The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:I like the King's and I'm just fucking with you. Payback time....
Mostly because and all the shit they talked during last years cup and before the season only to choke down the stretch to the lowly 30th place Sabers. And because your beloved group is one of the teams to win the cup then fail to make the playoffs the next season. I don't care what happened before, where are they now, home watching the Flames and Jet's in the playoffs.
Poetic justice.

The B's on the outside needing help? If Ottawa gets in this will be the most Canadian teams I've seen in the playoffs in a while.

Go Flames vs Rangers.
Anyone comparing this years Kings to the 06 Canes is just flat out ignorant and obviously doesn't know shit about hockey.

This is not a bad team that missed the playoffs....this is a good team that has had bad puck luck. They were again on top of the league in Corsi stats.

Their OT/SO record was 2nd worst in the league, had they won half of those, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:This is not a bad team that missed the playoffs....this is a good team that has had bad puck luck. They were again on top of the league in Corsi stats.

Their OT/SO record was 2nd worst in the league, had they won half of those, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
They're out of the playoffs because of bad luck? :lol:

You don't think other teams had to overcome adversity or PUCK LUCK?

Comparing this team to last year was LA's fan's and the media, all they talked about was dynasty and shit.
If if if if.....Stats? You can possess the puck all you want if you don't score. LA was the first team in almost ten years to miss the playoffs after wining the cup.

Bad luck? One of the worst road teams in the league and couldn't win in O/T or S/O isn't bad luck.

The fucking flames and Jets made it in, LA has no excuses. The Flames wasn't supposed to make the playoffs then lost their best player and still battled too make it in. The Jet's lost Buttfuglin 4 of the last 5 and still won to make it in. Meanwhile The Kings showed no heart down the stretch and lost, no excuses.

LA is a good team of underachievers now they're out and it don't matter but it has anything to do with luck.
I like LA and even if they made it in, no fucking way would it have been the LA of past that took the world by surprise. They ended right where they was supposed to be, out of the race.

No worries, I expect them to be back next year.

The players locked out Sutter after the loss? :lol:
Slap Shots has been told by two sources that the Kings locked the door to their locker room following a defeat on the road within the last two weeks so that Sutter could not get in and deliver what the players apparently expected to be another in a series of lectures/tirades.

As the tale was told, after Sutter finally tracked down an arena operative to unlock the door, he was greeted by three heavy waste receptacles lined up as barricade to what had become an empty room.

Thus, it would be no stretch to suggest tension between the team and the coach, who led the Kings to those two Cups, was a significant issue as L.A. went down the stretch before their elimination Thursday night in Calgary following a shocking defeat two nights earlier in Edmonton, of all places.

Imagine. Players, for once, engineering a lockout.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Frett_Bored
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Frett_Bored »

Jackets finish the season 15-1-1, against a lot of teams fighting for the playoffs and playoff position. And Buffalo.

They just denied the Isles home ice against the Caps with McElhinney in goal. In NY.

Future looks damned bright.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

BOSTON DENIED OF THE PLAYOFFS! PENGUINS TAKE THE FINAL SPOT!
The Boston Bruins' playoff hopes are officially dead.
Boston Bruins Miss Playoffs For First Time Since 2007

Guess it's time to put the cart before the horse. B's are done!

Talk about a great NHL run coming down to the wire in both conferences.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:This is not a bad team that missed the playoffs....this is a good team that has had bad puck luck. They were again on top of the league in Corsi stats.

Comparing this team to last year was LA's fan's and the media, all they talked about was dynasty and shit.
If if if if.....Stats? You can possess the puck all you want if you don't score. LA was the first team in almost ten years to miss the playoffs after wining the cup.

Bad luck? One of the worst road teams in the league and couldn't win in O/T or S/O isn't bad luck.

The fucking flames and Jets made it in, LA has no excuses. The Flames wasn't supposed to make the playoffs then lost their best player and still battled too make it in. The Jet's lost Buttfuglin 4 of the last 5 and still won to make it in. Meanwhile The Kings showed no heart down the stretch and lost, no excuses.

