Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything »

Travis Iishikawa claimed off waivers by Pirates.

Stephen Strasburg on 15 day DL for oblique.

Cardinals Jamie Garcia back on DL with groin.

Josh Hamilton possibly going back on DL for being a fragile crackhead.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The All Star game starters have been announced:

NL
C - Buster Posey SF
1B - PAUL Goldschmidt AZ
2B - Dee Gordon MIA
3B - Todd Frazier CIN
SS - Johnny Peralta StL
OF - Bryce Haper WAS
OF - Matt Holiday StL
OF - Gincarlo Stanton MIA

AL

C - Salvador Perez KC
1B - Miguel Cabrera DET
2B - Jose Altuve HOU
3B - Josh Donaldson TOR
SS - Alcides Escobar KC
OF - Mike Trout LAAAAAAA
OF - Lorenzo Cain KC
OF - Alex Gordon KC
DH - Nelson Cruz SEA

The managers will be Bruce Bochy and Ned Yost. I believe the managers pick the pitchers. If that's the case, since the flyover state got their wish and the majority of the AL's team is Royals, just start Madison Bumgarner. Problem solved. NL wins this one.

*edit

Oops :lol:
Last edited by killeverything on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

I can't believe Neil Goldschmidt won the vote over his brother Paul.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:I can't believe Neil Goldschmidt won the vote over his brother Paul.
Shit. Fixed.

Is there a Neil Goldschmidt? That's the nerd kid from Family Guy right?
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Wikipedia, on Neil Goldschmidt wrote:...an American businessman and former Democratic politician from Oregon who held local, state and federal offices over three decades. After serving as the governor of Oregon, Goldschmidt is widely considered the most influential figure in the state's politics, both as an elected public official and as a lobbyist and policy consultant. His legacy and career were severely damaged by revelations that he had a sexual relationship with a young teenage girl during his first term as mayor of Portland.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Wikipedia, on Neil Goldschmidt wrote:...an American businessman and former Democratic politician from Oregon who held local, state and federal offices over three decades. After serving as the governor of Oregon, Goldschmidt is widely considered the most influential figure in the state's politics, both as an elected public official and as a lobbyist and policy consultant. His legacy and career were severely damaged by revelations that he had a sexual relationship with a young teenage girl during his first term as mayor of Portland.
Oh yeah. I remember that guy, well the fallout from him fucking a minor when it came to light years later.

This one is Neil Goldman.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Pirates' Josh Harrison out 6 weeks with torn thumb ligaments.

Hisashi Iwakuma activated from DL.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Robinson Cano is blaming a stomach illness(parasite) for his struggles this season. Ailment dates back to the previous season.

Have fun with that contract M's fans :lol: :lol:
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

I don't watch the wankee's but how's Tanaka, Chase Headley and Jacoby Ellsbury doing so far this year?
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Robinson Cano is blaming a stomach illness(parasite) for his struggles this season. Ailment dates back to the previous season.

Have fun with that contract M's fans :lol: :lol:
:lol: Oh yeah, bad contracts? Like this one?

Or this one?

How bout Tommy John boy?

Let's not forget DLsbury....whom as we speak is sitting on the fucking disabled list.

This is boring me, but you dumb motherfuckers also signed Brian McCann.

*edit

I forgot about Headley? A 3B I used to watch struggle to hit .300 in AAA.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Yankees announced that outfielder Brett Gardner has been named to this year’s All-Star Game, replacing the injured Alex Gordon of Kansas City.

Gordon is out at least 8 weeks with a groin injury. No surgery required
http://www.kctv5.com/clip/11666661/roya ... oin-injury
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Yankees announced that outfielder Brett Gardner has been named to this year’s All-Star Game, replacing the injured Alex Gordon of Kansas City.

Gordon is out at least 8 weeks with a groin injury. No surgery required
http://www.kctv5.com/clip/11666661/roya ... oin-injury
I think it should have went to Brian Dozier personally, but Bret Gardner is having a good season, so I don't believe the choice is wrong. He gets to play with the KC Royals vs. The NL.

Casey McGeehee's sorry ass signs with Florida.

Mets confirm Steve Matsuz shut down with partial tear. Going for MRI.

Seattle switches Happ with Jesus Montero from AAA. Congrats to the Ms. They have the only GM that Brian Cashman is smarter than. Pineda for Farquerer and Montero. Dumb motherfucker.

