The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

I forgot, Dallas lost so Machado will be on vacation.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

UtahRatt wrote:I forgot, Dallas lost so Machado will be on vacation.
Dallas lost to possibly the worst team in the league. And Stan Lee is concussed...I'm guessing his career is almost over. And Brandon Weedon sucks.

Beyond that, hey it's looking pretty good for the Cowboys. I'm sure they'll do well next week against the Pats.

At least one time draft bust Mo Clairborne seems to be doing a little better. So that's nice.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:My Falcons are 4-0! YES!!! Great win vs. Houston!
With the Falcons and the Panthers schedule they should be. Playing the NFC East along with Tampa and the Jag's the only tough games is playing each other.
The Panthers have the Pack and Seattle on their list and Seattle hasn't really shifted gears yet. If the Falcons can beat the Panthers they'll end up with few losses but they'll drop a few more just because........That is....Until or unless some NFC teams start developing into Good teams or power houses.
It looks like a cake walk for Atlanta but both the Falcons and Panthers could and should make the playoffs.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Dallas lost to possibly the worst team in the league. And Stan Lee is concussed...I'm guessing his career is almost over. And Brandon Weedon sucks.

Beyond that, hey it's looking pretty good for the Cowboys. I'm sure they'll do well next week against the Pats.

At least one time draft bust Mo Clairborne seems to be doing a little better. So that's nice.
Lee should just retire, he got knocked on his ass. At least he was the defensive player of the week in the only week he's played in two years.

Dallas also lost RB Lance Dumbar possibly for the season.

And between Romo and their recent contracts you know they're not a very deep team so how bout dem boys!
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

The window is closing for this Cowboys team, that's for sure. Not much of a future here if they can't put it together this year or the next.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

You are a loser. Just sayin!!!

The game should have been won last night. Despite having the LB out, despite losing Dunbar, despite having Weeden behind center, the team should have won the game.
I was waiting and waiting for the defensive adjustment to Brees and his bad arm. He was not going deep. Was never going deep and the defense still retreated and allowed all those short passes. Over and over and over again. Very frustrating.
Twice the Dallas D dropped easy INT's. Those plays have to be made. Last night the D let the team down.
Weeden did a great job leading the team to a TD with the game on the line. What was that a 90+ yard drive? Not bad. But he's a back up for a reason so I'm sure he'll be very inconsistent week after week.

Very tough schedule coming up. Not going to be easy. The team will be lucky to be 3-4 after 7 games.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:
The loser was Dallas, I watched it, that 80yd TOUCHDOWN? They lost in OT? To the worst team in the league?

Remember?
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:
The loser was Dallas, I watched it, that 80yd TOUCHDOWN? They lost in OT? To the worst team in the league?

Remember?
Hold the phone: Are you truly attempting to ask a question about whether or not someone remembers a football game from less than 24 hours ago?

I know you are a simpleton but you are now taking that term to another level.

Who says the Saints are the worst team in the league? You and your gang of Mormons or just you?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote:

Hold the phone: Are you truly attempting to ask a question about whether or not someone remembers a football game from less than 24 hours ago?
:lol:

A guy who doesn't remember how to flush the toilet may very well be senile. I thought it was a fair question.

The Saints are definitely one of the worst teams in the league. They've traded their best players, the ones who remain are old, and they are rebuilding.

The Cowboys are not a good team. That being said they may well rise to the top of the trash heap known as the NFC East but don't fool yourself into thinking they don't suck ass.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:

A guy who doesn't remember how to flush the toilet may very well be senile. I thought it was a fair question.

The Saints are definitely one of the worst teams in the league. They've traded their best players, the ones who remain are old, and they are rebuilding.

The Cowboys are not a good team. That being said they may well rise to the top of the trash heap known as the NFC East but don't fool yourself into thinking they don't suck ass.
Senile? STFU!

Going into the game last night Dallas was playing with their #2 QB
Also playing without they #1 WR
During the game they lost their leader on defense(again)

So to say this team is at full strength is ridiculous. If Dallas would have lost to the Saints last night with Romo and Dez on the field, then maybe you can "brag" to me or anybody that they lost to the worst team.

