Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by bane »

I don't watch a lot of Yankees games, only when my team is playing them really, but is Girardi always such a whiner? At the end of last season he whines about Carlos Gomez disrespecting his pitcher and on opening day he whines about his pitcher throwing the ball into right field when Correa is running inside the baseline. The interference rule in this case is really dumb, but the rule is what it is. Shut up and play ball Girardi.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:I don't watch a lot of Yankees games, only when my team is playing them really, but is Girardi always such a whiner? At the end of last season he whines about Carlos Gomez disrespecting his pitcher and on opening day he whines about his pitcher throwing the ball into right field when Correa is running inside the baseline. The interference rule in this case is really dumb, but the rule is what it is. Shut up and play ball Girardi.
Bane-You are all over the place. If you think the rule is dumb, then why are you complaining about Girardi's behavior? I saw the play and I believe every sensible manager would have put up
an argument like he did. The Astros player was inside the baseline. He was on the grass. So I guess the pitcher must drill the runner with the ball in order to get an interference call/ Which makes no sense at all.
The umpire did not do his job. Plain and simple! When the Astros player finally reached the bag, his next step with his outside foot was still inside the chalk line. Which tells me that he never legally ran inside
the base line the entire time.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Chase Utley does not understand how to legally slide in MLB. Here he is sliding into home plate vs SD. Judge for yourself.
Might be time for a pitcher to "buzz" Utley in order to wake him up

And you don't understand how a clip don't show the whole picture either, dumb ass. I watched the game, he rounded 3rd wide and took the inside path. YA he slid in into the catcher a bit but to already cry about is being a bitch, big fucking deal. Take a 37? year old hard nose player and say ok now you can't play that way isn't going to happen over night if at all.

We get it, all sports are no contact now and nerf watchers like you enjoy it. Even the SD announcers were uppity for a second, fuck um. Go Utley. I guess we can start calling them SOFT NOSE PLAYERS.

Next year they're going to start using tennis balls to make the comebacker safer. You could use a shot of steroids, might grow a set of attitude balls.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:Chase Utley does not understand how to legally slide in MLB. Here he is sliding into home plate vs SD. Judge for yourself.
Might be time for a pitcher to "buzz" Utley in order to wake him up

And you don't understand how a clip don't show the whole picture either, dumb ass. I watched the game, he rounded 3rd wide and took the inside path. YA he slid in into the catcher a bit but to already cry about is being a bitch, big fucking deal. Take a 37? year old hard nose player and say ok now you can't play that way isn't going to happen over night if at all.

We get it, all sports are no contact now and nerf watchers like you enjoy it. Even the SD announcers were uppity for a second, fuck um. Go Utley. I guess we can start calling them SOFT NOSE PLAYERS.

Next year they're going to start using tennis balls to make the comebacker safer. You could use a shot of steroids, might grow a set of attitude balls.
OK ,you are in mid-season form already. Excellent!
So Utley commits an illegal slide and the opposing team and announcers are supposed to be ok with it because the player is 37 and plays the game hard? Nah. I say drill Utley
in the leg or back because he's going to break someone else's leg when sliding.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

The Jays lost a game to the Rays because Joey Bats slid illegally into 2nd game. That was awesome. If you watch the play you can clearly see
that Joey used one hand to reach for and make contact with the Rays defender. What a moron! Glad it cost that team the game. Rules and rules.
Whether its the top of the 1st or the 9th inning.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v ... 2305377590
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:I don't watch a lot of Yankees games, only when my team is playing them really, but is Girardi always such a whiner? At the end of last season he whines about Carlos Gomez disrespecting his pitcher and on opening day he whines about his pitcher throwing the ball into right field when Correa is running inside the baseline. The interference rule in this case is really dumb, but the rule is what it is. Shut up and play ball Girardi.
Bane-You are all over the place. If you think the rule is dumb, then why are you complaining about Girardi's behavior? I saw the play and I believe every sensible manager would have put up
an argument like he did. The Astros player was inside the baseline. He was on the grass. So I guess the pitcher must drill the runner with the ball in order to get an interference call/ Which makes no sense at all.
The umpire did not do his job. Plain and simple! When the Astros player finally reached the bag, his next step with his outside foot was still inside the chalk line. Which tells me that he never legally ran inside
the umpire didn't do his job? Obviously you don't know the rule any better than Girardi does. The throw has to be catchable. If it isn't, it's a moot point, and it wasn't, so the umpire interpreted the rule exactly the way he should have. I do think the rule is dumb as written. It's still the rule. That's probably why Correa did it. I don't have a problem with Girardi arguing the call. Any good manager should in that situation. I have a problem with his playing under protest after the rule was explained to him. That manager is still a whiney bitch.
Last edited by bane on Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote:
Machado wrote:
the umpire didn't do his job? Obviously you don't know the rule any better than Girardi does. The throw has to be catchable. If it isn't, it's a moot point, and it wasn't, so the umpire interpreted the rune exactly the way he should have. Your manager is still a whiney bitch.
haha-you're funny! anyway, the rule states that if the pitcher(in this case) would have thrown the ball at the runner, then the runner would be called out. so i guess it
takes an act of violence to get an out on the play. the rule is dumb. the rule should be changed. as soon as the runner is on the grass and then continues to put at least one foot on the infield grass, he should be ruled out.
end of story. play is dead. all runners return back to their original base(s). is that fair?
on this play, the Astros runner ran on the infield grass for the entire 90 feet. where else is a pitcher supposed to throw the ball but over the head of the defensive player or into the ground, without drilling the runner in the back or in the head.
bane

