Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by UtahRatt »

Leppardmania wrote:
Joc Peterson 0-4 3SO
Who is truly the NL Rookie Of The Year?

These were the 2 frontrunners:

Dodgers' Joc Peterson: .223 BA, 21 HRs, 43 RBI, 128 SO..........OUCH!

Cubs' Kris Bryant: .246 BA, 14 HRs, 61 RBI, 126 SO...........OUCH!

Please tell me there is someone more deserving than these underperforming phenoms.
It's not been a Mike Trout, Bryce Harper year that's for sure. I've seen a few good pitchers but I'm not sure who's a stand out now.

I don't think Joc or Bryant are the running hype anymore either.
Both Joc and Bryant started solid and seems like both hit slumps just like a 10 year vet can. It's easy to get a quirk and lose a swing. Making up excuses at this point.

Joc an All Star and in the Derby leading MLB at times or in the top three in HR's into June and the first half. Wasn't hitting a high AVG but was racking up the BB's along with a solid OPS. Started slowing down then by the break he lost his swing all together. All Star first half to completely lost after the break.

I'm not sure about Bryant, he looked about the same way but more up and down. I have no doubt's these guys will be great. I don't think either team is worried. I seen Bryant hit a sweet walk off HR the other day.

--------------------

2013 - Look at Rookie of the year Jose Fernandez, Wil Myers and NL runner up Puig since then. All three went down with injuries and problems since having a great rookie year.
Myers and injuries was trades to the Padres. Frenandez had Tommy John the next season and recently looks to be on a good comeback. Puig got a case of ego disease, who knows where he'll end up.

-----------------

Seems like ROY's are hit and miss with more 2nd and 3rd year players who take off, some stat man like KILL would have better answers but it does seem to be a lacking year.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Then again with their fans, I think Kris Bryant will be a hype with the Cub's no matter how he plays until he's traded or sent back down.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Matt Duffy has outperformed both Pederson and Bryant for the NL ROY. The problem he's facing ( IMO, SF is pretty popular too ) is that both Pederson and Bryant are projected to be superstars, and Duffy an avg. or above avg. player.

For the NL ROY you have to also throw Noah Syndergaard ( it's he or Duffy as my pick ), Chris Heston, and Jung Ho Kang. Take away the star power and the ROY is a fucking free for all.

I'm not sure whom I would pick as the AL ROY. Probably Carlos Correa. Rodon has been making splashes but I think Correa is doing what everyone expected Bryant and Pederson to.

Clayton Kershaw and Jeff Samardzjia named NL and AL Pitchers Of The Month.
Mike Trout and Carlos Gonzalez named AL and NL Hitters Of The Month.
Heany and Kang AL & NL Rookies Of The Month for July.

In 1939 Lou Gehrig said players nowdays have it easier than when he came up. Remember that. :lol: Ted Williams was the AL ROY in '39.

Joe Panik to 15 day DL ( back ). Kelby Tomilson called up from Sacramento.
Coco Crisp returns from 2 month DL absence.
AJ Burnett to miss 4 weeks ( flexor strain ).
Jason Kipnis to 15 day DL ( shoulder ).

Duda hits 9HRs in 8 games a NYM record.
Price 11Ks in Toronto debut.

Ventura apologizes to Bautista. I'm with Machado on this one. Fuck KC, fuck their diehard born in September 2014 fanbase, fuck their we haven't won ANYTHING since 1985 flyover town. I'm to the point of rooting for NYY or LAD if it comes down to it over those cocksuckers.....okay maybe not that far, but fuck KC.

*ETA

Adrian Beltre hit for the cycle. Becoming the 4th player to do it 3 times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Ventura apologizes to Bautista. I'm with Machado on this one. Fuck KC, fuck their diehard born in September 2014 fanbase, fuck their we haven't won ANYTHING since 1985 flyover town. I'm to the point of rooting for NYY or LAD if it cokes down to it over those cocksuckers.....okay maybe not that far, but fuck KC.