Does not matter if Dallas wins the division going 13-3 or 8-8 or 7-9.
Just as long as a team reaches the playoffs is all that matters.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Ughhh....

Monday's like this suck..

I don't know what to say. So another years go and Dallas has absolutely no identity.. For fuck's sake. RUN THE FUCKING BALL. Keep Brees on the sidelines.

AND GET RID OF WEEDEN.. Holy shit, this dude looks scared and lost out there. Ready to see a Rook at QB.

Shocker, Sean Lee riding the pine again.

I can't see Dallas winning another game until possibly Romo gets back. And, if Dez is back this season. But, by then, Will it all be too late? Who knows. Levi is correct, the window is closing..

Fuck, this sucks, season basically over after September. lol.. I feel like a Raiders fan. lol
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Machado wrote: Senile? STFU!
That's right dipshit. I think you must be senile. How else do you explain forgetting how to use a toilet?

So to say this team is at full strength is ridiculous.
I didn't say that. I said they suck ass and just lost to one of the worst teams in the league. And I'm fuckin lovin it.
And you are feeling good about the odds of them backing into the playoffs? They are in a three way tie for first right now and I have no doubt the Giants are a better team. Redskins? Quite possibly.

That's how fucking bad the Cowboys are.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote: Senile? STFU!
That's right dipshit. I think you must be senile. How else do you explain forgetting how to use a toilet?

So to say this team is at full strength is ridiculous.
I didn't say that. I said they suck ass and just lost to one of the worst teams in the league. And I'm fuckin lovin it.
And you are feeling good about the odds of them backing into the playoffs? They are in a three way tie for first right now and I have no doubt the Giants are a better team. Redskins? Quite possibly.

That's how fucking bad the Cowboys are.
Yes they are bad without Romo and Dez. Once those 2 return, the team will be a lot better.
Who cares if a team backs into the playoffs? Why does that matter any?

The Pats rolled into the playoffs undefeated several years ago and look what happened to them in the SB?
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Goddammit Machado...I'm asking why you think they'll back into the playoffs, front into the playoffs, or any goddamn way get into the playoffs.

You think they are better than the Giants?

The Cowboys look like shit, bro. Why the fuck are you even thinking playoffs at this point? Cue the fucking Jim Mora footage up in here.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:Goddammit Machado...I'm asking why you think they'll back into the playoffs, front into the playoffs, or any goddamn way get into the playoffs.

You think they are better than the Giants?

The Cowboys look like shit, bro. Why the fuck are you even thinking playoffs at this point? Cue the fucking Jim Mora footage up in here.
Why do I think so? Because Romo will return and Dez will return.
Plus, the D will be upgraded somewhat with Hardy and McClain returning this weekend.

The team beat the Giants once at full strength. Nothing tells me they can't be them again without Romo.
Same goes for the Skins. As far as I can see, Cousins vs Weeden is an even match up. Might even be an upgrade if Matt Cassell starts that game instead of Weeden.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Going into the game last night Dallas was playing with their #2 QB
Welcome to the NFL, you know, all the teams like Washington and the Eagles you've been making fun of because they've had #1QB troubles and their #1WR being out. You sound like a spoiled baby.

And your defensive leader? YA, I'm sure the team is lead by a player who for the better part of the last two years hasn't played let alone EVER finished a season. LEE is more of a mascot.

Fact is you've been lucky to have a good QB that's played as many games as he had and a team as good as they have been in a division that's as weak as it is...........Yet they still couldn't win at full strength. Now you get to be like the rest of the league and deal with second strings up and down the line.

Maybe Dallas should have won all those last games of the year while facing weaker teams because now....Dallas is one of those weak ass teams.

ENJOY!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Going into the game last night Dallas was playing with their #2 QB
Welcome to the NFL, you know, all the teams like Washington and the Eagles you've been making fun of because they've had #1QB troubles and their #1WR being out. You sound like a spoiled baby.

And your defensive leader? YA, I'm sure the team is lead by a player who for the better part of the last two years hasn't played let alone EVER finished a season. LEE is more of a mascot.

Fact is you've been lucky to have a good QB that's played as many games as he had and a team as good as they have been in a division that's as weak as it is...........Yet they still couldn't win at full strength. Now you get to be like the rest of the league and deal with second strings up and down the line.

