Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:48 pm

What a surprising day. The MFY has tied Cleveland ( whom I assumed would just sweep it's way to the Championship Series ) and get to face Kluber in game 5.

Boston was eliminated by Houston.

Arizona was swept by the Dodgers.

Dusty Baker's Nats are one from elimination by Cubs.

Twins bringing Paul Molitor back on a 3 year deal.
Image
User avatar
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11350
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 am
Location: The land of meatless chicken wings

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Facedown » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:42 am

In typical Sox style, Fister didn't lose them the game, their two best pitchers did.....in the 8th.
Bye Farrell.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 am

Facedown wrote:In typical Sox style, Fister didn't lose them the game, their two best pitchers did.....in the 8th.
Bye Farrell.
He was just dismissed.

Two games today because of yesterday's rain out. I was thinking the only team that swept would possibly go 5 and Cleveland would carry a broom straight to the CS.

Helluva postseason so far.
Image
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:52 am

Nothing like MLB playoffs. NFL and NHL playoffs aren't what they used to be, but MLB playoffs are still always exciting.
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:18 pm

MFY comes back from 0-2 to beat a choking HARD Cleveland 5-2.

Nats beat Cubs 5-0. Game 5 tomorrow. It looks like Gio @ Hendricks.
Image
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: The Ghetto

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by LAPoet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Indians choking away a lead in the playoffs? Odd.
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 am

Would a Dodgers - Yankees World Series make killeverything lose his mind?
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 am

NeverSurrender wrote:Would a Dodgers - Yankees World Series make killeverything lose his mind?
That is my fucking nightmare and I dread it daily.

The Astros are ( technically ) the better team, but it's the fucking Astros against the MFY...in the ALCS. One bad play and they could fold like Cleveland ( paper baseball's #1 )'s 6 errors in two games.

That said as a baseball fan an MFY/Dodgers World Series historically is huge. They have faced off in the World Series 11 times ( 1981 being the last with LAD winning 4-2 ) with the MFY leading their matchups 8-3.





I'm indifferent towards Houston. I dislike the Cubs, hate the Nats ( hairflip boy and fuck you, Dusty Baker ), and have an almost equal hatred towards both the MFY and LAD.

Well not equal, IF they meetup I'll not be AS angry if LA wins...but still pretty angry.

Fuck the fucking world!
Image
User avatar
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8431
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: In an underground revolution working overtime

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dmbrocker » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 am

killeverything wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Would a Dodgers - Yankees World Series make killeverything lose his mind?
That is my fucking nightmare and I dread it daily.

The Astros are ( technically ) the better team, but it's the fucking Astros against the MFY...in the ALCS. One bad play and they could fold like Cleveland ( paper baseball's #1 )'s 6 errors in two games.

That said as a baseball fan an MFY/Dodgers World Series historically is huge. They have faced off in the World Series 11 times ( 1981 being the last with LAD winning 4-2 ) with the MFY leading their matchups 8-3.





I'm indifferent towards Houston. I dislike the Cubs, hate the Nats ( hairflip boy and fuck you, Dusty Baker ), and have an almost equal hatred towards both the MFY and LAD.

Well not equal, IF they meetup I'll not be AS angry if LA wins...but still pretty angry.

Fuck the fucking world!
I'm thinking it could be a Dodgers/Astros WS matchup at this point, though part of me would love to see the Cubs win a second straight title. Really, though, I just want to know when the Braves are going to be playoff/World Series contenders again like in the early/mid 90's. It's been hard times in the ATL over the past decade for los Bravos...
Image
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
User avatar
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11350
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 am
Location: The land of meatless chicken wings

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Facedown » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:01 pm

I wanted the Indians to beat the Yankees and then the Astros.
Guess I have to root for the Astros now although I've grown to dislike them.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Facedown wrote:I wanted the Indians to beat the Yankees and then the Astros.
Guess I have to root for the Astros now although I've grown to dislike them.
After giving it some thought, I would like to see the Astros win the whole thing. After the flood it would be good for the city and I've always liked Verlander. It would be cool if he got a ring, especially after getting fucked on the Cy last year.
Image
User avatar
Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van
Posts: 1098
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:09 am
Location: The Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Cyd » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Cubs advance in a slugfest 9 - 8.
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:27 am

Astros top MFY 2-1. Keuchel had 7IP 0R 10K. He is 4-0 0.72ERA this postseason. The first pitcher to go 4-0 with a sub 1.00ERA since at least 1912.

*ETA

Judge, bird, and Sanchez in the middle of that order is going to suck going forward, but Dallas Keuchel has killed the Yankees more times than a pilot's license. :lol: ( I can't take credit for that one ).

