The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

sin
Headlining Clubs

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by sin »

So are the Bengals the real deal? I'm really liking this team so far. I think the Panthers are legit as well. Oh and Martha Ford is officially my second favorite woman after my wife now.
scarred but smarter
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Cincy is looking good and has some real impressive wins but I want to see what happens when the playoffs hit. By all means if today was the start they should at least make the AFC Championship anything under that would be a disappointment.

AFC is a motherfucker this year with the Pats, Broncos and Bengals all looking like the cream of the crop.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:
Bludegeon wrote:Dallas over the Eagles? C'mon Utah.. Stop sniffing the Machado glue man!!!. hahahaha
It's a division game and anything can happen in the mess they call the NFC East. If I was forced at gun point I'd easily pick the Eagles, under sound mind I wouldn't bet on any team in that division. They're all terrible. They're due for an upset. If they can over come 2INT's and take advantage of 1 or 2 turnovers from the eagles they might have a shot. The D has played a few good games, just throwing it out there.
No I don't think Dallas will win, that's why it's called a possible upset.

That's my deal with Troy Aikman, he didn't get there, he was totally average on a great team. Dilfer didn't get to and win the SB, that defense did but you wont see Dilfer in the HOF even tho Trent and Troy have similar numbers while Trent spent most of his days on shitty teams.

Not just the great O-line, Smith and Irivin. Smith and Aikman was working behind one of the best blocking and all around FB and TE's in the game with Novacek and Moose.

Moose should should be in the HOF not Troy. It was all the induction ceremony's and players that pushed Troy out the ass into the toilet of the HOF like a TacoBell burrito.
But, he did get there. He wasn't just brought in on a great team. He still had to play the games. Not fuck up completely. Well, we can just disagree on that situation. No biggie. You can fight it out with the homer retard in here. LOL

I know Eagles/Cowboys is always a toss up. Just lightening up the subject around here.

Who knows what will happen Sunday night... Hoping for a Cowboys win. Of course.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

You're 100% correct about Jerry Rice, Matardo. His career fell off a cliff when he no longer had Montana throwing to him. He was useless with Steve Young and Rich Gannon.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Looks like Kim's favorite ass licker got himself an MSN account.

John D. Leap · Indiana University South Bend
Steve Lunsford Brady's overated. The remaining schedule has only 2 teams with records above 500. That's how Brady and the Pat's pad his stats. By the way, Peyton has 5 MVP's to Bradys 2. He's a long way from the "best ever". Rings don't mean jack without integrity. And Viniteri won three of those SB's.

:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:Looks like Kim's favorite ass licker got himself an MSN account.

John D. Leap · Indiana University South Bend
Steve Lunsford Brady's overated. The remaining schedule has only 2 teams with records above 500. That's how Brady and the Pat's pad his stats. By the way, Peyton has 5 MVP's to Bradys 2. He's a long way from the "best ever". Rings don't mean jack without integrity. And Viniteri won three of those SB's.

Toss out the key stats like rings and MVP's. They're both great QB's but only one of them is a known choker in big games.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah, unfair to compare a QB from the 90's to QB's from today. Totally different game. Totally different style of offenses that are being played today.
20 years ago a defense that allowed about 240 yards might be considered great. In today's game a defense that allows about 350 is having a good day.
Go ahead and imagine everything you can about Fouts and Marino and Moon. Reality is they never won the SB. Sorry. Those are the facts and you don't want to accept that. Unclear why but get over it.
"Fouts and Marino and Moon." They never won a Superbowl so they're not great?
Jason Garrett has TWO RINGS and 11 CAREER TD'S! Does that make him great?

Football isn't tennis. :lol:

Winning the SuperBowl is a team accomplishment not an individual award ya clown. It takes more then one player to win a ring, they don't walk out onto the field and give the Lombardi Award to the QB.

Are you saying Troy Aikman is better then Roger Staubach because Troy has more rings? Talk about unfair to compare, tell that to Marino stats if it was easier for Troy.