Maybe Dallas should have won all those last games of the year while facing weaker teams because now....Dallas is one of those weak ass teams.

ENJOY!
Is there going to be a day when you can have an adult convo about the NFL? We all know you are in Utah. That is not our problem. That is yours. Either move out of the sticks and to a real state and get over it already.

Anyway, nobody here is acting like a baby except for you. I get it. You dislike Dallas with a passion. That is ok. Nobody really gives a shit anyway.

Dallas sure did win a lot of games last season. They went further than any other NFC east team and further than most NFC teams.
And that was last year and I could now care less about last year.
This year is about injuring and trying to get some wins while the key players are out.
Do you have a point? What is your point Utah?

When Dallas wins you have an excuse for why they win.
When they lost you have more reasons why they lose
Again, what is your point?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Is there going to be a day when you can have an adult convo about the NFL?
I'm not sure, let me know when you hit puberty and learn the game.
Machado wrote:Dallas sure did win a lot of games last season.
They've won 2 Wild Card games since the mid 90's. 20 years since a SuperBowl so don't act like Mexico's team has been a dynasty.
Machado wrote:I get it.
You finally got a plunger?
Machado wrote:Do you have a point?
It's on top of your head.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:This year is about injuring and trying to get some wins while the key players are out.
This year is about injuring? What? Who are they trying to injure? That's some Sean Payton coaching right there.

As long as your back up QB loses more games than he loses Dallas will be fine.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:This year is about injuring and trying to get some wins while the key players are out.
This year is about injuring? What? Who are they trying to injure? That's some Sean Payton coaching right there.

As long as your back up QB loses more games than he loses Dallas will be fine.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Dallas lost to possibly the worst team in the league. And Stan Lee is concussed...I'm guessing his career is almost over.

I'm scared the same may be true for Jordan Reed... Yeah he's a flag magnet but he can move the chains.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Ref missed the call last night in the Lions vs Seahawks game. Unclear how the ref did not see that the player purposely batted the ball out of the endzone.
:roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLL1ByAJb6M

KJ Wright certainly batted the ball. It was very lightly, but that was a batted ball and done intentionally.

Lions would have received the ball, 1st and goal from the spot of the fumble + half the distance.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

The officiating in the NFL is beyond atrocious right now.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:The officiating in the NFL is beyond atrocious right now.
I give the ref credit for being in position to make the call. He was a few feet away and looking directly at the player in question.
IMO, the player was going to scoop up the ball but had a change of heart, turned his hand and batted the ball gently out of the end zone.

KJ Wright admitted after the game that he did just that and admitted he had no idea that was illegal to do.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

JUST LET THEM FUCKING PLAY FOR FUCK SAKE! Last season they backed off and it was good, the season before was all the rule changes and the game sucked. Now the Ref's just suck. Are they on a point scale? In baseball it's all about seniority.

I mentioned the Bears vs Raiders game was the ugliest game I've seen in a long time. Before replay and all that shit, playing and watching we accepted the win some you lose some RULE because it normally balanced out in the end......But when the officiating is fucking horrid it effects the outcome and sucks the life out of the game.

Example of Sunday: Matt Forte stiff armed a CB square in the face mask and they flagged the CB for trying to get a fist out of his mask....Wasn't even close.
Calls went both ways on both teams but it was all day long, extended drives and totally changed the game. A WR twisted his body to make a catch and dropped the pass so they flagged the CB for Pass interference when the CB didn't even touch the player, the WR just twisted his body and dropped the pass. The CB actually made a great attempt to avoid touching the WR and still got a yellow.

Both coach's were so angry they was almost laughing while shaking their head.

The game actually made me sick, the calls completely changed the game. I see this one called a lot. WR's pushing off the CB and the CB gets a PI. They have to start calling these WR push offs. It turned a 4th down play into points on Sunday and I wanted to strangle the TV.

It's been a shit year so far, I don't know where they get these guys, I've played with low level college crews who were 10 times better then the ones I watched this weekend and I don't fucking get it. I have no clue how low level no name 2nd job refs could be better then a professional NFL crew. I'm baffled.

The funny part........It's been just as bad if not worse in baseball this year. Baseball UMPs are untouchable because of the union but when a Home Plate UMP can stand up and get into a staring contest with a Pitcher something needs to be done or someone punched in the face.

