The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Anyone watch the Road to the Winter Classic series on EPIX Movie Channel?

They're done really well with all the inside good stuff. They put a lot into these series. Watching Boston and Montreal right now. At an Hour long they go deep into the history and background of the teams up to the current season and obstacles they're facing to the players and their kids at the rink to the Cities themselves. I love it most because they don't BLEEP out anything, talk or otherwise.

LETS FUCKING RUN THIS, FUCK THIS SHIT! Every other word in the locker room or on ice is FUCK OR SHIT!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Are NHL refs turning into NFL refs?

"Goalie interference" is the new "what constitutes a catch".
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Facedown wrote:Are NHL refs turning into NFL refs?

Truth.

They suck just as bad if not worse, every game I watch I feel like I'm watching the NFL.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Not the best showing by Boston in the winter classic!

At least they scored a goal.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

bruins pulled a no show. fuck them. habs suck without price and the bruins still no showed
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Funny how the Habs had no problem finding Gillette but the B's managed to get lost.
Embarrassing. Pathetic.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:Funny how the Habs had no problem finding Gillette but the B's managed to get lost.
Embarrassing. Pathetic.
I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Actually really happy for Boston area native Mike Condon, who got the win in front of family and friends. Will probably be the highlight of his career.

Hoping this win, and the return of Gallagher, get the Habs back on the right track.

The Atlantic division is just so tough right now.

Habs are decent and will be better once Price returns. Bruins overachieving. Detroit solid. Panthers are improving by leaps and bounds under Tallon and Gallant's leadership. Senators good, and Lightning have to get better you would think... Hell, even Buffalo and the Leafs are improving...
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
Facedown wrote:Funny how the Habs had no problem finding Gillette but the B's managed to get lost.
Embarrassing. Pathetic.
I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Actually really happy for Boston area native Mike Condon, who got the win in front of family and friends. Will probably be the highlight of his career.

Hoping this win, and the return of Gallagher, get the Habs back on the right track.

The Atlantic division is just so tough right now.

Habs are decent and will be better once Price returns. Bruins overachieving. Detroit solid. Panthers are improving by leaps and bounds under Tallon and Gallant's leadership. Senators good, and Lightning have to get better you would think... Hell, even Buffalo and the Leafs are improving...
Damn right. 10 wins in a row. Most by any team this season.

Jones for Johansen! Nashville gets their number 1C, who has some issues. Columbus get rid of a player that was meshing, and pick up the promising Jones.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I will say the NHL is putting me to sleep this season. I hardly watch the Isles and I have Center Ice. Absolute snoozefest.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote:I will say the NHL is putting me to sleep this season. I hardly watch the Isles and I have Center Ice. Absolute snoozefest.
That does seem to be an issue.

I'm not complaining as my team is actually doing well for once! Excluding the Calgary game of course.

The Isles are doing well. What is the issue for you?

chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

pieceofme wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:I will say the NHL is putting me to sleep this season. I hardly watch the Isles and I have Center Ice. Absolute snoozefest.

I'm not complaining as my team is actually doing well for once! Excluding the Calgary game of course.

It's a major issue. The most exciting part of the season has been the 3 on 3 overtime. Pretty bad when people are responding more when the format is changed. They would never do it, but 4 on 4 regulation might be the solution. Keep the same roster size so NHPLA doesn't freak out. Too many 2-1 and low scoring slogfests that are killing the ratings across the board. They need to increase scoring in a hurry. The size of the goalie equipment will be decreased in the offseason for starters. Not sure if that would make as much difference as opening more space on the ice.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

pieceofme wrote:

The lack of hitting, fighting and scoring. They're marketing their league to the pussy generation, and it shows. Now they fucked over John Scott. I go to SPHL games in Pensacola, and they're more exciting.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

The lack of hitting, fighting and scoring. They're marketing their league to the pussy generation, and it shows. Now they fucked over John Scott. I go to SPHL games in Pensacola, and they're more exciting.
Yeah, that really sucked. And your thoughts are on par with a lot of what people are complaining about.

Now my team is on a 4 game losing streak. :cry: Bound to have a comedown.

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

I can only imagine the crowds NHL teams in the US will be pulling in five to ten years.
Anne_Thrax
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Anne_Thrax »

Looks like Dennis Wideman took care of that for us. The FUCK was that guy thinking?!!
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Anne_Thrax wrote:

Looks like Dennis Wideman took care of that for us. The FUCK was that guy thinking?!!