St. L, missing their ace still rocks the best rec in baseball. I don't hate the Cards, never cared. I'm indifferent. I will be pulling for them though. Notice how when they lost Pujols they only got better. If that's not the biggest "Albert who?" I don't know what is.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That would be the greatest thing ever if Bumgarner put down every KC player.

July 8th - LAD 5 PHI 0 = Kershaw 9IP 8H 0BB 13SO 2.85ERA
July 9th - LAD 6 PHI 0 = Greinke 8IP 1H 0BB 8SO 1.39ERA

Greinke tosses fifth straight scoreless start, extends scoreless innings to 35 2/3. Greinke lowered his Major League-leading ERA to 1.39 and he hasn't allowed a run since June 13.

Greinke is one of six pitchers in the live-ball era to have five consecutive scoreless starts. A pair of Dodgers, Orel Hershiser and Don Drysdale, are the only ones to throw six straight.

I hardly see any talk about Grenkie - 8W 2L 1.39ERA 0.84WHIP

I said Kershaw would be normal this year, he's been serving up a lot of hits since August. ERA is coming down tho....But giving up a lot of hit's, you can only work out of so many jam's before getting bit.

Pederson AVG has been dropping fast same with his batting order, needs some days off. OBS is still high with BB's but he's in a slump. Bryant might jump the ROY list, he looks great. There's a several Rookies playing well along with a few pitchers.

--------------------------------------------------------

As for the 4th place San Diego Padres, 5 game losing streak, 9 games below .500, 8.5GB. Power rank 21st.

Matt Kemp .242AVG .281OBS 7HR .367SLG So much for thinking Kemp was going to explode this season.

Andre Ethier .279AVG .369OBS 10HR .480SLG
Joc Pederson .228AVG .365OBS 20HF .488SLG
Puigy .285AVG .369OBS 2HR .457SLG Along with Puigy's backups playing good enough.

------------------------------------------------

What about Greinke, starting the All Star Game and Cy running?

The King is in a fight for the CY, .284ERA, at least he's getting support That 11-5 could be 9-4.

Three St. Louis pitchers are in the CY running.....At 4th, 5th and 6th....
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Week 14 Power Rankings. CUB's slide down the top 10 to #8

Biggest Drop: Ray's 7 spots, Biggest Jump: LAA 6 spots. NYY up 2

1 Cardinals
53-28

2 Astros
48-36

3 Pirates
47-34

4 Nationals
46-36

5 Royals
46-33

6 Dodgers
46-37

7 Yankees
44-38

8 Cubs
44-36

9 Angels
44-38

10 Giants
42-41

11 Orioles
43-39

12 Blue Jays
43-41

13 Twins
43-39

14 Rays
43-41

15 Rangers
41-42

16 Tigers
41-40

17 Indians
38-43

18 Mets
42-41

19 Braves
40-42

20 Diamondbacks
40-42

21 Padres
39-45

22 Reds
36-44

23 Red Sox
39-45

24 Athletics
38-47

25 Mariners
38-44

26 Marlins
35-48

27 White Sox
36-43

28 Brewers
36-48

29 Rockies
35-47

30 Phillies
28-56
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Marlins - Jose Fernandez makes history in win over Reds!

Fernandez, who struck out nine over seven innings, improved to 14-0 with a 1.17 ERA at Marlins Park. According to Stats LLC, his streak of 22 home starts without a loss to open his career is the longest since 1914.

The Elias Sports Bureau noted Fernandez is the third pitcher since 1900 to win each of his first 14 home decisions. Johnny Allen (1932-33 Yankees) and LaMarr Hoyt (1980-82 White Sox) each won their first 16 decisions.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:That would be the greatest thing ever if Bumgarner put down every KC player.
Bruce Bochy is the NL coach and Madbum is one of the pitchers. The odds of that happening are pretty high.

I happy for the passionate KC fans that have been dying for their team since September, but the AS selections are ridiculous. I expect the NL to win. Even without Stanton.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

One day late. Sorry Yankee fans.

4 years ago yesterday, July 9, Jeter collected his 3,000th hit in style

http://m.mlb.com/nyy/video/topic/706220 ... uly-9-2011
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Hamilton being looked into for theft charges....

-----------------------
The Lester watch for Saturday July 11th
White Sox 6 Cubs 1 = Lester ( L 4-8 ) 7IP 5R 4ER 3.59ERA

Saturday JULY 11th = Lester has not won in his last 10 starts, dating to May 16.
CHICAGO -- This isn't exactly how Jon Lester envisioned his first half with the Cubs. The left-hander suffered his career-high sixth straight loss on Saturday in the Cubs' 5-1 loss to the crosstown rival White Sox's.