Oh, and fuck this moving the extra point back........It's fucking with kickers heads and seems so out of place it's just weird like the CFL. I don't care if it was almost automatic. I'm a purest and would like the game to stop being fucked with every fucking year.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
JUST LET THEM FUCKING PLAY FOR FUCK SAKE! Last season they backed off and it was good, the season before was all the rule changes and the game sucked. Now the Ref's just suck. Are they on a point scale? In baseball it's all about seniority.

I mentioned the Bears vs Raiders game was the ugliest game I've seen in a long time. Before replay and all that shit, playing and watching we accepted the win some you lose some RULE because it normally balanced out in the end......But when the officiating is fucking horrid it effects the outcome and sucks the life out of the game.

Example of Sunday: Matt Forte stiff armed a CB square in the face mask and they flagged the CB for trying to get a fist out of his mask....Wasn't even close.
Calls went both ways on both teams but it was all day long, extended drives and totally changed the game. A WR twisted his body to make a catch and dropped the pass so they flagged the CB for Pass interference when the CB didn't even touch the player, the WR just twisted his body and dropped the pass. The CB actually made a great attempt to avoid touching the WR and still got a yellow.

The game actually made me sick, the calls completely changed the game. I see this one called a lot. WR's pushing off the CB and the CB gets a PI. They have to start calling these WR push offs. It turned a 4th down play into points on Sunday and I wanted to strangle the TV.

It's been a shit year so far, I don't know where they get these guys, I've played with low level college crews who were 10 times better then the ones I watched this weekend and I don't fucking get it. I have no clue how low level no name 2nd job refs could be better then a professional NFL crew. I'm baffled.

The funny part........It's been just as bad if not worse in baseball this year. Baseball UMPs are untouchable because of the union but when a Home Plate UMP can stand up and get into a staring contest with a Pitcher something needs to be done or someone punched in the face.

Oh, and fuck this moving the extra point back........It's fucking with kickers heads and seems so out of place it's just weird like the CFL. I don't care if it was almost automatic. I'm a purest and would like the game to stop being fucked with every fucking year.
I agree with something you wrote
1-The WR's are getting away with pushing off over and over again. The DB's have no chance to defend the play when they are shoved out of the way, making it so simple for the WR to make the catch

I disagree with your stance on the XP. The kickers are paid to kick. Kicking from the previous spot was almost 100% successful. It was time to move the kick back and give the kickers a challenge. I think that rule change is working well

The ref's would be better off if they were employed full time by the NFL. What most people forget is that these men have jobs during the week. They are not allowed the opportunity to "study their craft" and be the best they can be because the NFL is so frugal and will not hire them full time.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I'm all for moving the extra point back. If it was so automatic why even bother? Now, at least there is some question if they'll make it. I also like that some teams are going for two more.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:

Aside with the Baseball stuff, I agree with all of this.

But, I have to question the "horrid" claim..

Was it really the refs? Or just the teams that were playing ? Heheheh... J/K..
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:But, I have to question the "horrid" claim..

Was it really the refs? Or just the teams that were playing ? Heheheh... J/K..
Both teams suck, goes without saying. Dropped passes, Cutler throws a bullzeye and the next in the dirt. I mentioned Latavius Murray got hit in the chest with a pass and it bounced into a DB's hands, it was a circus. A drive later they do a pitch and he drops it's right out of his hands for a fumble. So he was yanked.

The Bears all season let RB's up the middle all day long, so the Raiders game plan was to run up the middle....One problem, Chicago plugged the hole but the Raiders continued play after play trying to run off tackle up the middle. For fuck sake, if they plugged the hole change your game plan. Jack Del Rio sucks. Run outside, do some screens, something. But no play after play was run up the middle of 1 yard and throw on 3rd n long.

It was like watching one of those retarded high school gym WWwannaBe wrestling matches with midgets and the ref was hit over the head with a folding chair.

I'm still pissed.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Ughh..

Hate games like that.

Dallas has had their share. A few years back against the Giants. Ball thrown, hits Witten's fuckin ankle right into the Giants defender's hands. It was ugly. Coaching , play calling, players, ALL sucked.