The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Bludegeon »

Holy fuck this sucks..

Fucking Dallas is gonna lose tomorrow. I can feel it.. Gonna ruin my fucking T-day shit...

Dammit..

Gonna suck because with that overrated Griffin riding the pine, the Giants obviously losing this weekend. It would of been the hat trick,,,

Damn you Jerry Jones, and that new POS stadium..

Fuck it all. :lol:
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

dtmfs wrote:
Gritt wrote: Walsh, Shula, and Lombardi didn't have to deal with the salary cap or free agency.
no, but those guys dealt with strikes and other shit, Shula had to deal with losing 3 of his best players to a rival league right after winning 2/3 super bowls, completely changed that era and in 30+ years of coaching dude still only had like 2-3 losing seasons and his wins record is next to impossible to catch. As said before no one is even close to BB in the modern era and He is a future HOFer but I think he blew his chance of being mentioned with the other guys.
Your points on well-taken, but I think Belichick is in the conversation with Shula, and certainly Walsh. I mean, Belichick's 14-year run has been pretty remarkable. It's up there in consistency and championships with Shula's 1970-1984 run, although Belichick has one more superbowl win. Personally, I think when all is said and done he will be thought of as a better coach than Shula (I already think he is), but there can be no denying Shula's greatness. Many would argue that's it is much tougher to achieve this kind of consistency with the free agent and cap issues of the modern game --that's a more complicated issue.

The bottom line is, asshole or not, "cheater" or not, the guy is a fucking monster coach who gets the very best out of his players and has created a pretty amazing football operation of consistency. It's no surprise that he was very inspired by what Walsh did in the 1980s and Walsh's great book on building a football organization.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Bottom line - bellicheck the fucking genius wins ZERO rings in his career if he never stumbles upon Tom Brady.

Joe Gibbs wins three Super Bowls with three different middling QBs - a feat never to be equaled by another coach. He's better than Bill or any of these other "won all my shit with one QB" guys.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:Both Geno Smith and Colt McCoy have been told they will start at QB this Sunday.
I am not in favor of this move (McCoy). Unadulterated buffoonery as usual.
The last time I remember seeing a team start two QB's, I was at a Monday Night game in Seattle 1992. Elway was out so Dan Reeves started Tommy Maddox and Shawn Moore. They rotated every series and sucked.

Seattle on the other hand went through all three of their QB's because they sucked. Started Stan Gelbaugh then Dan McGwire for a series then brought in Kelly Stouffer. Both teams combined for 4INTs and 2FUM.

Seattle 16 Denver 13 OT
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Bottom line - bellicheck the fucking genius wins ZERO rings in his career if he never stumbles upon Tom Brady.

Joe Gibbs wins three Super Bowls with three different middling QBs - a feat never to be equaled by another coach. He's better than Bill or any of these other "won all my shit with one QB" guys.
Super Bowl XVIII - Washington Redskins 9 Los Angeles Raiders 38

Since you can tell the future.....Belichick wins Zero Super Bowls without Brady? Brady probably never gets drafted without Belichick! Belichick gets all the credit, he drafted Brady and won those SB's.

Joe Gibbs beats the Dolphins during the Strike Season! The worst passing team in football David Woodley lead Dolphins.
Then beats the Broncos and Bills, both perennial SB losers at the time.........He did it with three different QB' against 3 shitty teams.

Joe Gibbs Coaching record.... 171–101–0
Bill Belichick Coaching record 225–116–0

Gibbs coached before free agency and salary caps when you could keep teams together and focus only on coaching.

Belichick did it in a era when you had to know more then X's and O's so to put down Belichick really is being a biased fanatic.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Da Bears........
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

How bout them Cowboys!!!

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Hey Machado, how did that Thanksgiving asswhipping feel? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

8-8. It's coming.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Holy shit that was a pathetic showing..

Way to be completely unprepared to play Dallas.

Fuck...

Cowboys must of thought it was already December.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Bludegeon wrote:Holy shit that was a pathetic showing..

Fuck...

"Life is like a season of Romos..you never know which one you're going to get".

