The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Peyton Manning owns 25 Papa John’s in the Denver area and says his business are booming and credits it to Colorado legalizing pot.

Get a free dime bag with every Large Extra Topping Pizza!

http://network.yardbarker.com/author/ar ... idget=true

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anheuser-Busch 1.2 billion dollar sponsor 'not satisfied' with NFL's handling of off-field issues...I'd love to see them pull out.
------------------------------------------------------------------
The hotel chain Radisson suspended its sponsorship of the Minnesota Vikings this week after Adrian Peterson wins father of the year award.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Procter & Gamble has reportedly put the kibosh on a "major initiative" with the NFL because of the league's ongoing domestic violence controversy. Guess no more pink flags in October.

Crest believes Breast Cancer Awareness is a critically important program to support women and their health, and, as planned, is making a $100,000 donation to the American Cancer Society for breast cancer awareness and will participate in media and retailer activities to help drive attention to the cause. The brand has decided to cancel on-field activation with NFL teams.

The nixed deal would be the largest, and most tangible, blowback for the league since its treatment of domestic abusers became a national mainstream topic of outrage in July. Other brands have issued critical statements, but none have so far been reported to ax league-wide sponsorship deals.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Gordon's Suspension Reduced to 10 Games then get's his court verdict the same week that could raise his suspension 2 more games?

Josh Gordon pleads guilty to DWI in Raleigh on Tuesday, gets probation.
However, the DWI guilty plea could potentially complicate things, as it's believed a conviction of a DWI under the new policy would result in a two-game suspension.
Gordon was arrested for speeding and DWI in Raleigh over the July 4 weekend while driving a car owned by Hornets forward P.J. Hairston.

So does Josh get 10 or 12? Looks like Josh will still be selling cars for a few more months.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I could really not care any less about these NFL scandals anymore. They dropped the ball, got in trouble and are now doing what every company does and trying to appease their critics. You can't do much more then suspend Rice indefinitely. I can understand why the Vikings wouldn't want to fire their best player as well.

Whatever it takes to get Goodell out of office. The next person up will have so much work to do cleaning up the NFL's reputation they won't have time to implement their own idea's on how to ruin the game.
scarred but smarter
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Friday Sept 20th. Anyone see Goodell waste of time? It's like Oliver North had plastic surgery.

NFL needed a decisive leader and Roger Goodell punts instead.

Roger Goodell would have been better served typing up his opening statement and posting it on the NFL's website than doing what he did Friday in New York.

Problem: Goodell couldn't answer the questions. Not the hardest ones. He could answer the softballs, like this inane question from someone named Dan -- "Hi Roger, how are ya?" -- and this setup question from Sports Illustrated's Peter King, who put it on a tee for the NFL commissioner when he asked him, "Are all 32 owners behind you?"
Goodell, knowing an ESPN-worthy sound bite when he smells one, put on his best steely-eyed stare and said, "I have support of owners."
Film at 11.
------
Until then, we have this horrible press conference to digest -- this lame attempt by Goodell to get out front of a story that has left tire tracks all over his $2,500 suit. Goodell disappeared shortly after the second Ray Rice video emerged, the one that showed Rice actually punching his fiancee into unconsciousness and finally caused Goodell to give Rice a serious (and possibly lifetime) suspension.

This was Roger Goodell making like Bud Selig and shrugging helplessly. For damn near a half-hour.

Goodell spent 45 minutes on Friday telling us that a hard-nosed approach on domestic violence is the right thing to do, but hell if he knows how the NFL will get it done. Hell if he knows how TMZ got its hands on the second Ray Rice video when the NFL couldn't.

Hell if he knows what the 49ers should do with Ray McDonald, who was arrested on charges of felony domestic violence against his pregnant girlfriend, and who remains on the active roster.

I'm persuaded that Goodell should have posted a statement on Facebook, pressed the "like" button, and been done with it.

Goodell says he hasn't considered resigning
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mongo
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Mongo »

UtahRatt wrote:Friday Sept 20th. Anyone see Goodell waste of time? It's like Oliver North had plastic surgery.

NFL needed a decisive leader and Roger Goodell punts instead.

