The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Machado »

Utah, get a clue already. Stop bitching about how many flags are thrown or how many plays are reviewed.
Is the point to get the call right or is the point to throw a flag sometimes, but not all the time?
Pick one or the other because you can't have both.

IMO, getting the call right is better for the game. I don't care how long it takes. Get the call right on
the field or with the help of replay and get back to playing football.

The non call against Richard Sherman two weeks ago vs Atlanta was a joke. Since when does an able body
WR, an all pro for that matter, jump for a ball with just one hand when the game is on the line, directly
in the middle of the field? NEVER! Therefore, Sherman must have grabbed his arm, pulled it away and interfered
with the play. Right? Those non calls are very upsetting for the players, the announcers, the viewers and the fans.
I wish replay was able to correct that call because it would have been the right thing to do. Regardless
of how many extra minutes it takes or how long the game is paused to the play could be reversed.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Utah, get a clue already. Stop bitching about how many flags are thrown or how many plays are reviewed.
Is the point to get the call right or is the point to throw a flag sometimes, but not all the time?
Pick one or the other because you can't have both.

IMO, getting the call right is better for the game. I don't care how long it takes. Get the call right on
the field or with the help of replay and get back to playing football.

The non call against Richard Sherman two weeks ago vs Atlanta was a joke. Since when does an able body
WR, an all pro for that matter, jump for a ball with just one hand when the game is on the line, directly
in the middle of the field? NEVER! Therefore, Sherman must have grabbed his arm, pulled it away and interfered
with the play. Right? Those non calls are very upsetting for the players, the announcers, the viewers and the fans.
I wish replay was able to correct that call because it would have been the right thing to do. Regardless
of how many extra minutes it takes or how long the game is paused to the play could be reversed.

Hey idiot, can you read or do you just not think before you speak....You get stuck on a word and miss the discussion like a chick then go off into some other world.

If you read the link, the argument is Officiating Crews hold some responsibility for sloppy games. Again......
Except for you, it's no secret but it's becoming more apparent with replay and all the changes. Under the same rule book the scouting reports shows every Officiating Crew calls a different game like a baseball ump with different strike zones. They're not consistent and teams game plan for it. Coaches read these Reports and say we've got "Ed Hochuli's crew" they've called a league high 18 roughing, taunting, unsportsmanlike type penalties which is 4 times more then the crew with the fewest.

Reality is veteran players know the crews are different and what they can or can't get away with. As a coach you're making sure you team knows what they can expect from each core and that effects the game. I've always hated Hochuli.
Walt Anderson crew has thrown the most defensive pass interference, holding and contact flags YET throws the 2nd fewest Offensive Holding calls....Something your WR's can take advantage of while your DB's are in for a long night.

Jerome Boger Crew 20.8 flags a game
Walt Coleman Crew 12.2 flags a game

That's a big difference showing how each NFL Reffing Crew can have a big effect on the game. You'd think False starts and pre-snap movement would be fairly close. Triplette's crew leads the NFL in those calls, 4 other crews have called them 50% less of the time. So again, same rule book each crew sees it differently and easy to see how things can get sloppy. As a player and a spectator it's frustrating.

Like Belichick approach to the new touchback rule, showing the percentage of teams scoring goes way down by holding them at the 20yd line then the 25. So he kicks them short. Think he's not reading the Ref's scouting reports.....
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Artemis2085
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Artemis2085 »

Gritt wrote:The quality of play is hideous this year.
I'm going to agree with you here.

Dallas - As a lifetime Cowboys fan, this is a good little problem to have. I've always defended Romo fiercely and am a huge fan of his. But the fact is that Dak (no idea who "Dank" is) has the hot hand right now and Elliott has grown leaps and bounds since even Week 2. The smart thing is to do what Denver did: ride the rookie QB until he starts fucking up, then send in your proven veteran who's had plenty of time to get healthy to finish things up through the playoffs on through to the Super Bowl. Dallas are just scrappy enough to pull something like that off, and a Sunday night win over Philly will do a LOT to further this.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I don't know what clip Machado saw from last nights game but I saw the guys foot touch the center's back.

