Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Both Hudson and Zimmerman are dealing this game. 3 up, 3 down, 3 up, 3 down....
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

killeverything wrote:Both Hudson and Zimmerman are dealing this game. 3 up, 3 down, 3 up, 3 down....
MATT WILLIAMS IS A FUCKING MORON. Nats deserved to lose this game. 18 fucking innings, Christ!
Fuck sigs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

That was a good game, good pitching, defense, everything. I'm kinda ticked it went so long though. I'm like 2-3 hrs. behind getting some things I needed to get done done now. Dicks.

Now Washington is going to SF, exhausted, dejected, and one game from elimination.

Come to think of it, this is one of the best seasons/post seasons I can recall. Think about it. We had pitching records broken and set, a race in all divisions, extra inning playoff games, no Yankees in the playoffs, Seattle and Houston's rebuilds starting to look scary....after an 18 inning marathon game ( 6hrs & 23 min, longest in postseason history ), you appreciate the finer things in life.

If the Dodgers get knocked out of the postseason too then this year will just be swell.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:
killeverything wrote:Both Hudson and Zimmerman are dealing this game. 3 up, 3 down, 3 up, 3 down....
MATT WILLIAMS IS A FUCKING MORON. Nats deserved to lose this game. 18 fucking innings, Christ!
He's a complete and utter idiot. Deserves to be fired for that move. Poor Drew. The guy isn't made for the postseason. He choked once and now, thanks to Williams, he cost us the game.

There was no offense from our team outside of Anthony Rendon. Him and Zimmermann deserve all the awards. The rest of the team did not impress me (although I give some credit to Harper for yesterday and Cabrera for doing some damage).

Fuck the Giants. Least favorite team ever. I hope the Cards/Dodgers destroy them, and I hate both of those teams too.

Baltimore or Kansas City for the big win.

Fuck Williams. I can't say it enough. FUCK HIM.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

fastermetallicat wrote:
TawnyVonJagger wrote:
He's a complete and utter idiot. Deserves to be fired for that move. Poor Drew. The guy isn't made for the postseason. He choked once and now, thanks to Williams, he cost us the game.

There was no offense from our team outside of Anthony Rendon. Him and Zimmermann deserve all the awards. The rest of the team did not impress me (although I give some credit to Harper for yesterday and Cabrera for doing some damage).

Fuck the Giants. Least favorite team ever. I hope the Cards/Dodgers destroy them, and I hate both of those teams too.

Baltimore or Kansas City for the big win.

Fuck Williams. I can't say it enough. FUCK HIM.
It's hard not to see the Dodgers/Cardinals series going five. I think whoever wins the SF/WAS games will be at an advantage because of it.

Of course I had Detroit sweeping through everyone. So what do I know?
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

You gotta give it to the Giants: they are a scrappy, well managed, bunch.

And all of the above x 1000 re Matt Williams. The guy throws a no-hitter for you, pitches an excellent playoff game, and you take him out with an out to go because he walked someone? Let the guy pitch out of trouble! He barely threw any pitches either - 100 or so I think I heard.

Williams may have lost the team now. They played an extra game because of him, are down 2-0 because of him, and are now going to SF facing Bumgarner, vs Washington's #3. DONE.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

It's just one of those moves that can so easily be second-guessed based on the result.

Also looking forward to today's games. I'd like to see LAA make it interesting, but Detroit can go 'head and get knocked out today. :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:It's just one of those moves that can so easily be second-guessed based on the result.
Exactly. Zimmerman gave up his 3rd hit on pitch 100. As close as the game was + a phenomenal pitching performance from Hudson and SF's bullpen too, I also would have pulled him.

If it worked out for Williams everyone would have said he's a brilliant strategist like Scosscia or well, Bochy, but since it didn't he's an idiot. I personally think Zimmerman was about to get hit again too. Their bullpen just didn't hold it.

I think the Dodgers/Cardinals is going to be better than the World Series and should be a 7 game matchup. The NL big dogs fighting? Cool.