Roger Goodell would have been better served typing up his opening statement and posting it on the NFL's website than doing what he did Friday in New York.

Problem: Goodell couldn't answer the questions. Not the hardest ones. He could answer the softballs, like this inane question from someone named Dan -- "Hi Roger, how are ya?" -- and this setup question from Sports Illustrated's Peter King, who put it on a tee for the NFL commissioner when he asked him, "Are all 32 owners behind you?"
Goodell, knowing an ESPN-worthy sound bite when he smells one, put on his best steely-eyed stare and said, "I have support of owners."
Film at 11.
------
Until then, we have this horrible press conference to digest -- this lame attempt by Goodell to get out front of a story that has left tire tracks all over his $2,500 suit. Goodell disappeared shortly after the second Ray Rice video emerged, the one that showed Rice actually punching his fiancee into unconsciousness and finally caused Goodell to give Rice a serious (and possibly lifetime) suspension.

This was Roger Goodell making like Bud Selig and shrugging helplessly. For damn near a half-hour.

Goodell spent 45 minutes on Friday telling us that a hard-nosed approach on domestic violence is the right thing to do, but hell if he knows how the NFL will get it done. Hell if he knows how TMZ got its hands on the second Ray Rice video when the NFL couldn't.

Hell if he knows what the 49ers should do with Ray McDonald, who was arrested on charges of felony domestic violence against his pregnant girlfriend, and who remains on the active roster.

I'm persuaded that Goodell should have posted a statement on Facebook, pressed the "like" button, and been done with it.

Goodell says he hasn't considered resigning

It's pretty sad when the hardest question asked comes from TMZ.
It just seems that so many of these writers and news agencies don't want to do anything to jeopardize their standing with the NFL.
"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Lawn Darts and Tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:I could really not care any less about these NFL scandals anymore. They dropped the ball, got in trouble and are now doing what every company does and trying to appease their critics. You can't do much more then suspend Rice indefinitely. I can understand why the Vikings wouldn't want to fire their best player as well.

Whatever it takes to get Goodell out of office. The next person up will have so much work to do cleaning up the NFL's reputation they won't have time to implement their own idea's on how to ruin the game.
I love this explosion. The only way the NFL will change is by public/media outcry so I want to see an NFL riot like is was based in Ferguson, Mo, with teargas, looters and NFL sponsors scrambling to close their bank accounts. The more flame under this bitch the more chance Goodell will get punched in an elevator, resign or get fired.

The good part so far is "the NFL is too violent" has taken a back seat and is back on the field where it belongs. Like the link that was just posted, are we going to make Boxers wear head gear now? It's turned into a joke and Goodell's juggling act is destroying it every step of the way. Time to Lynch Goodell to a goal post.

I hate Troy Aikman but when he announced that last game and said "I understand protecting the QB but this has gone way too far" I was a fan for a second. And I hear statements like that every game.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Fran Tarkenton is right - AP is an embarrassment to the Vikings. Almost as much as Neversurrender.

Where is that guy anyway?
Probably in a room that looks like Ray Finkle's blaming the whole thing on Roger Goodell.

I can just imagine the excuses, a fanatic fans favorite player, you know it was the kids fault for one. Not anyone's business for two.

What to do with Adrian Beaterson
After winning the Father Of The Year Award the Vikings need to cut AP. He's on the down side making millions more then any other RB and at a time when RB's salaries are down and they wont be able to trade him.
2014 - $14,400,000
2015 - $15,400,000
2016 - $15,000,000
2017 - $17,000,000

Adrian Peterson signed a 6 year / $86.28 million contract with the Minnesota Vikings, including a $12,000,000 signing bonus, $36,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $14,380,000.

You could buy a fleet of RB's with his salary or you could but two or three of the top RB's with AP's paycheck.

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/running-back/

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vi ... -peterson/
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

After the Dildo Boat and players almost getting in trouble with the FBI for sex trafficking, you would think the Vikings owners would get their shit together.
"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Lawn Darts and Tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dion Jordan banned until Oct. 20

Miami Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan, the third overall draft pick in 2013, was suspended four games without pay Friday for violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse, the league announced. This is another roadblock for Jordan, who struggled with injuries during his rookie year and now has back-to-back suspensions in his second season.

