The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Gritt »

DaveB wrote:Second and goal on the one yard line, you have Lynch in the backfield and you throw the ball. It would have been like Phil Jackson saying, "No...we're not going to give it to Jordan for the final shot. I've got a better idea."
Ummm. Phil didn't give it to Jordan for the last shot against Phoenix. John Paxson hit it. Against Utah the first time, Steve Kerr hit it. Cmon man.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Mazerati wrote:Biggest boneheaded coaching call in Super Bowl history
My jaw hit the floor.
The great catch off the lucky bounce, all the momentum, it had that Hawks feeling of a fantastic victory, then.............A cross route on the goal line? I was visualizing Lynch in the endzone even after the INT.

That foolish call don't take away from Brady's last two drives to win the game. The Pat's were inflated in the 4th.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

sin wrote:But if they would have made that pass then everyone would have been talking about how brilliant Pete Carroll was. Nope, typing that out didn't help, it was still a stupid move.
*eDiT*

WHY! JUST WHY!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

DaveB wrote:Second and goal on the one yard line, you have Lynch in the backfield and you throw the ball. It would have been like Phil Jackson saying, "No...we're not going to give it to Jordan for the final shot. I've got a better idea."
It was more like "let's shoot it at half court!"
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

Gritt wrote:
Ummm. Phil didn't give it to Jordan for the last shot against Phoenix. John Paxson hit it. Against Utah the first time, Steve Kerr hit it. Cmon man.
Shut up. :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
I was in the 3rd level when Jordan made the game winner that won the series vs the Utah Jazz in 98. Of course I still say it was a push off against Bryon Russell but it was Jordan with the final shot.
Kamikaze_Russo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Kamikaze_Russo »

Pete Carroll clearly had Ricardo Lockette in his playoff fantasy league lineup.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Best joke I've heard so far. Fourteen years later Pete Carroll finally wins a Superbowl for the Patriots.
scarred but smarter
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Seattle, a bittersweet symphony?

*guess no one noticed.

Pat's - Come running onto the field to OZZY Crazy Train.
Seattle - Come skipping out to.....A bittersweet symphony?

It was like a mistake, talk about hype music....Or a fitting end.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

But hindsight is always 20/20. Carol went for the touchdown at the end of the first half and he got it. Brilliant call because it *worked.* Had the pass at the end been caught, we'd all be talking about what a great call it was because he caught NE expecting the run.
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Luminiferous wrote:Image
Holy fuck. That IS hilarious.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:

Agreed. That's fucking priceless. Fuck that asshole.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:The sounds of that album gives me the brutal shits.
ImageImage
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:
I was in the 3rd level when Jordan made the game winner that won the series vs the Utah Jazz in 98. Of course I still say it was a push off against Bryon Russell but it was Jordan with the final shot.
Hell yes it was a push off. I was a huge fan of the Jazz during the Sloan, Stockton, Malone era. I was crushed in 97 and 98. And has there ever been a louder NBA crowd than during the player intros at the Delta Center for the first game there in 97?
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Thanks! That's my new screen saver. :lol:

*phone rings*

"Hello...you have reached Richard Sherman's voicemail. Mr. Sherman's mouth is full of crow right now and he can't answer the phone. When he is done swallowing, he will return your call. Please leave a message after the beep."

BEEP!
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

Gritt wrote: Hell yes it was a push off. I was a huge fan of the Jazz during the Sloan, Stockton, Malone era. I was crushed in 97 and 98. And has there ever been a louder NBA crowd than during the player intros at the Delta Center for the first game there in 97?
Living in Utah at that time was pretty cool, however I'm from Chicago, and was in the minority because I wanted the Bulls to win. Still, those were some great finals.
ImageImage
LouDoo
Platinum Artist

Post by LouDoo »

I was living in Chicago when the Bulls started their dynasty. As a Chicago sports fan, I'm still living off of that. The Blackhawks have been good, but it's not the same.
ImageImage
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DaveB wrote:But hindsight is always 20/20. Carol went for the touchdown at the end of the first half and he got it. Brilliant call because it *worked.* Had the pass at the end been caught, we'd all be talking about what a great call it was because he caught NE expecting the run.
If that was the case people would be blaming Russell.
No way. No fucking way. I bet even Carol will admit it. Risking the SB on a pass play at the goal line when you have a fucking Beast RB who hasn't been stopped all night? Absolutely ridiculous. Carol thought he'd change it up and it blew back in his face.
Even if the pass play worked people would still say he was lucky and took a risk that didn't need to be taken.

