The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by eddie lee roth »

Gritt wrote:I'm feeling Pats and Hawks. As much as I'd like to see Brady win his fourth I'm not sure that Seattle can be stopped. Their defense is giving up 8 points a game over their last five or six games. That's just insane in today's NFL.
I agree 100%. Seattle is just in another class of football right now. I won't make the same mistake as last year thinking some high powered offense can win.

I anxiously await Father Time to catch up with Richard Sherman though. I do give him credit for earlier this season holding a press conference and pointing out how the NFL says one thing but their actions say another thing.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

I still hate Sherman. If the Hawks win and he has another gimp invisible got bashed a few times game like last year I'll be fine. Of course it was funny to watch Keenan Allen and Sherman go at it in the media like two young blown egos pillow fighting this year.
Sherman and Allen already act like they're in the HOF with Sherman having his own wing. When at the start of the season he was pissed he didn't have twitter followers.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Any Eagles fans here? If yes, how do you feel about the Eagles trading way up
to draft the star QB from Oregon? If they do such a thing we have a reunion between between Chip and his boy. The cost to move up that high would cost a fortune. Maybe McCoy and a truckload of draft picks now and later.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Any Eagles fans here? If yes, how do you feel about the Eagles trading way up
to draft the star QB from Oregon? If they do such a thing we have a reunion between between Chip and his boy. The cost to move up that high would cost a fortune. Maybe McCoy and a truckload of draft picks now and later.
With the supposed tension between front office and Kelly, I can't imagine the brass would be willing to bet the farm on "Kelly's guy" when he might not be there in a season. The Harbaugh thing is fresh in everyone's minds.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:Any Eagles fans here? If yes, how do you feel about the Eagles trading way up
With the supposed tension between front office and Kelly, I can't imagine the brass would be willing to bet the farm on "Kelly's guy" when he might not be there in a season. The Harbaugh thing is fresh in everyone's minds.
Well I thought Kelly was free to buy the groceries and cook the food in Philly? If yes, then I guess only the owner would stand in the way at such a HUGE trade.
Trading up to #2 is a long haul. Titans could get over on Philly in a big way here.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Gritt wrote:I'm feeling Pats and Hawks. As much as I'd like to see Brady win his fourth I'm not sure that Seattle can be stopped. Their defense is giving up 8 points a game over their last five or six games. That's just insane in today's NFL.
I agree 100%. Seattle is just in another class of football right now. I won't make the same mistake as last year thinking some high powered offense can win.

I'm not ready to put the Pats in the superbowl just yet, although I do think it will be a Hawks/Pats superbowl. But I agree that it will require an act of God, or more likely, Satan, for the Pats to win any such game. Hawks are probably the worst possible match-up for the Pats. Then again, no one gave them a chance against the Rams in 2001....
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I would like to see a Hawks- Colts Super Bowl.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Post by Son_of_Sam_I_Am »

I get why people hate Sherman. He talks mad shit and he's good at what he does. In Seattle, though, I swear to God, we love the guy. Every time he takes a swipe at someone, everyone laughs. Our love of his mouth probably comes from the Seahawks being at the ass end of mediocre to just plain lousy for years.

On the flipside, nobody outside of Seattle reports the classy stuff he does, naturally. He seems to be a pretty damn decent guy for what it's worth.
Last edited by Son_of_Sam_I_Am on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I got no problem with Sherman. He's hilarious and he can ball. I look forward to seeing him in a Redskins uniform when he's 35.

I enjoyed reading his retorts to the whole "DeSean Jackson is a thug and gangbanger" bullshit last year.
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Crazy Levi wrote: He's hilarious and he can ball.

Precisely.

Also, re-reading my previous post, I should add that "our love of his mouth" should not be construed as anything else. :lol:
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I get why people hate Sherman. He talks mad shit and he's good at what he does. In Seattle, though, I swear to God, we love the guy. Every time he takes a swipe at someone, everyone laughs. Our love of his mouth probably comes from the Seahawks being at the ass end of mediocre to just plain lousy for years.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him in a Steelers uniform. I think the same for Suh too.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

The Cowboys dealt with the free agents on their coaching staff in the last few days, keeping things mostly intact on the sideline after a division title.

Now it’s on to the free agents who do their work on the field. Wide receiver Dez Bryant and running back DeMarco Murray are on the top of that list and owner Jerry Jones said Thursday what most people have known for a while. It will be expensive to keep both of the players in town while also having the cap space available to re-sign linebacker Rolando McClain, one of their right tackles (Doug Free and Jermey Parnell are both out of contract) and add players to bolster the defense.

“Is it possible? Yes,” Jones said, via the team’s website. “But if you just look at it from the standpoint of dollars and cents, it probably doesn’t look reasonable.”

Jones didn’t rule anything out, but both players hit free agency off terrific seasons and keeping any flexibility elsewhere is probably going to require a choice between the offensive stars. If we were placing a bet, Bryant would be the one that returns to the team because the quality of the Dallas offensive line and the relative fungibility of running backs make Murray’s production seem like the easier one to replace.

Not surprising. Obviously you pay Bryant and let Murray walk.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Overheard a stat this morning.
A. Luck is 0-3 vs Brady
In the 3 meetings the Pats have outscored Colts 140-44

:o
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:Overheard a stat this morning.
A. Luck is 0-3 vs Brady

There is a first time for everything. You've even made some coherent posts as of late.

For all of this "unbeatable Pats/evil empire" bullshit the Patriots have choked - a lot - when it counted since their last Super Bowl win, which seems like it was ages ago.