Almost 2 months without a win! Dr Evils *voice* $155 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

------------------

MLB Favorites to win the HR Derby.....I like Joc and all but. I want Fielder.....
MLB.com ran 10,000 simulations on it and determined that Pederson, the Dodgers rookie, is the favorite to win. Here was the breakdown in simulated wins by each 2015 contestant:

Pederson: 2,495 (25%)
Pujols: 2,279 (23%)
Bryant: 1,879 (19%)
Frazier: 1,635 (16%)
Donaldson: 734 (7%)
Fielder: 599 (6%)
Rizzo: 196 (2%)
Machado: 182 (2%)

Figures Machado would be the least favorite, kind of like Sludge!

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/135708488 ... n-the-game

----------------------------------

*****Alex Rodriguez, 'disappointed' not to be going to the All-Star, he said he would walk to Cincinnati if necessary to play in next Tuesday's All-Star Game. :cry:

AstrixRoid just missed it by a Needle, if only he could have Enhanced his Performance or didn't run out of Juice as of late he might have have been able to have Gain an Advantage. This was probably his last Shot.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:One day late. Sorry Yankee fans.

4 years ago yesterday, July 9, Jeter collected his 3,000th hit in style
In style, does that mean Jeter didn't give anyone herpes that day?

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Atlanta Braves closer Jason Grilli out for season with ruptured achilles.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:I expect the NL to win. Even without Stanton.
Stanton still leads the Majors in HR's 27 and 3rd in RBI's.....He would have had one hell of a season. Now the Fish lost Gordon. Hopefully not for long with a thumb sprain?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Atlanta Braves closer Jason Grilli out for season with ruptured achilles.
The Braves have been taking a pounding. The just got swept 4 games from the Rockies and on a 5 game losing streak. There's a lot of word about them being active in the trade market.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Dallas Keuchel and Zach Greinke announced as the ASG starters.

Reds make Jay Bruce available in trades.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

The HR Derby.......No games on, might as well.

The HR format kind of sucks, zero chance to enjoy the blasts, it's totally rushed and over like it never happened. It pushes things along but hitters are gassed with this format. Donaldson just hit a couple monsters, no chance to enjoy them. It felt like a commercial, completely rushed, everything on a clock worse then a 2 minute drill.

I like the head vs head action but all you can hit in 4:00 minutes tire people like, Albert and Prince. Speaking of Prince....He was blasting them out like crazy and got drained, the replays will show him hitting HR's on one knee and slapping them out of the park falling off balance after each shot. You've got to see them, fucking great, crazy strong, one rocket reminded me of Beltre's one knee blast.

Prince looked like he just took a shower.

--------------- 1st round

Donaldson KO's Rizzo 9 - 8 - Donaldson hit some great blast

Frazier KO's Fielder 14 - 13 - That was a blast to watch......Frazier winning in OT....A tired Fielder would have easily went on in the older format but he was dead.

Joc Peterson KO's Machado 13 - 12 - pretty crazy, Joc put up 13 for the win with over a minute left, no over time needed.

Pujols KO's Bryant 10 - 9 - Pujols with his last swing of regular time. Albert was great to watch, clock ticking down inside 20 seconds and he's all cool, fucking with his glove, adjusting his cap and BAM! Win!

------------------------------------------ 2nd round

Frazer KO's Donaldson 10 - 9 Just as time winded down Frazer gets the hit to win.

Joc KO's Pujols 12 - 11 Pujols was blasting them like crazy then started sweating and that started to slip his grip on the bat. Went into bonus time, Pujols nailed it to 11 but couldn't get the 12th. Pujols would have won if there was a rosin bag right there.

-------------------------------Final Round

The best part...In the finals round, the fucking crowed starts boooing Joc Peterson and cheering all the non HR's....Classy crowed. At least Joc gave them the most fuck you's of the Derby before Frazer hit.
Funny part is as the announcers noticed one of Frazers didn't count and.....Frazer's pitcher was throwing before the ball lands because Frazer is telling him early. Some rule. Frazer hit's the wall well below the yellow it wasn't counted then they instantly changed it to counted. It wasn't a HR and they didn't show the replay....YA SURE! RIGGED! RIGGED I SAY!

Frazer vs Joc 15 - 14 Frazer ties it with seconds left and goes into the .30 second bonus round to win.

Frazer wins with 15 on the first pitch....With a little help. One HR hit the wall, not even close and can't pitch before the ball hits the ground, only counts if you're not a Red.

