The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by bane »

Crazy Levi wrote:
bane wrote:I don't know if there is anything to the gang ties thing, but the fact that Jackson didn't return multiple calls from his head coach in the off season is enough. He's a great player, but apparantky he's also an asshole.
This is true.

He's also an asshole who will cost the Redskins $4.25 million in cap space in 2014.

He'll cost the Eagles $6.25 million in cap space in 2014.

This amuses me. It's almost always the Redskins on the other side of those kind of cap debacles.
That is also true. It's also pretty indicative of how badly Philly wanted to get him out of town. I have a feeling he'll be on his best behavior this season and he'll probably bring some big time production to the Skins. Once the honeymoon is over he'll probably revert to being an asshole. It makes for a bad locker room.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

These are all possibilities. He could also demand a new contract in a year, everyone knows this.

But again, after watching this guy absolutely torch the Redskins for 5 years - embarrassingly so, and often on national NFL broadcasts - the talent is simply too tantalizing to resist.

I think you can understand that.

We are excited in DC.

And if it turns out to be a disaster?

Well, welcome to the last 20 years. No big fuckin deal really.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Skins fan talkin large. Kind of like last year... Hmmm.. No difference between them and Cowboy fans.
FYP.

Bitch please, stop derailing the NFC East Circle Jerk Thread. Every year is the Cowgirls "This is our best/last shot"

What Raider fan has thought this was their year in over a decade? Playoffs? PLAYOFFS! 8-8 is a good season, they have less chance then the Browns. What moron with 3 wins last year would think this is their season?

Wait, the Skins had 3 wins, the Raiders had 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The NFC East is the most interesting division. I like Ryan Clark and with the Skin's additions it should be a good race. The only thing you can really count on is their fans will be fucktards and the CowGirls will choke.

It's up to Philly or the Skin's to keep the disappointment going with J.R. Ewing and Dallas.

Curious to see how Baby Manning responds this year, 18td's 27ints and 4 fumbles. Will another bad season put him on the hot seat?

Curious to see if RG can prove himself again. DeSean's stock has dropped.

This Dallas fan has never, ever said that... So,I can go on that.. Yes, there are some moronic Cowboys fans that think this shit..

I work in L.A... I hear it every year.. It's the same shit, And by Game 3 or 4. They are done..

Same with skins fans.. Course, you could say it is with all team and their fans at this point..

Some just stick their chests out further..

I know Dallas will be a let down again this season. So, I gotta find my enjoyment somewhere.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Fair enough. I don't have a horse in that race . There are a bunch of former Texans that I root for playing for Philly, and I'm a fan of RG3, so I look forward to watching them slug it out . Anybody but Dallas.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

This is from Crossingbroad.com which is a pretty good and informative Philly sports blog. It's also worth noting that the NFLPA is looking into the prospects of suing the Eagles for "smearing" Jackson (comparing it to the Josh Freeman situation in Tampa Bay). I don't think the Eagles actually gave a reason for his release, but the timing is suspect according to the player's union.

Joe Santoliquito, an infrequent CB contributor, with a story on CBS Philly today quoting unnamed team sources, including current and former players, who spoke about their former teammate. A sampling:

“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.

“Yes, you can say he was the type that could catch three TDs in a loss—everyone would be down, but you had the impression he was happy, because he got his. It was all about him. A lot of guys thought that way about him. [Kelly] came in here with a plan to get this thing right, and the one major [obstacle] standing in his way was [Jackson]. If we were going to move forward as a team, he had to go. Think about it—did anyone come right out and back him publicly? Not one.”

“That was all [Reid’s] doing,” opined someone close to the situation that asked that his name not be used. “[Reid] thought he could control [Jackson]. He could, to a degree. Kelly put up with [Jackson] behind closed doors. A lot of guys didn’t like how he talked to [Kelly]. And a lot of guys just didn’t like him. They thought he was too into his rap label than he was about winning games. The guy performed, there’s no questioning that. But you had to keep a constant eye on him. Guys put in extra time. He didn’t. It’s like he never grew up.”

Now there’s the smear campaign we’ve all been waiting for.

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

So, in other words, the "gang member" thing was complete bullshit.

And you fell for it hook line and sinker.

Whether it works out or not, you can thank your Philidelphia Eagles' smear campaign and ridiculous race-baiting gangland fabrications for helping the Skins get him cheap.

Huge gamble on their part. I think the Eagles took a bigger risk than the Redskins did. If they'd just released him without the bullshit, he might have ended up with any other number of teams NOT in their division.

instead they had morons in NFL front offices contacting the LA police while the Skins were wining and dining him.

