The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by UtahRatt »

jizzyjizim wrote:Eric Stall is now a Ranger..
Nice. Leaves playing with one brother and joins Marc his other. Not sure how much he brings but it sounds good. On the flip side there goes the Rangers giving up picks but they've been successful at it so whatever.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

How dim Jim didn't get anything for Vancouver UFAs is laughably bad. Talk about a team with no direction.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

it's not on benning to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.
nobody wanted vrbata. the best offer was a 6th rounder. that's rape.
dallas and chicago made plays for hamhuis and then went in different directions. i don't believe trading a guy that'll suck a dick to stay here is the right move especially when the next best d man is chris tanev.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Kid-Wicked wrote:it's not on benning to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.
dallas and chicago made plays for hamhuis and then went in different directions. i don't believe trading a guy that'll suck a dick to stay here is the right move especially when the next best d man is chris tanev.
Dallas offered similar assets for Hamhuis as they offered for Russell. Vancouver should have taken that. Hamhuis is a UFA at the end of the season. Could have just returned in the summer.

6th rounder isn't good. But something is better than nothing. Vbrata is obviously gone this summer.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

pieceofme wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:it's not on benning to make a deal just for the sake of making a deal.
Dallas offered similar assets for Hamhuis as they offered for Russell. Vancouver should have taken that. Hamhuis is a UFA at the end of the season. Could have just returned in the summer.

6th rounder isn't good. But something is better than nothing. Vbrata is obviously gone this summer.
dallas made the same offer to two teams. both teams agreed. they went with the calgary guy. again, that isn't on benning.

name a 6th rounder that's on a team right now. it's like getting traded for a puck bag. trading a player for less than he's worth makes the gm look like a chump. really surprised that nobody wanted vrbata. the devils turned lee stepniak into 2 draft picks and he was a walk on in training camp.
ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

ShearMagic wrote:How about them World Cup jerseys?

https://www.nhl.com/news/world-cup-of-h ... =278386054
quasi throwbacks
Bassmaster1984
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Bassmaster1984 »

When was the last good ass kicking fight in the NHL??? Almost unwatchable nowadays.
"You just pick a chord, go twang, and you've got music." Sid Vicious
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Bassmaster1984 wrote:When was the last good ass kicking fight in the NHL??? Almost unwatchable nowadays.

I watched this one last night, it was the only bright spot of the game for me , mind you, it was more of Nurse just beating on him, I don't think Polak was looking for a fight...fuckin Oilers. :cry:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gott ... ith-nurse/
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:
Bassmaster1984 wrote:When was the last good ass kicking fight in the NHL??? Almost unwatchable nowadays.

I watched this one last night, it was the only bright spot of the game for me , mind you, it was more of Nurse just beating on him, I don't think Polak was looking for a fight...fuckin Oilers. :cry:

Yeah that was dumb by Nurse. Should at least get a suspension for that.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

pieceofme wrote:
jizzyjizim wrote:

Yeah that was dumb by Nurse. Should at least get a suspension for that.

I think he gets a game for sure, from what I gather Nurse was just responding to what he thought Polak did to Hendricks minutes before the fight and just was sticking up for his teammate, which this team lacked greatly over the last few years, good on him for doing what he thought was right but a game for sure and it's warranted.
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

so, looks like he got 3 games..the Oilers D actually looks worse than ever now with Klefbom/Davidson and now Nurse out..if that's even possible to look worse :lol: , they best trade some of that "core" this summer for some Defense.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

jizzyjizim wrote:so, looks like he got 3 games..the Oilers D actually looks worse than ever now with Klefbom/Davidson and now Nurse out..if that's even possible to look worse :lol: , they best trade some of that "core" this summer for some Defense.
They have to!

Glad he got three games.

jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

Domi jumps Garbutt from behind and wails on him and get 1 game but Nurse takes him head on and gets 3? I'm not so sure he deserves 3, no instigator penalty on the play also.. He deserved 1 for sure.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

As expected.

NHL goaltending equipment to be streamlined for 2016-17

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 21625.html
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Duncan Keith and he's got no teeth is going to be in trouble.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Goodluck to all the Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, ha ha ha awesome
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAglamrocker wrote:Goodluck to all the Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, ha ha ha awesome
Fuck, their best shot is 10 points back from a wildcard? The Bottom 4 worst teams in the West....3 out of 5 in the cellar in the East. Take out Columbus and Buffalo and all the Canadian teams are fighting for last place. What's up with that?

Take away a goalie and Montreal's record dropped faster than attendance at a Triumph concert.

As a part time watcher and a future NHL fan......I have no idea what happened to the Flames other than they have two shit goalies along with a lot of bad luck, injuries and not being able to clear space so they had to dump Russell? After last season I thought they was built young and was going to be around a while. What happened!!!

No clue what happened to Ottawa either, thought they'd be strong this year.