And don't forget to go fuck yourself Cowboys fans. :mrgreen:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Artemis2085 wrote:
Gritt wrote:The quality of play is hideous this year.
I'm going to agree with you here.

Dallas - As a lifetime Cowboys fan, this is a good little problem to have. I've always defended Romo fiercely and am a huge fan of his. But the fact is that Dak (no idea who "Dank" is) has the hot hand right now and Elliott has grown leaps and bounds since even Week 2. The smart thing is to do what Denver did: ride the rookie QB until he starts fucking up, then send in your proven veteran who's had plenty of time to get healthy to finish things up through the playoffs on through to the Super Bowl. Dallas are just scrappy enough to pull something like that off, and a Sunday night win over Philly will do a LOT to further this.
Game vs Eagles on Sunday is a game I am looking forward to. Battle of the rookie QB's & Dez is scheduled to return and Scandrick is also scheduled to return to the field.
I hope Mo Claiborne is 100% this week. He took a brutal hit from Sean Lee the other game. Directly into the concussion protocol.
As for the Romo vs Dak debate. That is created by the media and is magnified with each passing week. As long as the team and the players are not thinking about
the matter 24/7, there is not much of a problem.
Romo will return eventually. He's not 100% right now so there is no reason for anybody in the media or haters to create a scenario where he could take the field this week.
Once he's healthy, I say give Romo at least two more weeks to be 100% sure he is healthy. No harm in being extra careful while the rookie plays well enough to win more games.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Arian Foster just announced his sudden retirement:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/arian ... 02880.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Once again, Matardo is showing he doesn't know anything that the announcers don't tell him.

Ratt is correct about everything he said regarding officiating and what it does to games and how teams prepare for the games.

As for Matardo saying there was no penalty on the Seattle player blocking the kick, yes there's was. He should have been flagged. I hate the rule, but he should have been flagged.

I want the NFL to adopt the college pass interference rule. Make it 15 yards. This spot foul bullshit is hideous especially in the last 5-10 years with all of the rule changes that have further hamstrung DBs from being able to defend.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote:Arian Foster just announced his sudden retirement:

That sucks in a lot of ways. Hated to see him get hurt and leave the Texans but to not make a comeback and finish his year contract with the Fish sucks even worse. Then being benched for the young 200yd back to back Ajayi is the finishing blow. He's probably making the best decision at 30yo but he could have ate his pride, sat on the bench and collected a paycheck as a backup but good for him to call it a day. A great RB, at least he left his mark with the Texans as their all time leader, it will fall eventually but he set the bar.

How many people actually thought Brock Osweiler was going to be THE QB?
He shouldn't have left Denver, he got cocky and now is stuck on a team that needs and expected more just so he could milk out a few more coins from Houston rather than stay in Denver for about the same money. He felt betrayed, dude never proved himself to begin with. He should have sat on the bench watch Peyton win a SB playing like shit knowing that Defense is what got them a ring, not his few wins behind center.

Denver is smack talking the fuck out of Brock. From Elway to the players he's getting slammed in social media and on the telli. I don't see Brock ever developing into a solid starter. He's got the physical tools but not the ability. Even a decent line but it's not gonna happen, Houston isn't going to win on his shoulders and with JJ out. It sucks for a Team like the Texans who are a couple players and an injury short of being a dominate team.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

UtahRatt wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:Arian Foster just announced his sudden retirement:

That sucks in a lot of ways. Hated to see him get hurt and leave the Texans but to not make a comeback and finish his year contract with the Fish sucks even worse. Then being benched for the young 200yd back to back Ajayi is the finishing blow. He's probably making the best decision at 30yo but he could have ate his pride, sat on the bench and collected a paycheck as a backup but good for him to call it a day. A great RB, at least he left his mark with the Texans as their all time leader, it will fall eventually but he set the bar.