Corey Seager not in LAD lineup tonight ( back ).
Image
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps
Posts: 558
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: The Ghetto

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by LAPoet » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Seager not even on the NLCS roster
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Verlander was dealing 9IP 1R 13K as Houston goes up 2-0 on the MFY with a 2-1 win. The domestic abuser got the loss.

LAD beats Chicago 5-2. Kershaw didn't get the W though.
Image
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:25 am

Puig is the hero of the 1st game of the NLCS.
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:59 am

NeverSurrender wrote:Puig is the hero of the 1st game of the NLCS.
I could see the Cubs/Dodgers going seven. Both are pretty solid and I can't really see a glaring weakness for either.

MFY/Houston on OTOH is different. No one fears NY's starting pitching and for as good as Houston is, if you can get to their middle relief you have a chance.
Image
WOLF
Headlining a Theater Tour
Posts: 6141
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:32 pm
Location: Canada's metal capital (that would be Montreal)

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by WOLF » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:29 am

Verlander may go down as the best late season acquisition in the history of MLB if Houston goes all the way.

He's accounted for 3 of their 5 wins thus far, starting and in relief, and was on another level yesterday.
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am

WOLF wrote:Verlander may go down as the best late season acquisition in the history of MLB if Houston goes all the way.

He's accounted for 3 of their 5 wins thus far, starting and in relief, and was on another level yesterday.
Good point. I can't recall someone off the top of my head right now, at least not late season aquisitions.
Image
User avatar
AcillateM
Drunken Beaner
Posts: 4179
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:41 pm
Location: East Fucking Texas

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by AcillateM » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:43 pm

As a life long Astros fan, we're way over due,going all the way in 05 only to be swept, we've been through all the heartache .. so far it's going just like i wished for... Red Sox/Yankees... then I'd love to dethrone the champs.
Landshark2000 wrote:
Mexicans don't swoon. They go "¡Ándale! ¡Ándale! ¡Arriba! ¡Arriba! ¡Epa¡ ¡Epa! ¡Epa! Yeehaw!"
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:35 am

killeverything wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Puig is the hero of the 1st game of the NLCS.
I could see the Cubs/Dodgers going seven. Both are pretty solid and I can't really see a glaring weakness for either.
Not me. Cubs might get one, imo.


Teen Wolf with the walkoff homer 29 years to the day of Gibson's HR.
Image
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 pm

3 games to zero, bitches.
Image
User avatar
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem
Posts: 10281
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Camp Crystal Lake

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by killeverything » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:57 pm

It's headed back to Chicago with LAD leading 3-1. It's not going to happen again, but how funny would it be if Chicago came back from 3-0? Dave Roberts is the dude that had "the steal" which fueled Boston's '04 comeback.

Astros and MFY head to Houston with the MFY leading 3-2.
Image
User avatar
DOWN2WHISKEY
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 5670
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by DOWN2WHISKEY » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:24 am

NeverSurrender wrote:Teen Wolf with the walkoff homer 29 years to the day of Gibson's HR.
My brother and I were watching the game & when Turner hit that HR he said "Nice to see the lead singer of The Spin Doctors get his 1st big hit since the 90's!"
User avatar
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 11350
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:23 am
Location: The land of meatless chicken wings

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by Facedown » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am

Fucking Astros. If they blow this to the Yankees I'm going to hate them more than I already do.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Image
User avatar
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8431
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: In an underground revolution working overtime

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dmbrocker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:01 pm

If the Cubs come back from this, it'll be a miracle. Period. I personally wouldn't mind a Yankees/Dodgers World Series with the Dodgers winning...
Image
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:36 pm

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:Teen Wolf with the walkoff homer 29 years to the day of Gibson's HR.
My brother and I were watching the game & when Turner hit that HR he said "Nice to see the lead singer of The Spin Doctors get his 1st big hit since the 90's!"

:lol:
Image
User avatar
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 15159
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:14 am
Location: One Love, One Ocean

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NeverSurrender » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:12 pm

First time in 29 years, bitches.
Image
User avatar
DOWN2WHISKEY
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 5670
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by DOWN2WHISKEY » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:43 am

Nationals announced that Dusty Baker will not return as their manager!
User avatar
dmbrocker
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8431
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: In an underground revolution working overtime

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dmbrocker » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:11 am

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Nationals announced that Dusty Baker will not return as their manager!
Yep. Bye-bye, Dusty. Nats won't miss you, I guess.
Image
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
Post Reply