As long as Vancouver and the Thrashers finish last I'm ok with that.....I mean the fucking Jet's. Hope Buttfuglien enjoys the early ticket home. I honestly bet that ape don't give a fuck.... "Wat coach, we no go 2 play off?"
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

I can't wait for the offseason to start , free agency etc.. I don't give a fuck about the draft..most Oiler fans don't give a fuck about the draft, I hope they trade their pick, I think 2 of Hall/Eberle/Nuge/Yak are gone this summer to bring in defense, I welcome the change, Peter Chiarelli has had 1 season to evaulate the team, he's addressed some of the issues by adding guys like Maroon and Kassian, now he needs to get some defense..honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl are my only untouchables , deal the rest..fuckin Oilers :!:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

jizzyjizim wrote:I can't wait for the offseason to start , free agency etc.. I don't give a fuck about the draft..most Oiler fans don't give a fuck about the draft, I hope they trade their pick, I think 2 of Hall/Eberle/Nuge/Yak are gone this summer to bring in defense, I welcome the change, Peter Chiarelli has had 1 season to evaulate the team, he's addressed some of the issues by adding guys like Maroon and Kassian, now he needs to get some defense..honestly, McDavid and Draisaitl are my only untouchables , deal the rest..fuckin Oilers :!:
Talbot? 8)
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

UtahRatt wrote:
LAglamrocker wrote:Goodluck to all the Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, ha ha ha awesome
Fuck, their best shot is 10 points back from a wildcard? The Bottom 4 worst teams in the West....3 out of 5 in the cellar in the East. Take out Columbus and Buffalo and all the Canadian teams are fighting for last place. What's up with that?

Take away a goalie and Montreal's record dropped faster than attendance at a Triumph concert.

As a part time watcher and a future NHL fan......I have no idea what happened to the Flames other than they have two shit goalies along with a lot of bad luck, injuries and not being able to clear space so they had to dump Russell? After last season I thought they was built young and was going to be around a while. What happened!!!

No clue what happened to Ottawa either, thought they'd be strong this year.

As long as Vancouver and the Thrashers finish last I'm ok with that.....I mean the fucking Jet's. Hope Buttfuglien enjoys the early ticket home. I honestly bet that ape don't give a fuck.... "Wat coach, we no go 2 play off?"
The Flames have been getting awful goal-tending. They also overachieved last season. Most expected a comedown. Similar for Ottawa. Hammond went on a crazy run, and that was not going to repeat itself.

pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Canucks have lost 9 straight (1 in OT). Why they didn't trade any of their UFAs is bloody ridiculous. Especially as Vbrata will not be back next season. Supposedly, the owner cockblocked the Hamhuis trade as he wanted more. So Calgary swooped in instead and traded Russell to Dallas instead.

Maybe the Canucks get lucky and win the draft lottery. This city has been very apathetic with hockey recently. A grade A prospect is just what they need. Of course, they have to beat the Oilers for that lottery win! I think the Oilers will make some big moves this offseason. They have to. I think they made some good moves at the TDL.

ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

pieceofme wrote:The Flames have been getting awful goal-tending. They also overachieved last season. Most expected a comedown. Similar for Ottawa. Hammond went on a crazy run, and that was not going to repeat itself.
Their season started with the coach not knowing which of the three goalies to start. "Ramo? Hmmm... Ortio? Well, hmm... Hiller? Ehh..." Then when Ramo was getting good results he got injured. The addition of over-the-hill Backstroke doesn't help. The local sports magazine here in Finland was proposing a office job with the Wild for Backs after the season just before he got traded.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Yep
jizzyjizim
Headlining Clubs

Post by jizzyjizim »

pieceofme wrote:Canucks have lost 9 straight (1 in OT). Why they didn't trade any of their UFAs is bloody ridiculous. Especially as Vbrata will not be back next season. Supposedly, the owner cockblocked the Hamhuis trade as he wanted more. So Calgary swooped in instead and traded Russell to Dallas instead.

Maybe the Canucks get lucky and win the draft lottery. This city has been very apathetic with hockey recently. A grade A prospect is just what they need. Of course, they have to beat the Oilers for that lottery win! I think the Oilers will make some big moves this offseason. They have to. I think they made some good moves at the TDL.

yes, they did make some good moves at the TDL, added size...honestly, I hope the Canucks win the Matthews sweeps, the Oilers have 3 games left and 2 of them are against the Canucks...don't blow this.. :lol:
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

6 games for Keith.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

johnk5150 wrote:6 games for Keith.
He will only miss one playoff game. Could work in Chicago's favour!

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Must be nice to be a superstar. Repeat offender too.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote:

Must be nice to be a superstar. Repeat offender too.
Yep. Should have been more.

With Boston losing, the Panthers clinched today. 8)

Looks like the Islanders are our most likely opponent.