Add me to that list as well, I mentioned a few pages ago I was rooting for KC last year and a lot of my life. I've always gave them the underdog card, sorry for your hard times, shitty owner and losing seasons but all that is gone, fuck um. That organization, team, players, fans and city have turned into the worst combined bunch of meat heads in the history of sports over the course of ONE year. I've hated the Yankee's since I was a kid and would rather see them win the World Series then I would KC just making the playoffs this year.
Cowboys
Yankees
all Chicago teams "except Sox"
Broncos
Knicks
LA Kings
Winnipeg jets
Utah Jazz

All those teams with decades of hate including the ones I dislike now don't equal the FU KC Band Wagon I'm jumping on. Then again wouldn't it be great to watch them win the WS and burn the city down? They'd make Detroit look like Dubai.
I think I'm pissed because I liked and rooted for KC all this time and this is how they act. As classless and big headed as Yankee and Giant fans and haven't won anything yet!

KC and their fans are the worst team and fan base, they did in one year what it took Giants and Red Sox's fans to do in decades and decades. :wink:

Of course Yankee's as a team and the band wagon fans were born morons. They didn't even have to earn the title they come with a stamp

Which is still being better then a 2014-2015 Kansas City Royals pinetar baby fans.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:When Ted Williams requested the paycut after his 1959 season in which he, for the first time in his career hit below .300 ( .254 ).

Williams felt he didn't earn his salary. He played his last season in 1960, where he hit .316 including a HR in his final at bat.

While seeing Tony Gwynn and Miguel Cabrera was and is amazing, we'll never see something like this again.

As they say, they don't make guys like him anymore. Not that he didn't have his flaws either but one thing about Ted Williams, has there ever been a player with a more perfectly fluid effortless swing?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Mark Texeira sets mlb record by homering from both sides of the plate in a game ( 14 ). He broke the tie with Nick Swisher ( whom I always found to be horribly underrated, but had no idea he had that record ).
I had to go back and touch on this, my first thought was Eddie Murray last I remember he was tied for the most with 11 with Chilli Davis but can't find the list.
I watched him do it live during a rehab game his last year in baseball in AAA. His Right side blast was the longest HR I've ever seen. Stormy day, the wind gusting out strong, the ball traveled so far I want to go back and measure it to this day. One of those you'd have to be there.....
I was on the LF lawn and started running as soon as it left his bat but it went over a concession stand then kept going over the back side park fence onto the grass and rolled over a sidewalk onto the street. 500'+ is where I'd start...One of the most amazing blast I've seen in my life from one of my favorite players.

Fun fact - or shitty fact....

In 1990, Murray led the Major Leagues in hitting, but failed to win the National League batting crown; that went to Willie McGee, who already had enough plate appearances to qualify for it when he was traded from the National League's St. Louis Cardinals to the American League's Oakland A's. McGee won the NL batting crown with a .335 average, but hit only .274 the rest of the season in Oakland, for a season average of .324, .006 lower than Murray's major league leading .330 average.

----------------------------------

John Smoltz says Mets pitchers 'way better' than 1990s-era Braves...... :shock:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:KC and their fans are the worst team and fan base, they did in one year what it took Giants and Red Sox's fans to do in decades and decades. :wink:
:lol:
UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote: Image
one thing about Ted Williams, has there ever been a player with a more perfectly fluid effortless swing?
It's pretty difficult to argue there was a better hitter than Ted and considering he missed 5 years of his prime for WW2 and Korea. It's possible he would be at Aaron, Ruth, Mays level if not.

That said I think Griffey Jr.'s is the best swing I ever saw.
I mean just look at this shit.

UtahRatt wrote:John Smoltz says Mets pitchers 'way better' than 1990s-era Braves...... :shock:
I heard that. They have scary rotation that is only going to get better. I don't know if I would say that they're better than Atlanta though. Maddux was Pedro level, Glavine is the #1 starter on damn near any other team, Schmoltz was an elite starter to elite closer. Let's see NYM win 14 straight first. Actually let's let them win fucking one first.

Which brings up my next fun point. After NYM surpassed WAS for the lead in the East, Bryce Harper responds with "I don't give a crap." He's an ornery fucker ain't he? The Nats never living up to the hype and he not being as good as Mike Trout is really starting to break him down.

