The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Andy Dalton 10/33 for 86yds 2.6avg 0TD's 3INT's 2.0RTG. A 2.0 RATING! Worst game rating I've ever seen.
I once watched Randy Fasani go 5/18 for 46 yds, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, and a 0.0 rating.

And the Panthers only lost by a FG, 12-9. :lol:
:lol:
Randy Fasani played in four games, going 15-44, 171 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INTs, while rushing for 95 yards.

During the Raider vs Cleveland game two weeks ago, Matt Scahub came in for ONE PLAY.

Matt Scahub - 0/1 0YDS 0TD 1INT 0.0RTG

2014 season, Matt Scahub one pass, one interception. $4.5 million guaranteed, a $3.5 million signing bonus and a 6th round draft pick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oakland, the comment to failure.....Think your team is bad.

2013 Oakland pay cash for Matt Flynn to start and ends up on the bench before the season.
2014 Oakland pay cash for Matt Scahub to start and ends up on the bench before the season.

2013 Matt Flynn 2 games 246yds 1TD 1INT 1FUM. $6.5 Million fifth-round draft pick in 2014.
2014 Matt Scahub one pass, one interception. $4.5 million guaranteed, a $3.5 million signing bonus and a 6th round draft pick.

Cap Hit - Matt Flynn 2013 and 2014 $2.6Million each season.
Cap Hit - Matt Scahub 2014 $8Million, 2015 $5.5Million

2013 Raiders un-drafted pick up QB Matt McGloin - 8 games 9TD's, 10INT, 2FUM, 75RAT

Maybe the Raiders should avoid QB's named Matt.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

^

WTF! :lol:

I didn't know the Raiders hired Matt Millen.

That's got to be a hard pill to take for all the Raiders fans.

Who thinks their gonna move after this season?

If they do I'd rather see them go to San Antonio than LA.

Fuck bending over backwards for LA they don't deserve a NFL team.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

eddie lee roth wrote:^

WTF! :lol:

I didn't know the Raiders hired Matt Millen.

That's got to be a hard pill to take for all the Raiders fans.

Who thinks their gonna move after this season?

If they do I'd rather see them go to San Antonio than LA.

Fuck bending over backwards for LA they don't deserve a NFL team.
I think in the end San Antonio will hold out for a professional football team.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Fuckin Philbum calls a timeout again on defense to help the Lions. Did the same in the Packer game. Please fire this cunt at the end of the season.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

The Jets won their second game of the season, and the Steelers come back to being the present day Steelers.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I think in the end San Antonio will hold out for a professional football team.
Imagine the Raiders moving to Texas, Poison would sell more tickets. San Antonio is serious but I can't see Texas supporting 3 fucking teams and if they do the fan's will be more fickle then Florida Panthers fans.

San Antonio is putting up entertaining offers but it's all propaganda to add pressure on the city of Oakland to build a new Stadium, The Oakland Coliseum is a gravel pit. The team is free to leave but neither the team or the city want's them to be gone. If San Antonio gets an NFL team I picture them dying a quick death.

The talks of Oakland or the Rams joining Amanda Bynes homeless in LA continue but public money to build a new Stadium in California isn't likely to happen. Fan's in California want a stadium to build it's self.

In other news, the unpredictable Steelers got beat by the mighty Jets. Ben RoethlisbUrger 30/43 att. Le Bell 11 carries. 4 turn overs, fall behind early, panic and throw the ball.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
TheImpaler9
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by TheImpaler9 »

AliceManson wrote:The Jets won their second game of the season, and the Steelers come back to being the present day Steelers.
I quit watching football two years ago. I pulled up the scores when I got home from work. I didn't know that the Jets were on an 8 game losing streak. As a once Steeler fan I am laughing my ass off. They have the worst coach in the NFL, unless it has changed in the two years since I watched.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

TheImpaler9 wrote:
AliceManson wrote:The Jets won their second game of the season, and the Steelers come back to being the present day Steelers.
I quit watching football two years ago. I pulled up the scores when I got home from work. I didn't know that the Jets were on an 8 game losing streak. As a once Steeler fan I am laughing my ass off. They have the worst coach in the NFL, unless it has changed in the two years since I watched.
Tomlin is a shit coach. He won a Super Bowl with another coach's team like Barry Switzer. But being the Steeler's head coach has the same job security as a Supreme Court Justice. He isn't going anywhere, no matter how bad the team does or how many seasons they miss the playoffs.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

The Bears are fucking terrible :lol: .