I also would love to see Anaheim and Detroit get eliminated today. I was terribly wrong about the Tigers and aside from Mike Trout never thought Anaheim was the team to beat.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The O's just swept Detroit.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

Wow!!!
Scioscia sure had a short leash for CJ Wilson.
Wouldn't even let the guy get out of the 1st inning.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:Wow!!!
He must've saw something or CJ didn't want to continue.

In the postseason when Roger Clemens was scored on he always made sure to leave with a visible limp, or a "blister." Maybe it was the avoidance of that kind of situation. I could also imagine Scossica's feeling the heat from above too. If they get swept it wouldn't surprise me if he was fired.
fastermetallicat
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by fastermetallicat »

killeverything wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:It's just one of those moves that can so easily be second-guessed based on the result.
Exactly. Zimmerman gave up his 3rd hit on pitch 100. As close as the game was + a phenomenal pitching performance from Hudson and SF's bullpen too, I also would have pulled him.

If it worked out for Williams everyone would have said he's a brilliant strategist like Scosscia or well, Bochy, but since it didn't he's an idiot. I personally think Zimmerman was about to get hit again too. Their bullpen just didn't hold it.

I think the Dodgers/Cardinals is going to be better than the World Series and should be a 7 game matchup. The NL big dogs fighting? Cool.

I also would love to see Anaheim and Detroit get eliminated today. I was terribly wrong about the Tigers and aside from Mike Trout never thought Anaheim was the team to beat.
Just Drew Storen. The rest did great last night. Hell, even the abyss of suck this last half of the season, Rafael Soriano, did well. Storen doesn't have what it takes to be in the big league playoffs. Nice guy though.

A part of me is loving that Mike Trout and Clayton Kershaw have been knocked down a few pegs with these playoffs. At least Trout finally hit something today though.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Yeah, no. The postseason is fun and all, but you're high if your perception of two of the very best in the game three years running is at all affected by such a small sample.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:Yeah, no. The postseason is fun and all, but you're high if your perception of two of the very best in the game three years running is at all affected by such a small sample.
Clayton gave up 8 runs, but he also struck out 10+.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

KC goes to face Baltimore Friday after sweeping LAAAAAA.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

killeverything wrote:
yeahbuddy wrote:Wow!!!
He must've saw something or CJ didn't want to continue.

In the postseason when Roger Clemens was scored on he always made sure to leave with a visible limp, or a "blister." Maybe it was the avoidance of that kind of situation. I could also imagine Scossica's feeling the heat from above too. If they get swept it wouldn't surprise me if he was fired.

CJ never even should have started. What he had in the past he's lost now. Dude is gutless on the mound. I was watching the game with my GF and I told her that he would shit the bed after he got two outs. I wouldn't have started him at all but I also would have yanked him after the four-pitch walk to Butler. I've seen that movie too many times this year.

I dunno about Scioscia being fired. I disagree with some of the calls he made in the playoffs - starting CJ and Josh Hamilton, having Calhoun (who can't bunt) bunt on a 3-1 count, and many others - but ultimately the players (hitters) shit the bed. I wouldn't mind at all if he was fired but I'm not sure it'll happen.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

killeverything wrote:KC goes to face Baltimore Friday after sweeping LAAAAAA.
Couldn't have worked out better for Os. Home team, and one trip to Midwest vs two to west coast. Love it!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Kershaw to start game 3 on 3 days rest. Greinke slated for game 4.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Kershaw to start game 3 on 3 days rest. Greinke slated for game 4.
Cards own Kershaw to date. If the Cards are truly in his head the Cards knock him around
once again today and get the W.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

killeverything wrote: Come to think of it, this is one of the best seasons/post seasons I can recall.
Too bad the tv package is so terrible. Where I'm at, you really have to search to find the games.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
killeverything wrote: Come to think of it, this is one of the best seasons/post seasons I can recall.
Too bad the tv package is so terrible. Where I'm at, you really have to search to find the games.
The EI package sucks this season. Unless you watch on cable the ENTIRE NLDS is blocked out.

I bet if St. Louis eliminates LA tonight they don't stomp around like a bunch of assholes afterwards. It's hard to find an organization littered with more douchebags than NYY, but LA takes the cake.

It cracks me up really. They want to be the bad boy organizarion so badly, but come off like a rich kid riding a Harley.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

So sick of the Cards and their doing-everything-rightitude.

I hate every team left in the NL. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:So sick of the Cards and their doing-everything-rightitude.

Silly Dodgers, that's not how you buy a ring.

Kershaw becomes first Dodger to lose 4 straight playoff games. Dude is as clutch as Roger Clemens. :lol:

Josh Beckett announces retirement.
Last edited by killeverything on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triumph
Headlining Clubs

Post by Triumph »

killeverything wrote:
MurrayFiend wrote:So sick of the Cards and their doing-everything-rightitude.

Silly Dodgers, that's not how you buy a ring.

Kershaw becomes first Dodger to lose 4 straight playoff games. Dude is as clutch as Roger Clemens. :lol:

Sorry, but it's pretty sad when I'm more interested in seeing Puig and Gonzalez eat a MASSIVE shit sandwich for all of their trash-talk than the interest I have in seeing my own team advance.
8)
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF beats #Nattitude to advance to NLCS @ St. Louis. Your hard pressed to root against any team assembled by Sabean and managed by Bochy, but the Cards look like the most complete team in baseball.

I'm pulling for my hometown, but this series is too close to call. I think it goes at least six. I also believe whoever wins the NL wins the World Series.

Helluva season.

NLCS Champions
2010 - Giants
2011 - Cardinals
2012 - Giants
2013 - Cardinals
2014 - ???????
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

I just thought of something. Does Clayton Kershaw losing 4 straight in the playoffs make him the Peyton Manning of MLB?
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

killeverything wrote:I just thought of something. Does Clayton Kershaw losing 4 straight in the playoffs make him the Peyton Manning of MLB?
LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:I just thought of something. Does Clayton Kershaw losing 4 straight in the playoffs make him the Peyton Manning of MLB?

All the reg. season awards do not mean anything if you can't win in the playoffs.

This team will go nowhere with an immature Puig. I give Mattingly a lot of credit for sitting him down yesterday.
Maybe that "lesson" will get Puig to have a better attitude.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:

All the reg. season awards do not mean anything if you can't win in the playoffs.

This team will go nowhere with an immature Puig. I give Mattingly a lot of credit for sitting him down yesterday.
That entire fucking team is made up of douchebags. Puig's a jackass, but I think the main culprit is Adrian Gonzalez.

I don't believe sitting Puig ( a fastball hitter ) against Miller ( a fastball pitcher ) was very bright. Of course brilliant manager and Don Mattingly go together like World Series champion and Don Mattingly.

There's going to be a premium on relief pitchers next season. A lot of the implosions in the playoffs was a weak bullpen. Teams that surprised people ( Seattle ) had an incredible bullpen. In fact I'm convinced Jack Zduriencik has a "Moneyball" system in place for relief corps since the ones he's assembled have been so good ( hint: they all throw upper 90s ).

Colorado GM O'Dowd resigns, replaced by Biddrich.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:

That entire fucking team is made up of douchebags. Puig's a jackass, but I think the main culprit is Adrian Gonzalez.

I don't believe sitting Puig ( a fastball hitter ) against Miller ( a fastball pitcher ) was very bright. Of course brilliant manager and Don Mattingly go together like World Series champion and Don Mattingly.

There's going to be a premium on relief pitchers next season. A lot of the implosions in the playoffs was a weak bullpen. Teams that surprised people ( Seattle ) had an incredible bullpen. In fact I'm convinced Jack Zduriencik has a "Moneyball" system in place for relief corps since the ones he's assembled have been so good ( hint: they all throw upper 90s ).

Colorado GM O'Dowd resigns, replaced by Biddrich.
Kill-About time Mattingly put his foot down regarding Puig.
Sit the douche down on the bench and let him watch the team be
eliminated. If that does not light a fire under the Cuban's ass, well nothing will.
Puig has walked over Mattingly for too long.
It's a great day seeing Kershaw lose
It's a great day watching the Dodgers get eliminated
It's an even better day when Puig gets benched by the manager