LA is a good team of underachievers now they're out and it don't matter but it has anything to do with luck.
I like LA and even if they made it in, no fucking way would it have been the LA of past that took the world by surprise. They ended right where they was supposed to be, out of the race.

Slap Shots has been told by two sources that the Kings locked the door to their locker room following a defeat on the road within the last two weeks so that Sutter could not get in and deliver what the players apparently expected to be another in a series of lectures/tirades.

As the tale was told, after Sutter finally tracked down an arena operative to unlock the door, he was greeted by three heavy waste receptacles lined up as barricade to what had become an empty room.

Thus, it would be no stretch to suggest tension between the team and the coach, who led the Kings to those two Cups, was a significant issue as L.A. went down the stretch before their elimination Thursday night in Calgary following a shocking defeat two nights earlier in Edmonton, of all places.

My point is more like this....in this three year run the Kings have had, they've never been a good regular season team. In 2012, as you know, they barely squeaked into the 8th spot. Regardless of this, come playoff time, they were one of the most, if not the most, dangerous team in the league. So, I think we can agree, had the Kings squeaked in this year, we'd probably see similar results. And what was the difference of them getting in....looks like a whopping TWO points. Like I said before, the SO record killed them.....and yes, SO's have a shit ton to do with puck luck, look up,the stats. No way a team like the Kings, should have a such a disparity from year to year with the firepower they have in the lineup. Kings play with fire in the regular season, they are the Kings of inconsistency.....this year it got them, and that's good news for every other team in the playoffs.

One more thing, if you believe that Sutter story, you are a fucking retard.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:

Here you go dude, basically EXACTLY what I said....suck it.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-d ... more-38112
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

:lol:

The only one doing the sucking is the LA KINGS and their fans not in the playoffs. Talk about sounding bitter and spewing excuse after excuse.

Here you go, exactly what I said....One of the worst road teams who couldn't win in O/T or S/O to save their season.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=762544

"Getting the extra point in games that went past regulation was an extremely difficult task for the Kings, who were 1-7 in overtime and 2-8 in shootouts. They scored five times in 35 shootout attempts."

"Los Angeles began the season 1-4-4 away from Staples Center and never got much better, finishing 15-18-8 on the road."

--------------------------------------------

Possess the puck all you want, if you can't fucking score. They even tossed in fatigue to help add to the lowly KINGS excuses.

Oh Well, THE KINGS ARE OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS. Enjoy that fact, the only one that counts.

Best of luck to all the teams in the playoffs, should be a good battle.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

EatTheGlass wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:

Here you go dude, basically EXACTLY what I said....suck it.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/how-d ... more-38112
Man you are a prick..you can't make a post without some kind of insult
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

Mazerati wrote:
Man you are a prick..you can't make a post without some kind of insult
Sorry bro, I thought I was posting on Sludge.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Nothing worse then a skirt wearing fan flooding a maxi over his team missing the playoffs. Enjoy the race for the cup and the long off season.

IT WAS BAD PUCK LUCK!
BAD LUCK isn't choking to the Canucks, Flames and the lowly Oilers down the stretch. Because The KINGS is the only team to have bad luck.......But I read it in a story! Nothing a tampon can fix, hang in there.

Bro......... :lol:
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:Nothing worse then a skirt wearing fan flooding a maxi over his team missing the playoffs. Enjoy the race for the cup and the long off season.

IT WAS BAD PUCK LUCK!
BAD LUCK isn't choking to the Canucks, Flames and the lowly Oilers down the stretch. Because The KINGS is the only team to have bad luck.......But I read it in a story! Nothing a tampon can fix, hang in there.

Bro......... :lol:
Look dick, I'm not making excuses for them....their heads weren't in it this season....maybe winning two cups in 3 years will do that to you, I don't know. All I'm saying is that they missed by two fucking points, they aren't exactly Buffalo. And if you look at the SO record, you see what could of been. There is a reason why SOs aren't used in the playoffs.....it's obviously not a representation of the 'team'.

