The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Owner Jerry Jones traded an undisclosed draft pick to the Raiders in exchange for Brice Butler...

Brice Butler @Brice_Butler
Now it's time to play for Americas team! #CowboysNation I'm coming!!! :lol: :lol:

Americas team! You go Brice! :lol:
Dumbest fucking team nickname ever. Reminds me of all those lame ass reality shows. Then again most of their fans and the team are a low rent reality show.

Nice pay check Dez! :mrgreen:
Mr Bench maker.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Mondays and the rest of the week are always better when the Cowboys win and the rest of this shitty division loses.

It won't happen every week. So, I will saviour these times. :lol:
Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin pulled a Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson x 10! Telling your RB not too score! To go up 10? with 1:30 left? Unfuckingbelievable! That pass and set of downs will be the Dumbest play called this year. Dallas dodged a bullet and I'd be a bit worried, thankful and grateful they escaped after that performance. It is nice when everyone else loses, the planets were aligned for sure.

I honestly still can't believe that 3rd down. I instantly knew in that formation it was going to be play action which blew my mind but my second thought was....If no one was open he'd take a knee, he'd go down, no problem.
Then my jaw hit the floor. First I couldn't believe they didn't just run it in for the TD three times even on 4th down but to pass on third down let alone out of the end zone? Then to hear they told the RB not to score and they was confused on Time Outs? I'd fire Coughlin on the spot, seriously.

A wins a win, don't matter how stupid the giants were but I'd be a little concerned with how bad they played. I had Dallas by 10.
Romo with no pressure drove down the field without any defense, wide open receivers RGIII could have hit. The Giants are horrible, for the Cowboys to even be in that spot shows they have some work to do. Embarrassing or not it's a win and also proved they've got work to do.
Even if that last drive was like playing a High School team, the Giants blew it, gave them the momentum and a wide open field. Easy or not, hats off to Dallas for making the comeback. The Giants deserved to lose. They deserve to get blasted. Coughlin and Eli should be set on fire. I don't even like the Giants, I can't imagine what their fan pages are saying.

But Dallas got the win, hope they play better the rest of the way.

----------------------

Eli Manning basically handed Dallas a victory on a silver and blue platter
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/why-did ... as-cowboys

Eli Manning, ridiculously, inexplicably and bewilderingly threw a pass on third-and-goal from the one-yard line with 1:43 remaining.
With Dallas out of timeouts, the layman’s play call would have been to run the ball on third-and-1, milk the clock down to just under 50 seconds, kick the field goal (or maybe even go for it) and let Dallas have to make that same drive in 35 fewer seconds.
But maybe Giants coach Tom Coughlin, whose hot seat just got a little warmer, liked the idea of switching things up with a pass attempt. With everyone looking run, springing a tight end off the line isn’t a horrible idea. It’s not necessarily a good idea, but it ain’t horrible.

What is a horrible idea is getting flushed out of the pocket, as Eli Manning did, and then throwing the ball out of the end zone, thus stopping the clock and forcing a field goal with 1:37 left instead of, say, 55 seconds. It’s insane. Eli is a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback. He’s the active leader in most consecutive starts. His football IQ is generally high, even if he tries to force the ball into too many tight spots. It’s simply unfathomable that he didn’t fall to the turf to take a sack in that situation to let the game clock run. By doing so, he gave Tony Romo just enough time to lead Dallas on a game-winning drive.

As Tony Dungy said after on NBC, the decision for Eli to throw the ball instead of falling down was “absolutely baffling.”
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Giants - What was the dumber incident.

Jason Pierre-Paul playing with fireworks
or
The Eil and Coughlin fiasco at the 1yd line

I want to say a Push with Eli's being more embarrassing.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

UtahRatt wrote:Giants - What was the dumber incident.

Jason Pierre-Paul playing with fireworks
or
The Eil and Coughlin fiasco at the 1yd line

I want to say a Push with Eli's being more embarrassing.
The Seahawks Super Bowl FAIL easily trumps that Giants play for "dumbest fucking call/execution."

