The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sin
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by sin »

What the hell is Oakland thinking? They already got burned on two teams rejects and a supplemental draft pick. Between them, the Jets and the Vikings it seems like they are in a competition for the title of worst QB decisions in history.

I mean I like the 'idea' of Schaub to the Raiders he could turn out to be the QB that adds stability to them, but who am I kidding.
scarred but smarter
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Vick in, Sanchez out.
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:What the hell is Oakland thinking? They already got burned on two teams rejects and a supplemental draft pick. Between them, the Jets and the Vikings it seems like they are in a competition for the title of worst QB decisions in history.

I mean I like the 'idea' of Schaub to the Raiders he could turn out to be the QB that adds stability to them, but who am I kidding.
Oakland desperately wanted Schaub but it's exactly like last year with Matt Flyn. Bring him in and with the 5th pick in the draft taking a QB isn't out of the question. I think Oakland GM Reggie McKenzies staff has more faith in Schaub then the fan's or the world.

I personally like Schaub, but if I was in Oakland I'd totally go after a QB, maybe not with the 5th pick but I'd grab one. I've heard rumor of Johnny Manziel, please god don't let that happen. Manziel needs to be a Cowboy.

I can't see Richie Incognito in Oakland. Partly because Oakland just filled two holes on O-line. Plus the Raiders picked up Antonio Smith from the Texans who ripped off Richie's helmet last year then kicked him on the ground ending in a "3 game suspension 10grand fine" GM Reggie McKenzie isn't anything like Al Davis so unless Richie offers up minimum wage with a ton of mental appointments Richie will still be unemployed.

The NFL just received Ted Wells 144 page investigation of the Dolphins locker room so the NFL can still add problems to Incognito, I think any team interested is waiting to hear what the NFL is going to do first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Richie Incognito must be evaluated before NFL return.

A league source told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport on Friday that Incognito can sign a contract, but he can't be paid or play until he undergoes a comprehensive evaluation by NFL-NFL Players Association designated medical advisors. Commissioner Roger Goodell must review their report and recommendation.

Incog wants to play for the Dolphins or Raiders.

I have no fucking clue how good Incog is, he's over 30 with a ton of baggage....Is he even worth the effort of a phone call let alone a tryout...I wouldn't want him. Well he'd look good in Dallas with Dez.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

sin wrote:What the hell is Oakland thinking? They already got burned on two teams rejects and a supplemental draft pick. Between them, the Jets and the Vikings it seems like they are in a competition for the title of worst QB decisions in history.

Schaub is a system guy. If they run a West Coast and block for him, he can be a very solid QB. He has no arm and he can't run at all though, so be prepared for a lot of 5-7 yard passes on 3rd and long and a whole lot of curling up in the fetal position when he smells pressure sacks. He doesn't throw a ton of picks traditionally. I think last year had more to do with really bad play calling than it did QB play, but he can be a pretty good game manager. I hope he resurrects his career out there. He's a good guy.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:

Schaub is a system guy. If they run a West Coast and block for him, he can be a very solid QB. He has no arm and he can't run at all though, so be prepared for a lot of 5-7 yard passes on 3rd and long and a whole lot of curling up in the fetal position when he smells pressure sacks. He doesn't throw a ton of picks traditionally. I think last year had more to do with really bad play calling than it did QB play, but he can be a pretty good game manager. I hope he resurrects his career out there. He's a good guy.
I like Schaub and think his down year had just as much to do with the team. From what I seen Texas needed an O-Line, less injuries and a new staff. Didn't Houston install a new coaching staff? I like Houston, I'd like to see them turn it around but I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is going to be the answer either.

Bane mentioned Schaub's at his best in a game management system so he'll fit right in. Oakland has been surrounding Schaub with linemen this off season but the Raiders are pulling a rebuild on the fly. GM McKenzies is hoping for 7 wins, I doubt he's thinking much more then that. He's been plucking veteran free agents and will fill in the rest with draft picks just to hit .500.
McKenzies is 2 years out from showing something with the mess handed too him.
I wouldn't be surprised if Oakland gives up their 5th spot too gather more draft picks.....Then again, I'd rather see what QB's are available other then Johnny Z. This move with Schaub left Oakland's wide open for a QB in the 5th but I feel Oakland's staff thinks Schaub has several years left.

I don't expect Schaub to be Rich Gannon but anything resembling stability will be fine at this point...At least Crazy Al isn't out there looking to draft the fastest and biggest guy to surgically implant a brain into.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Vick in, Sanchez out.
:lol:

Only thing worse would be Vick in, Geno on the bench. I would love to see Vick come in and get blasted in a Jet's uniform. I'm glad he's finally out of Philly, maybe I can start giving the Eagles a break again.