Of course I thought that last year and he single handedly almost advanced Washington himself in the post season.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

MLB suspends Blue Jays Aaron Sanchez 3 games and mgr. John Gibbons 1 game for Sunday's KC plunking.

Micheal Pineda won't return before September according to Girardi.

Tigers dismiss president/CEO/GM Dave Dombrowski. I wonder if that's gonna coincide with Lucchino's leaving in Boston.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Took this from ESPN.COM

22 years ago today, Ryan and Ventura had their epic fight in Texas

Here are 13 other things you should know about the Ryan-Ventura fight:

Ryan was not ejected from the game.

Ventura and White Sox manager Gene Lamont were ejected, and Craig Grebeck entered the game to replace Ventura. Ryan earned the victory, allowing three hits in seven innings. "Boy, I tell ya what, that's the maddest we've seen Gene Lamont since he's been in a Sox uniform," White Sox play-by-play man Ken Harrelson said on the television broadcast.

Umpire Richie Garcia worked first base in the Ventura game and said Ryan was fully entitled to defend himself. Ryan was ejected just once in his career, by Garcia in a 1992 game against the Oakland Athletics.

Ventura is the only batter Ryan hit in 13 games that season.

Ryan made 800 pitching appearances (766 starts) prior to the Ventura game and six appearances (all starts) afterward. He won his next two starts for the final victories of his Hall of Fame career.

Ryan, at 6-foot-2 and 212 pounds, had a slight size advantage over Ventura, who was 6-1, 198.

Rangers coach Mickey Hatcher appeared to get the worst of the skirmish, suffering a gash above his right eye.

The Rangers won the game 5-2 to draw within 5½ games of the first-place White Sox in the AL West. The White Sox went on to win the division but lose to the eventual World Series champions, the Toronto Blue Jays, in the AL Championship Series. Texas finished the season in second place, eight games behind Chicago.

Ryan was seven years older than his manager at the time, Kevin Kennedy.

Aside from Ryan, the oldest players in that game were Texas relievers Craig Lefferts and Tom Henke, who were both 35.

Other players of note who appeared in the game include Tim Raines, Bo Jackson, Ozzie Guillen, Rafael Palmeiro, Juan Gonzalez and Ivan Rodriguez. Future Hall of Famer Frank Thomas had the day off.

Matt Merullo, Chicago's designated hitter in that game, celebrated his 28th birthday the same day. He batted third and went 1-for-3, singling off Ryan and scoring in the first inning.

Ryan and Ventura reunited with no hard feelings at a game in 2012. By that time, Ryan was CEO of the Rangers, and Ventura was a rookie manager of the White Sox. Ryan is now an executive adviser for the Houston Astros, and Ventura remains manager of the White Sox.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

killeverything wrote:
Tigers dismiss president/CEO/GM Dave Dombrowski. I wonder if that's gonna coincide with Lucchino's leaving in Boston.
Word up here is he's interested in the Blue Jays' president job. He enjoyed his time in Montreal.

I'm sure he would not mind a bidding war though.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Richie Schaeffer of Tampa Bay hit a HR in his first MLB AB.

Here's his teammates messing with him.

I had thought that was a rarer occurrence, happening once since Will Clark off Nolan Ryan in '86. Turns out I was wrong. It has happened 114 times. The last one being Eddie Rosario of Minnesota last year.

*Fun Fact. Adam Wainwright ( yes, that one ) hit a HR in his first AB in 2006.
**Gary Gaetti has the most career HRs ( 360 ) for hitting a HR in his first AB ( 09/20/81 ).

*ETA

Blue Jays LHP Latroy Hawkins becomes the 13th pitcher in mlb history to record a save against all 30 teams.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Blue Jays LHP Latroy Hawkins becomes the 13th pitcher in mlb history to record a save against all 30 teams.
It's odd hearing his name, I watched him with the Rockies in 07 and thought he was about done then. He's almost as old as I am. Made his debut April 29, 1995.