I feel bad for Russell who played his balls off and did everything to win. Running around making great throws to rookie receivers who in return made some great plays as well. As a team the offense had to rise up....They put the team in the lead and gave them a 2nd chance to win. The banged up #1 Defense didn't/couldn't stop the Pat's.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LouDoo wrote:
Gritt wrote: Hell yes it was a push off. I was a huge fan of the Jazz during the Sloan, Stockton, Malone era. I was crushed in 97 and 98. And has there ever been a louder NBA crowd than during the player intros at the Delta Center for the first game there in 97?
Living in Utah at that time was pretty cool, however I'm from Chicago, and was in the minority because I wanted the Bulls to win. Still, those were some great finals.
It was deafening loud, I hated the Jazz because Miller was a fucking crook but I dug the team so I was torn. The Bull's was normally the team I rooted for so that series I was doing a lot of YEAH! NO! Wait! Apart from a blow out they were great games.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

You can take the Bevell out of Minnesota, but you can't take the Viking out of the Bevell.
scarred but smarter
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by DaveB »

UtahRatt wrote: I feel bad for Russell who played his balls off and did everything to win.
And Kearse! Dude made a phenomenal play that will be completely forgotten now.
Heenan Snuka
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Heenan Snuka »

when I saw the formation didnt have Lynch in the backfield, I knew something bad was gonna happen. like a short pass that would be tipped up in the air and intercepted. sure enough, interception.

fuckin killed me.
Stoner wrote:
...we stopped at a restaurant to eat and I was wearing a Sludge shirt. Someone came up and asked me if I read the messageboard - I touched cloth for a split second and then said the shirt was my husband's and just looked at them retardedly.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Great call by Carroll, to lose the game, LOL!!!
The worst offensive play call in Super Bowl history. Then again you have to give a lot of credit
to the Pats DB for doing his homework during the week. He recognized the formation, knew what the WR was going to do and he did his job & made the play of the game.
Seatle coaching stuff tried to outsmart themselves. No reason for that. 2nd down you run the ball 3 times with the RB you have and take your chances.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

LouDoo wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:

Agreed. That's fucking priceless. Fuck that asshole.
I hesitate to say this, but I don't get it. What am I looking at here?
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

:lol:

You mad bro
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

After living in Seattle, going to games in the Kingdome and rooting for the Hawks I think I'm going to feel sick in the morning wanting the Pat's to win this one.
It didn't even have to do with the game, I wanted Brady to win just too shove the stupidity of deflated footballs down all the crybabies throat.

Looking ahead, after signing Russell I hope Lynch will budge on his contract allowing Seattle to tie him up and have something left over to fill some holes. Even without Lynch, they're going to be a force, they fix the O-Line, pick up a WR, TE and be a more balanced offense.
Tough call, Would you sign a 29 year old lynch to a 3 year big money deal leaving you with nothing? They have a dominate team but they're not that deep with all the big contracts. Russell's contract will be for the moon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, another year the Pat's are not only still around but Super Bowl Champs!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Fucking Seattle did not want to score the go ahead TD on 2nd down, so they decide
to throw the ball instead. Who the fuck does that? Oh yes, the losing team in the SB does that.
Instead of winning the game on 2nd down, Seattle instead gets to see another team celebrate.
Brady did a fine job of killing the clock with that kneel down play, LOL!!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Heenan Snuka wrote:when I saw the formation didnt have Lynch in the backfield, I knew something bad was gonna happen. like a short pass that would be tipped up in the air and intercepted. sure enough, interception.

fuckin killed me.
I was looking at the defensive alignment thinking an easy Lynch TD then noticed the back set and thought a Russell sneak would be the call.
I'm still shocked. I wonder what the team really thinks. They've all been saying the same thing like it was rehearsed.

"Carrol said we'd throw on 2nd, then run on 3rd and 4th."
That's pushing time for 3 plays....Not to mention, they talked about the Pat's being in goal line D, that's what they're going to face with Lynch in the backfield regardless then you'll pull out of goal line once they clear the backfield anyway.

Overall the Seattle players have been respectful in their interviews. Russell's a class act.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

had the seadderall cheathawks stayed onside after the pick the would have got a safety plus the ball back. 28-26 with18 seconds left. one pass then a field goal wins them the game