Now excuse me as I cry myself to sleep while watching my 'road to the cup' DVD.....which one should I watch first?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:Now excuse me as I cry myself to sleep while watching my 'road to the cup' DVD.....which one should I watch first?
I'd start with last weeks KINGS vs Oilers game first! :lol:

Enjoy going over last years DVD while they rest of the world is watching this years playoffs!
That 2 point choke has to feel good coming so close only to blow it, DYNASTY team!

It's awesome how you "I'm not making excuses for them" before going into a rant about SO's, 2 points and WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. The Red Wings SO record was 4W 10L and they still made it in. Suck on them apples.

IF IF IF. The KINGS missed the playoffs because they choked to Vancouver, the Flames and Oilers down the finish. 5-4-1 in the last 10 including a weak month of March....They shit the bed down the stretch and you can't accept it like some fanatical teenage girl KISS FAN.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Prediction time:

Habs over Senators in 7
Bolts over Wings in 6
Rangers over Pens in 5
Caps over Islanders in 6

Blues over Wild in 7
Hawks over Preds in 6
Jets over Ducks in 6 (upset special)
Canucks over Flames in 7

Also, I predict Phil Kessel will be two over par, with Milan Lucic smashing his driver on a tree and being asked by the marshall to leave the course. :lol:
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

Senators over Habs in 7
Rangers over Pens in 6
Lightning over Red Wings in 5
Islanders over Caps in 6 - Holtby/Halak matchup will be the key. Halak can't falter a bit.One gaffe could be a game/the series.

Blues over Wild in 7. Hometown kid Jake Allen better get the nod in net or else this province will riot.

Preds over Hawks in 7.
Jets over Ducks in 7 to take the Selanne series
Flames over Canucks in 7 Monahan will be huge in this series.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
EatTheGlass wrote:Now excuse me as I cry myself to sleep while watching my 'road to the cup' DVD.....which one should I watch first?
I'd start with last weeks KINGS vs Oilers game first! :lol:

Enjoy going over last years DVD while they rest of the world is watching this years playoffs!
That 2 point choke has to feel good coming so close only to blow it, DYNASTY team!

It's awesome how you "I'm not making excuses for them" before going into a rant about SO's, 2 points and WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. The Red Wings SO record was 4W 10L and they still made it in. Suck on them apples.

IF IF IF. The KINGS missed the playoffs because they choked to Vancouver, the Flames and Oilers down the finish. 5-4-1 in the last 10 including a weak month of March....They shit the bed down the stretch and you can't accept it like some fanatical teenage girl KISS FAN.
Are you looking into the mirror and arguing with yourself? I admit it, they shit the bed....THEY SHIT THE BED ALL SEASON! But guess what, I'm not worried about it....they can't win the cup EVERY season like your team. Wait, who is your team exactly?

The beuatiful thing is, I can enjoy the summer and the playoffs and know my team will be right back there next season....and IF they make it, they are a Cup contender...AGAIN.
grizzly31
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by grizzly31 »

My predictions...

Blues over Wild
Hawks over Preds
Ducks over Jets
Canucks over Flames

Sens over Habs
Lightening over Wings
Rangers over Pens
Caps over Islanders
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Habs over Senators in 6
Lightning over Wings in 6
Rangers over Pens in 5
Caps over Islanders in 5

Lightning over Habs in 7
Washington over Rangers in 7

Washington over Lightning in 6

Blues over Wild in 7
Hawks over Preds in 6
Ducks over Jets in 6
Canucks over Flames in 7

Hawks over Blues in 7
Ducks over Canucks in 6

Hawks over Ducks in 6

Final : Washington over Hawks in 7
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Senators over Habs in 7
Bolts over Wings in 6
Rangers over Pens in 5
Caps over Islanders in 6

Blues over Wild in 7
Hawks over Preds in 5
Jets over Ducks in 6
Canucks over Flames in 6

I agree with what WOLF said except Montreal :lol:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Watch one of LA or Boston win the draft lottery.

