Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:That game was one for the ages.

Goddamn, I love postseason baseball!
I'm with ya!...............Clearly so do Yankees fans! They're fucking crying and I'm fucking liking it. They got spanked out of the playoffs like Adrian Peterson was their babysitter.

Suck on that Manchowder.

Manchado: yer dumb, yer moron.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Cubs finish 5th 5 years in a row. Super.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

johnk5150 wrote:Cubs finish 5th 5 years in a row. Super.
Don't they have some good talent in the foundation, admittedly I know less about the Cub's this year then previous but don't they have a lot to look forward too?

What do you know about Darwin Barney? Will the move ever help his bat?

He popped up the other day I didn't anything about him. All I know is he's 28 with a hell of a glove but with the Dodgers log jammed at 2nd I don't know what role he's going to play.
With Gordon having his break out year and the Dodgers paying bank to bring in Alex Guerrero off the Cuban boat I don't know what Barney's going to do.
Hanley Ramirez contract ends and is a hole at SS even with his needed bat I get the feeling he's gone after the season leaving a hole a SS

No SS's and a long jam at 2nd means someones coming in, moving out or moving over. Rumors of moving the untested 2B from Cuba to SS doesn't sound like a good idea. Can't get rid of Gordon or Alex.
No idea if Darwin can make the move or has played any SS.

My guess is using Darwin to back up Gordon, dump Hanley Ramirez and move Alex to SS.

Anyway, I watched a couple CUB's series, they seem to be ready to turn the corner and start the climb outta the basement.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

They won more games than the Red Sox.
Worst to first to worst.
:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Facedown wrote:
They won more games than the Red Sox.
Worst to first to worst.
:lol:
Cherington will more than likely turn the team around next season again. Big market, big money, big farm ( top 3 ranking ).

Again what I find fascinating is watching what Theo does. 5 years is usually the time period it takes to see the rebuild/draft picks work out ( e.g. Zduriencik/Mariners, Luhnow/Astros ). Last time I checked with Baseball America, they had Chicago's farm ranked pretty high. Plus Epstein is going to battle with Cashman for Jon Lester. Both have $$$.

If I was a Cubs fan I would be getting sick of waiting, but I really believe they are almost there. I'll ask the same question I've been asking since 2003. "Is Epstein a genius or Duquette's beneficiary?" I'm excited to see Houston next season. Don't be surprised if the Cubbies are the underdogs that could too. We'll know more after the Winter Meetings.

Epstein has had this plan in place for a while now. Except now if it doesn't work out he can't blame it on Lucchino. Was it Lucchino's fault? We're about to find out.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Madison Bumgarner shutout Pittsburgh 8-0. Brandon Crawford hit a grandslam in the 4th ( 3rd Giant to hit one in the postseason with Will Clark being the last in 1989. First SS in baseball history to do it. ), to give SF the lead.

As more complete of a team the Pirates were, so was Texas, so was Detroit. The Division Series starting Friday against Washington and St. Louis against LA should be awesome.

The NL Cy Battle is game 1. Wainwright @ Kershaw could go down in the history books.
Last edited by killeverything on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Beans looks dumb now that the A's tanked
He traded his best hitter for a rental pitchter that they probably can not
afford in the off season
Beane is the only fucking reason the A's got there let alone been a competitive team and you're going to blame a one 12 inning wildcard game loss on "DUMB"? When you shake your head do you hear the BB rattle around?

Not to mention I swear to fuck you huffed paint growing up because the only words you know is.........DUMB and MORON. I guess that comes from looking in the mirror everyday.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Beans looks dumb now that the A's tanked
He traded his best hitter for a rental pitchter that they probably can not
afford in the off season
Beane is the only fucking reason the A's got there let alone been a competitive team and you're going to blame a one 12 inning wildcard game loss on "DUMB"? When you shake your head do you hear the BB rattle around?

