The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Facedown »

All week sports radio was saying that the Chiefs were like the Bengals, they always find a way to lose. One of the things brought up was Reid and clock management. Guess McNabb is off the hook for SB 39.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

There were three drunk bitches in cheese hats sitting in front of me last week, and whenever the packers scores they'd drunkenly yell "you like that!!!" In my face.

And today they are miserable.

Thank you cardinals!

Yeah it sucks, but if you don't have a team to root for at least it's fun to root for someone to lose.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Crazy Levi wrote:There were three drunk bitches in cheese hats sitting in front of me last week, and whenever the packers scores they'd drunkenly yell "you like that!!!" In my face.

And today they are miserable.

Thank you cardinals!

Yeah it sucks, but if you don't have a team to root for at least it's fun to root for someone to lose.
I HAD a team to root for, and my Falcons started off great, but then after six or so straight started losing a ton...So right now, yeah, no team to root for. I will say I'm getting tired of Brady and the Pats always being in the playoffs. There are just times when unbeatable dynasties make me want to root for the dynasty to fall for whatever reason...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Seattle might give up 60, today.

Then Carolina went to the 2nd half "prevent offense."
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Seattle might give up 60, today.

Then Carolina went to the 2nd half "prevent offense."
Seriously.......

I wounder how much OL and depth Seattle could have bought with Least Mode's Salary. I loved how they keep asking Pete Carroll if Lynch would be ready and his response he's ready when he say's he's ready. Still say Lynch's signing ruined their team.

Talking about rooting vs teams you don't like. I hope the Panthers get spanked.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

There are at least 20 quarterbacks in the NFL right now that I would start over Peyton Manning. He has nothing on his ball and his motion and release are so slow that it allows the defense to just key in on his receivers.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

You are right about that...absolutely zero zip on these passes, and his 20 seconds of audibles don't seem to be doing anybody any favors. Yeah Denver is dropping a lot of passes but Peyton is so out of sync with his receivers that even when the balls get to these guys it just isn't when and where they expect it.

You kinda have to let him finish this one out because he's Peyton Manning...but it's over. He isn't playing for anybody next season even if he's a free agent.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Close call, eh, Peyton? But Denver lives to play another game nonetheless...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'd like to see the Pats lose, cause Pats...but they should destroy Denver. Denver's offense is awful. THeir D is fantastic but after a while they'll wear down and they won't get any help from Manning and company.

But hey I don't gamble on football cause I suck at picking it.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Well here's to probably seeing the last Tom Brady vs Peyton Manning game, how fitting it's for the AFC Championship.

Peyton Manning - 39 - March 24, 1976
Tom Brady - 38 - August 3, 1977

Brady still has it, Manning is done but had it last year until the late in the season and he's been done since. If things go the same it would put Brady done come the playoffs next year......Either way I don't see Peyton playing another game after this season. I feel next year will be Brady's last baring a surprise retirement if they win the SB.

Five things to know about the Tom Brady-Peyton Manning rivalry

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... /78945198/

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will meet for the 17th time when the Denver Broncos host the New England Patriots in Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

1. It's a remarkable run given that, unlike Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (21 meetings), Brady and Manning only shared a division as starters for one season (2001) before realignment took Manning's Indianapolis Colts out of the AFC East. But the sustained excellence of Manning's Colts and Broncos and Brady's Patriots — the NFL's scheduling formula pits first-place teams against one another the following year — has brought them together in every season since 2003 with the exception of 2008 and 2011, when Brady and Manning were on injured reserve, respectively.

2. Manning seeks his fourth Super Bowl trip and all-important second ring to add to his collection of individual accolades, including all-time passing yards and TDs, and record five MVP awards. Brady "only" has two MVPs and still lags behind Manning's career numbers. But he's after an unprecedented fifth Super Bowl ring, more than any quarterback, which could also bring a record fourth Super Bowl MVP award. Their impressive but distinctive resumes have shaped a debate that's been raging for the better part of a decade.

3. Brady has gone 11-5 head-to-head against Manning. But the story's a bit different in postseason. They've split those four meetings, however Manning has emerged victorious in the last two and is 2-1 against Brady in championship games and 2-0 at home. Neither quarterback has beaten the other on the road since 2007.