You guys got beat by a guy who two years ago was the laughingstock of the league. That has to feel pretty lousy.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Hey Machado, how did that Thanksgiving asswhipping feel? :lol:
I don't think he went back for seconds.....half. He probably didn't even watch the game, had other engagements, they didn't have the game on at the mission.

What's his famous saying....Every team is one hit away from losing!!!!!!
Unless you're playing the Cowboys then any backup QB will do! Didn't Dallas choke to Colt fucking McCoy and the Skins?

Choko Romo 2INTs against the worst secondary in football and gets spanked by back up QB Burrito Sanchez who went 20/29 TD.

Awesome Cowboy D, what did LeSean average? A city block per carry? 465 total yards for the Eagles and their BACK UP QB?

Is Romo Bipolar? Oh well..........

It's only one loss. A beautiful one loss.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Holy shit that was a pathetic showing..

Fuck...

"Life is like a season of Romos..you never know which one you're going to get".

You guys got beat by a guy who two years ago was the laughingstock of the league. That has to feel pretty lousy.
I didn't get beat by any team. They did.. lol. But seriously.

The defense did nothing to help Romo and the offense. It's just like every other season since Romo has been there. Sometimes Romo can pull it off and put the team on his shoulders, like in the past. Just not this time. This game shows just how fucking gutless and emotionless this Cowboys team is and how the past teams are the same.

Nothing is going to change until the Jones are gone from the franchise..

I just don't understand how the coaches make not one adjustment or anything in the second half. I mean, yes, the defense sucks ass and the offense did nothing to help them.

I just wish Dallas had only road games left. lol..

It will be another year with no playoffs. Bummer for Witten man. , Dude deserves better, but, he chooses to stay with Dallas, so oh well.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Hey Machado!

Not sure if you took a break today from your day job as Redskins News Reporter but you might have been interested in the Cowboys game.

They got embarrassed - again - on a national stage and clearly showed they suck and will not be going to the playoffs - again - this season.

Man they fuckin suck. Another 8-8 season from those chumps with another Defeat to the Eagles on the horizon - not to mention yet another beat down coming from Colt McCoy and company.

Might want to worry less about RG3 and more about the Cowboys' shitty defense, but hey it's a free country.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Yep,,

Getting pretty bad again being a Cowboys fan..

Especially when a skins fan can sling it.. LOL With every right too.. Damn..

Jones definitely sold his soul to the NFL gods to get drunk ass Switz a fucking ring..

Fucking sad when a fan from a REALLY, REALLY bad team. (who did beat a sorry ass Cowboys team no less. LOL) can bring the sling.. LOL..

Fuck...

Only hope now is skins and giants lose. and Seahawks beat the Eagles next week.. Not for any hope for Dallas to do shit post season. I know this isn't and Shouldn't happen. I just want those fucking assholes to lose!
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:Bottom line - bellicheck the fucking genius wins ZERO rings in his career if he never stumbles upon Tom Brady.

Yes, because everyone knows that just having a great quarterback = superbowl wins. Look at piles of Superbowl trophies that Peyton Manning and Dan Marino have, for instance.

You might have had a decent point if you have switched in Vinatieri for Brady.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

veritas wrote:

Yes, because everyone knows that just having a great quarterback = superbowl wins. Look at piles of Superbowl trophies that Peyton Manning and Dan Marino have, for instance.

Can we all just agree that the Cowboys suck?
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:Joe Gibbs Coaching record.... 171–101–0

Gibbs coached before free agency and salary caps when you could keep teams together and focus only on coaching.