First Dion get's tagged with a PED suspension then he get's hit with a substance abuse while serving his suspension. He'll miss a total of 6 games.

It must be nice.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11553 ... ance-abuse
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Denver at Seattle - Anyone gonna pick it?

Seattle at home.

Denver payback.

Fuck if I know, with the Hawk's loss last week I'm leaning towards Seattle in a close game. 28-24
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

My opinion is biased obviously but here it is.

It is at Seattle, the biggest home game they will play all year.

They lost to both AFC West teams they played in the preseason that includes the Raiders. That makes me believe they played a vanilla game plan at the least then.

Sometimes a team just has your number.
scarred but smarter
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

UtahRatt wrote:Denver at Seattle - Anyone gonna pick it?

Seattle at home.

Denver payback.

Fuck if I know, with the Hawk's loss last week I'm leaning towards Seattle in a close game. 28-24
Denver, this is Peyton Manning in top September form with a grudge, not post season Peyton Manning.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Former Tennessee Titan PK Rob Bironas killed in car accident last night:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11563 ... icker-dies
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Former Tennessee Titan PK Rob Bironas killed in car accident last night:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11563 ... icker-dies

Saw that this morning. Really sad. I feel bad for his family and the Bradshaw family.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

How cool would it be to have Terry Bradshaw as your father in law?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:How cool would it be to have Terry Bradshaw as your father in law?
Terry is a funny guy.
Total Redneck.
He is big into pigeon racing. I have a close friend who competes against Terry so we see him regularly.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

AliceManson wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Denver at Seattle - Anyone gonna pick it?

Seattle at home.

Denver payback.

Denver, this is Peyton Manning in top September form with a grudge, not post season Peyton Manning.
I took Seattle minus the points
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Is there still any doubt that Cousins is the Skins QB going forward?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Gritt wrote:Is there still any doubt that Cousins is the Skins QB going forward?
The guy is scarily methodical. Also, DeSean is a cunt.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

The Browns may not be too bad. The Patriots may not be too good.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

That was a nice throw by Cousins to Jacccpot. Horrible missed tackle by Cary Williams too but still pretty clutch by DeSean.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Terrific win by Dallas. Down by 20 early.
Murray gets 3rd consecutive 100 yard game.
Dallas D continues to exceed expectations.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

#92 DL on Skins with a cheap hit on the QB.
Hope Goodell can suspend him and take some of his paycheck.
Post possession foul. Against the rules. He compounds the mistake
by fighting like a PK
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

Gritt wrote:Is there still any doubt that Cousins is the Skins QB going forward?
Cousins overall played well but lost to the Eagles who are 3-0 woohoo! :mrgreen:
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Great day of football. Saints got a win!!

Green Bay looked horrible. No one seemed to click on offense.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Mongo wrote:Great day of football. Saints got a win!!

What in the GRAMATICA happened to #55 on the Lions?
Dork wrecks his knee celebrating after a play. MORON!

Still unsure I like the NFL overtime rule. Seattle wins the toss, scored a TD
and game over. Other team never gets a chance.
Rule should be changed to give each team the ball a minimum of 1 time in the
OT period.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Machado wrote:

OT period.

Yea after the Denver comeback it was kind of disappointing to see only Seattle get the ball.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Don't worry now that the rule has hurt Peyton Manning I'm sure it will get changed. If he had just played better the whole game he wouldn't have to go to overtime.
scarred but smarter
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

sin wrote:Don't worry now that the rule has hurt Peyton Manning I'm sure it will get changed. If he had just played better the whole game he wouldn't have to go to overtime.
Told you the Seahawks would cover the 4 1/2 point spread
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Mongo wrote:
Machado wrote:

OT period.

Yea after the Denver comeback it was kind of disappointing to see only Seattle get the ball.
That shit is going too far. This isn't college.

With the game on the line, if you can't stop your opponent from driving 80 yards for a TD, you deserve to lose.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Levi
Nothing wrong with guaranteeing both teams get the ball at least
once in OT.

Way too much of an advantage for the teams who receiving the ball first.

Fun to discuss.