The JP-P fireworks incident is in a league of its own for brain dead stupidity.
K.K.VanMalmsteen
Headlining Clubs

Post by K.K.VanMalmsteen »

JPP is tied for All Time Most Retarded Giant with Plaxico Burress
Eli's got a hammer lock on 3rd place though.

eddie lee roth wrote:If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbaya before we blow each other you've come to the wrong place motherfucker.
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:25 am Ready, Set, Anal.
$tEvil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Denver vs KC tonight
Huge game for Peyton. He might not make it out alive if he continues
to take hits like he did last week vs Baltimore
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Machado wrote:Denver vs KC tonight
Huge game for Peyton. He might not make it out alive if he continues
to take hits like he did last week vs Baltimore
It's a huge game for both teams, not just Peyton. Denver's o-line is questionable at best, but actually so is the Chiefs o-line. Gonna see a lot of sacks tonight I think. Chiefs had 5 sacks last week. Hope to get that or more tonight. Hopefully, the Chiefs o-line does better than Denver overall. Detroit blowing that huge lead they had over San Diego really pisses me off.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Well. That was a fucking nightmare. :evil:
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Classic Chiefs. Another great Chiefs defense will be wasted by their subpar offense. Carrying on a tradition that goes back to the early 90s.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Gritt wrote:Classic Chiefs. Another great Chiefs defense will be wasted by their subpar offense. Carrying on a tradition that goes back to the early 90s.
It remains to be seen how "great" their defense is. That piece of shit CB Fleming was getting abused because he sucks. The only good thing is his ass is going back to the bench when Sean Smith comes back, but that's still a couple of weeks away.

Does the Chiefs offense suck or is the play-calling completely moronic? Charles could help out a little by holding onto to the goddamn ball too. The game loser is the one that everyone will talk about, but remember, he also lost a fumble on the Chiefs 1st drive when they were in the red zone. Charles gets a HUGE amount of the blame for this loss. That 1st lost fumble was as big a killer as the last.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

Christ dude settle down. 1-1 ain't that fuckin bad.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Did Reid (or the Chiefs OC) do a phone-a-friend to Darrell Bevell for that play call?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Christ dude settle down. 1-1 ain't that fuckin bad.
I live in the heart of Chiefs territory. All of their fans are like this.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

A last minute collapse against a division rival, at home, is pretty bad. This could come back to haunt them by the end of the season.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:
I live in the heart of Chiefs territory. All of their fans are like this.
Just to be in the game after 2 picks from an every other week QB and 3 fumbles was bad enough but to implode during Denver's last drive? Ok KC choked that then the kick to the balls.....

Calling a fucking draw with 36 seconds left? Andy Reid, 2nd dumbest call this year......From the 20 yard line? A draw? DERP!

The first thing that came to mind.....Miracle at the Meadowlands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlmUw2zcc8Q

Andy Reid delivers the Arrow to the Heart at Arrowhead.

Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
I honestly still can't believe that 3rd down. I instantly knew in that formation it was going to be play action which blew my mind but my second thought was....If no one was open he'd take a knee, he'd go down, no problem.
Then my jaw hit the floor. First I couldn't believe they didn't just run it in for the TD three times even on 4th down but to pass on third down let alone out of the end zone? Then to hear they told the RB not to score and they was confused on Time Outs? I'd fire Coughlin on the spot, seriously.

But Dallas got the win, hope they play better the rest of the way.

What is a horrible idea is getting flushed out of the pocket, as Eli Manning did, and then throwing the ball out of the end zone, thus stopping the clock and forcing a field goal with 1:37 left instead of, say, 55 seconds. It’s insane. Eli is a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback. He’s the active leader in most consecutive starts. His football IQ is generally high, even if he tries to force the ball into too many tight spots. It’s simply unfathomable that he didn’t fall to the turf to take a sack in that situation to let the game clock run. By doing so, he gave Tony Romo just enough time to lead Dallas on a game-winning drive.

As Tony Dungy said after on NBC, the decision for Eli to throw the ball instead of falling down was “absolutely baffling.”
I mostly just saw arrogance at first with Manning and the Giants by throwing on 3rd down. But, maybe, just stupidity.. I couldn't believe that on that same drive, I think, when the Giants had a fresh 40 second clock (and, rightfully deserved after Odell thought there was a fumble on the play), and Eli didn't run it down to the 2 or 3 second mark. Even taking more time off of the clock. Then, to not take the sack or slide? Or, run the ball on 3rd down? To kill more time.? Just completely moronic. A full on Dallas play that they would pull last season, I am sure this season as well.

But, what a game. And, yes, a unworthy W for Dallas, but, gotta take it. There is a lot of work to be done. But, Dallas looked like shit last season on the first game too.

But, work needs to be done. Especially with 70 million or whatever waterboy/benchwarmer/yeller Bryant on the sideline.. Fuck....
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Well we won't be hearing from Matardo for a while.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

You want to bet? I'm sure the next week will be filled with posts on the awesomeness of Weedon.

Maybe they Cowboys will trade for Rg3!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Super Bowl here we come! YA! Destroyed the Ravens, who's next? Not gonna lose a game the rest of the year! This week.

UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:You want to bet? I'm sure the next week will be filled with posts on the awesomeness of Weedon.

Between Romo and Dez how much of the salary cap is on the bench?