How many people actually thought Brock Osweiler was going to be THE QB?
He shouldn't have left Denver, he got cocky and now is stuck on a team that needs and expected more just so he could milk out a few more coins from Houston rather than stay in Denver for about the same money. He felt betrayed, dude never proved himself to begin with. He should have sat on the bench watch Peyton win a SB playing like shit knowing that Defense is what got them a ring, not his few wins behind center.

Denver is smack talking the fuck out of Brock. From Elway to the players he's getting slammed in social media and on the telli. I don't see Brock ever developing into a solid starter. He's got the physical tools but not the ability. Even a decent line but it's not gonna happen, Houston isn't going to win on his shoulders and with JJ out. It sucks for a Team like the Texans who are a couple players and an injury short of being a dominate team.
Ajayi is finally showing why he was once thought of as a possible 2nd round pick, The O-line has played lights out in both games, Miami can hang with some good teams with the line being healthy but they'll probably lose against the next team they should beat.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm loving these London games. Early morning game on a Sunday is right up my alley.

Thursday night games can go though. It's like they're trying to make my eyes throw up as well.

NFL is for Sunday and Monday along with the Saturday games after the college season is over.
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

Holy shit I don't know who was dirtier, the Bengals or the Refs. Skins go into the bye 4-3-1 :x
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

How about them Cowboys?
Outstanding comeback tonight at home vs Eagles. I tell you what, Dak vs Wentz for the next 7 years
or so sounds like a great idea. That's how a rivalry catches fire, when both players are very, very good.

Dak took the bull by the horns tonight and brought the team back from behind. He was not perfect tonight.
Might have been his worse game, but he still was in control in OT. Never giving the ball to Philly and winning
the game with the TD pass to Witten
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

How 'bout them Dirty Birds beating the 'Pack by a point, by the way!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Einstein Lawless wrote:Holy shit I don't know who was dirtier, the Bengals or the Refs. Skins go into the bye 4-3-1 :x
I loathe the Redskins but that game was very poorly officiated. That's another factor in piss poor quality of the games.

How about the Oakland Raiders?! Color me impressed.

My beloved Cowboys stepped on their dick repeatedly, sleep walked through the 2-3 quarters, and STILL WIN. And we've got the mighty Cleveland Browns next week. That'll make 7-1. Holy shitballs.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

NFL Record: Oakland 23 Penalties for 200yds :lol:
Raider record: Derek Carr - 513yds
QB's with 500yds, 4td's and 0int's = Y.A. Tittle, Ben Roethlisberger, Derek Carr

Talk about fucking FG's, Janikowski 1 for 3 on FG's.....The Raiders couldn't give the game away......Did the NFL change the rules or maybe they better check the PSI on the K balls. Some ugly ass kicking to go along with the rest of the ugly ass.

Oakland 30 Tampa 24 F

-------------------------------------

Good Games Eagles! They have a good D for sure but it sounds like they shit the bed in the end. Good win Dallas, alone on top of the NFC LEAST.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Good Games Eagles! They have a good D for sure but it sounds like they shit the bed in the end. Good win Dallas, alone on top of the NFC LEAST.
Utah, 2015 was last year. In 2016, the NFC east is playing very well. Every team is above .500
After 8 weeks of the season that should mean something, yes? You can't refer to that division as the NFC least based on those numbers.
YOU STUPID FUCK!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Dak took the bull by the horns tonight and brought the team back from behind. He was not perfect tonight.
Might have been his worse game, but he still was in control in OT. Never giving the ball to Philly and winning
the game with the TD pass to Witten

Philly couldn't close the damn door.
Dank took the bull from behind tonight and brought the team back by the horns. No, He was not perfect tonight. He kind of sucked. Pretty sweet TD, Dank coulda hit Witten with a Zeppelin he was so wide open. Witten should get all the credit for the Stop n Go juke that bumped off the DB....Worked so well it almost looked like a push off. Nifty move by Witten.

The flip side, Dank bunny hopping around the pocket "Should I throw, Should I run" dropped back, bounced forward just when the hole shut so he bounced back then spun around still with all day to throw eventually seen and hit a wide open Jackie Smith for aaaa...I mean Witten for the winning TD. Witten gets the I got open for the TD award.