Post by bane »

Machado wrote:
bane wrote:
Machado wrote:
the umpire didn't do his job? Obviously you don't know the rule any better than Girardi does. The throw has to be catchable. If it isn't, it's a moot point, and it wasn't, so the umpire interpreted the rune exactly the way he should have. Your manager is still a whiney bitch.
haha-you're funny! anyway, the rule states that if the pitcher(in this case) would have thrown the ball at the runner, then the runner would be called out. so i guess it
takes an act of violence to get an out on the play. the rule is dumb. the rule should be changed. as soon as the runner is on the grass and then continues to put at least one foot on the infield grass, he should be ruled out.
end of story. play is dead. all runners return back to their original base(s). is that fair?
on this play, the Astros runner ran on the infield grass for the entire 90 feet. where else is a pitcher supposed to throw the ball but over the head of the defensive player or into the ground, without drilling the runner in the back or in the head.
What part of the rule is dumb do you not understand Machado? Yes, the pitcher should have hit Correa with the throw. He didn't so the runner is safe.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

bane wrote: What part of the rule is dumb do you not understand Machado? Yes, the pitcher should have hit Correa with the throw. He didn't so the runner is safe.
Are you going to go on and on and on about this one play? Take a break. Only 1 game into the MLB season. You surely can't sustain this pace through October :roll:
Looking forward to a runner getting drilled in the back or head, getting injured as a result and subsequently, MLB will change the rule
Instead of being proactive, this league will remain reactive when it comes to the rules of the game.
bane

Post by bane »

No, I'm going to watch my Astros take on your Yanks again tonight while looking forward to 2-0 and hope Girardi won't whine about anything for a change.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:I say drill Utley
in the leg or back because he's going to break someone else's leg when sliding.
So you're one of those morons, two wrongs make a right. Throwing at someone is a MLB rule as well jackass. Play it old school only when it fits your needs? Instead of the league taking action...I'm convinced you was dropped on your head as a baby.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers 2nd team ever to open the season with 3 shutouts. 1963 Cardinals

Monday -
LAD - 15
SD - 0

Tuesday -
LAD - 3
SD - 0

Wednesday -
LAD - 7
SD - 0

Kenta Maeda (W) hit a home run and tossed six scoreless in his Major League debut
Dodgers pitchers also set a franchise record for starting a season with 27 consecutive scoreless innings, which broke the mark of 23 by the 1974 club.

The Padres start the season in a slump.

--------------------------

Papi belts home run No. 505 to pass Murray........Fuck off Papi, Eddie Murray was one of my favorite players I got to watch 10' away and chase a couple of his HR's that left the park.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Padres trying their best to get mathematically eliminated by May 1st
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

LAPoet wrote:Padres trying their best to get mathematically eliminated by May 1st
I still kind of root for Kemp, I'm sure he'll be on fire come August. They estimated around 60% was LAD fans in the stands, it looked and sounded more like 40% at most, closer to 30. Not sure what's up with that, SD isn't happy with their teams.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado, speaking of your pussy slide rule I see the Blue Jays lost a great game rally due to a 2base no touch, get in the way and make contact during the slide. And it's only a review-able play because it involved a double play.

