The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sin
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by sin »

As a fan with all the Lynch trade/retirement talk and the inevitable free agents I really thought initially that they would only make the playoffs as NFC West champions maybe win A game. But like you said...

I got to give it to Philly and Buffalo I'm going to be following them more closely this year.
scarred but smarter
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Gritt wrote:
demolition23 wrote:What's the over/under on combined games Bradford and Matthews will miss for Philly this year?
A conservative number would be 20.
Take Matthews out of that equation as he evidently is unsigned still and DeMarco Murray is flying to Philly to sign a contract (!)

Meh. Fairly sure Bradford can still somehow conspire to miss twenty games in the regular season.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Looks like Greg Hardy is going to Dallas... FUCK!!!!
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

kylel wrote:Looks like Greg Hardy is going to Dallas... FUCK!!!!
Better there than Tampa. For Panther fans, anyway.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
kylel wrote:Looks like Greg Hardy is going to Dallas... FUCK!!!!
Better there than Tampa. For Panther fans, anyway.

True...
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Cowboys are having one shitty offseason. Love it.

When is that fuckin' Dez Bryant video gonna leak? Anticipation is killing me.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Crazy Levi wrote:Cowboys are having one shitty offseason. Love it.

Didn't have a very good off season last season either. Looked what happened..

Didn't the redskins have a decent off season last season?

ANd looked what happened.

LOL.. Fuck off..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:Cowboys are having one shitty offseason. Love it.

Didn't have a very good off season last season either. Looked what happened..

Didn't the redskins have a decent off season last season?

ANd looked what happened.

LOL.. Fuck off..
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

The Skins finally have draft picks this year. I am praying for line help on both sides.

And I'm going to call my shot and you can save this for posterity: RG3 will have a huge bounce back year.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:The Skins finally have draft picks this year. I am praying for line help on both sides.

And I'm going to call my shot and you can save this for posterity: RG3 will have a huge bounce back year.
Bold prediction.

I don't know about that but I'll also make a prediciom: cowboys bounce back to the shitter.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

It may be bold. It may be wishful thinking. But I just have a feeling.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

On Saturday at 2:30 CT time on ESPN2 there's going to be a friars club roast of Terry Bradshaw. I've already got my DVR setup just in case I miss it. As a life long fan of the Steelers I love me some Terry Bradshaw.

Unless you're some dickhead Cowboy fan :lol: I don't know how you couldn't like the guy. On top of all he accomplished on the field he also gets bonus points for being in one of Burt Reynolds better films from the 70's Hooper.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

eddie lee roth wrote:On Saturday at 2:30 CT time on ESPN2 there's going to be a friars club roast of Terry Bradshaw. I've already got my DVR setup just in case I miss it. As a life long fan of the Steelers I love me some Terry Bradshaw.

Unless you're some dickhead Cowboy fan :lol: I don't know how you couldn't like the guy. On top of all he accomplished on the field he also gets bonus points for being in one of Burt Reynolds better films from the 70's Hooper.
he was always on jay Leno. it got tiresome. he's alright but is he that hilarious? no.
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

TB is so dumb he couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the C and the T.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

FullDJacket wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:On Saturday at 2:30 CT time on ESPN2 there's going to be a friars club roast of Terry Bradshaw. I've already got my DVR setup just in case I miss it. As a life long fan of the Steelers I love me some Terry Bradshaw.

he was always on jay Leno. it got tiresome. he's alright but is he that hilarious? no.
That's not a prerequisite to be a roast subject. They just did a roast for Justin Bieber and I don't remember seeing him doing any standup in the past. I'd expect more out of you than this but then I see your join date and it all makes sense.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Isn't this a repeat? I recall trying to watch his Roast earlier this year. Anyway, it was horrible. He was a poor sport. Plus, the jokes were not funny either. Waste of time if you ask me.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

^
I have no idea if it's a repeat or not probably is since you've already watched it earlier.

I can't imagine him having more than one of these things being done for him.

And really he was a poor sport about it I couldn't see him being a bitch about being roasted.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

A March 26 pet-adoption charity event at a Chicago Bloomingdale’s attempted to auction off a football signed by Jay Cutler. The starting bid was $100. No one placed any bids. No one. Zero.

Fortunately for the Anti-Cruelty Society, an anonymous man bought the football for $100 Thursday, saying he planned to give it to his son. He presumably stayed anonymous because he didn’t want his friends knowing that he bought a football autographed by Jay Cutler.

A book about former Illinois men’s basketball coach Bruce Weber was auctioned off for a reported $120.

[Chicago Tribune]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Lawrence Phillips accused of murdering his prison cellmate. That might turn into two killings............

Phillips, who is currently serving a 31-year sentence in a California state prison for convictions on charges including auto theft and spousal abuse, has now been named as the suspect in the death of his cellmate, a convicted murderer named Damion Soward.
NBC San Diego reports that prison officials confirmed today that they believe Phillips killed Soward, who was found unresponsive in his cell early Saturday morning and died on Sunday. Soward was one of two inmates murdered in the Kern Valley State Prison over the weekend. The other victim, a 41-year-old man, is also believed to have been killed by his cellmate.

-----------------------------------------------
He was due out at 57, this might set that back a bit! There are so many chargers vs Phillips I can't list them on one page. They cross over, mix up, from Auto thief to
--------------------------------------------------

Phillips was convicted in 2006 of seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
The 33-year-old former Nebraska running back has been jailed since August 2005, when he drove onto a field near Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and his car struck three boys, ages 14 and 15, and a 19-year-old man, who suffered cuts and bruises. The car narrowly missed four other people, prosecutor Todd Hicks.
December 2009, Lawrence Phillips was sentenced to a total of 31 years in a California prison, Phillips had choked his former girlfriend to the point of unconsciousness and for assault when driving his car into three teenagers in 2005
-------------------------------------------------

The best live draft ever, Phillips drafted 6th was blasted by Mel Kiper for being the worst pick while Joe Theismann say's Phillips is over his problems and will probably be one of the best RB's.
This lead to a full on fight of words, swearing and before the punches come in ESPN pulled the plug like an EBS test before a commercial break. After the break Theismann was gone the rest of the day.

