Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:Special day! Season Long Retirement Tour! Why do Yankee players think they're KISS?
Sept 6th Quote

-------------------------------------------------

KISS tribute video for Jeter Sept 10th

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.j ... d=36121569

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Jeter is a classy guy, no one is arguing that.

MVP? Nope, never, not even close. Not once.
Best player on any MFY team he's been on? Never.
Get the fuck over it. If he wasn't a Yankee, no one would care. He's not even the only HOF player retiring this year, but he's a Yankee.

Goddamn, you are fucking dumb.
Run Forrest! Run!
Jorge Posada says Derek Jeter greatest Yankee ever!

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-bas ... ankee-ever
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

:shock:

Someone needs to give Jorge a history lesson.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Poster - He’s already got the range of someone wearing a bronze cap.
No shit. He wears his "Gold Gloves" when he fields, that's probably why he converts less balls into outs hit to him THAN ANYONE IN BASEBALL.

I got into it a while back with a MFY fan ( think Machado level ). He was all "he doesn't have very many errors." Yeah, it's next to impossible to commit an error when you can't get to anything.

Ove2ated.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:No shit. He wears his "Gold Gloves" when he fields, that's probably why he converts less balls into outs hit to him THAN ANYONE IN BASEBALL.

I got into it a while back with a MFY fan ( think Machado level ). He was all "he doesn't have very many errors." Yeah, it's next to impossible to commit an error when you can't get to anything.

Ove2ated.
I hear the same shit, he's no Rey Ordonez, Jeter has the range of Cecil Fielder if it' not hit within two feet of Jeter it's a hit.
How many hit's would have been taken away if they had an average to good SS all year.

And this year long ball washing tour is an arrogant no class haven Yankee "we're special and above the game" thing

The Rockies Todd Helton without out a doubt the best player that team ever had didn't announce his retirement till mid September last season saying he didn't want the inevitable curtain calls and gifts.
Yet the yankee's like KISS will milk ever cow over the course of an entire season. The only players I recall having such a circus is....Well, the first one that comes to mind is that yankees Pitcher who cried on the mound for 10 minutes.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

I really hope Seattle can pull a playoff spot.

With the yankees 4.5 out? and 3 teams to jump over, is it safe to say they're not going to make the wildcard? I mean at least they had the Jeter distraction tour but are they out?

Say they're out. Say it....Say it!

------------------------------------------------------------

Miami just fell .5 behind the Mets.........Come on FISH! At the beginning I told the gods to push them to 3rd or 2nd place. They wasn't going to finish last but they've been hit hard down the stretch with all the injuries and problems. Hang in there Marlins or Florida. 3rd PLACE TROPHY!

---------------------------------------------

SF 3.5 behind the Dodgers going into LA for a 3 game set. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

To finish it out:
SF - home. Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, vs Padres, who just sweep them 3 in a row
LA - home. Fri, Sat, Sun, vs Rockies

That extra game is going to make it a tough week for the Giant's. I'll think they'll pull out ok and at the very least take the card spot easily. It's the burn out after 7 games to end the season. That's a rough road.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Seattle has been playing pretty shitty recently. If they do miss the playoffs, I believe the main reason is Iwakuma falling apart down the stretch. I wonder if he's hiding an injury. He gave up 4 ER in 4IP and still struck out 8.

I think Houston is going to be competitive in one to two years. Jack Zduriencik and Theo Epstein should take note on that's how to build a team. Jeff Luhnow has done it in a few years.

Speaking of Houston, 5'6" hit machine Jose Altuve hit his 219th with a double off Iwakuma. He passed Rod Carew with most hits in a season and franchise leader Craig Biggio ( 210 ).

With the injuries SF has been dealt this season and Tim Hudson losing his shit, I'm losing confidence in them continuing every other year right now. They could still do it though, even if they got swept by San Diego.

Atlanta fires GM Frank Wren when the Braves were eliminated from the playoffs.

Piece of shit commissioner Bud Selig announces new committee to study pace of game. I got a tip on how to speed it up. Stop letting the batters call time after every single practice swing.
"They need to put a stop to that. You couldn't do it in my day, Sandy ( Koufax ) or Josh ( Gibson ) would put a fastball in your temple." - Hank Aaron.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Earlier Vin Scully announced he would return for the 2015 season. I can't recall if I brought that up already. Which leads to my point "why MLB Extra Innings Package kicks ass. You get to choose who's broadcast you want to hear.

