What decade or era was the NFL's best?

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: What decade or era was the NFL's best?

Post by NeverSurrender »

Crazy Levi wrote:Truther, you know as well as I do that it's IMPOSSIBLE to eliminate injuries in any sport.

Are you seriously suggesting that the rules changes have not made the game safer in regards to spinal injuries? I don't really care WHY the NFL did it (only morons like you really care about motivation).

Also, will you vote for Donald Trump if given the chance?
I havent found any numbers to prove head and spinal injuries, though head injuries are down according to the NFL.

Torn acl's are on the rise since everybody's going low. Dbs have even stated that wrs ask them to hit them high and they will pay their. Jst don't take the knee.

It's safer in how they treat the players after head and spinal injuries. But I'll be happy to read some numbers if you got a link.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Do you care if it's safer for players? Would that sway your opinion?

It seems like you are offended by the whole idea of the rules changes - made to cover the NFL's ass - and really couldn't care less about player safety. I guess I could be wrong about that?

I've said this countless times, and I'll say it again. Watch a "NFL team season highlight video" from the 1980s, and any sane person would cringe. Every play is a horse collar, helmet to helmet, or late hit. The game LOOKS safer to me now. I suppose time will tell if it actually is, at least in regard to head injuries.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I didn't figure you'd come with any stats.

Goodell will save us all.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

The best thing about the 80s was the rbs. Well that and they didn't review every play.

We had Payton, Earl and Franco finishing their careers.

Plus Dickerson, Marcus Allen and Dorsett. Sanders and Bo came in at the end of the decade. I miss rbs.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

NeverSurrender wrote:I didn't figure you'd come with any stats.
And I didn't figure you'd answer any of my questions.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:The best thing about the 80s was the rbs. Well that and they didn't review every play.
What is wrong with reviewing the plays? Isn't the goal to get the play correct and move on? Or would you prefer the "human element" take precedence and allow for egregious calls to stand?

I am sick of fans complaining about the length of a review. Prior to that the fans were complaining when a play was not reviewed.

The technology is there. Embrace it.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:The best thing about the 80s was the rbs. Well that and they didn't review every play.
What is wrong with reviewing the plays? Isn't the goal to get the play correct and move on? Or would you prefer the "human element" take precedence and allow for egregious calls to stand?

I am sick of fans complaining about the length of a review. Prior to that the fans were complaining when a play was not reviewed.

Nice owning.

Fat old men like Truthersurrender simply have to bitch about everything. In the 80s, he was young, relatively thin, and hadn't yet embraced a lonely life of conspiracy theorism. Of COURSE the 1980s was "the best era ever."

That's what sad old people do. Pine for the past.
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

70's and 80's by a country mile. Today's game sucks compared to those days. Too many dudes with zero tackling skills. Too many rules to protect the QB. League needs more violence again, on the field. Way too much violence off the field by ignorant ghetto thugs
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Machado wrote:

Why do you have to review an obvious play? Like on every score or turnover. Maybe you like stoppages all the time. Not me. Not to mention they throw a flag every play too. You probably love that too. It ruins the flow of the game.

Bassmaster1984 wrote:70's and 80's by a country mile. Today's game sucks compared to those days. Too many dudes with zero tackling skills. Too many rules to protect the QB. League needs more violence again, on the field. Way too much violence off the field by ignorant ghetto thugs
Yep lots of prime time wannabes who can't tackle.
Last edited by NeverSurrender on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Machado wrote:
What is wrong with reviewing the plays? Isn't the goal to get the play correct and move on?
It's out of hand with all the challenged calls and commercial breaks. Oh and the time-outs...

I still watch it though. You know how sometimes the final 5 minutes in a nba-playoff games takes 30 minutes to get through? Some football games have that vibe throughout the entire game...
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

You seem to be minority here, Mushado. Then you got the kiss of death when Meathead, who is wrong a lot about footbal gave you a pat on the back.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

FullDJacket wrote:
Machado wrote:
What is wrong with reviewing the plays? Isn't the goal to get the play correct and move on?
It's out of hand with all the challenged calls and commercial breaks. Oh and the time-outs...

I still watch it though. You know how sometimes the final 5 minutes in a nba-playoff games takes 30 minutes to get through? Some football games have that vibe throughout the entire game...
Over-exaggerate much? To me the challenge system is ridiculous, but I would not go as far as to say they are out of hand. Same with the commercial breaks. Those are necessary. No way to avoid them.
So you are 0-2 here amigo!
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

It's ridiculous but not out of hand. You should make up your mind.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:It's ridiculous but not out of hand. You should make up your mind.
Listen up boyo!