Who picks up Sanchez, Browns...Ram's.....VIKINGS!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10658 ... alcons-fan

Fuck Roddy White. He's a big bitch. Don't make that bet if you are not going to follow through.
P13 is proof of that.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

UtahRatt wrote:
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:Vick in, Sanchez out.

Only thing worse would be Vick in, Geno on the bench. I would love to see Vick come in and get blasted in a Jet's uniform. I'm glad he's finally out of Philly, maybe I can start giving the Eagles a break again.

Who picks up Sanchez, Browns...Ram's.....VIKINGS!
See, I'm completely of an opposite mind. He is a shitbag for what he did but he served his time, paid his debt and was a model citizen and by all accounts a good locker room guy there afterward. His injuries and trying to do too much were his downfall and you can't really fault the guy for either. What I love the most about this move is that it gets the "dogs>people" crowd all fired up again. I hope he goes 13-3 and pisses everyone off even more.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Fuck Vick, he didn't serve his fucking time....Because he's still a felon! Everything from voting, owning a gun to working at the post office. Vick should still be paying for his crimes but just because he can throw a football he's special, kids look up to these players and this is the example the NFL sets. You can be a sick fucking criminal, fail piss tests, drink and drive, be a thug and we'll still give you millions if you can run fast.

Pat, you worked for the RailRoad, I still do, would either of us have Union Pacific jobs with Vick's felonies? Even a DWI or failed piss test...

The NFL should ban felons but they don't..This is America Where we give 2nd chances but only if you're a thug and can run fast! In the real world that shit don't happen. You have to earn it.

The fact that being a talented thug gives you more rights then your average citizen is the joke. The fact that the NFL sets examples for kids, is in the spotlight for all the world to see and millions of dollars are vested into the sport is more then enough reason to have high standards. They don't even have average standards.

What Vick did was fucking sick but I couldn't two fucks about dogs, it's the fact that Professional Sports don't give a shit what you've done or who you are. You can be a drunk driving, wife beating, drug abusing, coach choking, dog killer.....But if you can play ball, you'll get millions for being a douche bag. A job that rewards douche bags.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:What I love the most about this move is that it gets the "dogs>people" crowd all fired up again. I hope he goes 13-3 and pisses everyone off even more.
What Vick did was straight up sickening.....But I chuckle over the dogs vs people arguments. I don't hold high value to animals, I hate the torture of anything but I'd probably give money to get my toenails painted before giving money to an animal cause.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10658 ... alcons-fan

Fuck Roddy White. He's a big bitch. Don't make that bet if you are not going to follow through.
P13 is proof of that.

You're more pissed off then the dude he made a bet with. The guy flat out said don't even worry about it. It was more of a talking shit bet then anything, not like the two laid out a series of serious betting post's. It's a petty discussion and on ESPN?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Oakland - Terrelle Pryor requested his release or a trade to a situation where he has a chance to start. GM McKenzie acknowledges Pryor’s days in Oakland are all but over.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Oakland is talking about drafting Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr to groom under Schaub.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fuck: Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis said Monday he would "have to think about" signing former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito. Rumors are there is talk between the coach, GM and Owner about Richie...Miami said fuck no to Richie coming back.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rams: coach Jeff Fisher confirmed his team's interest in Burrito Sanchez, states his team doesn't currently have an experienced back up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Tebow "works every day" and is "hoping" for another NFL shot. Maybe the Cowboys?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daily News has learned that the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins and Steelers are in the hunt to land veteran running back Maurice Jones-Drew. The teams are expected to meet with the Jones-Drew camp at league meetings this week.

MJD has already been in and out of the Steelers without much talk but I think it's where he ends up. There or the Dolphins.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

NFL.com is saying the Eagles are taking a hard look at Sanchez. I think he would be better off there as well. Bradford is running out of chances to prove he is a no question starter the Rams need a backup plan. Nick Foles seems to be a legitimate starter and the Eagles only need a competent backup in case he goes down for a game or two.
scarred but smarter
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The only thing that scares me and probably most people about Derek Carr is his last name. It's going to be fun to watch the rookie QB class this year, it reminds me of the 2011 draft.
scarred but smarter
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

sin wrote:NFL.com is saying the Eagles are taking a hard look at Sanchez. I think he would be better off there as well. Bradford is running out of chances to prove he is a no question starter the Rams need a backup plan. Nick Foles seems to be a legitimate starter and the Eagles only need a competent backup in case he goes down for a game or two.
Sanchez is not an NFL starting QB. The guy has a great future holding a clipboard.
Sanchez never was worthy of being a #1 pick.
Philly fans are brutal and that's being nice. Those maniacs once attacked Santa Claus.
Imagine what they will do to Sanchez after he losses a game???
Will be fun to watch. :lol: :lol:
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Machado wrote: Sanchez is not an NFL starting QB. The guy has a great future holding a clipboard.
Sanchez never was worthy of being a #1 pick.
I remember on facebook on some Patriots/Jets rivalry page. Jets fans were saying Brady was over and Sanchez is the new elite in the division all because the Jets knocked the Patriots out of the playoffs.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fucking sad story. Not trying to be a wise-ass, but did Jim Kelly dip tobacco for an extended period of time???

Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is expected to undergo surgery Thursday following the return of oral cancer. His wife, Jill, says the cancer is aggressive and starting to spread.

Jim Kelly's wife says his cancer is aggressive and starting to spread. The former Bills star had surgery last June to remove cancerous cells in his jaw.
The 54-year-old former Buffalo Bills star is being treated in New York City. His wife posted Tuesday on her Instagram account that Kelly's surgery is "tentatively scheduled for Thursday."

Kelly's Buffalo doctors said March 14 the return of the cancer was discovered when he came for follow-up tests after surgery to remove cancerous cells last year.

Dan Kelly told The Associated Press that his brother is humbled by an outpouring of prayers posted on social media. Jill Kelly has been providing updates on Twitter and her blog, where she recently posted that her husband's cancer is "aggressive" and "starting to spread."
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

What I want to know is the cancer aggressive and starting to spread?
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Incognito and Antonio Smith on the same team? Those practices will be pretty interesting if that happens. I don't think anybody likes Incognito much, but The Ninja seriously hates him.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Bears landed Jarred Allen.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

There was a report yesterday that the Pats were looking at MJD.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

johnk5150 wrote:Bears landed Jarred Allen.
I know you gotta be happy about that. Very nice move for them, but what the hell is their plan on offense? They have their eye on a QB in round 2 or a shiny new target for for Cutler in round 1?
scarred but smarter
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

sin wrote:
I know you gotta be happy about that. Very nice move for them, but what the hell is their plan on offense? They have their eye on a QB in round 2 or a shiny new target for for Cutler in round 1?
2 years younger than Peppers for half the money. Seems good on paper. They need to draft a QB with a strong arm as Cutler hasn't started 16 games in years.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:
sin wrote:
2 years younger than Peppers for half the money. Seems good on paper. They need to draft a QB with a strong arm as Cutler hasn't started 16 games in years.

Marshall and Jeffery will make anyone under center look good and Forte still looks great. Their offensive is fine for a couple more years. They don't need to win on offense. Picking up Allen and patching holes on D will put the Bears back to winning games...Behind a mean defense. I like where they're headed.

Except for losing Josh McCown.....How did that go down? Too much money? Between Forte and their WR duo, Cutlerfuck and McCown were a capable tag team. They put up the points, just gave up too many.

No clue who the back up QB is now but I can't see them going anywhere with last years D.
Alabama Slammer
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Alabama Slammer »

WTF

Post by WTF »

Pats and Wilfork agree to new deal.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/ ... story.html
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Chris Johnson to be cut (bum)

Desean Jackson getting ready to make the rounds (reading a lot on Oakland making a serious run)

Anyone buy any of the Nike Johnny Manziel Pro Day line of clothing?
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UtahRatt wrote:
Except for losing Josh McCown.....How did that go down? Too much money? Between Forte and their WR duo, Cutlerfuck and McCown were a capable tag team. They put up the points, just gave up too many.
Mccown knows the end is near and wanted to be a starter. He's almost 35 and starters make more than backups no matter how well you hold a clipboard.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Alabama Slammer wrote:MJD to the Raiders

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/28/maurice-jo ... ?eref=sihp
Holy SHEETS?

Maurice Jones-Drew, 29, joins a Raiders’ running back corps that includes Darren McFadden, 2013 sixth-round draft pick Latavius Murray and Kory Sheets.....And, Kory Sheets?

Kory Sheets? I finally got to watch a CFL game this year, the Gray Cup. I was impressed, Sheets ran wild and took home the MVP on top of setting an all time Gray Cup record....197 Yards and 2TD. The Colts and Oakland gave Sheets tryouts after his performance.

Maybe some Niner Fans have a bit more experience of Sheets let down in SanFran but he blew up the Gray Cup.

CFL thread BUMP
posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=6179223

Oakland - Matt Schaub, MJD & Hamstring McFadden, James Jones & looking at Desean Jackson..Bring on 8-8.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Redskins sign DeSean Jackson to a 3-year deal.

He can't possibly be a Crip if he'll wear red.

I'm penciling in both Eagles games as Ws.