game back in 2007.

Scott underwent six months of preventive chemotherapy after the cancer was initially discovered. He even continued working on-air while going through the treatment.

He had been cancer-free until early 2011 when it decided to show its ugly face again, this time on his small intestine.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I didn't know cancer could cause droopy eye.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tampon NFL pussy vagina!!!!!

Like it or not, looks like we'll have an openly gay NFL player for the first time. Dude is projected as a 3rd round pick but will be interesting to see if this hurts his draft stock.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/09/us/sport- ... comes-out/

Michael Sam, college football star and top NFL prospect, says he's gay
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Richie Incognito's head is about to explode, lord help that gay nigger if he ends up on the same team as his.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Members of Congress urge NFL to press for Redskins name change
Published February 10, 2014
FoxNews.com
Facebook1610 Twitter260 Gplus3
redskins661.jpg

Aug. 4, 2009: Washington Redskins helmets are displayed on the field during NFL football training camp at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Va. (AP/Pablo Martinez Monsivais, File)

Two members of Congress will reportedly send a letter to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell Monday calling for the league to put pressure on the Washington Redskins to change the team's nickname.

The Washington Post reports that the letter, signed by Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., and Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., asks Goodell to "to take a formal position in support of a name change."

The letter goes on to add that the league "is on the wrong side of history. It is not appropriate for this multibillion dollar… tax-exempt organization to perpetuate and profit from the continued degradation of tribes and Indian people," the Post reports. Cantwell is the chair of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, while Cole is one of two Native Americans in Congress.

The Redskins franchise, which was founded in 1932 and has been based in Washington since 1937, has been under increasing pressure to change its name, which many deem offensive to Native Americans. Some newspapers have refused to use the team's nickname in stories and NBC commentator Bob Costas referred to the nickname as "an insult, a slur" during the network's broadcast of a Redskins game this past October.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has insisted that he would never change the name while he owned the team. Team spokesman Tony Wylie responded to the letter in a statement to the Post: "With all the important issues Congress has to deal with ... don’t they have more important issues to worry about than a football team’s name? And given the fact that the name of Oklahoma means 'Red People' in Choctaw, this request is a little ironic."

For his part, Goodell has resisted calls to change the team's name. At a news conference during Super Bowl week, Goodell responded to a question about the name by saying, "Eight out of 10 Americans in the general population would not like us to change the name. So we are listening. We are being respectful to people who disagree. But let's not forget this is the name of a football team."
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Crazy Levi wrote:Tampon NFL pussy vagina!!!!!

Like it or not, looks like we'll have an openly gay NFL player for the first time. Dude is projected as a 3rd round pick but will be interesting to see if this hurts his draft stock.

Brendon Ayanbadejo is yet again way too excited over this. Why doesn't Brendon Ayanbadejo just admit he is gay? Nobody gives a shit, he doesn't have to worry about the Ravens' Thugs anymore.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WTF

Post by WTF »

AliceManson wrote:

Brendon Ayanbadejo is yet again way too excited over this. Why doesn't Brendon Ayanbadejo just admit he is gay? Nobody gives a shit, he doesn't have to worry about the Ravens' Thugs anymore.
Drayton Florence's "no comment":

Agent 29 ✔ @DraytonFlorence
Follow

No comment but it can be a distraction in the locker room. At least he's open with it much respect!

:lol:
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

How could it not hurt his draft stock? There are teams that will either pass or at least wait until later rounds just because of the potential distraction and media shitstorm. There are other teams that won't care. It narrows his options. It will be a miracle if he doesn't slide.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bane wrote:

How could it not hurt his draft stock? There are teams that will either pass or at least wait until later rounds just because of the potential distraction and media shitstorm. There are other teams that won't care. It narrows his options. It will be a miracle if he doesn't slide.
Well yeah...I guess the question is "how much?"

Manti Teo still went early in the 2nd round, and that was a media shitstorm of epic proportions. Surely bigger than some dude coming out, right?