The system is ridiculous. To limit a coach to a certain number of challenges per game and if the challenges are used up, the coach cannot challenge an obvious wrong call later in the game. What a stupid rule? Does the technology stop working after the final coaches challenge? No! Then why limit the number of challenges.
Furthermore, if the NFL officials would be hired full time that might improve their performance.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Mushado either really likes a flag every play, or hates it, depending on the weather.

But Levee agrees with you.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Do you care if it's safer for players? Would that sway your opinion?

It seems like you are offended by the whole idea of the rules changes - made to cover the NFL's ass - and really couldn't care less about player safety. I guess I could be wrong about that?

I've said this countless times, and I'll say it again. Watch a "NFL team season highlight video" from the 1980s, and any sane person would cringe. Every play is a horse collar, helmet to helmet, or late hit. The game LOOKS safer to me now. I suppose time will tell if it actually is, at least in regard to head injuries.
You're one of those guys who voted for no dodgeball or contact sports in grade school and never played red rover growing up.
I'm guessing WWE is too violent for you to watch.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:
You're one of those guys who voted for no dodgeball or contact sports in grade school and never played red rover growing up.
Machado, that's untrue.

I don't know what school you went to, but when I was a kid we weren't allowed to "vote" on whether or not we played dodgeball.

And I played high school football.

And WWE is too gay and stupid for me to watch.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:
Machado, that's untrue.

I don't know what school you went to, but when I was a kid we weren't allowed to "vote" on whether or not we played dodgeball.

And I played high school football.

And WWE is too gay and stupid for me to watch.
Your reply was meant for Utah, not me. I type like a man!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Oh I'm sorry.

I thought it was a Machado post. It seemed exactly like something you'd write.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:Mushado either really likes a flag every play, or hates it, depending on the weather.

But Levee agrees with you.
Don't go too far, in between pad league seasons teams build for full contact flag football, leagues and tournaments. I was beat up as much "probably more" in full contact flag games as pad leagues. One tournament, 7 games in two days forced me to take a week off work and miss two weeks of league games with two groin pulls and bone spurs in the left shoulder. That's when I started needing cortisone shots in the left shoulder. And still do.

Stuart Scott played and did a good show on the flag leagues and tournaments across the country.

No contact flag leagues....OK. NFL.....Point taken.

Levi's alright, but you wont catch him watching Hockey, Rugby, Field Hockey, MMA, WWE, Boxing or Dodgeball games

*EDIT* I brought up playing 7 games in two days because it tossed back a memory. I have two groin pulls, a couple games left and a teammate said, I have some tigerbalm use that......Ya like I'm going to rub tigerbalm anywhere near my fucking balls. Go stick your dick in a toaster.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:And I played high school football.
I believe ya.

If you graduated in the mid 90's and turned gay or soft somewhere along the line. And stop talking about CTE, you don't know the first thing about it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I type like a man!
And plunge toilets like a woman.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:
I believe ya.

If you graduated in the mid 90's and turned gay or soft somewhere along the line. And stop talking about CTE, you don't know the first thing about it.
Did they really let kids vote down dodgeball when you were in school?!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:
I believe ya.

Did they really let kids vote down dodgeball when you were in school?!

No foo, all contact sports including dodgeball is banned in grade schools. They've even modified the jungle gyms and monkey bars.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

A jew, a mormon and a pussy argues about football? WTF?
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Utah, my quote was about penalty flags.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

FullDJacket wrote:A jew, a mormon and a pussy argues about football? WTF?
:lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NeverSurrender wrote:Utah, my quote was about penalty flags.
Ya there was a series of derps between three of us.

FullDJacket wrote:A jew, a mormon and a pussy argues about football?
The mormon say's to the jew, lets go fuck that pussy! The Jew says, outta what?
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Mushado hates sweet tea, but really loves sugar cooked with tea.

He only likes peanut butter sandwiches, but he puts jelly on them.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

NeverSurrender wrote:Mushado hates sweet tea, but really loves sugar cooked with tea.

He only likes peanut butter sandwiches, but he puts jelly on them.
You like to take it up the ass, but without the lube.

You will suck another mans cock, but for no fee.

You want to marry Utah Ratt, but that queer is the man in the relationship, much like youself.

QUEER