So many teams I really don't want to win the draft lottery:

LA
Boston
Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Jagr resigning with the Panthers was a great move by Tallon imo:

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/04/jarom ... irst-line/

Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

grizzly31 wrote:My predictions...

Blues over Wild
Hawks over Preds
Ducks over Jets
Canucks over Flames

Sens over Habs
Lightening over Wings
Rangers over Pens
Caps over Islanders
Blues over Wild in 6
Hawks over Preds in 7
Ducks over Jets in 5
Flames Over Canucks in 5

Sens Over Habs in 7
Lightening Over Wings in 5
Rangers Over Pens in 5
Islanders over Caps in 6
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

MIN in 6
CHI in 7
WPG in 6
VAN in 7
MTL in 6
TB in 7
NYR in 5
WAS in 6
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Habs over Senators in 7
Bolts over Wings in 6
Rangers over Pens in 5
Caps over Islanders in 7

Blues over Wild in 7
Hawks over Preds in 6
Jets over Ducks in 7
Canucks over Flames in 7
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

pieceofme wrote:Watch one of LA or Boston win the draft lottery.

LA
Boston
Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado
I wouldn't mind the AV's but fuck those other teams. KINGS need a good pick to get close to the playoffs again.

PUCK LUCK! DRAFT LUCK! ANY LUCK!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Habs over Senators in 7
Bolts over Wings in 6
Rangers over Pens in 5
Caps over Islanders in 5

Blues over Wild in 6
Preds over Hawks in 7
Ducks over Jets in 5
Flames over Canucks in 6
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

EatTheGlass wrote:The beuatiful thing is, I can enjoy the summer and the playoffs and know my team will be right back there next season....and IF they make it, they are a Cup contender...AGAIN.
Enjoy the summer having lost to the Oilers and best of PUCK LUCK next year.

LUCK.......... :lol:

The Flames make the playoffs and the KINGS don't. Bet you knew that was going to happen as well.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

UtahRatt wrote:
pieceofme wrote:Watch one of LA or Boston win the draft lottery.

LA
Boston
Toronto
Edmonton
Colorado
I wouldn't mind the AV's but fuck those other teams. KINGS need a good pick to get close to the playoffs again.

PUCK LUCK! DRAFT LUCK! ANY LUCK!
You know, I think I remember you from last year. You were pro-Kings until they spanked the Rangers in the final.....then all of a sudden you couldn't stand them and their 'obnoxious' fans. First of all, what fan-base doesn't have obnoxious fans....Chicago? 9 out of 10 CHI fans have an attitude that the cup should just be handed to them at the start of the season. Then there are NYR fans.....who all believe it's a league conspiracy they didn't win the cup last year.....forget about the dominance of the Kings, it was the refs that cost them.

So you still haven't answered....WHO IS YOUR TEAM? And for the record, you are saying the Kings won't make it back next year? I just want to make sure I take note of your prediction.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Facedown wrote: Goodbye Chiarelli.

Saying goodbye to Campbell, Paille
So far, so good.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:
Facedown wrote: Goodbye Chiarelli.

Saying goodbye to Campbell, Paille
So far, so good.
Chiarelli mismanaged the cap, was too loyal to the guys who won him a cup, and didn't maximize his return for guys like Seguin and Boychuk.

Having said that, he returned the Bruins to respectable status and beyond, along with Claude Julien. Maybe he/they deserved a mulligan? Curious to see if they can come up with a replacement who can do better. Too bad - the guy they could have used is now GM in Vancouver.

Really hope Neely doesn't think Don Sweeney can cut it.

Julien is surely next, once new GM is in place. I thought to myself the other day that Ted Nolan would be an interesting choice. Or John Tortorella - for the fire more than anything else.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Theory came out today that Neely wanted them gone years ago.
Wanted them gone but they won the Cup. Got a pass the next year.
Was ready to let them go against the Leafs but a miracle saved them.
This year he finally got his wish.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.