Hey if it means the Redskins could get a 3rd-round talent in the 5th round I'd be all fuckin' for it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Hey if it means the Redskins could get a 3rd-round talent in the 5th round I'd be all fuckin' for it.
I bet you'll be all fuckin for it. 8)
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane

Post by bane »

The Teo distraction ended as soon as he was drafted. This guy's will go on a little longer. I could see those Westboro fucks protesting outside stadiums etc. It'll fade eventually, especially if he can play, but it's gonna take a team with a strong coach and locker room to disregard it and draft him where he would be otherwise. I'll bet he slides to at least the 5th. He's got really good numbers in the SEC and this whole thing shows some serious intestinal fortitude though, so I think he's probably going to kick ass in the NFL. I'd be happy to see my team draft him.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Speaking of Te'o. I watched one CHargers game this year. Denver game, I think. How the fuck does Te'o start? Dude was passive on almost every play and looked completely lost.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

WTF wrote:Members of Congress urge NFL to press for Redskins name change
Published February 10, 2014
FoxNews.com
Facebook1610 Twitter260 Gplus3
redskins661.jpg

Aug. 4, 2009: Washington Redskins helmets are displayed on the field during NFL football training camp at Redskins Park in Ashburn, Va. (AP/Pablo Martinez Monsivais, File)

Two members of Congress will reportedly send a letter to National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell Monday calling for the league to put pressure on the Washington Redskins to change the team's nickname.

The Washington Post reports that the letter, signed by Rep. Tom Cole, R-Okla., and Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., asks Goodell to "to take a formal position in support of a name change."

The letter goes on to add that the league "is on the wrong side of history. It is not appropriate for this multibillion dollar… tax-exempt organization to perpetuate and profit from the continued degradation of tribes and Indian people," the Post reports. Cantwell is the chair of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee, while Cole is one of two Native Americans in Congress.

The Redskins franchise, which was founded in 1932 and has been based in Washington since 1937, has been under increasing pressure to change its name, which many deem offensive to Native Americans. Some newspapers have refused to use the team's nickname in stories and NBC commentator Bob Costas referred to the nickname as "an insult, a slur" during the network's broadcast of a Redskins game this past October.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has insisted that he would never change the name while he owned the team. Team spokesman Tony Wylie responded to the letter in a statement to the Post: "With all the important issues Congress has to deal with ... don’t they have more important issues to worry about than a football team’s name? And given the fact that the name of Oklahoma means 'Red People' in Choctaw, this request is a little ironic."

For his part, Goodell has resisted calls to change the team's name. At a news conference during Super Bowl week, Goodell responded to a question about the name by saying, "Eight out of 10 Americans in the general population would not like us to change the name. So we are listening. We are being respectful to people who disagree. But let's not forget this is the name of a football team."

Stay strong Washington Front Office, Snyder. Tell Congress and all the other pussies to go fuck themselves and KEEP the NAME.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I love that everyone hates the Redskins and Dan Snyder, but when it comes to your average aging white football fan, caving to "Big Indian" is not something they want the Skins to do.

We are ALL Redskins!!!!
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:I love that everyone hates the Redskins and Dan Snyder, but when it comes to your average aging white football fan, caving to "Big Indian" is not something they want the Skins to do.

We are ALL Redskins!!!!

It has nothing to do with the Redskins. They just happen to be the subject of this issue.

I don't like the fact that some fuckwads, that haven't put a fucking cent into the organization in regards to owning it, like Snyder has, can come in and just tell him what to do..

that is what I am against. I could care less if the Redskins were out of the NFL next season., or, if the stadium burned down. Snyder shouldn't be pressured, or bullied into changing the name.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

bane wrote:It'll fade eventually, especially if he can play, but it's gonna take a team with a strong coach and locker room to disregard it and draft him where he would be otherwise. I'll bet he slides to at least the 5th. He's got really good numbers in the SEC and this whole thing shows some serious intestinal fortitude though, so I think he's probably going to kick ass in the NFL. I'd be happy to see my team draft him.
His numbers are a little inflated. Most of his sacks came in blow outs against the likes of Kentucky and Vanderbilt (no disrespect to Vandy, but Mizzou slaughtered them this year). He had a decent game against Georgia, showed up strong against Florida (but they were horrid on offense), but failed to deliver when everything was on the line against Auburn in the title game.