Not to mention I swear to fuck you huffed paint growing up because the only words you know is.........DUMB and MORON. I guess that comes from looking in the mirror everyday.
Tell this to the bay area media. Who cares what he has done in the past, it is all about what he did earlier this summer when trading the best bat for a rental pitcher(who lost the big game). The pitcher who they asked to win in the playoffs and failed.
If the trade resulted in a WS appearance, Beane is a genius. Anything short of that and he is ripe for criticism.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Tell this to the bay area media. Who cares what he has done in the past, it is all about what he did earlier this summer when trading the best bat for a rental pitcher(who lost the big game). The pitcher who they asked to win in the playoffs and failed.
If the trade resulted in a WS appearance, Beane is a genius. Anything short of that and he is ripe for criticism.
The only criticism is coming out of your ass. I'm sure Beane cares, oh you mean when he traded half his team and Giambi?
Oakland has had a lot of success under beane and this year he made the wildcard game with like an 80m Budget.

The Yankees had what, almost a quarter of a BILLION budget and lost their ass, 12 games out of first place....who's dumb now? Look in the mirror.

KC, another low budget team in the same boat as Oakland but hasn't known what winning is like since PineTar and the dinosaurs went extinct.
Beane has had success and he didn't lose that 12 inning game, he's a fucking master just to have got there.

You could almost buy three Oakland teams with the Yankees budget, you fucking dummy.
Not everyone is a faggot fan of a team that can spend and buy anyone and everyone they want. And does. This isn't NY it's Oakland, they can't and don't go buy everyone on the market.

My team can but I'm still astonished at what Beane has accomplished with what little he's had to work with. Hat's off to Oakland and Beane. I love to watch small market teams in the playoffs while the Yankees sit home.

Dummy. Moron. Idiot. Stupid. Fucking Dolt.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Tell this to the bay area media. Who cares what he has done in the past, it is all about what he did earlier this summer when trading the best bat for a rental pitcher(who lost the big game). The pitcher who they asked to win in the playoffs and failed.

Show me these bay area media who are blasting the A's. I've read the Cronicals and others which all bring up the question but I don't see anyone bashing him. I read more talk about pinch hitting with Dunn.

It's funny how you say media and act like you clearly know more then Beane. Get the fuck over yourself. You're one of those people who are so dumb they believe in media hype. You've never been there, no clue what the bay area is like. Not to mention, most people read the paper and say....Oh bullshit.

Except you. To you they're the expurt.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Both Detroit and LAAAAA are learning the hard way how important it is to have a good bullpen. The Tigers went out and got Nathan; which looked like THE FA pickup and made them WS favorites. I was ready to fucking crown them champions in like February. Turned out closers are a fickle bunch. Which puts it into perspective how amazing it was what Rivera did and for how long.

Here's some perspective from Pedro ( who is still hilarious btw ).

Nobody that came out of the Detroit bullpen impressed anybody. I think Detroit it's in trouble as far as the bullpen its concerned.

Oh and Sports Illustrated just declared Wainwright and the Cardinals World Series winners. We know how that always ends. They should fucking riot in St. Louis. :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:The NL Cy Battle is game 1. Wainwright @ Kershaw could go down in the history books.
I don't think it's that close. It was understandable last year being close with Kershaw getting shafted because of run support but the numbers......Not taking anything away from Wainwright but Kershaw earned this one. Lost one game since May. 18-1 to close out the season from June 2nd to Sept 24th?

Adam Wainwright - 20W-9L 2.39ERA 179SO 1.03WHIP
Clayton Kershaw - 21W-3L 1.77ERA 238SO 0.86WHIP

I will say this, I don't want to see Wainwright in tomorrows game, don't care if he's pitching against Clayton I wouldn't bet on it. Actually, it should be one hell of a fucking game I can't wait to watch. It's a nervous match up from a fans perspective, just hope it's a good one. Either way. GAME ON!