4. Sorry, but Brady-Manning games rarely live up to the hype. In fact, the best ones occurred in Indianapolis: The Colts' comeback from a 21-3 deficit to win the 2007 AFC Championship Game 38-34; Manning's 1-yard TD pass to Reggie Wayne with 13 seconds left in a 35-34 Colts win in 2009 following Patriots coach Bill Belichick's infamous gamble on fourth-and-2 in his own territory; and the Patriots won 38-34 in 2003 after turning away the Colts four times near the goal line as the clock wound down.

5. Did we mention Brady v. Manning has its own Wikipedia page? Here are more numbers to ponder. The average score of the games: Brady's team 29.9, Manning's team 24.5. And with 16 matchups, their stats equate to a nice regular-season comparison. Manning has completed 410 of 657 passes (62.4%) for 4,809 yards, 33 TDs and 22 INTs. Brady has completed 367 of 553 passes (66.4%) for 4,013 yards, 31 TDs and 13 INTs.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Brady isn't going anywhere until he has a season like Peyton just did.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:Close call, eh, Peyton? But Denver lives to play another game nonetheless...
Not only predictable but incapable. 5+ bubble screens but it's the 5+ fades and 5+ outs that he no longer has zip or accuracy on....The long ball is all but gone and off target. The only thing he's hitting is the across the middle short passes on blitz plays. Notice all his out throws are low and away, if he puts any air on them they'll get picked and he play's like he knows it.

It sucks after all theses years watching him launch missiles, his arm is gone in that short of span.

On paper the Pat's should take this one, the Chief's D was in the top range and the Pat's spread them out and Brady took them apart. I see Denver bringing more pressure but it's going to take more then FG's and a fumble for the Bronco's to pull this one off.

Anything can happen, playing in Denver helps but I'd dare say

Pat's -10

Bronco's 13 Pat's 24
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:Brady isn't going anywhere until he has a season like Peyton just did.
I have two feelings, Brady will drop next year or.........If he win's the SB he'll call a surprise quits, he might anyway. Just a feeling.

You're probably right but at 39 next year....He's not George Blanda but he does have 1,500+ less throws then Peyton. I see him dropping off next season regardless.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

What about the Packers and Aaron Rodgers complaining over the coin flip gaff?

Since it was a reflip shouldn't they have had the chance to recall? You can see them trying to stop the Ref and say heyyyyyyy wait hold on here but the ref just picked it up and tossed it.

----------------

While we'll never know if Rodgers would have made the correct call on the follow-up coin toss if given the chance, Blakeman's inability to flip a round piece of metal is one of the talking points the morning after an all-time great game.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2608 ... ional-game

Clete had it on heads. He was showing heads, so I called tails, and it didn't flip. It just tossed up in the air and did not turn over at all. It landed in the ground. So we obviously thought that was not right. He picked the coin up and flipped it to tails, and then he flipped it without giving me a chance to make a recall there. It was confusing. I think he was trying to avoid the embarrassment of what just happened. He flipped it quickly.

------------------------------

What a game either way, the Packers got screwed on 3 no calls leaving them down 7 and in a 4th n 20 from the endzone throw that Rodgers god like completed. then that Hail Mary was almost vindication for the no calls. But the loaded coin couldn't be beat.

There should be an investigation on that coin, the Cardinal Coin Conspiracy. Arizona and the loaded coin.
Goddamn Electric
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Goddamn Electric »

poisond13 wrote:I think the Manning Mashimos will take apart the Brady Bunch next week. Then after destroying the Cam Newtonians in Super Bowl 50, Peyton will fly off into the sunset with Poppa John under his right wing and a Nationwide insurance policy for his new Buick under his left wing.
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

I am really looking forward to the Cardinals vs Panthers match next week. Both teams seem to really want to stop their path to the Super Bowl short.
scarred but smarter
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

Here's to hoping the Cards and Broncos win.

Broncos have a huge tall order...
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Bludegeon wrote:Here's to hoping the Cards and Broncos win.

Neither will happen.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Would have taken a beating this week if I didn't jump on Seattle at +25 1/2 and the over at the half. Saved my weekend.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

cantstopthemusic wrote:

Neither will happen.
Any given Sunday, or Saturday . hahahah
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

cantstopthemusic wrote:

Neither will happen.
Agreed. But I'll be happy if the Card's and Pat's win. My work will be complete.

Man did Seattle play a shitty game, they ended the season like they started.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

1 more game!!! Please let them beat Arizona.. If they go to the bowl they are winning it.. Period.. GO PANTHERS!!!!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

kylel wrote:1 more game!!! Please let them beat Arizona.. If they go to the bowl they are winning it.. Period.. GO PANTHERS!!!!
They probably will on both accounts. And it will be the worst TD dance since the Icky Shuffle. This is what the Panthers remind me of.....No resemblance to the team, just the Video.