It really wouldn't surprise me if ole asseater has a lot to celebrate on sunday.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Yep, No brainer..

Wish they could keep both, but, gotta pay Dez.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
A. Luck is 0-3 vs Brady

There is a first time for everything. You've even made some coherent posts as of late.

For all of this "unbeatable Pats/evil empire" bullshit the Patriots have choked - a lot - when it counted since their last Super Bowl win, which seems like it was ages ago.

It really wouldn't surprise me if ole asseater has a lot to celebrate on sunday.
My feeling is the game will be very, very close. I might take the 6 1/2 point myself. Seems like the public is all about The Pats this week based on Brady and the previous games between the two.
Then again it's very difficult to play at Denver last week and have to follow that up with a road game in Foxboro.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:I get why people hate Sherman. He talks mad shit and he's good at what he does. In Seattle, though, I swear to God, we love the guy. Every time he takes a swipe at someone, everyone laughs. Our love of his mouth probably comes from the Seahawks being at the ass end of mediocre to just plain lousy for years.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see him in a Steelers uniform. I think the same for Suh too.
Exactly, when Revis was a Jet, no one liked him. Now everyone is hoping the Pats pay up for a deal.

Though I wouldn't mind seeing Sherman in a Pats uniform, I can't say the same for Suh.
He's a punk with only a few more "missteps" left before he gets a nice long suspension.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:
A. Luck is 0-3 vs Brady

yeah, I wouldn't be incredibly surprised, but would a little surprised. The Pats are clearly the better team and have owned Luck and Co. in the 3 prior meetings. Really, the only thing that wouldn't make it a surprise is the limited info that the Colts played very well last week and the Pats did not.

As far as "choking," I don't if I would say that making it to 2 more superbowls since their last win and losing both of those on last minute drives with unbelievable catches was "choking," not to mention a ton of other playoff wins. Manning's dismantling in last year's Super Bowl is a "choke" in my book.

But I agree that the media overstates the whole Brady/ Belichick myth and they can "choke" at certain times in playoffs - -the 2009 Ravens asskicking comes to mind, as does the 2010(?) Jets loss in the first round??
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bears make it official. Hired John Fox to be the next head coach that will be unable to do anything worthwhile as long as Jay Cutler is the starting QB
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

So why exacty did Marrone quit the Bills again?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Rageman wrote:So why exacty did Marrone quit the Bills again?
Because they're the Bills?
Sounds like friction with the new ownership and he was a little burnt some of his assistants didn't get extension.
Also.......
"Marrone's clause also allows him to walk away with his 2015 guaranteed base salary of $4 million without it counting as an offset against any future salary even if he should land another job, sources said. Marrone now is free to negotiate with any team seeking a head coach."

So Marrone gets to walk with $4 million in 2015, sign with another team and make bank without it effecting a new job.

I feel Marrone is replaceable, Schwartz is the one who should get a raise.
Statistically the Bills had the best Defense in the league, as long as the Bills can hold onto Schwartz.. "Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz's deal is believed to run through 2016" they'll be ok.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Predictions in the 2 games this weekend vs the spread

I am taking Seattle -7 1/2
and
Indy +7
Son_of_Sam_I_Am
I'm an angry, angry boy!

Good God how I want to see Wilson vs Brady in the Superbowl.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Good God how I want to see Wilson vs Brady in the Superbowl.
Same here. Watching Brady go against that secondary would be great. Aaaaaaand if he were to win and look good doing it, well that should finally put an end to the Manning/Brady debate.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
Son_of_Sam_I_Am wrote:Good God how I want to see Wilson vs Brady in the Superbowl.
Same here. Watching Brady go against that secondary would be great. Aaaaaaand if he were to win and look good doing it, well that should finally put an end to the Manning/Brady debate.
It would likely put an end to many debates. As painful as it is, it would vault Brady past Montana.

I still think what Montana accomplished is simply amazing - 4-0 in the Super Bowl with ZERO INTs in any of them.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

[/quote]

I feel Marrone is replaceable, Schwartz is the one who should get a raise.
Statistically the Bills had the best Defense in the league, as long as the Bills can hold onto Schwartz.. "Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz's deal is believed to run through 2016" they'll be ok.[/quote]

Schwartz was let go mid week they have Dennis Thurmond now.
scarred but smarter
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:
It would likely put an end to many debates. As painful as it is, it would vault Brady past Montana.

I still think what Montana accomplished is simply amazing - 4-0 in the Super Bowl with ZERO INTs in any of them.
I'm a Brady guy but as years go on I hope history doesn't minimize how impressive Montana was. He threw no interceptions in an era where the defense could get away with anything this side of forced sodomy without a flag.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

I still think what Montana accomplished is simply amazing - 4-0 in the Super Bowl with ZERO INTs in any of them.[/quote]
I'm a Brady guy but as years go on I hope history doesn't minimize how impressive Montana was. He threw no interceptions in an era where the defense could get away with anything this side of forced sodomy without a flag.[/quote]

Brady couldn't carry Montana or youngs travel bags
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:

yup - Montana was incredible.
veritas
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by veritas »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote:It would likely put an end to many debates. As painful as it is, it would vault Brady past Montana.

I'm a Brady guy but as years go on I hope history doesn't minimize how impressive Montana was. He threw no interceptions in an era where the defense could get away with anything this side of forced sodomy without a flag.[/quote]

Brady couldn't carry Montana or youngs travel bags[/quote]

don't be stupid. Brady is absolutely in the conversation with Montana, who is amazing to me and probably my favorite.
Brady destroys Young though - no competition, and I grew up with the 49ers. You lost all credibility with the Young comment.