Nice win for my Chiefs in Buffalo. They haven't allowed a rushing TD yet this entire season. Ron Parker won them the game. Kept the Bills out of the endzone around 2 mins left on 3 straight passes.
Rorysfan
Headlining Clubs

Post by Rorysfan »

AliceManson wrote:
TheImpaler9 wrote:
Tomlin is a shit coach. He won a Super Bowl with another coach's team like Barry Switzer. But being the Steeler's head coach has the same job security as a Supreme Court Justice. He isn't going anywhere, no matter how bad the team does or how many seasons they miss the playoffs.

Tomlin is 1-8 vs teams on the road with a .200 win pct or less. Can't be much better vs those teams at home. Natives in the Burgh are very restless.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tony Romo is healthy & the O Line made the adjustments to pick up the blitzes
and only allowed 1 sack vs Jax.

Getting a W going into the bye week is key. Especially with the Eagles coming up next.

Romo missed a sure TD to Witten in the opening quarter but Romo more than made up for
that mistake later in the game.
Jax wanted to cover Dez 1 on 1-mistake
Dez is a beast and is very difficult to tackle. Dez made big plays. Turned a 2 yard pass into
a long TD with that talent.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Wow. The Bears totally suck.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Wow. The Cowgirls beat the University of Jacksonville Jaguars.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

johnk5150 wrote:Wow. The Bears totally suck.
There are no words right now
WTF

Post by WTF »

Anne_Thrax wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Wow. The Bears totally suck.
There are no words right now
Absolutely amazing. With as many shitty plays on offense and defense as they had last night, I think the single funniest thing was they had a punt blocked. By a guy's FOOT!
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

The Bears suck, but last nights loss was more a case of the Packers being that damn hot right now. I'm obviously not a fan but no one can deny they are playing lights out right now.
scarred but smarter
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

UtahRatt wrote:
Imagine the Raiders moving to Texas, Poison would sell more tickets. San Antonio is serious but I can't see Texas supporting 3 fucking teams and if they do the fan's will be more fickle then Florida Panthers fans.

San Antonio is putting up entertaining offers but it's all propaganda to add pressure on the city of Oakland to build a new Stadium, The Oakland Coliseum is a gravel pit. The team is free to leave but neither the team or the city want's them to be gone. If San Antonio gets an NFL team I picture them dying a quick death.
Why not? I don't think a San Antonio team would need much help selling tickets. That town is huge and growing like crazy. The Cowboys would take a bit of a hit since SA is mostly a Cowboys town, but SA has a bigger population than a lot of NFL cities. I think a San Antonio team would probably thrive. As for the state, football is king in Texas. Dallas will be just fine, and Houston has sold out every game since their inception despite going 2-14 twice and being mediocre most of the rest of the time. All 3 of those cities are gigantic and far enough apart geographically to make it work. I seriously doubt the Raiders (or the NFL) would entertain moving there over LA, but SA should be a viable option for any NFL franchise.
WTF

Post by WTF »

bane wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Why not? I don't think a San Antonio team would need much help selling tickets. That town is huge and growing like crazy. The Cowboys would take a bit of a hit since SA is mostly a Cowboys town, but SA has a bigger population than a lot of NFL cities. I think a San Antonio team would probably thrive. As for the state, football is king in Texas. Dallas will be just fine, and Houston has sold out every game since their inception despite going 2-14 twice and being mediocre most of the rest of the time. All 3 of those cities are gigantic and far enough apart geographically to make it work. I seriously doubt the Raiders (or the NFL) would entertain moving there over LA, but SA should be a viable option for any NFL franchise.
YOu know who could help a San Antonio football team move tickets? Ramsey Cruise. Roxx could be the house band.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:The Cowboys are collapsing as always.