Chicago Bears Superbowl Shuffle 1986
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rHjUdqPXSY
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tom Brady/Belichik>Joe Montana/Bill Walsh

Tom and Bill have surpassed the great duo from SF.
The proof is in the work. On offense, Tom was rarely surrounded
by great players or future hall of famers. Other than Gronk, can someone name the best WR, RB, FB, O-Line that played with Brady.
Like him or not, Brady has done the most with the very least.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:Tom Brady/Belichik>Joe Montana/Bill Walsh

by great players or future hall of famers. Other than Gronk, can someone name the best WR, RB, FB, O-Line that played with Brady.
I never saw Joe Montana throw an interception in the Superbowl. The first one he won he didn't have John Taylor or Jerry Rice. He had Dwight Clark. You remember Dwight Clark?

I never saw Joe Montana lose to a fucking Manning. Twice. Plus, while I think Brady is one of the all time greats and best since Montana. Spygate is a serious black eye on the Belchik legacy, whether you want to admit it or not.

Oh, how about Randy Moss? :wink:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That's the deal with the other greats like Peyton, he had years with a great cast of WR's and RB. Montana to Rice with Craig and Taylor.....

Welker is only one who comes to mind. Moss a great year or two.
Troy Brown was great but was old when Brady came in. WR, PR and it was awesome watching him play a solid CB when they was desperate but still in his latter years. Deion Branch had that sweet super bowl catch to save the day but he only lasted a couple years?

RB? None?

Cory Dillon put in a couple, Kevin Faulk was around awhile more as a FB and 3rd down back with good hands. I always thought he was misused, good out of the back field but they hardly gave him the rock.

Other than Faulk and Dillon I can recall a number of blips and old cast offs that was in and out after a season. Fred Taylor ended as a Pat but didn't put up any yards to blink at.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:Spygate is a serious black eye on the Belchik legacy, whether you want to admit it or not.

Spygate was a bunch of shit...Teams have been doing that shit forever, the Bronco's got nailed for spying a few years prior but you never hear about it. The media sure blew it up for the Pat's tho.
It's no different than baseball trying to pick off signs or tip off hitters and while teams are still always looking for an edge players are still cheating, getting busted for Aroids.

Brady losing to Manning....Great games, last minute loses from unbelievable plays by 3 and 4 points...Not to mention in the last lost the BLAST Brady took no one remembers. He still hung in there and made it a game until Welker dropped a key pass.....They were good close games that came down to finger catches and insane plays. That blind throw from Eli was a gift from the football gods. Brady don't play defense.

Peyton choked to Seattle, Brady's team lost to the Giants or Eli's team beat the Pat's.

But ya, I wouldn't compare Brady to Montana because they're both God's. This who's better when you reach their level is silly. Different era's, different game, different competition......Salary cap, free agency....Brady had to win with a new cast every year or two. Breaking in a new WR core every season impress me and he did it in a passing free era while Montana played when CB's could mug WR's and QB's could get ran over by a truck without a flag.

When you're that good it comes down to who you like the most. Fuck everything else.

You can't even compare the NFL in the 80's to today's game so how can you compare players? It's not even the same game. Each era is different.
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Brady is the best ever because he's kept a level of excellence for 15 years and did it with something that Montana didn't have to deal with: free agency.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Gritt wrote:Brady is the best ever because he's kept a level of excellence for 15 years and did it with something that Montana didn't have to deal with: free agency.
And salary cap.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:

I never saw Joe Montana throw an interception in the Superbowl. The first one he won he didn't have John Taylor or Jerry Rice. He had Dwight Clark. You remember Dwight Clark?

I never saw Joe Montana lose to a fucking Manning. Twice. Plus, while I think Brady is one of the all time greats and best since Montana. Spygate is a serious black eye on the Belchik legacy, whether you want to admit it or not.

D. Clark? Yes, that's the WR Everson Walls forgot to cover in the end zone. :oops:

This topic is a good debate. Cases could be made for both. But I think Brady and Belichick have finally surpassed that great tandem from the 80's.
Montana lost some games. Let's not get it twisted. Remember that vicious QB sack at home vs Giants? Or how about that game when Jim Burt uprooted Montana on the hard Giants Stadium turf?

Of course Brady had people playing the positions and yes Moss was one of them, but were in year 10, 11 & 12 of his career. Not exactly his prime.