The Jay's have already lost 2 games to reviews and stupid changes. Let's build a plastic bubble around sports when ONE person gets hurt.

It's official, after 113 years of baseball you can no longer slide hard into a base. Nerf ball.

Machado - It's ok to take ROIDS but you can't slide hard!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:Machado, speaking of your pussy slide rule I see the Blue Jays lost a great game rally due to a 2base no touch, get in the way and make contact during the slide. And it's only a review-able play because it involved a double play.

The Jay's have already lost 2 games to reviews and stupid changes. Let's build a plastic bubble around sports when ONE person gets hurt.

It's official, after 113 years of baseball you can no longer slide hard into a base. Nerf ball.

Machado - It's ok to take ROIDS but you can't slide hard!
HAHA-You guys are hilarious :roll:
Joey bats reached out with his hand and hooked the foot of the defensive player. If that is not interference, I don't know what is. Do you agree on that or do you disagree?

Yes, it was OK to take roids because the league endorsed that. Baseball was in the dumps and the game needed players to kickstart the game. Enter McGwire and Sosa and many, many more.
The league, the media and fans turned a blind eye because asses were in the seats, fans were watching on TV and money was being made by the truck loads. Need I say more?
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

UtahRatt wrote:
LAPoet wrote:Padres trying their best to get mathematically eliminated by May 1st
I still kind of root for Kemp, I'm sure he'll be on fire come August. They estimated around 60% was LAD fans in the stands, it looked and sounded more like 40% at most, closer to 30. Not sure what's up with that, SD isn't happy with their teams.
I remember in 2010 when SD was in an actual pennant race for a change, the fans still stayed away.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I didn't hate seeing the Dodgers unable to hold a 4-0 lead going into the bottom of the 5th against the Giants this afternoon.
johnk5150
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by johnk5150 »

Go to bed. Cubs losing. Wake up. Cubs win. Going to be an interesting year.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

johnk5150 wrote:Go to bed. Cubs losing. Wake up. Cubs win. Going to be an interesting year.
Even more interesting, Kyle Schwarber is out for season with a torn ACL & MCL.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

The billy goat curse lives on
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
johnk5150 wrote:Go to bed. Cubs losing. Wake up. Cubs win. Going to be an interesting year.
Even more interesting, Kyle Schwarber is out for season with a torn ACL & MCL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkb5U-P ... tml5=False
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

https://vine.co/v/iILaKvxOF6F

Jon Miller(who some people think is a great announcer) makes a tiny mistake but has the sense to save the call with a fine ad lib
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SF has locked up Brandon Belt on a 5 year extension, reworking his current deal to be 6 years total. Financial details were not currently available.

*edit
Also 30 years ago today Will Clark became the 53rd player to hit a HR in his first AB off Nolan Ryan in Houston ( 1st pitch curve, 2nd fastball and whack ).

I always thought the number was less for that happening in first ABs . Oh well.

*edit II

Turns out their have been 115 players to do it. I could have sworn Will Clark was the 8th. For some reason that number jumps out at me from when I was a kid.

I have this card that has it on there. I gotta dig that up later. This kinda shit is important, mang.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

FUCK THE GIANTS! NO HIT INTO THE 8th AND STILL WIN! Off 2 lousy hits! I'm convinced LAD can't win in that park. I'm already starting to question Dave Robert's manger moves when it comes to his bull pen.

Rockies rookie Trevor Story on pace to hit 243-HR! "come on sports writers" It could happen! :D

DENVER -- Rockies rookie shortstop Trevor Story became the fifth player in Major League history to homer in four straight games to start a season, and the first to begin a season with six in four games.
Story's two homers off D-backs ace Zack Greinke on Monday set a record for a player making his debut in a season opener. Story then became the first rookie to begin his career with two multihomer games in his first four.
But take him out of the rookie category and he is still in the record books. By going deep in a fourth straight game to start a season, he tied the mark set by Willie Mays in 1971, and matched by Mark McGwire in 1998, Nelson Cruz in 2011 and Chris Davis in '13.

"McGwire appreciated the swing that's allowing Story to put on a show." I bet he did and without roids!

----------------------------------

He's got to be having a blast, I hope he has a great year. Maybe the Rockies knew what they were doing when they traded Troy Trevor Tulowitzki because they had another Trevor in the wings.

Remember when Griffey hit in 8 straight games back in 1993?