Dank made one of the most entertaining 5 second drop backs without pressure in history....Then topped it off with a instant decisive quick release TD throw. Skittish and well executed. Great comeback Dallas.

---------------------------------

The Over Time Rules are still an argument it seems. The headlines were bitching this morning.

"The NFL overtime rules are broken, and the easiest fix in the world is staring us in the face"
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/nfl-ove ... s-redskins

No it's not USA TODAY! Fuck off! If they didn't fuck with the XP there wouldn't have been a tie on top of 2 missed FG's.
I'm glad they went back to somewhat of the "original" Over Time system but still on the fence if it should be a one possession each team regardless. I'd take a TIE over the college Red Zone shit unless that's into the 2nd OT. Screw programming and missing Heidi!

Apart from the tie. You know the drill....On the first possession score a TD you win. The issues......
If you kick or miss a FG, the other team still gets the ball. If you miss they get a short field to drive and kick the game winner basically making FG range 4 down territory on the first possession in most cases. Range of FG and 1st Down distance a factor, but anyway.

I think I'm fine with it. I don't mind the Tie and didn't mind Philly not being able to stop Dallas on 4th or the TD. How about make the XP and FG's!

------------------------------------------------

It's the year of the KICKER! Not sure of the stats but it's been sloppy. How many misses, XP and FG's?
Check the PSI in the K BALL! Better start doctoring that shit.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

I don't care about seeing Dak and Wentz battle the next 7 years or so.. I want other fans to worry about seeing Dak and Zeke for the next 7 or so years, hopefully making their lives miserable as the two help beat their respective teams. Kinda like when MCnabb and Duce would come to Dallas. Or, Eli... etc..

Good win Cowboys. Next time try to not give me a fuckin heart attack.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Cam Newton needs to shut his mouth and stop being a whiner.
Last year he was all about dapping, winning games, showing his Superman moves and
didn't complain about getting hit.
This year all he does is complain and he says the facts are that he gets hit more often than every other NFL QB.
Wrong, NFL Network showed a stat that since 2011, 22 roughing penalties have been called against Cam.
Tied for 1st place with Fitzpatrick.
So Cam, do us all a favor, continue to be a poor sport and the loser that you are because it certainly fits you.
Just like the stupid post-game outfits you continue to wear.
You are not special. Just another NFL QB
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Cam can take his ball and go home. Nobody is putting a fuckin gun to his head to play. Such a whiny punkass.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Cam can take his ball and go home. Nobody is putting a fuckin gun to his head to play. Such a whiny punkass.
Cam is a world class whiner. Funny that Cam told the media he was going to have a meeting
with Roger Goodell to talk about the amount of "vicious hits" he receives.
F U CAM
Dap on that!
Ya bitch
The kid is a straight up loser. He will never win the big game because his priority is the Cam name, not the team.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Machado wrote:Cam Newton needs to shut his mouth and stop being a whiner.
Last year he was all about dapping, winning games, showing his Superman moves and
didn't complain about getting hit.
This year all he does is complain and he says the facts are that he gets hit more often than every other NFL QB.
Wrong, NFL Network showed a stat that since 2011, 22 roughing penalties have been called against Cam.
Tied for 1st place with Fitzpatrick.
So Cam, do us all a favor, continue to be a poor sport and the loser that you are because it certainly fits you.
Just like the stupid post-game outfits you continue to wear.
You are not special. Just another NFL QB

I hate Cam, but to say he didn't complain last year is a stretch. He was upset several times about not getting calls.
Don't you remember he accused a ref of calling him "boy" when he complained about a non-call.
He is just kicking it up a notch, while wearing clothes inspired by The MASK.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Pats trade Collins for a 3rd rounder from da Browns. Going from the best record in the NFL to the worst. Damn. Bill's pimp hand is strong.
Lot of people up here are upset by the move, but while I always saw huge up-side to his play, he was wildly inconsistent, and got run the fuck over this week, plus the Pats need to resign Malcolm, Dont'a and Gronk, so it was adios and see ya later Collins. Much like the move in the off season to part ways with Chandler Jones.
So the Browns get to rent Collins for 8 games and then he hits the market, and the Pats get a 3rd. I'm down with that.
I think we will see some drop off at the LB position, but I highly doubt it is a game changer.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

http://nesn.com/2016/10/this-nfl-networ ... l-elliott/
This NFL Network Analyst Wants Eagles To Put Bounty On Ezekiel Elliott