Friday Oct 3rd - Kershaw vs Wainwright

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regular season series Dodgers won 4-3
Jun 26, 2014 Cardinals 0, Dodgers 1 Beckett, Wilson - Wainwright "L"
Jun 27, 2014 Cardinals 3, Dodgers 1
Jun 28, 2014 Cardinals 1, Dodgers 9
Jun 29, 2014 Cardinals 0, Dodgers 6 Kershaw W
Jul 18, 2014 Dodgers 2, Cardinals 3
Jul 19, 2014 Dodgers 2, Cardinals 4
Jul 20, 2014 Dodgers 4, Cardinals 3 Kershaw ND 3ER
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:The NL Cy Battle is game 1. Wainwright @ Kershaw could go down in the history books.
I don't think it's that close. It was understandable last year being close with Kershaw getting shafted because of run support but the numbers......Not taking anything away from Wainwright but Kershaw earned this one. Lost one game since May. 18-1 to close out the season from June 2nd to Sept 24th?

Adam Wainwright - 20W-9L 2.39ERA 179SO 1.03WHIP
Clayton Kershaw - 21W-3L 1.77ERA 238SO 0.86WHIP

I will say this, I don't want to see Wainwright in tomorrows game, don't care if he's pitching against Clayton I wouldn't bet on it. Actually, it should be one hell of a fucking game I can't wait to watch. It's a nervous match up from a fans perspective, just hope it's a good one. Either way. GAME ON!

Friday Oct 3rd - Kershaw vs Wainwright

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wainwright 227IP
Kershaw 198IP

Clayton missing time combined with Wainwright having a not to shabby season himself could be a difference maker. The BBWAA puts a lot of emphasis on innings pitched. I'm not saying it's right, but it would be the only thing to deter from Kershaw's amazing season ( only .03 away from catching Pedro in '00 unreal ).

Tomorrow's matchups are gonna be good. SF at Washington ( 2-5 against ) with Peavy vs. Strasburg on the mound is the other one to watch.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:Both Detroit and LAAAAA are learning the hard way how important it is to have a good bullpen. The Tigers went out and got Nathan; which looked like THE FA pickup and made them WS favorites. I was ready to fucking crown them champions in like February. Turned out closers are a fickle bunch. Which puts it into perspective how amazing it was what Rivera did and for how long.

Here's some perspective from Pedro ( who is still hilarious btw ).

Nobody that came out of the Detroit bullpen impressed anybody. I think Detroit it's in trouble as far as the bullpen its concerned.

Oh and Sports Illustrated just declared Wainwright and the Cardinals World Series winners. We know how that always ends. They should fucking riot in St. Louis. :lol:

The Angels bullpen is fine. It's the anemic offense (which was supposed to be a strength) that will do them in this post-season. The offense was terrible for the last two weeks of the regular season and that has carried over. I can't wait to see more of Pujols' great playoff stats as he pops up yet again or hits a weak grounder to 3B.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
I can see the Cards stealing game 1 today.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:
I can see the Cards stealing game 1 today.
I could see them beating LA in the series, they don't call it the SI cover jinx for nothin' though.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

So Baltimore is up 2-0 on the Tigers now :lol:

I learned today that the NLDS games are blocked online. You have to watch it on Foxsports. I'm not near a tv right now, no problem right? Wrong. I'm fucking furious. SF @ WAS? Wainwright vs. Kershaw? I called mlb to complain and attacked them on twitter. Told them they lost a customer ( they didn't shhhh ), etc.

Fuck cable/mlb.tv blackouts. If they wonder why nonsports like fucking soccer are going to surpass them in the ratings, there's the answer. Fucking assholes.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:So Baltimore is up 2-0 on the Tigers now :lol:

I learned today that the NLDS games are blocked online. You have to watch it on Foxsports. I'm not near a tv right now, no problem right? Wrong. I'm fucking furious. SF @ WAS? Wainwright vs. Kershaw? I called mlb to complain and attacked them on twitter. Told them they lost a customer ( they didn't shhhh ), etc.