That's what it just reminded me off. I was in Seattle when Griffey went on that run and normally Seattle didn't have the liveliest of fan's but it was a big thing. One of those cities where if they were winning they'd show up, if not they'd complain and bash them on the radio. Guess there was some reason to be angry, they had a team that should have won a couple WS.
yeahbuddy
Miserable Racist Turd

Post by yeahbuddy »

UtahRatt wrote:FUCK THE GIANTS! NO HIT INTO THE 8th AND STILL WIN! Off 2 lousy hits! I'm convinced LAD can't win in that park. I'm already starting to question Dave Robert's manger moves when it comes to his bull pen.

Rockies rookie Trevor Story on pace to hit 243-HR! "come on sports writers" It could happen! :D

DENVER -- Rockies rookie shortstop Trevor Story became the fifth player in Major League history to homer in four straight games to start a season, and the first to begin a season with six in four games.
Story's two homers off D-backs ace Zack Greinke on Monday set a record for a player making his debut in a season opener. Story then became the first rookie to begin his career with two multihomer games in his first four.
But take him out of the rookie category and he is still in the record books. By going deep in a fourth straight game to start a season, he tied the mark set by Willie Mays in 1971, and matched by Mark McGwire in 1998, Nelson Cruz in 2011 and Chris Davis in '13.

"McGwire appreciated the swing that's allowing Story to put on a show." I bet he did and without roids!

He's got to be having a blast, I hope he has a great year. Maybe the Rockies knew what they were doing when they traded Troy Trevor Tulowitzki because they had another Trevor in the wings.

That's what it just reminded me off. I was in Seattle when Griffey went on that run and normally Seattle didn't have the liveliest of fan's but it was a big thing. One of those cities where if they were winning they'd show up, if not they'd complain and bash them on the radio. Guess there was some reason to be angry, they had a team that should have won a couple WS.

Watched that game last night, and when Roberts pulled him I said to myself "what the f!?!" You let the guy play it out & if they get a hit, pull him.
That was the worst example of micro managing that I've ever seen. Good going Dave Roberts. And then he gets himself tossed. What a dick!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

yeahbuddy wrote:
UtahRatt wrote:FUCK THE GIANTS! NO HIT INTO THE 8th AND STILL WIN! Off 2 lousy hits! I'm convinced LAD can't win in that park. I'm already starting to question Dave Robert's manger moves when it comes to his bull pen.

Watched that game last night, and when Roberts pulled him I said to myself "what the f!?!" You let the guy play it out & if they get a hit, pull him.
That was the worst example of micro managing that I've ever seen. Good going Dave Roberts. And then he gets himself tossed. What a dick!
It's the 5th game of the season. The kid was 77 pitches going into the 7th. You pull him so on the 100th game of the season he's not exhausted.

The 5th game of the season.

*ETA

MFY sign Nick Swisher to a minor league deal.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote:It's the 5th game of the season. The kid was 77 pitches going into the 7th. You pull him so on the 100th game of the season he's not exhausted.

I read Roberts was more worried over control issues, BB's not pitch count, but he was working them out all game. 77 isn't a read line, let the kid work out of the last jam. Another thing is Roberts choice of relief and how he's been burning up a few in pen while keeping others on the bench or low innings.

Anyway, I was in the same boat, let him pitch out of it or until he let them got a hit or cross the plate.

Win them in the spring so you don't have to in the fall!
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

Giants take 3 of 4 from the Dodgers. Its been a good weekend.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote:
killeverything wrote:It's the 5th game of the season. The kid was 77 pitches going into the 7th. You pull him so on the 100th game of the season he's not exhausted.

I read Roberts was more worried over control issues, BB's not pitch count, but he was working them out all game. 77 isn't a read line, let the kid work out of the last jam. Another thing is Roberts choice of relief and how he's been burning up a few in pen while keeping others on the bench or low innings.

Anyway, I was in the same boat, let him pitch out of it or until he let them got a hit or cross the plate.

Win them in the spring so you don't have to in the fall!
I still think the Dodgers are going to be a lot better than people realize. Losing Greinke didn't kill the team, losing Mattingly can only be a plus.

I think Roberts can make them play like team and Friedman's track record with drafts and development is pretty unparalleled. That said I think pulling Stripling was the right move. If they get vintage Ryu back that rotation is going to be scary.

I might go to a Dodgers @ Cubs game in June for a friend's bachelor party. If I do I hopefully get to see Kershaw.