One good thing over the last couple days, Joc Peterson has been Joc, 6 walks in the last two games when he had 4 in all of July.
It's weird how he wasn't hitting a high avg but would gather up walks like crazy. Walk, Strike Out or hit a HR.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

8/6/99, Tony Gwynn gets his 3,000 hit.

How unfortunate Tony had to get the hit in Montreal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Taw0BloL8ns
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Machado wrote:8/6/99, Tony Gwynn gets his 3,000 hit.

Crowd was quite loud for a small bunch. 1999 was the start of the Loria era in Montreal. He cancelled the radio and TV deals, totally alienated the fan base. A fan base who had still not gotten over what the strike did to the 1994 team. Baseball was dying, if not dead, in Montreal at that point. Thank you: Bud Selig, Jeff Loria, and David Samson.

Since we're talking Gwynn and Expos , why isn't Tim Raines in the HOF again? Gwynn is, isn't he?

Games Played: advantage Raines
Runs: advantage Raines
Hits + Walks: equal (almost exactly)
Extra Base Hits: advantage Gwynn
RBI: advantage Gwynn
Stolen Bases: advantage Raines (massive)
OBP: equal (almost exactly)

Montreal Rays or Montreal A's? Which will it be?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WOLF wrote:
Machado wrote:8/6/99, Tony Gwynn gets his 3,000 hit.

Crowd was quite loud for a small bunch. 1999 was the start of the Loria era in Montreal. He cancelled the radio and a TV deals, totally alienated the fan base. A fan base who had still not gotten over what the strike did to the 1994 team. Baseball was dying, if not dead, in Montreal arc that point. Thank you: Bud Selig, Jeff Loria, and David Samson.

Since we're talking Gwynn and Expos , why isn't Tim Raines in the HOF again? Gwynn is, isn't he?

Games Played: advantage Raines
Runs: advantage Raines
Hits + Walks: equal (almost exactly)
Extra Base Hits: advantage Gwynn
RBI: advantage Gwynn
Stolen Bases: advantage Raines (massive)
OBP: equal (almost exactly)

Montreal Rays or Montreal A's? Which will it be?
Montreal had a lot of fan support until Loria and Selig. You could see from the ovation given there. Man, they fucked that team. The more I've read about it the more I see it now. I still haven't had the time to pick up that book though.

I don't understand Tim Raines' exclusion. I never have, especially after Ron Santos and Jim Rice ( I was for, but kind of think he was just under now ) got in.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAD vs Philly - Zack Greinke gives up 5ER in the 1st and still gets the win. Greinke tossed an error pick off play in the 1st and a 5 run avalanche followed. To help his cause Zack went 3AB 3H 3R 1RBI 1HR

Dodgers 10 F
Phillies 8

Greinke 6IP 7H 6ER 2BB 8SO 1HR
Buchanan 4IP 10H 7ER 1BB 2SO 2HR Buchanan has been getting tore up all year 7.23ERA .328AVG.

After going 4W 0L .95ERA in July, this outing bumped Greinke's ERA from 1.41 up to 1.71 Almost PEDRO LIKE!

-----------------------------------

Giants 4 Cubs 5

With the win the CUBS leaped over the Giants for the last WC spot....It's August but kills me everyone has been talking about the WC since before the fucking BREAK! All of it coming from Chicago but I can understand it. I think they might take it. It's going to be LAD or the Giants they kick out.

-------------------------

Houston 5 Oakland 4 - F10 Oakland shut out Houston for 7, blew it, pulled off a comeback with 2 in the 9th to tie, just to fold in the 10th.
That hurts. I think what hurts is the A's relief.

------------------------------------
Wild life: Squirrel interrupts Royals vs Tigers, rally squirrel beats KC.

KC lost to Detroit, that's all you need to know and cheer about.

Video, about the 1:10 mark the announces get amusing.
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/141568990 ... erica-park

-----------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of animals, it reminded me of Randy Johnson destroying that dove at Coors Field. Remember how Randy is a Photographer now and touring with RUSH along with that MLB + RUSH contest last month?
I just noticed Randy Johnson's photography company LOGO....:lol:

SB Nation - Randy Johnson's photography company logo is a dead bird
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/6 ... ll-of-fame
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Speaking of animals, it reminded me of Randy Johnson destroying that dove at Coors Field. Remember how Randy is a Photographer now and touring with RUSH along with that MLB + RUSH contest last month?