Next week they'll be 6-4.

This trend does not disturb you? A few weeks ago you were crowing about "the best record in the NFL" and soon you'll be praying for the Wild Card.

Just admit the Cowboys are destined for yet another late season implosion and season of failure. Pathetic for a team with such lofty expectations a few weeks ago.

And they lost to Colt McCoy.

7-3..

Thanks for playing.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

sin wrote:The Bears suck, but last nights loss was more a case of the Packers being that damn hot right now. I'm obviously not a fan but no one can deny they are playing lights out right now.
The Pack are great, but there's no excuse for 42-0 before punching one in.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

wow, the Bears sure are terrible.
the only reason I even made it through the 3rd quarter was that former Bills coach Marv Levy was at this small party a friend of mine was having and I was able to sit right next to him and talk about the game and totally geek out with him about all games and coaches he ran across in the 1980s and 1990s. (he was super cool and extremely nice, hard to believe he is 89 years old.)
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Wow. The Cowgirls beat the University of Jacksonville Jaguars.
You are the epitome of a troll. Get out of the locker room once and for all.

Dallas does not create the schedule.
You should know better and let's make sure we are clear here:
If Dallas would have lost the game, you would have been the 1st to criticize Dallas and make sure you went out of your way to claim Jax is not a college football team.

YOU TROLL!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Carson Palmer torn ACL

Dolphins LT Albert torn ACL & MCL
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Goddam that sucks for the Cards.

Coach Arians says they can "win the Super Bowl" with whomever the backup is.

That's nice an all but a team that's 8-1 for the first time since the 1940s and has had about one great season since probably shouldn't be thinking Super Bowl at this point.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Goddam that sucks for the Cards.

Coach Arians says they can "win the Super Bowl" with whomever the backup is.

That's nice an all but a team that's 8-1 for the first time since the 1940s and has had about one great season since probably shouldn't be thinking Super Bowl at this point.
Arians has no choice but to say that. If he said anything less he would lose the locker room for good.

Cards are in a bad spot right now. They lost their leader for the rest of this season and probably a good chunk of next season.

Every very good NFL team is 1 starting QB away from pissing away the season. The Cards just might be that team.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

He would lose the locker room for good? A bit dramatic don't ya think?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Gritt wrote:He would lose the locker room for good? A bit dramatic don't ya think?
Exactly. The coach shouldn't be saying shit about the superbowl at this point. He should say "I believe this team can continue winning with Drew. He is ready for the challenge and we can, and will, all step up."

If he would have lost the lockerroom without making a superbowl pronouncement, then that it was stupid ass lockerroom. Can you imagine Belichick uttering a fucking word about the playoffs, much less the superbowl in Week 10?
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

kylel wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Levi, nobody thinks that Sanchez is the second coming of anyone. He's a backup with a lot of experience getting pressed into service and acquitting himself pretty well in the first game. You can't tell me that he's not in a better situation from a talent and coaching standpoint than he was in New York. Foles was already a turnover machine this year, there is no way that he could be worse in that aspect.
he's certainly in a better spot than he was with the Jets.

He's also still Mark Sanchez.

Good luck is all I'm saying.

Maybe this will be the start to the turn around the Panthers need....
8)

WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

kylel wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Levi, nobody thinks that Sanchez is the second coming of anyone. He's a backup with a lot of experience getting pressed into service and acquitting himself pretty well in the first game. You can't tell me that he's not in a better situation from a talent and coaching standpoint than he was in New York. Foles was already a turnover machine this year, there is no way that he could be worse in that aspect.
he's certainly in a better spot than he was with the Jets.

He's also still Mark Sanchez.

Good luck is all I'm saying.

Maybe this will be the start to the turn around the Panthers need....
How'd that work out for you? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cam Newton sucks really bad this year.
Is he trying to get benched? Does he want to be the next RGIII?