Marino threw for 5084yds and 48tds in 1984
Troy's best was 3445yds and 23tds in 1992

Troy barely broke 3,000yds, 5 times.
Marino broke 4,000yds 6 times, 3,000yds 7 times with two of them in the 3,900yds+ range.

Marino broke all of Troy's records in his first 5 seasons what it took Troy his entire 11 year career to do.....And you say it's all about rings.

Rings are a team accomplishment, everyone on the team gets one......Even the clip board holders like Jason Garrett.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Utah, unfair to compare a QB from the 90's to QB's from today. Totally different game. Totally different style of offenses that are being played today.
20 years ago a defense that allowed about 240 yards might be considered great. In today's game a defense that allows about 350 is having a good day.
Go ahead and imagine everything you can about Fouts and Marino and Moon. Reality is they never won the SB. Sorry. Those are the facts and you don't want to accept that. Unclear why but get over it.
"Fouts and Marino and Moon." They never won a Superbowl so they're not great?
Jason Garrett has TWO RINGS and 11 CAREER TD'S! Does that make him great?

Football isn't tennis. :lol:

Winning the SuperBowl is a team accomplishment not an individual award ya clown. It takes more then one player to win a ring, they don't walk out onto the field and give the Lombardi Award to the QB.

Are you saying Troy Aikman is better then Roger Staubach because Troy has more rings? Talk about unfair to compare, tell that to Marino stats if it was easier for Troy.

Marino threw for 5084yds and 48tds in 1984
Troy's best was 3445yds and 23tds in 1992

Troy barely broke 3,000yds, 5 times.
Marino broke 4,000yds 6 times, 3,000yds 7 times with two of them in the 3,900yds+ range.

Marino broke all of Troy's records in his first 5 seasons what it took Troy his entire 11 year career to do.....And you say it's all about rings.

Rings are a team accomplishment, everyone on the team gets one......Even the clip board holders like Jason Garrett.
You type the same nonsense week after week. It is very clear that you like stats. The big numbers impress you.
I on the other hand care more about championships. IMO, winning the SB carries a lot more weight compared to how many yards or how many TD's a certain player reached in his career.
So for as great as Marino was, the guy never won a ring. So he's not a winner.
Same goes for that guy up in Buffalo. He has great numbers, but 4 times he had a chance to win a ring and he failed each time.
Do you see where this is going?
For as much as you and most people here think that I hold Romo up on a pedestal, he has not won a championship, let alone played in the SB. IMO, he has a lot of work to do and can't be talked about in the same breathe as Aikman and Staubach.
Do you see where this is going?

Please take the pom poms off and stop telling everybody here how the NFL is a team game. No shit sherlock. Are you going to now tell us the offense must advance 10 yards to get a 1st down? Or why don't you go on about how a safety equals 2 points in a game? :roll:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:So for as great as Marino was, the guy never won a ring. So he's not a winner.

Same goes for that guy up in Buffalo. He has great numbers, but 4 times he had a chance to win a ring and he failed each time.
Holy shit, I think we found Ray Finkle!

Ray, it's not Kelly's fault your kick Wide Right!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:So for as great as Marino was, the guy never won a ring. So he's not a winner.

Holy shit, I think we found Ray Finkle!

Ray, it's not Kelly's fault your kick Wide Right!
spare me the theatrics. you have an excuse for everything.
now you want to blame the kicker. next opportunity you will blame
the strength of schedule or lack of.
beyond that you will blame the opponent for being great or not trying hard enough. WTF! enough with the B.S. you are spewing time after time.
get over it. Marino put up great stats for a QB of his era. but he never won the big game. not once. do you think he would trade in those big numbers for at least 1 SB ring?
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I'm starting to think the Panthers are legit.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:do you think he would trade in those big numbers for at least 1 SB ring?
Think he'd trade any of those shitty Miami teams to be on those stacked Dallas teams? Would he have traded all of his RB's for one Smith?

Finkle, again, football isn't Tennis or Golf. It's a team sport. It takes a team to get to the SB.