Totally cut but the first 2 minutes shows the build up. The rest is other crap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhLXspJn0PY

All video clips of the fight are edited. I'd kill to see the full version. Mel Kiper vs Joe Theismann stole the draft coverage of 1996.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

But...but Dick Vermiel cried with Lawrence in jail. That means Lawrence is an ok dude.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:But...but Dick Vermiel cried with Lawrence in jail. That means Lawrence is an ok dude.
No, it means Vermiel is an ok dude.

Lawrence is obviously a sociopath but that's not on Dick.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Gritt wrote:But...but Dick Vermiel cried with Lawrence in jail. That means Lawrence is an ok dude.

I'm just picking on Dick because he once vouched for his character.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

I'm just picking on Dick because he once vouched for his character.
We all get things wrong sometimes. Who knows, maybe Dick STILL thinks Lawrence is a good guy who just can't catch a break. Sociopaths like Phillips can have a strong influence on people and con them easily.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Tebow? I'm starting to wonder if Chip Kelly needs to be drug tested.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Gritt wrote:Tebow? I'm starting to wonder if Chip Kelly needs to be drug tested.
Media circus aside, Tebow is better than their third string QB Matt Barkley.

The best part of the QB thing going on in Philly right now is that none of the jersey makers are putting either Bradford OR Tebow on the back of jerseys because nobody is sure if they will be there by training camp. I guess you could get a Sanchez jersey if you really wanted one.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote: The best part of the QB thing going on in Philly right now is that none of the jersey makers are putting either Bradford OR Tebow on the back of jerseys because nobody is sure if they will be there by training camp.
They would have to be really shitty when it comes to apparel marketing, if that was the case (when it comes to Tebow).

I suppose Nike doesn't qualify as a NFL jersey maker?

http://store.philadelphiaeagles.com/Phi ... ame_Jersey
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

NFC EAST - looks like another year the Cowgirls win the big sky conference. I'm calling it now, no one else will contend. The Browns could take the NFC East. It's another good regular season for Dallas fans, enjoy.
Chip Kelly acts like a guy starving and is shopping at a convenience store, I'll grab a snickers, bag of chips, 6 pack of natty light a Slim Jim and toss in Tim Teabow to go.
Washington, was a mess, is a mess and will always be a mess. leaving the Giants? Enjoy that easy schedule Dallas, you'll make the post season.
Oh they'll fuck up enough to keep one team around but Dallas don't have any competition.

-------------------

Russell Wilson merchandise again tops among NFL players, I guess they made enough anyone can catch these jersey's in the last minute.

-------------------------

I've been following this story maybe once every other month, if the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders fill a stadium in Los Angeles I wish them the best of FUCK. As in fuck right off. I hope the whole deal fails miserably, both teams finish last every year and the city implodes.

-------------------------------------

Adrian "the whooping room" Peterson skips Vikings' offseason workout program. According to a source Peterson has rarely been present for the Vikings' offseason program he normally stays in Houston to workout on his belts and switches. I wonder how many United Way commercials this child abuser will be in.
------------------------------------------------------

Greg Hardy files petition to have domestic violence charges expunged.
The charges were dropped in February because, according to the district attorney's office, Nicole Holder refused to cooperate in the investigation after receiving a financial settlement from Hardy.
The Attorney's office is shit, once they're involved they decided to drop it, carry on or in this case add charges. They should go after her as well.
It should be illegal. Tampering, Obstruction.....It's bullshit either way.
Hardy should have woman beater tattooed on his head if the charges are removed. And his hooker should have, will take a beating for money.
Dallas is a perfect team for him, he'll add to the chemistry.
-----------------------------------------

The National Felon League
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

RIP Doug ... You were a great Bear, a 14 year badass. Every bit as tough as your fellow LB Butkus. For as tough as you were you couldn't have been kinder to me and especially my 2 boys.

Post game will never be the same.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:NFC EAST - looks like another year the Cowgirls win the big sky conference. I'm calling it now, no one else will contend. The Browns could take the NFC East. It's another good regular season for Dallas fans, enjoy.
Chip Kelly acts like a guy starving and is shopping at a convenience store, I'll grab a snickers, bag of chips, 6 pack of natty light a Slim Jim and toss in Tim Teabow to go.
Washington, was a mess, is a mess and will always be a mess. leaving the Giants? Enjoy that easy schedule Dallas, you'll make the post season.
Oh they'll fuck up enough to keep one team around but Dallas don't have any competition.
Please explain how Dallas will have an easy schedule when anybody with the least bit of NFL knowledge understands that Dallas will be playing a "1st place schedule" in the new season?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:NFC EAST - looks like another year the Cowgirls win the big sky conference. I'm calling it now, no one else will contend. The Browns could take the NFC East. It's another good regular season for Dallas fans, enjoy.
Please explain how Dallas will have an easy schedule when anybody with the least bit of NFL knowledge understands that Dallas will be playing a "1st place schedule" in the new season?
Machado- this is why everybody thinks you are a fucking moron.

Whether or not you agree with it, asking for Utah to explain his argument proves that you either don't know how to read or are dumb as a brick. He CLEARLY stated that he thinks the NFC East is terrible, and that Dallas is the best of a shitty lot.

What part of that don't you understand? Dallas gets a first-place schedule in a division full of stiffs - therefore, it's an easy schedule.