Gotta wonder about the logic behind that. Did they really think if they said anonymously said "Aaron Hernandez" enough times NOBODY would sign him and they'd get their complete and total revenge?
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I didn't fall for shit. I never said he was WITH a gang, I said that it has been found that he has pretty close associations which has been proven without a doubt. The only smear campaign being perpetrated is by your new receiver against himself by being a shithead and a locker room cancer. I hope RGIII stays clear of him, he seems like a decent guy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I didn't fall for shit. I never said he was WITH a gang, I said that it has been found that he has pretty close associations which has been proven without a doubt. The only smear campaign being perpetrated is by your new receiver against himself by being a shithead and a locker room cancer. I hope RGIII stays clear of him, he seems like a decent guy.
You said "you want a guy like this on your team?" and then posted the hack job article about his supposed "gang associations."

To me that seems like you fell for it. I guess you were "just sayin'."
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I posted the article that originally broke the story in case you hadn't read it. I don't believe he is a gang member but I do believe that his associations WITH known gang members go deeper than your average Bucks County white kids throwing signs. Deep down I think you do too but the burden of proof is on me I guess. We'll see what happens.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I posted the article that originally broke the story in case you hadn't read it. I don't believe he is a gang member but I do believe that his associations WITH known gang members go deeper than your average Bucks County white kids throwing signs. Deep down I think you do too but the burden of proof is on me I guess. We'll see what happens.
I have no fuckin' doubt that he "knows" and "associates" with gang members.

Did you read Richard Sherman's editorial on the matter? Seems perfectly reasonable to me.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Yeah I read it but I trust Richard Sherman's judgment less than DeSean Jackson's. Jason Whitlock of all people took Sherman to task for his views. It's a circus at this point.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The Crips release DeSean Jackson over concerns about his affiliation with the Washington Redskins.

http://www.sportspickle.com/2014/04/cri ... ganization
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

You guys are turning this place into an NFC East circle jerk!

Can't we talk about anything but the Redskins and DJax around here?

But for real, this offense could be completely sick. For all the jokes about no 1st round pick, #34 ain't bad, and looks like there might be a high quality RT just waiting there at the top of the 2nd round.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Crazy Levi wrote:You guys are turning this place into an NFC East circle jerk!

Can't we talk about anything but the Redskins and DJax around here?

But for real, this offense could be completely sick. For all the jokes about no 1st round pick, #34 ain't bad, and looks like there might be a high quality RT just waiting there at the top of the 2nd round.

It was funny, and it's the offseason not much else to talk about right now until Chris Johnson gets signed and inevitably goes off on the Titans.
scarred but smarter
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

Honestly, other than this message board, nobody gives a fuck about Washington. And it's one guy. The Skins are one of 32 teams and they're in the bottom half in talent and production. Some good players with potential but nothing fully realized. You have no idea what they'll be like under Gruden. Wait and see.
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

bigbuttskinner wrote:Honestly, other than this message board, nobody gives a fuck about Washington. And it's one guy. The Skins are one of 32 teams and they're in the bottom half in talent and production. Some good players with potential but nothing fully realized. You have no idea what they'll be like under Gruden. Wait and see.
Yes, nobody gives a shit about Washington.

Still, it's gonna be fucking hell playing them if the line can play to at least middling ability.

You got Jackson - one of the fastest and most dynamic WRs in the entire league - on one side.

You got Pierre Garcon on the other side - the league's leading reciever in receptions on the other.

And you got a solid #3 - Roberts - in the slot.

So you can't stack 8 in the box like you did all season. Alfred Morris can run all over the place.

This is what I've been begging for for about a decade. This team is Young and fast. I can't believe it's finally happening.

Man I like it.

I like it a lot.

As far as Chris Johnson...why would anybody sign that guy? He's 30. Trust me...there are TONS of moronic Redskins fans clamoring for this guy. Ridiculous.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Hahhaahhaa

Get back to us after game 4 Levi...

I do agree on one thing.. Alfred Morris. Guy's a beast..

No need for C. Johnson in Washington.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I've quit following the Chris Johnson story, but I would think AZ would be a good fit for him, if he can still perform. They've got all the pieces in place for him to do well.
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

sin wrote:I've quit following the Chris Johnson story, but I would think AZ would be a good fit for him, if he can still perform. They've got all the pieces in place for him to do well.
Good RBs are a fucking dime a dozen. Who needs the headache?

Guys like CJ have absolutely no leverage in the modern NFL and they are always the last to realize it.

I couldn't believe when the Browns wasted their top 2 pick on Trent Richardson.

And then again when the Colts wasted a 1st round pick to trade for him. No doubt Irsay was in the midst of a bender.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

DeSean Jackson won't work out with his new team until next week, a team source said. He told coaches before signing that he had a vacation scheduled for this week based on Eagles players not needing to report until April 21.

Vacation before football.......
Crazy Levi wrote:We are excited in DC.

No big fuckin deal really.
Washington is excited and of course it's not big deal if it's a disaster......