Would Troy have won a ring on those Miami teams? :lol:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I'm starting to think the Panthers are legit.
Holy shit, I think you're right. I wasn't a believer but there's no denying it. They get rid of Hardy and not only did the D get better the team is better.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

UtahRatt wrote:
Gritt wrote:I'm starting to think the Panthers are legit.
Holy shit, I think you're right. I wasn't a believer but there's no denying it. They get rid of Hardy and not only did the D get better the team is better.
Apparently a ton of players are livid about hardy being allowed to play after they saw the pics that deadspin released. As it was only Dallas and Tampa had any interest in him. I'm glad the teams I like didn't give that piece of trash a job.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:do you think he would trade in those big numbers for at least 1 SB ring?
Think he'd trade any of those shitty Miami teams to be on those stacked Dallas teams? Would he have traded all of his RB's for one Smith?

Finkle, again, football isn't Tennis or Golf. It's a team sport. It takes a team to get to the SB.

Would Troy have won a ring on those Miami teams? :lol:
Guess what? Wake the fuck up and stop playing "the what if game".
We will never know what Troy might have done in Miami because
he was drafted by Dallas. Why don't you continue to live in make believe
and the rest of us will enjoy reality.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:Same can be said for the Saints, who are on fire right now.
Another good call by Matardo. They're so on fire they just lost at home to arguably the worst team in the league.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Ben Rapistberger hurt again. Looks like another year of no playoffs or playoff wins. Steelers haven't won a playoff game since the 2010 season. :lol:
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I grew up rooting against all the local teams. I figure why root for the teams everybody else is. Makes sense yes?
Coming from a Cowboy and Yankee fan. And everyone without a RING is a loser.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:We will never know what Troy might have done in Miami because he was drafted by Dallas.
So that's a no. That's all you had to say is no fucking way would Troy have a ring if he played in Miami.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Jason Garrett has two rings, that makes him a winner! Best clip board holder in the HOF?

RINGS are given to teams, not one player. Dumbass.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

So, Finkle. I mean machado.

You're saying Troy is better then Marino because Troy has more rings?
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

8-0 Suck it Stevie...
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

How'd that taste Machado? :lol:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

UtahRatt wrote:Possible good games this week

Packers at Panthers - If the Packers don't destroy the Panthers I'm a believer
Rams at Vikings - I'm curious to see how the Rams D does in this one
Denver at Indy - under dog of the week pick.
Fish at Bills Tyrod Taylor is back, I like this Rook, he's had flashes.
Eagles at Dallas Dallas gets this one! You heard it here first.
Falcons at 49ers! I've got an ugly feeling about this one, Gabbert time! JK

Oakland as Pittsburgh - If Oakland wins they'll prove me something and prove me wrong. The Raiders have won the last two meetings vs the Steeler's but not this week in Three Rivers. Oakland's secondary gets torched. Heath Miller, the Raiders can't cover TE's and the world knows it.

Stat of the week. 49er's Blaine Gabbert 5wins 24loses, one 303yd game and has only thrown over 200yds 7 times in 29 games.
How about dem Falcons! Eagles bury Cowboys on walk-off 41-yard TD!

Packers at Panthers - I'm a believer
Rams at Vikings - Thought the rams would win....another OT game
Denver at Indy - Felt this upset
Fish at Bills - not really an upset but liked the Bills
Eagles as Dallas - lolCowboys in OT, not even with my help they cant win.
Falcons at 49ers! - tossed it out there, Falcons are a shitty team hidden in a good teams record.
Oakland as Pittsburgh - not sure who was favored, shit game Oakland gave away.

Got the Rams wrong but how about them Falcons! Fucking Atlanta!
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

So is Talib going to get a game for his eye poke, or just a fine?
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Watching the low-lights of the Cowboys vs Eagles games.
Deion Sanders....I don't know what going on but these calls were bad, as Dallas gets back to back Pass Interference calls to extend the drive.

Jet's: How about Brandon Marshall pushing off the CB then catching the TD?