The refs need an enforcer ref on ice at all times. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened.
kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by kytepunches »

Aerosmith87 wrote:
Anne_Thrax wrote:

The refs need an enforcer ref on ice at all times. Otherwise this wouldn't have happened.
I have Flames season tickets and was at that game. Definitely a WTF moment. He claims he had his bell run and didn't see who it was. It looked like he was pissed off that there was no call on the hit he took, saw a chance to hit the ref ,and took it. I'll bet he gets a minimum of 10 games.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

That's what I got from watching it - he looked pissed that the refs failed to recognize that he got boarded (maybe?) and retaliated. He looked like he was thinking "well fuck" afterwards.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

NeverSurrender wrote:I can only imagine the crowds NHL teams in the US will be pulling in five to ten years.
The NHL has never been stronger financially and youth hockey is at it's highest level in the US. It's a $5 billion dollar per year business. 3-5 million will watch every night for two months during the playoffs so it's a win for NBC sports. The game needs some tweaks. Firstly, the regular season should only be 60 games. Better intensity per game and every player takes off about 15 games or so per year as it is. It will never happen because of ticket revenues, but the interest would be higher. Second, the size of goalie equipment has to be cut in half. The average scores should be 4-3 and the goalie should be required to actually make saves. Now all you have to do is dress up a seven foot stiff and have him play on his knees.

Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Hockey and Sludge

:lol:
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

This McDavid kid is so good. :x Although in all fairness, he has just played two of the weakest defensive teams in the league. But that goal against Columbus. :shock:

Will be checking out the Edmonton Montreal game today. And lol at Montreals collapse.

Florida looking good. It feels odd. Certainly a better team than the one that won the south east division a few years ago.

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

pieceofme wrote:This McDavid kid is so good. :x Although in all fairness, he has just played two of the weakest defensive teams in the league. But that goal against Columbus. :shock:

Will be checking out the Edmonton Montreal game today. And lol at Montreals collapse.

Florida looking good. It feels odd. Certainly a better team than the one that won the south east division a few years ago.
If Price gets healthy (doubtful), and the Habs squeak into the playoffs, I'd be happy to match up with the Panthers in the first round!

Not in the cards though.

I do love Gerry Gallant though. Our special teams have not been the same without him. Good guy; tough to root against him.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote:
pieceofme wrote:This McDavid kid is so good. :x Although in all fairness, he has just played two of the weakest defensive teams in the league. But that goal against Columbus. :shock:

If Price gets healthy (doubtful), and the Habs squeak into the playoffs, I'd be happy to match up with the Panthers in the first round!

Not in the cards though.

I do love Gerry Gallant though. Our special teams have not been the same without him. Good guy; tough to root against him.
The only teams in the East I would be concerned about are Boston and Washington.

Montreal shut down McDavid well today.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

pieceofme wrote:
WOLF wrote:

Not in the cards though.

The only teams in the East I would be concerned about are Boston and Washington.

Montreal shut down McDavid well today.
did they ever shut him down, until the Oil do something about their D it'll be the same story, I think one of Nuge or Eberle is gone by the start of next season for some D help and Schultz should have his ass stapled to the bench.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 25381.html
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
did they ever shut him down, until the Oil do something about their D it'll be the same story, I think one of Nuge or Eberle is gone by the start of next season for some D help and Schultz should have his ass stapled to the bench.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 25381.html
They should get a decent package for Nuge and Eberle.

Yakapov should be gone as well. He has the hockey IQ of a potato. Although they might just keep him to ride shotgun with McDavid. He will be good at finishing off his moves.

kytepunches
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by kytepunches »

Touchdown Islanders. I guess McDavid needs to play goal and defence too
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

kytepunches wrote:Touchdown Islanders. I guess McDavid needs to play goal and defence too

I'm sure Matthews will help with their problems!

I feel like the hockey has been a lot better since the All Star break.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

pieceofme wrote:
kytepunches wrote:Touchdown Islanders. I guess McDavid needs to play goal and defence too

their 2016 first round pick should be on the table, we don't need another 18 year forward, as far as Yakupov goes, his trade value is very low, I'd trade Eberle which saves them $6 million, put Yak on McD wing and see what happens, try and pick up Hamonic from NYI as well as offer the moon for Big Buff..they better add some D this off season or they'll be in this same fuckin situation next year.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
pieceofme wrote:

their 2016 first round pick should be on the table, we don't need another 18 year forward, as far as Yakupov goes, his trade value is very low, I'd trade Eberle which saves them $6 million, put Yak on McD wing and see what happens, try and pick up Hamonic from NYI as well as offer the moon for Big Buff..they better add some D this off season or they'll be in this same fuckin situation next year.
Buff signed an extension with Winnipeg.

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

long term in the peg?

good for him.