I'm watching the Giants at the Dodgers and while I think Kuiper and Krukow ( SF CSN ) are two of the best in ball. Being able to listen to Vin instead is a fucking treat.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Keith Olbermann NAILS IT re Derek Jeter:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/201 ... _tour.html
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

WOLF wrote:Keith Olbermann NAILS IT re Derek Jeter:

:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:
WOLF wrote:Keith Olbermann NAILS IT re Derek Jeter:

Had me in tears. Watch the yankees miss the playoffs and have a World Jeter parade.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

MLB hoping it doesn't rain on Derek Jeter parade - weather could be problem for final Yankee Stadium game!
The idea of a rainout is essentially untenable because there are no open days on the schedule for either team before the season is supposed to end on Sunday.

There is a decent chance of rain for Thursday night when Derek Jeter is scheduled to play at Yankee Stadium for the final time. If the bad weather shows up, Major League Baseball’s plan is to do whatever it takes to get the game in and not end up looking all wet in the process.

Next Monday is left open on the schedule in case ties related to making the playoffs need to be broken, but unless Baltimore’s seeding for the playoffs hangs in the balance, the Orioles aren’t going to see any purpose in coming back.

“What happens if we get rained out on Thursday? We got to come back here on Monday?” Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said. Then, grinning, he added, “Will we have another Jeter day? It will rain (Thursday), but we’ll play.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.1950569
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FOXSports - No postseason for Derek Jeter New York Yankees!

NYdailynews - Derek Jeter goes hitless as Yankees are eliminated from playoffs!

NYPOST - Yankees officially eliminated from playoffs with loss to Orioles!

USATODAY - Jeter, Yankees eliminated from playoff contention!

WashingtonTimes - Derek Jeter, Yankees eliminated from playoff contention!

Yankees manager Joe Girardi, who watched his team battle injuries and slumps all year, says it certainly wasn't Jeter's fault that the team is staying home. Jeter remained in the No. 2 spot in the batting order despite batting .207 in August, and endured an 0-for-28 skid in September, the second-longest slump of his career.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Earlier Vin Scully announced he would return for the 2015 season. I can't recall if I brought that up already. Which leads to my point "why MLB Extra Innings Package kicks ass. You get to choose who's broadcast you want to hear.

I'm watching the Giants at the Dodgers and while I think Kuiper and Krukow ( SF CSN ) are two of the best in ball. Being able to listen to Vin instead is a fucking treat.
Kill
What did you think of the beanball against Puig? I agree with Schill and Kruk from ESPN
Puig either needs to charge the mound and be a man or walk to 1st base and say nothing.

Puig is a pussy. Madison was fired up like a hockey goon and might have hurt Puig badly if Puig stepped towards him.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

King Felix let his team down yesterday in Toronto.
Does that performance ruin his chances to win the Cy Young
Does losing the biggest game in Sept diminish what King Felix
has done this season

Shocked to see him get shelled when his team needed him the most.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Earlier Vin Scully announced he would return for the 2015 season. I can't recall if I brought that up already. Which leads to my point "why MLB Extra Innings Package kicks ass. You get to choose who's broadcast you want to hear.

I got laugh and wished I could remember Scully's quote towards the end of that game. "He swung at that pitch like he was angry, I haven't seen someone swing a bat that angry since...? A babe quote or something.

It's nice, finally found a Dodgers coverage Scully stream. Glad to hear he's coming back, Vin hasn't missed a beat and sadly I already miss him knowing he's like 109 years old. And still sounds like he's 45.

And Puig is kind of a bitch. I say kind of because I have to like him. But I really don't. He hit a HR and came back with a beautiful throw out to 3rd an inning ago.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:King Felix let his team down yesterday in Toronto.
Does that performance ruin his chances to win the Cy Young
Does losing the biggest game in Sept diminish what King Felix
has done this season

Shocked to see him get shelled when his team needed him the most.