Good thing Randy never destroyed a lion with a fastball then made a logo mocking it! Imagine the upROAR?
Watch out! The LIBERAL MEDIA is coming for you...

Nick Swisher and Micheal Bourne going to Atlanta for cash and Chris Johnson.

Today is the day that Barry Balco didn't actually surpass Aaron on the HR list.

ETA

Clayton Kershaw's scoreless IP streak ends at 37.

The Red Sox and Rangers have a deal to send Napoli back to TX.
* trade is for PTBNL or cash...which is just as good as money.

Most shortstop HR in the first 51 career games.

Carlos Correa 14
Nomar Garciaparra 9
Gary Sheffield 8
Ernie Banks 8
Geoff Blum 8
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Clayton Kershaw's scoreless IP streak ends at 37.
LAD 4
PITT 5 10th F

Jim Johnson - has been a game killer every time he's taken the mound since coming over from Atlanta. 3 games 2kills 1pulled. 1.64 in July to 13.50ERA in 3IP with LAD. 3IP half as many hit's as he did in all of July. 2HR in 3IP with LAD, 2HR all year with the Braves. He can't even give LAD an inning let alone INNINGS. What do you do with a guy like that, fuck. So long and thanks for all the fish. It's only 3 innings, but that's 3 games, you have be careful with a player like that. Put him in with a huge lead, getting stomped or stay on the bench.

Kershaw is one of six pitchers since 1974 to have had multiple 30-plus-inning scoreless streaks and, according to Elias, he's the first since Luis Tiant in 1968 and 1972 to have multiple single-season scoreless streaks of 37 or more innings.

Greinke and Kershaw are the first teammates to have streaks of at least 35 innings in the same year since 1908 (Mordecai "Three Finger" Brown and Ed Reulbach with the Cubs).

---------------------

Cubs beat Giants again, let's play two. 2 + WC
Giants 3
Cubs 7 F

Lester won another! 7w 8LOSSSES. 155 MILLION. If they make the playoff's it will because of him.
-------------------------------
The Red Sox and Rangers have a deal to send Napoli back to TX. Boston should have offered TX, Sandoval and cake.

The Padres drop below the D-Backs...... :oops:

Mike Trout hits three home runs in four years on his birthday, Aug. 7.
I wanted Harper for MVP since the spring but Harper has really turned into a whiny bitch. I might have to start rooting for Trout or Goldfinger.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:Speaking of animals, it reminded me of Randy Johnson destroying that dove at Coors Field. Remember how Randy is a Photographer now and touring with RUSH along with that MLB + RUSH contest last month?

Good thing Randy never destroyed a lion with a fastball then made a logo mocking it! Imagine the upROAR?
Seriously, I bet if this was brought up a lot of people would run around like a chicken with their head cutt off.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: That said I think Griffey Jr.'s is the best swing I ever saw.
I agree Griffey had the sweetest swing we got to watch and put next to Ted's there's not a lot of difference. Both as fluid as you can get.

Speaking of Gwynn, he hit like a machine. But I wasn't a big fan, how could you not like the guy but I hated his just hit approach. It was almost too easy, oh here's Gwynn, just put him on 2nd and pitch to the next batter. Imagine if he tried to hit HR's into his equation.

My personal favorite was free swinging Vladimir Guerrero......He just looked cool blasting HR's from every angle.

As far as beautiful fluid swings some runner ups in the era off the top of my head...
Darryl Strawberry
Todd Helton
David Justice

On Tony Gwynn.....
Mark Loretta, long time Padre and now member of the SD front office, shared with me in a text, “He took the emotion out of hitting. He always said he boiled it down to a game of percentages. He knew that if he could hit the ball hard 7-8 times out of 10, he'd get at least 3.5 hits. He was really able to take a positive out of a hard out."