Just another POS hater that is way out of bounds with the disgusting comments
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

See ya, Norv. Hope the Vikings can get back on track without him:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/norv- ... 38853.html
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:See ya, Norv. Hope the Vikings can get back on track without him:

Vikings are what they are. A team with Sam Bradford at QB.

And motherfuck Brian Baldinger.
Professional Hater
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Artemis2085 wrote:
dmbrocker wrote:See ya, Norv. Hope the Vikings can get back on track without him:

Vikings are what they are. A team with Sam Bradford at QB.

And motherfuck Brian Baldinger.
Norv was finished last season and with what's left on offense there's not much he can do, the Vik's prepared in the off season for his departure so he bolted early. It can't get any worse.

He's better then Bradford but Teddy isn't Steve Young either, he helped the run but with AP out what's the Vik's to do? Adrian Peterson can threaten to baby sit Bradford's kids if Sam don't play better. Take out the Running game and leave them with Bradford they can expect a win every other game roller coaster. Their D should keep them in games. Bradford should put up some W's.

They're still in a good spot with the Packer's having issues and the Lions are still the Lions. It's going to be an interesting division in the 2nd half, as long as their D dominates the Vik's should have the upper hand. Apart from the No Defense Falcons, the Panthers on life support and Seattle's offensive woes, the NFC is a total toss up. I wouldn't be surprised if the Panthers make a run but bet the Vik's hold it together and nab a WC if not the division. Seattle should work out the bugs while the NFCLeast beats up on each other, they have to send someone to the playoffs.
Machado wrote:Utah, 2015 was last year. In 2016, the NFC east is playing very well. Every team is above .500
After 8 weeks of the season that should mean something, yes? You can't refer to that division as the NFC least based on those numbers.
YOU STUPID FUCK!
Machado wrote:i might not know how to flush a toilet today, but you will still
be stupid tomorrow

MIC DROP!
PLUNGER DROP!

If you knew anything, there's a difference between the first and second half. Not to mention for the last couple years there's been less stable dominate teams with mostly a wash coming out of the gate. The second half is when the cream rises and Dallas has a history of folding in December let alone winning anything in the last decade? You're the moron who bragged how Dallas won a playoff game once and forgot to mention it was barely beating the Lions then brings up some phantom play away from winning another!

NFCLeast. Fuck off with Dallas, their weakass schedule and division ya crybaby. On paper their .500! In reality that Division is always up for grabs. While you was still sniffling when Homo went down I was the one saying they wasn't finished. And screw Dank and the arrogant rookie woman beater who should have a hit put out on him, it's the Cowboy's D they should be talking about. They've finally showed up.

Just into November, If they can keep running the ball, win the time of possession! Not turn the ball over, play defense and score more points then the other team Dallas should win!

:lol: @ machado talking about "if they can win Time Of Possession" like they did vs Tampa! When they didn't.......BTW.
Time of Possession doesn't always tell the story, you can't read anyway. The Pat's, Seattle and Denver are like middle of the pack and towards the bottom. The Jets and Titans are in the top 5.

Learn the game sometime. You'll be surprised how much more there is than watching Sports Center.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Utah is the Chris Everett of the Sludge Locker room/NFL thread
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Panthers making a run?! :shock: Um, no. They're as impressive as a plate full of piss.

The race for the NFC East is going to be entertaining and terrifying all at once. But I still see the Cowboys running deep into the playoffs. But our D got really banged up against Philly. Luckily it's the Browns tomorrow, who have shown moxie at times. But this shouldn't be a trap game. 8-1.
Professional Hater