Fuck cable/mlb.tv blackouts. If they wonder why nonsports like fucking soccer are going to surpass them in the ratings, there's the answer. Fucking assholes.
You are correct. No reason for these games to be blocked online. The biggest games of the season and fans like yourself are not allowed to watch.
That sure does make a lot of sense-not really!

My employer has a dedicated conference room for SF vs WAS. There might be roughly 3 dozen employees watching the game at the moment.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11537464
30 for 30 short:
Despite playing in the league for close to a decade, Mackey Sasser's MLB career is defined by one word, "Yips." Via interviews with Mackey and his sports psychologists, and a look at his treatment, this film examines the mental side of sports.

Forgot this guy had the "Yips" when playing with Mets.
Just watching the footage of him attempting to throw the ball back to the pitcher is stressful.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9828164
30 for 30 short:

Major league baseball's schedule affects the lives of millions of Americans. For 25 years, the masterminds behind the massive undertaking were The Stephensons. A husband and wife duo working with a computer, a pencil and a great deal of cooperation.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

Kershaw had an epic meltdown in the 7th. Jesus.

Hopefully the Nats get it together tomorrow. Ian Desmond needs to learn to not swing at everything. I never bought the Strasburg hype. Zimmermann and Fister will do better.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

fastermetallicat wrote:Kershaw had an epic meltdown in the 7th. Jesus.

Hopefully the Nats get it together tomorrow. Ian Desmond needs to learn to not swing at everything. I never bought the Strasburg hype. Zimmermann and Fister will do better.
Dude, they are facing the eternal underdogs with SF. That is the one team everyone looks at on paper and thinks "nah," yet they always do. It's a short series, they're already down.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

The one announcer thought the Cards were stealing the signs from whoever was on 2nd base. If that's the case, that's on the Dodgers for not shutting that down.
That was a tough loss.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:

The one announcer thought the Cards were stealing the signs from whoever was on 2nd base. If that's the case, that's on the Dodgers for not shutting that down.
That was a tough loss.
I haven't heard that. 8ER, 10K. Kershaw's getting Verlander's rep in the postseason. Something I never saw coming. KC just beat LAA too. Aside from Trout, their pitching or lack thereof is why it will blow my mind if they make it to the ALCS. I'm still surprised they won the division.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

I haven't heard that. 8ER, 10K. Kershaw's getting Verlander's rep in the postseason. Something I never saw coming. KC just beat LAA too. Aside from Trout, their pitching or lack thereof is why it will blow my mind if they make it to the ALCS. I'm still surprised they won the division.
Harold Reynolds (?) mentioned it a couple times during the melt down. And online people were saying he was tipping his pitches.
Tough loss.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Speaking of Pedro Martinez-
he's in the studio for TBS, and if you look past his broken english,
he adds an interesting perspective & is good. I think he is anyways.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:Speaking of Pedro Martinez-
Pedro is a laugh riot, but ( being a huge fan of the guy not withstanding ) I love him as an announcer because he says exactly what he's thinking. I didn't watch LAD's game live so I don't know about him tipping his pitches. I do know that he's struggled on the big stage though.
Mongo
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Mongo »

Yea but as an Astros fan, I'm just wish we could be your farm team.
"Let's not argue whose idea it was to bring the Lawn Darts and Tequila. We need to all work together to fix the hole in this guy's head."
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

Mongo wrote:

u should goto a game with fellow Sludger Mateo:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1907
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mongo wrote:

Huh? The Astros are going to be pretty good next season. I also believe that Jeff Luhnow will have them as WS contenders within' 18 months.

Put it this way. The Astros are going to be a threat before the Cubs will.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

killeverything wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Speaking of Pedro Martinez-
Pedro is a laugh riot, but ( being a huge fan of the guy not withstanding ) I love him as an announcer because he says exactly what he's thinking. I didn't watch LAD's game live so I don't know about him tipping his pitches. I do know that he's struggled on the big stage though.
What's funny is he will be asked questions they know he will answer honestly.
He was asked about the bench clearing incident & Cards catcher Molina pushing the ump out of the way more than once & his response was "that guy will be out of money".