Belichick did it in a era when you had to know more then X's and O's so to put down Belichick really is being a biased fanatic.
Damn I never realized BB had that many wins, I hereby take back what I said about him not being mentioned with the others especially given the things gritt and the rest have mentioned.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Crazy Levi wrote:
veritas wrote:

Yes. Yes we can.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:
veritas wrote:

:lol: :lol:
FUCK YES we can agree on that !!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

dtmfs wrote:Damn I never realized BB had that many wins, I hereby take back what I said about him not being mentioned with the others especially given the things gritt and the rest have mentioned.
Belichik is one of the all-time greats, no doubt, but it definitely helps to be in a division with the Jets, Bills, & Fins.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:
veritas wrote:

I would have to say... Yes... They piss me off to no end.. It's completely baffling how this fucking team can't put shit together..
Tymaster

Post by Tymaster »

dtmfs wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Joe Gibbs Coaching record.... 171–101–0

Damn I never realized BB had that many wins, I hereby take back what I said about him not being mentioned with the others especially given the things gritt and the rest have mentioned.
Comparing Gibbs to Belichick is a stretch. It's a realistic one, but I'd still call it a stretch. Gibbs sullied his reputation and resume with that half-assed return to the sidelines in the 2000s. Belichick? The only knock on him is that he hasn't one a Super Bowl without Romeo Crennel, Charlie Wiess, and Tom Brady. And this is coming from a Browns fan, so remember, he wasn't exactly "loved" here in the 90s. I have little doubt that Belichick would've won that first Super Bowl with Drew Bledsoe at the helm - that team was stacked.
LouDoo wrote:Neon has to be the most active poster who actually contributes the least, despite all the threads he starts. He has no redeeming value. He's completely useless.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Tymaster wrote: And this is coming from a Browns fan, so remember, he wasn't exactly "loved" here in the 90s. I have little doubt that Belichick would've won that first Super Bowl with Drew Bledsoe at the helm - that team was stacked.
Why? It wasn't his fault Modell moved the team, Belichick probably would have gotten the Browns their first Super Bowl if it wasn't for Modell.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The Patriots first super bowl team was stacked? You may want to look back at that again. That was their least stacked super bowl team. They pulled off the biggest upset since the 69 Jets.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Tymaster wrote:
Comparing Gibbs to Belichick is a stretch. It's a realistic one, but I'd still call it a stretch. Gibbs sullied his reputation and resume with that half-assed return to the sidelines in the 2000s. Belichick? The only knock on him is that he hasn't one a Super Bowl without Romeo Crennel, Charlie Wiess, and Tom Brady. And this is coming from a Browns fan, so remember, he wasn't exactly "loved" here in the 90s. I have little doubt that Belichick would've won that first Super Bowl with Drew Bledsoe at the helm - that team was stacked.
How in god's name did Gibbs sully his reputation?!

He took the skins to the playoffs in two of those four seasons with a shitty roster. He is by far the most successful coach during the 15 years of Dan Snyder's ownership. I know it's a low bar but the 4 year Gibbs 2 run in no way sullied his legacy - if anything it bolstered it.

Yeah bellicheck, Walsh, Knoll...these dudes were/are all great coaches. None of them won a Super Bowl with a guy like mark Rypien at the helm. It's absolutely ridiculous to say its a "stretch" to compare Gibbs to bellicheck. They both have three rings, but only one of those guys had Tom Brady for all three of em. Gimme a break.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The year they won it with Rypien he played as well as any quarterback had played up to that point. He had to have made some kind of deal with the devil. Although throwing to Sanders, Clark, and Monk never hurt.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:The year they won it with Rypien he played as well as any quarterback had played up to that point. He had to have made some kind of deal with the devil. Although throwing to Sanders, Clark, and Monk never hurt.
Ryp threw a gorgeous deep ball. And if you watch the highlights of that amazing 1991 season, those receivers are open by a mile, and he's got eternity behind that line.

Still...the point remains the same. No other coach in history has won three rings with three different QBs. And only a couple have won with 2. That's a feat that will never be equalled.

it's a crime that Gibbs continually gets overlooked in favor of Guys who won multiple rings with the same Hall of Fame qb for 10 years.

He's the best coach in NFL history. Of course that's a biased conviction coming from me. Regardless, look at the body of work. He's in the conversation.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Levi, I think we've been Skins fans for about the same amount of time but I can't put Gibbs at the top. He's close just not the top. I'd go Belichick, Noll, Gibbs, Shula.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

How Tom Landry is not in this discussion is insane.