Gwynn was a sabermetrician when the rest of the world was still mind-numbingly focused on batting average (ironic, given his eight batting titles). We are just now discussing line drive percentage and referencing hard hit balls. Gwynn inadvertently showed us how to better measure a baseball player simply by shifting the focus from the result to what he could control.

--------------------------

I read a rumor again saying 32yo Zack Greinke would be a fit in Boston come the off season while the Dodgers would look to pay a high price for a younger stud. I hope not. What a great time for Zack to have a career year.

From 32yo Zack's mouth, it's all because of fucking Lester and Max Scherzer. Since teams are reluctant to sign over 30yo to long terms this 3 year opt out he's going to jump on it thinking it's his last shot at a big contract. I still think the Dodgers will try and make it work but could see them go after a Price or someone younger. With his buy out LAD should just add another 30m to 50m to keep him around.

---------------------------------------

Padres - James Shields and Matt Kemp placed on revocable waivers
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Jays rolling, Mets rolling, A-Rod crushing it for an old dude... I love baseball right now! 8)
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Red Sox trade Mike Napoli and cash to Rangers for ptbnl or cash.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote: That said I think Griffey Jr.'s is the best swing I ever saw.
I agree Griffey had the sweetest swing we got to watch and put next to Ted's there's not a lot of difference. Both as fluid as you can get.

Speaking of Gwynn, he hit like a machine. But I wasn't a big fan, how could you not like the guy but I hated his just hit approach. It was almost too easy, oh here's Gwynn, just put him on 2nd and pitch to the next batter. Imagine if he tried to hit HR's into his equation.

On Tony Gwynn.....
Mark Loretta, long time Padre and now member of the SD front office, shared with me in a text, “He took the emotion out of hitting. He always said he boiled it down to a game of percentages. He knew that if he could hit the ball hard 7-8 times out of 10, he'd get at least 3.5 hits. He was really able to take a positive out of a hard out."

Gwynn was a sabermetrician when the rest of the world was still mind-numbingly focused on batting average (ironic, given his eight batting titles). We are just now discussing line drive percentage and referencing hard hit balls. Gwynn inadvertently showed us how to better measure a baseball player simply by shifting the focus from the result to what he could control.
Gwynn also studied under Ted Williams. Williams retired to Florida so he could fish and if you're old I believe you have to move to Florida. Williams was from San Diego though and still spent a large amount of time there.

Tony talked about establishing a friendship with Ted and how when they started working together it turned him into an elite hitter.

Like Asteriskrod, his PED -suspensions knock him out of the equation for me. That said prior to, I believe Manny Ramirez was arguably one of the best RHH of all time.
Curt Schilling, post retirement interview.
Q:Who is the best hitter you ever saw?
A: Manny Ramirez. There is not even a close second.

They hated each other. Schilling played against Bonds, Williams, Helton, Griffey, etc.
UtahRatt wrote:read a rumor again saying 32yo Zack Greinke would be a fit in Boston come the off season while the Dodgers would look to pay a high price for a younger stud. I hope not. What a great time for Zack to have a career year.

From 32yo Zack's mouth, it's all because of fucking Lester and Max Scherzer. Since teams are reluctant to sign over 30yo to long terms this 3 year opt out he's going to jump on it thinking it's his last shot at a big contract. I still think the Dodgers will try and make it work but could see them go after a Price or someone younger. With his buy out LAD should just add another 30m to 50m to keep him around.
I thought Boston was one of the teams on his no trade list. The media/fanbase would tear him apart. There is no way he ends up there.

Jose Fernandez to have shoulder looked at. Fuck.

Toronto has been on a tear. Adding Price just might be the kick in the ass they needed. I still can't believe Beane gave them Donaldson.
Matt Kemp and James Shields placed on irrevocable waivers
I think Kemp stays. His contract is stupid and he's playing horribly. Shields? I'm not sure. He'll cost some prospects but I'm not sure he's worth it. I always thought he was kind of overrated myself.

I'll always hate the Mets, but it's been cool to see them do well. I don't think they're the Braves2.0, even though that pitching staff is pretty scary.