On the 3rd round thing... that was his highest projection before he came out. Some "experts" had him as low as the 7th. He's too small for a DE and too big for a LB, but not as athletic as a guy like DeMarcus Ware who is in the same mold. He was going to have to be a special teams ace to get a roster spot even before all of this.

I figure somebody will take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th and let him try to earn a roster spot on special teams.
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

God damn, it's great being a Browns fan.......
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:I love that everyone hates the Redskins and Dan Snyder, but when it comes to your average aging white football fan, caving to "Big Indian" is not something they want the Skins to do.

We are ALL Redskins!!!!

Personally I'll think the whole Redskin thing is a fucking joke. Scalp um if they can't take a joke. It's a free country. Fuck them Dirt-Worshipping tantos.

Dad Snyder on the other hand, is a tard.
Rainbow Bright

Post by Rainbow Bright »

eddie lee roth wrote:I didn't know cancer could cause droopy eye.
He got tagged in the eye at a Jets mini-camp years ago.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:

Good for the kid. His teammates in college deserve a lot of respect for keeping the secret for all these months. With Twitter, FB and all the other social media outlets, it's a surprise someone from the team did not make the terrible mistake of outing this kid.

Who cares if the kid is gay!!!!
If he can play the game with full pads and help a team win, does it really matter what his sexual preference is? About time NFL Players stop acting so macho on Twitter and get real with themselves.
The year is 2014.
This kid coming out will certainly begin a trend of more players coming out.
More pro athletes coming out and no long being afraid.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Oh man

:lol:
Michael Sam Sr. told The New York Times that he received the news last Tuesday when his son wrote in a text: "Dad, I'm gay."

Sam's father took the news hard. He said he was eating at a Denny's restaurant but had to leave after receiving the text.

"I couldn't eat no more, so I went to Applebee's to have drinks," Sam Sr. told the newspaper.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Nothing better than a Long Island Appletini Mojito to make you forget your gay son.

Any wonder this kid stays with friends instead of his family when he goes back home?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

If your name is Mike Sam you almost have to be a linebacker . I wonder if his middle name is Will.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

In last fifteen years the Browns lead the league in the amount of GMs, head coaches, starting QBS (20) and last place finishes.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

johnk5150 wrote:In last fifteen years the Browns lead the league in the amount of GMs, head coaches, starting QBS (20) and last place finishes.
One of the very few teams keeping the Redskins off the bottom (top?) of most of these lists.

Thanks Cleveland!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:If your name is Mike Sam you almost have to be a linebacker . I wonder if his middle name is Will.
Talk about being a confused child growing up.
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:

Good for the kid. His teammates in college deserve a lot of respect for keeping the secret for all these months. With Twitter, FB and all the other social media outlets, it's a surprise someone from the team did not make the terrible mistake of outing this kid.

Who cares if the kid is gay!!!!
If he can play the game with full pads and help a team win, does it really matter what his sexual preference is? About time NFL Players stop acting so macho on Twitter and get real with themselves.
The year is 2014.
This kid coming out will certainly begin a trend of more players coming out.
More pro athletes coming out and no long being afraid.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get off your soap box Machado . Social commentary is all well and good, but I'm trying discuss the real ramifications for him and how it will affect his draft slot. The reality isn't this hold hands and sing Kumbaya like you want it to be. He's going to slide. The only question is how far.
bane

Post by bane »

johnk5150 wrote:If your name is Mike Sam you almost have to be a linebacker . I wonder if his middle name is Will.
:lol: Well played.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »