The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Bludegeon »

Can't argue that Romo was dumb as fuck tonight.

But, holy fuck,, Did the defense watch a video on how no to tackle and take as many bad angles as you can to avoid getting the opposing player down..?

Defense is just as much to blame for Dallas's loss as Romo and Co. are.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bludegeon wrote: Defense is just as much to blame for Dallas's loss as Romo and Co. are.
I missed most of the first half but from what I can tell the Redskins D shut your receivers the fuck down. Whitten and Murray were getting theirs but a rookie 4th round pick shut down Dez Bryant.

You have to give some credit here to the Skins D and defensive gameplan.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NFL Today studio crew can’t stop laughing at the Redskins
By Dan Steinberg October 27 at 12:00 PM

(Via CBS)

The NFL Today studio panel had a discussion about the Redskins-Cowboys “Monday Night Football” matchup, as one does before “Monday Night Football” games. And analysts from that panel attempted to entertain the idea that the Redskins could win the football game.

“[Turnovers are] the only thing that gives Washington a chance; if Dallas somehow hands them the opportunity and turns the football over,” Bill Cowher said. “Otherwise, the Dallas Cowboys are one of the top teams, with that offensive line, and the way the defense flies around when they play at home.”

“Yeah, but you know what, Colt McCoy, he comes in, he’s got a little bit of experience,” Tony Gonzalez countered. “I mean, it’s not like he’s getting thrown to the wolves here. If he can do what he did last week — that means no turnovers, he can be efficient with that ball — maybe they have a chance.”

But that was as far as they could go without bursting into laughter.

(Via CBS)

“What is so funny?” Gonzalez asked a smirking Cowher.

“You say ‘Colt McCoy’ as if they have a chance….” Cowher said between chortles. “I mean, with all due respect, do you really believe that?”

(Via CBS)

Gonzalez then talked some more about how great the Cowboys are.

“So does that mean they have no chance?” Boomer Esiason guffawed.

(Via CBS)

“I think they’ve got no chance,” Gonzalez agreed. “I think the Dallas Cowboys are gonna win this game.”

So to repeat: The idea that the Redskins and Colt McCoy could win in Dallas on “Monday Night Football” is a hilarious joke.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Pretty much the game as I thought it would go. Dallas beats themselves.. Nothing changes with this team. Make some fucking no name below average QB a winner...

Enjoy your Superbowl win there Redskins fans.. It's the CLOSEST your team is gonna get to it..

And, no, no fucking way Dallas gets there, or even sniffs the playoffs. This defense is still suspect and all of a sudden Romo is a blind ass rook who can't read a defense to save his life.. Way to pick a perfect game to have one of your worse games ever Romo.. Stay strong douchefuck
This game was bound to happen.

You're diehard fan but at least you're somewhat sensible and humors.
They'll have a shot at the playoffs, they're a good enough team to compete in the wacky East. Even with Coach Jones, CHOKO ROMO and FUMBLE MURRAY, they'll be there in the end and again and it will come down to the last two weeks. It's only the half way mark. Dallas has the talent and is in a good spot.

Running through holes big enough to fit a train....Hasn't "MVP Murray :lol: " fumbled in every game but one now? 5 out of 8 games. Murray leads the NFL in fumbles even ahead of Jay Cutlerfuck! And at least he's a QB!

It's a tough loss, but those are division games, anything can happen. They'll get their payback the last game of the year and it might be the deciding game if they don't blow it before hand.
For the haters it was great to see the lowly Skins and Colt McCoy put up 400+ yards and beat Dallas AT HOME!

Colt McCoy? :lol:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:My pinball team also won in OT tonight. Victory all around.

You have a pinball team? :shock:
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:

Hungwell always asked the same thing.

NYC bar league. About 30 teams. And we are the defending champs.

I don't know where you live but NYC is a big town. And whatever you were doing I'm sure Im having more fun on a Monday night.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote: And whatever you were doing I'm sure Im having more fun on a Monday night.
You gonna show us a picture of your pay stub and jean size too? :lol:

Nice win. Makes our debacle at Arizona a little easier to take.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: Defense is just as much to blame for Dallas's loss as Romo and Co. are.
I missed most of the first half but from what I can tell the Redskins D shut your receivers the fuck down. Whitten and Murray were getting theirs but a rookie 4th round pick shut down Dez Bryant.

You have to give some credit here to the Skins D and defensive gameplan.

Haslett was throwing everything at the Cowboys. And, succeeding. I think one time the Cowboys offense picked up the blitz and hurt the Redskins for a large gain.

It was pretty much the game I thought it would be. A nail biter and real close. Most of the games between these two teams are like that.

Oh well, on to AZ.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Goddamn Electric wrote:Looks like the Geno Smith experiment in New York is over. Holy shit...three interceptions in ten minutes!

In related news, it appears that New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan has contracted Full O'Bulla. Under NY law, his fat ass will now be quarantined for 21 days.
In NY you have this evil mix of dumbass fans, sports media who are a bunch of frontrunners.

Sanchez was a fucking winner in HS, a mvp in the rose bowl, a great postseason record in his first two seasons...

But no, every liberal and jew in the NY sports media wanted change and a black QB. Well you got it you faggots.

You got rex, geno and a big mess.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Of all teams to lose to it had to be the Redskins! Just when the train was filled to capacity and rolling full speed. Before last night the Cowboys were pre approved for the NFC championship game.

Redskins better be careful and not win to many more games tho, since this is the first time since the Griffin trade they will have a first round pick.
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Wylie is Typical of the type of incompetent ego trip asshole that Dan Snyder surrounds himself with. This boob has been Embarrasing the skins almost as long as Snyder.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

[/quote] NY you have this evil mix of dumbass fans, sports media who are a bunch of frontrunners.

Sanchez was a fucking winner in HS, a mvp in the rose bowl, a great postseason record in his first two seasons...

But no, every liberal and jew in the NY sports media wanted change and a black QB. Well you got it you faggots.

You got rex, geno and a big mess.[/quote]

What the hell is that about? Sanchez sucked, the Jets just picked the wrong year to draft a franchise QB. They should have kept Drew Stanton who has a winning record in Detroit and Arizona and waited for "the guy" instead of first signing Tebow then feeling forced to draft a QB.
scarred but smarter
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

sin wrote:
What the hell is that about? Sanchez sucked, the Jets just picked the wrong year to draft a franchise QB. They should have kept Drew Stanton who has a winning record in Detroit and Arizona and waited for "the guy" instead of first signing Tebow then feeling forced to draft a QB.
And now, they'll do it again this season. Their QB situation is an absolute disaster.

Fullmetal whackit is a fuckin moron. Who in the fuck ever heard of a "we need a black QB in NJ" movement?!

I mean...is that for fucking real? Is this really the kind of thing that people over at stormfront.org really think is something that happened?
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:
Fuck both Ryan brothers. Bunch of overrated blowhards.
And fuck this guy while you are at it. One of the biggest assholes ever to get a head coaching gig. All his bullshit and he never managed to win a playoff game.

Doing stupid shit like burning a timeout so his team could watch a replay of a big hit didn't help.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Crazy Levi wrote:
sin wrote:
And now, they'll do it again this season. Their QB situation is an absolute disaster.

Fullmetal whackit is a fuckin moron. Who in the fuck ever heard of a "we need a black QB in NJ" movement?!

I mean...is that for fucking real? Is this really the kind of thing that people over at stormfront.org really think is something that happened?
Well the two of you obviously have a problem with hispanics. So just shut up and take genos dick up your ass you racist faggots.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

FullDJacket wrote: Well the two of you obviously have a problem with hispanics. So just shut up and take genos dick up your ass you racist faggots.
Do you blame Al Sharpton for Geno Smith and Mike Vick being on the Jets roster?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Hungwell always asked the same thing.

NYC bar league. About 30 teams. And we are the defending champs.

I don't know where you live but NYC is a big town. And whatever you were doing I'm sure Im having more fun on a Monday night.
Fuck I just asked, if it wasn't embarrassing like wearing women's underwear you wouldn't get defensive about it. I wouldn't call playing pinball "fun" to begin with.

Unless it's that one with the Queens Chamber and it's launch a dozen balls at your face. That one was fun.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote: Unless it's that one with the Queens Chamber and it's launch a dozen balls at your face. That one was fun.
?
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Crazy Levi wrote:
FullDJacket wrote: Well the two of you obviously have a problem with hispanics. So just shut up and take genos dick up your ass you racist faggots.
Do you blame Al Sharpton for Geno Smith and Mike Vick being on the Jets roster?
Why is it that everytime you comment on a successful hispanic athlete or entertainer you do it with this disparaging attitude?

Take your 2008 registration date and your racism and go fuck yourself asshole
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote: And whatever you were doing I'm sure Im having more fun on a Monday night.
You gonna show us a picture of your pay stub and jean size too? :lol:

Nice win. Makes our debacle at Arizona a little easier to take.

That had to be a great fucking game to watch.....Well, a heart breaker for Philly. Haven't seen a replay, just read the stats page. On the Palmer bomb....
Does the secondary have a problem, blown defensive play, bad defensive call or a great play by that John Brown dude? I'm guessing it was a blitz that was picked up and the safety didn't get over.
Then Philly drives the field in a minute only to fall a cunt hair short. I'd bit my nails off. Or if I was an Eagle fan the TV would be in the street. Tough loss, I wanted Philly for the Block. Thanks Washington!

I want to watch the replay of that game.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Levi.....This was the one. It rocked, I'd buy one.

It was Centaur II. Don't think it was or remember Centaur I
http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewto ... =44&t=1866
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:Levi.....This was the one. It rocked, I'd buy one.

Exact same game except Centaur II is in a shitty looking cabinet. Basically a "reissue" of a game that came out a couple years earlier.

Fairly rare and sought after I've never even seen one.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

UtahRatt wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
That had to be a great fucking game to watch.....Well, a heart breaker for Philly. Haven't seen a replay, just read the stats page. On the Palmer bomb....
Does the secondary have a problem, blown defensive play, bad defensive call or a great play by that John Brown dude? I'm guessing it was a blitz that was picked up and the safety didn't get over.
Then Philly drives the field in a minute only to fall a cunt hair short. I'd bit my nails off. Or if I was an Eagle fan the TV would be in the street. Tough loss, I wanted Philly for the Block. Thanks Washington!

I want to watch the replay of that game.
Brown got just behind THREE guys who weren't expecting Palmer to throw deep and Brown made a pretty good play on the ball. The secondary has issues but the real issue is Foles throwing off his back foot on bad INTs and the rookie receiver fumbling at the five yard line trying to reach the end zone. I have to give it to Foles taking them down the field in 1:30 and having two legitimate shots to win the game. It fucking sucked but in hindsight it was a last second loss to a pretty damn good team.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

You miss Jaccpot yet?

I know you don't. But he's fuckin good. Still not sure how the Eagles are better without him.
thewonkytits
Headlining Clubs

Post by thewonkytits »

I used to play Centaur I all the time from '88-92. GREAT machine. It had a 5 ball multiball, I believe. I used to beat the shit out of that machine. It was in a small convenience store that is right across the street from me right now. It's not a convenience store any more, it's one of those places that leases furniture and rips people off.

And, I'm envious that Levi plays in a pinball league. I wish I was a part of one.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Levi.....This was the one. It rocked, I'd buy one.

Exact same game except Centaur II is in a shitty looking cabinet. Basically a "reissue" of a game that came out a couple years earlier.

Fairly rare and sought after I've never even seen one.
Yeah it's the first Centaur I got into as a kid/teen. I'd buy either the I or II if it popped in front of me.
Centaur I is the best pinball ever, all others pinball machines are gay and will actually make your scrotum shrink like raisin. Any other pinball machine couldn't keep my interest longer then 5 minutes.

Oddly enough I have at least a hundred or two Steel Pinball balls, I'll either throw them away or make a cannon.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

FullDJacket wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
sin wrote:

Well the two of you obviously have a problem with hispanics. So just shut up and take genos dick up your ass you racist faggots.
Yeah that must be it, I don't like Tebow as a quarterback either so I must hate God too. I never realized you were that fucking stupid before.
scarred but smarter
VoiVod13
Opening for Slaughter

Post by VoiVod13 »

Manchowder must've had an aneurysm. Come and take your medicine.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

VoiVod13 wrote:Manchowder must've had an aneurysm. Come and take your medicine.
Funny because it's not like him.
Machado wrote:Dallas with another victory. Feels great. Where are all the anti Cowboys fans in the locker room?

Probably best the haters have ran away! :D

Colt McCoy FTW!