Come on Ref's. It's killing me, another week of shitty calls. Yes they need to be working year around for making $125,000 to $200,000 why the fuck they aren't is beyond me.

--------------------------------------------------

Packers teammates fighting each other on the sideline, give up 29 points in the 2nd quarter and lost their second game in a row.
First time in two weeks no fighting on the Cowboys sideline and they made a game of it....Even some announcers say, it happens. Ya it happens when you lose.

-------------------------------------------

Atlanta 16 San Francisco 17 F

B. Gabbert 15/25 185yds 2td 2ints
M. Ryan 30/45 303 yds 1td

Yards Rushing - Falcons 17yds - 49ers 133yds

The Falcons run the ball 14 times, Ryan threw 45 times! In a low scoring game! WTF Coach? Devonta is 2nd in the NFL with 721yds and leads with 9TD's and Atlanta throwing 45 times? Not to mention in the red zone and at the one? Then kicking instead of going for it?

Atlanta is making me angry.

-----------------------

League leaders in INTS.

Peyton 13 ---- 9tds Peyton is done, thankful for the D, time to hit the draft.
Luck 12 --- 15tds
Stafford 11 --- 13tds
Bradford 10 --- 17tds
Bortles 10 --- 10tds
Kirk Cousins 9 --- 10tds
Cam Newton 9 --- 14tds
Ryan Tannehill 9 --- 13tds
Joe Flacco 9 --- 10tds

----------------------------

Dallas losing streak 6 in a row and counting! IMO it could still be a division mess next month. Everyone in the media has already counted them out saying ROMO shouldn't be brought back this month. 22nd vs Miami?

Bludegeon, Machado...Would you rush ROMO back?

--------------------------------------------------------------

I pick on the Panthers because of their easy schedule but they're no joke. The NFL is all over the place.

Panthers 8-0
Patriots 8-0
Bengals 8-0

Who's going to be the last undefeated team?

Panthers schedule: Who's left? They have the best shot.
Jaguars - W 20 - 9
Texans - W 24 - 17
Saints - W 27 - 22
Buccaneers - W 37 - 23
Seahawks - W 27 - 23
Eagles - W 27 - 16
Colts - W 29 - 26
Packers - W 37 - 29
----
Titans
Skins
Cowgirls
Saints
Falcons
Buccaneers

-----------------------------

How about those Vikings! Possible first round playoff loss headed their way.
Child abuser Adrian Peterson leads the NFL with 758yds and 21.1 attempts per game.

Mike Zimmer Calls Out Rams Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams after Cheap Shot on Teddy Bridgewater....Zimmer in the post game, if we was in the parking lot it would have been a fight!

BOOOOHOOOOO!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:So is Talib going to get a game for his eye poke, or just a fine?

Suspended for 10 games. Cut. Picked up by Dallas. Suspension reduced to 1 game. That was some dirty shit right there. Break his fucking fingers.

Is it me or has there been more and more classless out of control players this year. Who was punching the Gatorade cooler today? I think it was Peppers, like a bitch tossed the TD ball away from Newton. The Packers sideline fighting. Dallas sideline fights every week.
Who was it last week? I think it was a DT who tossed a Guard on the ground then slightly kneed him in the head for good luck.

Most of it's just crybaby shit but going for the eyes should pull down a suspension.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Panthers are legit. I've never been a Newton supporter but the guy has changed my opinion.

I still like the Rams. The Vikings have six wins and I think five of them have been the kind where they pull it out right at the end. Their luck will run out.

For some reason I'm still bullish on the Raiders. I know they lost but the Raiders of recent years would have lost a road game like that by three touchdowns.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Holy fuck this season sucks. LOL.. ahahah

Dallas' Defense, still sucks. Cowboys suck, deserve to be at the bottom this season..

I am hoping they start Moore next game. See what the kid has got at QB.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

How is it possible that halfway through the season the redskins aren't in last plCe?

Because ... Cowboys!!

My god they fucking suck.