Pretty good Derby, it had to go to the home town player. It was great to watch Frazer, Joc, Pujols and Donaldson get into a zone and start blasting them in a groove, Joc hit 6 in and 4 in row in one round.

No one really flopped, Bryant hit a ton of popup's but got on track to get a respectable number.

You'd think this crowed in Cincinnati was watching an opera. Being a RED, Frazier was the only player the crowed cheered for. The rest of the players was like pre game warm up, nice quite crowed watching a Kenny G concert. Is Cincinnati even a baseball town anymore......Anyway fuck Frazer.

-------------------

Now the All Star Legendary Celebrity game - more fun then the Derby.

Vladimir Gerrero 4 HR's.....Rollie Fingers at 68 put one out.

I was looking to watch Snoop Dog, Olivia Holt and Jennie Finch. Olivia can run but don't know where she's running too. Snoop gets a double and Andre Dawson doubles him in.....They had Snoop mic'ed up, he never shut up and was pretty funny.

Final
AL 25
NL 21

It's turned out to be more entertaining then the HR Derby. There was a play at the plate that would make any ball fan fist punch....Yer out!

I hope someone online caught it I swear to fuck Snoop called Olivia a bitch, he struck her out, and said, yer out bitch!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

ESPN played a clip from the 1970 All Star Game and Pete Rose plowing Ray Fosse the catcher during a play at the plate to score the winning run in the 12th.

During the clip Pete Rose says "People say you shouldn't have slid like that during an All Star Game....Those people are losers!"

What's Pete's involvement with the All Star Game?
Is Pete throwing out the first pitch, or being honored or something? There's been a lot of talk about him being at and involved with this game. Sure it's in Cincy, I don't have much of an issue. I probably wouldn't let him throw out the first pitch. If that's his involvement. But I hope they don't make it a big issue and focus on it all game.

"Fosse still feels effects from 1970 All-Star game collision with Pete Rose"
http://www.sltrib.com/home/2718176-155/ ... fects-from

Fosse has pain and arthritis, endured five knee surgeries has two bum shoulders he never had fixed and a stiff neck. In fairness, he knows a lot of that is a result of the rigors of being a catcher. "My body hurts. My shoulder still hurts," he said. "There was not anybody at the time to say, 'Don't play.' I continued. That's something that I take with a lot of pride."

Oddly, that's exactly how I feel.....From work and sports...Pick the pain and injury. I know a lot of you played and a lot of you might have worked hard but I'm betting a lot of us feel pain. It sucks. As a player we looked as injuries simply as Bad Luck. It happens. It can happen no matter what you do in life.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Home run derby was great this year. Obviously they sped it up because they were concerned about the weather, but that should be the format from now on. Pace = Pressure = Excitement. I get that you don't get too much time to admire the shots, but that's a small price to pay IMO, especially as barring to odd exception. It's just run of the mill jacks off ash pitching.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

demolition23 wrote:Home run derby was great this year. Obviously they sped it up because they were concerned about the weather, but that should be the format from now on. Pace = Pressure = Excitement. I get that you don't get too much time to admire the shots, but that's a small price to pay IMO, especially as barring to odd exception. It's just run of the mill jacks off ash pitching.
It could have been the rain, if after each round they spent time going over the hits it would be more enjoyable but they didn't really do that.
wickedsensation
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by wickedsensation »

I was at the Futures Game and the Softball Game on Sunday, had a blast. UtahRatt, funny you mentioned Snoop's comments after he struck her out -- I thought I heard him say that too, but I wasn't 100% sure. Glad I'm not the only one that heard that! :lol:

I wanted to go to the Home Run Derby as well, but my wife said tickets were $300+. Can't complain though, as she got me the tickets for Sunday's events as well as Fan Fest on Friday.
uptheass wrote:the best ownings are yet to come
Itwalksamongus wrote:We were young and dumb and full of cum so we would take turns in the back of the van jacking each other off. It wasn't gay - it was out of necessity. Things were a lot different back then.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Zach Greinke 4K, 2IP is the first pitcher with 4K since Pedro Martinez ( 5K ) in 1999. Except Pedro didn't issue a walk or give up a HR.

That's what happens when a Dodger gets to use Dave Righetti as his pitching coach and have Posey catching.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Jake DeGrom first pitcher with 3K in an inning with 10 pitches or fewer.

Am I the only one that expected Clayton Kershaw to be the one to give up runs and be on the line for the loss on the big stage? I swear that guy is one more playoff implosion from having to change his last name to Manning.

Why the fuck was he there over Johnny Cueto again?