Mike Barrow - six-year, $11.6 million never sat foot on the field
Jeremiah Trotter -7/36m released after 2 seasons
Steve Spurrier - LOL
Antwaan Randle El - 31m avg around 500yds
Brandon Lloyd - 2 years 22 catches
Jeff George - 4/14m started 7 games in two years & 2 to open his last 1w 9L ?
Dana Stubblefield - 6/36m gutter in 3 years
Bruce Smith - 5/23m released early
Adam Archuleta, SS - 6/30m Skins = made highest-paid player at their position, released after a year.
Deion Sanders, CB - eight-year, $56 million lasted one season
Albert Haynesworth, DT - seven-year, $100 million

Nothing changed, really, since it was a known fact that Haynesworth is the type of player who shows up the most when he wants to get paid. Haynesworth went from being the top defensive lineman in the NFL in 2008 to out of football in 2012

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1561 ... ns-history
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:DeSean Jackson won't work out with his new team until next week, a team source said. He told coaches before signing that he had a vacation scheduled for this week based on Eagles players not needing to report until April 21.

Vacation before football.......
Crazy Levi wrote:We are excited in DC.

No big fuckin deal really.
Washington is excited and of course it's not big deal if it's a disaster......

Mike Barrow - six-year, $11.6 million never sat foot on the field
Jeremiah Trotter -7/36m released after 2 seasons
Steve Spurrier - LOL
Antwaan Randle El - 31m avg around 500yds
Brandon Lloyd - 2 years 22 catches
Jeff George - 4/14m started 7 games in two years & 2 to open his last 1w 9L ?
Dana Stubblefield - 6/36m gutter in 3 years
Bruce Smith - 5/23m released early
Adam Archuleta, SS - 6/30m Skins = made highest-paid player at their position, released after a year.
Deion Sanders, CB - eight-year, $56 million lasted one season
Albert Haynesworth, DT - seven-year, $100 million

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1561 ... ns-history
These deals all predate the Shanahan era, and are NOTHING like this deal which is only three years. If it doesn't work out it won't haunt the team for 5 years like the Haynesworth deal and so many other put together by the horrible GM duo of Snyder/Cerrato.

Irrelevant.

And why should Djax take his vacation? I'd take it too and so would you. Shit was already planned before the new gig.

A week ago you were whining about his "demands" for RG3's number which was a joke.

Stop being a moron and a drama queen. Another pissed off Raiders fan because Jackson canceled his visit out there.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:A week ago you were whining about his "demands" for RG3's number which was a joke.

Stop being a moron and a drama queen. Another pissed off Raiders fan because Jackson canceled his visit out there.
Whining, moron, drama queen, pissed......Look in the mirror, C13. You go through every emotion every year. Were not even too the draft and you haven't shut up for 4 fucking pages while defending every single DJ post in this thread.

I already said DJ has something to prove, he'll do fine going into the season but if they start loosing or if DJ doesn't get the ball enough let's see who does the whining...Like you did during last years 3 win season. Whining, moron, drama queen, pissed then depressed.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Lol

Yet another locker room dipshit whining about my "constant redskins posts" while making constant Redskins posts.

It's not my fault everyone here including yourself wants to talk about nothing but the Redskins.

There are other teams in the NFL to discuss you know!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:And why should Djax take his vacation? I'd take it too and so would you. Shit was already planned before the new gig.

You're right, everyone walks into a new job and says, great! Can't wait to start! But I'll show up after my vacation....It's already planned, you understand. Jus dont be gettin all up in my grill cauz I be givin my 2cents on dis 187 den be chillin wid my B so if U gotz any questions ax me now.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:And why should Djax take his vacation? I'd take it too and so would you. Shit was already planned before the new gig.

You're right, everyone walks into a new job and says, great! Can't wait to start! But I'll show up after my vacation....It's already planned, you understand. Jus dont be gettin all up in my grill cauz I be givin my 2cents on dis 187 den be chillin wid my B so if U gotz any questions ax me now.

None of this nonsense will matter when Djax is taking deep balls to da hizouse.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

None of this nonsense will matter when Djax is taking deep balls to da hizouse.
JACCCPOTTT YA HURR????

Wait until you have to read his tweets. Holy shit it makes your head just throb.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

As a general rule I stay away from NFL players' tweets.
WTF

Post by WTF »

You mean like Brandon Spikes' tweets about the Patriots?

Apparently he was whipped, beaten and not paid by the Patriots. Fucking bitch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... r-patriots
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:As a general rule I stay away from NFL players' tweets.

I'm the drama queen when it's the players on your fucking team Tweeting in public over jersey numbers....Your words "it's a joke" then you say "As a rule I stay away from tweets"

Crazy Levi - The Swami!

This is like the time you had no idea who RGIII was till the day he thew a football in preseason, said Grossman was going to be the QB and the SKINS drafted some other QB so they could trade him later on for high draft picks.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:None of this nonsense will matter when Djax is taking deep balls to da hizouse.

It didn't matter last year when they finished 3-13 either.