"I challenged him with a pitch and he took it". - Clayton Kershaw on scoreless streak ending.
That dude is a pretty likable player. You have to agree there.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

The DEVIL Rays ended the Mets 7 game win streak.

The Cubs ended SF's season ( I still think Cain can return to form, but it's too late this year ).

The fucking Cardinals ( the whole staff ) hasn't allowed a run in 36 innings.

Strasburg is back with 12K 0BB in 7IP. I will forever remain anti-NY, but hope the Mets take the East. I just dislike the Nats. I don't know why. Something about them just pisses me off.

Randy Johnson's #51 was retired today. RJ jammed the drums. I guess he's a musician next to photographing Rush.

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

YouTube ha a MLB Classics channel. Last night I found the 1952 World Series, Game 7,
Dodgers vs Yankees. Entire TV broadcast with Mel Allen & Red Barber.
Mickey, Jackie Robinson, Martin, Pee Wee, Duke Snider, etc.....
So much fun to watch. This was the game where Billy Martin raced in from 2nd base
to catch a pop up for the 3rd out of the innings. While the bases were loaded. Have always heard
of the play and it lived on as a legendary play. Watching the footage I can see why. Martin raced in and had no business catching the ball.

Umpires wore suits
The fans watching wore suits

Highly recommend this game and the channel for full WS games of the past.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:YouTube ha a MLB Classics channel. Last night I found the 1952 World Series, Game 7,
So much fun to watch. This was the game where Billy Martin raced in from 2nd base
to catch a pop up for the 3rd out of the innings. While the bases were loaded. Have always heard
of the play and it lived on as a legendary play. Watching the footage I can see why. Martin raced in and had no business catching the ball.

Umpires wore suits

Cool. I'm gonna watch game 7 of 2001 ( probably my alltime favorite WS game ) later. I wanted to see the '54 series, but it's only the radio broadcast I can find and of course, footage of Mays' catch.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Mariners send AAA 3B prospect Carlos Rivero to Boston for cash. Good for them. That should help with the 5/95m contract they gave Fat Panda.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
Machado wrote:YouTube ha a MLB Classics channel. Last night I found the 1952 World Series, Game 7,

Umpires wore suits

Cool. I'm gonna watch game 7 of 2001 ( probably my alltime favorite WS game ) later. I wanted to see the '54 series, but it's only the radio broadcast I can find and of course, footage of Mays' catch.

EFF YOU!
:lol: :lol:

Don't forget to watch game 7 of 2003 ALCS. The Sox manager didn't pull
Pedro soon enough :lol:

Last night I watched game 2 of 2000 WS. Clemens hurled the shattered bat towards Piazza. That fight would have been epic. Clemens would have ripped Piazza apart. While on Roids, Piazza would not have a chance
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Umpires wore suits

EFF YOU!
:lol: :lol:

Don't forget to watch game 7 of 2003 ALCS. The Sox manager didn't pull
Pedro soon enough :lol:

Last night I watched game 2 of 2000 WS. Clemens hurled the shattered bat towards Piazza. That fight would have been epic. Clemens would have ripped Piazza apart. While on Roids, Piazza would not have a chance
I would actually like to see that. Piazza wasn't small either. They were both pussies though.

2003 didn't bother me. I knew Beckett and Florida was going to destroy whomever the AL sent up. That Boone walkoff was probably the best thing to happen to Boston because they would have lost the WS.

I'll forever remain a Josh Beckett fan. That dude was talking so much shit to the Yankee fans while he was there. I always dug his temper. Dude is like 6'7" I think. There's no charging the mound when he's on it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I agree. Both Piazza and Clemens were pussies. A lot of bark and nothing else.
I don't blame Piazza for keeping cool. He did not need to get ejected from a WS game. I read he regrets that day more than anything in his baseball career. Only because he did not fight Roger, WHATEVER!!!

How about that game 2? I think that's the game where Jeter threw out Timo at home from short left field. Timo did not hustle right away and paid the price for that. Just another reason why the Mets were not in the same class as
Yankees in 2000