I think it does a little but...I really haven't matched numbers because he's been pitching like he came from another planet. I hope he gets it's regardless.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Puig either needs to charge the mound and be a man or walk to 1st base and say nothing.
I don't think it matters what Puig say's going to first unless they put in an interpreter to run with him as he bitches.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers clinch the NL West.

Dodgers 9 Giants 1 - Kershaw(W, 21-3) 8IP 8H 1ER 0BB 11SO 1.77ERA
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

CWW Chris Sale drilled V. Martinez today & accuses V. Martinez of having
someone in the stands relaying signs to the batter.
I give Sale a lot of credit for doing this because he was sailing at that point in the game.
Ended up getting the loss.
Tigers manager called the play weak and
V. Martinez denies having someone in the stands relaying signs to him at the plate
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:

Kill
What did you think of the beanball against Puig? I agree with Schill and Kruk from ESPN
Puig either needs to charge the mound and be a man or walk to 1st base and say nothing.

Puig is a pussy. Madison was fired up like a hockey goon and might have hurt Puig badly if Puig stepped towards him.
I think he should get a fastball to the temple. The guy is a great talent, but acts like an ass.

Diamondbacks hire Roger Clemens' daddy Dave Stewart to be their new GM.

Giants clinch last WC spot in NL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

In The Bronx tonight

Jeter's last game at home

Could also be Kuroda's last game ever and the same
might be said for Ichiro
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Jeter's last game at home
Thank fucking god..........

Fifty bucks says he throws out the first pitch opening day next year. They'll have Jeter bobble head remembrance day next season and in the off season he'll write a book and do a book tour.

When's the Jeter parade? Do they have a Jeter bronze statue yet?

Will Jeter cry on the mound for 10 minutes and come out for 5 curtain calls?

Will he thank the fans for sucking his cock all year while he sucked in the field helping the yankees miss the playoffs?

How many solbber fests has he had so far? Did they do one in every stadium?

In all honestly, with all the hit's he gave up that turn into runs think they would have picked up 5 games? With his lowly 250avg in the 2nd hole, replaced him with at least an average SS the could have picked up a couple more?

Jeter knocked the yankees out of the playoffs all by himself, funny part is, reading posts about yankees fans saying it. Actually, it's all funny.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

Beyond scripted and rigged moment to end the Jeter circus at Yankee Stadium. Shame on the Orioles for playing to this foolishness.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Jeter wins the game tonite with single to right in bottom of the ninth. For his finale in The Bronx, Jeter is the hero.
Nice!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pittsburgh vs Giants - Who you picking? Will Barry Bonds toss out the opening pitch?

If Bonds weighed the same with the Pirates as he did with the Giant's the Pittsburgh Pirates would have been known as the quadruple bee's

Barry Bonds, Bobby Bonilla, Jay Bell and Barry Bonds.

-------------------------------

The A's have lost 3 in a row and are 3-7 in their last ten while Seattle just watches and goes 4-6 two games back.

While Texas the worst team beats up the A's and goes 9-1 in their last 10.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed 24th
Mark Buehrle became the seventh pitcher since 1901 to toss at least 200 innings in 14 consecutive seasons. In his final start of 2014, the veteran left-hander was three outs away from a complete game, earning his 199th career win in a duel with Seattle rookie Taijuan Walker.

Sea 0 Tor 1
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Jeter wins the game tonite with single to right in bottom of the ninth. For his finale in The Bronx, Jeter is the hero.
Nice!!!
As they go home for the playoffs.

Jeter for the season - 255AVG 4HR 47R 49RBI 86SO

He is a hero, without him they might have made the playoffs. 4 games out.

BYE BYE Jeter.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

fastermetallicat wrote:Beyond scripted and rigged moment to end the Jeter circus at Yankee Stadium. Shame on the Orioles for playing to this foolishness.
Certainly seemed that way but I didn't have a problem with it......unless the O's still had a chance at best record.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Kirk Gibson and Alan Trammel released by Diamondbacks.

Nationals lock up homefield through playoffs.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:Kirk Gibson and Alan Trammel released by Diamondbacks.

Nationals lock up homefield through playoffs.

With the Orioles' loss tonight, Angels get it for the AL. With their rotation they'll need it. Weaver sucks on the road and he's the only even semi-reliable starter they have. The offense will have to carry them.