Losing Romo and Dez puts the Cowgirls even with the rest of the NFC East teams, that division all of a sudden just got interesting ugly. Dallas has been losing with talent forever, now lets see what they do off the bench like everyone else. At least they'll get the woman beater back if a few games.

--------------------

Eagles - 17att 7yds
Brandon Weeden - 3att 7yds

The Fish suck. Said it, still say it.

Seattle isn't in trouble.

The Saint's suck......What a downer.

Browns & Buc's - If anyone is watching Winston and Manziel and thinking there might be something....So far all I see is poor DB's, wide open receivers and zipless lofting passes. Having Benjamin helps.

Bills - I like Taylor, can't wait to see him get more starts under his belt.

Panthers - Average, but boy do they have a good schedule. Atlanta's even better, both possible playoffs teams if it wasn't for the NFC West, Arizona or Rams.

Detroit - WTF happened to the Lions?

I think we've entered an era where there's an extreme lack of good CB's with an abundance of good to great WR's, TE's and RB's. Smells like a passing year.

-----------------------------

Adrian Peterson still playing football let alone receiving a standing ovation makes me puke...Or wanna smoke pot and watch Mommie Dearest.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Crazy Levi wrote:You want to bet? I'm sure the next week will be filled with posts on the awesomeness of Weedon.

Did I actually hear one of the announcers yesterday say that or was it a figment of my blind rage.

The ONLY thing good coming out of that debacle is that the NFC East is wide open now.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Is there a bigger mess then the Eagles? As I typed this out I seen a link written 30 minutes ago.

Kelly: Eagles will assess everything, including QB
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... cluding-qb

"Kelly's offseason moves were met with a dash of head scratching and a chorus of 'trust the process' calls this summer. After two straight losses to open the season, the narrative will morph into questions about whether it was Kelly's system that won 10 games his first two years or whether, maybe, it was Andy Reid's players after all."

------

It's only week 2 but...
Does anyone think Chip Kelly knows what he's doing? You go into the draft, all off season, training camp, preseason now two games in it's "Eagles will assess everything!"
How stable is Chip Kelly's job at this point? Is the hot seat plugged in?

Foles for Bradford was a shock with dice rolling possibilities but Bradford's a Freeagent at the end of the year anyway and stands to make more this season then Foles will make in the next 2. Not sure if the Rams are eating money.
McCoy for Murray will turn out to be the biggest bust and the Eagles tied him up till 2020. I like Philly, they had a borderline scary team two years ago now they're a wreck. Desperate enough to add names like Burrito Sanchez and Tim Teabow? Insane I'm thinking. If Chip makes a season out of this team I'll be hit by lightning.

Not to mention, Murray's contract helped upset the balance of the universe...

-----------------

RB's overall value has been down for a good 5+ years until McCoy, Murray and Lynch all signed this season.
It's been good for the NFL, teams could bring in youth without the worry of leaving a Big Money RB on the bench.
Before, take away the top three and RB's were one of the more affordable positions to fill. Now they've been bumped up this season with the recent signings of Murray, McCoy, Lynch and a few others making it harder to add depth or open up room for young talent to get playing time.

If the math is right, for Murray's "total contract" the Eagles could have Jamaal Charles, Le’Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy and Carlos Hyde.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Well, the season was fun while it lasted. LOL

Now, at least, I can watch Cowboys games knowing there is no shot. All the Romo Haters on Dallas will be begging for him to be back at QB after watching a full game of Weeden.. Oh god.. Ugliness. Hope Skeletor Jones realizes now, he best start finding and weeding out QB's to replace Romo. It is time.

RG3? Why? They already have a no name and 2nd qb just as bad as him.. Not sure what Dallas does. They will probably just ride it out, thinking there is nothing wrong, as usual.

But, hey, they count on the running game to help out Weeden... LOL. WRONG....

Boy, it is just bad..

At least it ain't as bad as the Egals situation.. What a pathetic home showing. Brilliant Kelly, fuckin moron. Trade for a shitty QB to get an even Shittier QB. Does he watch film? One wouldn't think so.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Apparently RGMe is causing issues. Refuses to speak to Kirk Cousins.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Why is he still on the roster?

WHY?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Why is he still on the roster?

WHY?
It's the Redskins. That's why.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Does RG3 take up a lot of salary cap space?

Maybe that is why he hasn't been kicked to the curb?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Bludegeon wrote:Does RG3 take up a lot of salary cap space?

Either way they have to pay. It's better to remove the cancer.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

How about those Panthers. Doing great so far. Who seen that flip into the end zone? Dude is a monster when he wants to be.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Gritt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Does RG3 take up a lot of salary cap space?

Either way they have to pay. It's better to remove the cancer.
True,,

Should've been gone last year IMO..