Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by dmbrocker »

SOX, BABY!!! Now to see if the Dodgers can close out against Milwaukee tomorrow...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:45 pm SOX, BABY!!! Now to see if the Dodgers can close out against Milwaukee tomorrow...
SOX's! FUCK YA...NO, FUCK NO, YA FUCK YA! NO wait...NO!
LA will get stomped by Boston, any of the big 3.5 will take the best the NL has to offer. I thought Boston or Cleveland had a shot at the Stro's but I really didn't believe it......I was sticking by team repeating as my hope they'd get beat now I'm regretting it.
I Still can't believe it but after G3 when the bats woke up I could feel upset in the air. Not sure if I'm happy about it now.
I stand by thinking the Brewers would have a better chance but if I have to watch LAD lose again so be. I'm not sure they can close out the Brewers let alone give Boston a WS worth watching. If LA goes, at least take TWO, please.

Sorry bane hope you took my spew with a grain of salt I really wasn't serious other than it's been a shit week part..........After Cleveland then Game 1 I had no doubt Houston was on their way. It's a good thing I'm not a betting man. They won a great series last year it sucked the life out of me and had a harder time VS the MoneyPit Ball of the AL East this time around. They're great team, at least you've got a ring. I get to watch mine "if they go" lose back to back and only win twice in my life......30 years a fucking go and like 37? years ago when I was just out of coloring books.

My voodoo curse worked, Sux fans owe me again!
UtahRatt wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:29 pmSale's has an odd stomach sickness, this is Price's curse breaker?
That quote is why Price/Boston won, he and everyone in Boston own me one game of roster checks! Not to mention at the All-Star break on the BMX forms I said this will be the year Boston breaks the curse in 04.....It's probably still there, several mentioned it but I still haven't seen payment. PAY ME!

How much shit will become of Fan Interference?
My stance is don't fuck with a player regardless if the foolish stadium design allows it, if a player has a play back the fuck up, I've been to hundreds of games and never once tried to fight for a ball like that. On Mookie's play to me it looks like his glove was closed by a fans hand. Even if it's cross the yellow I thought it was the right call, they played a series that one play didn't lose the entire ALCS for them but one thing's for sure.

There's going to be a lot of shit talk about it.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

$50 says Kill is avoiding breaking mirrors walking under ladders and black cats.......I put a hex on him so it don't matter.

I'm all superstitious n shit and I'm so holding back on talking more shit because I feel he's gonna go off today but Christian Yelich is Ralph Macchio.

I hate Ralph Macchio!
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 pm $50 says Kill is avoiding breaking mirrors walking under ladders and black cats.......I put a hex on him so it don't matter.

I'm all superstitious n shit and I'm so holding back on talking more shit because I feel he's gonna go off today but Christian Yelich is Ralph Macchio.

I hate Ralph Macchio!
LA did it.

Boston in 5. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see LA swept.

I really, really, really wanna see Puig cry.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:53 pm
UtahRatt wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:14 pm $50 says Kill is avoiding breaking mirrors walking under ladders and black cats.......I put a hex on him so it don't matter.
LA did it.

Boston in 5. Although I wouldn’t be surprised to see LA swept.

I really, really, really wanna see Puig cry.

It wasn't a stretch but how many times did I say Bo$ton and what NL Lamb is going to the slaughter. I'm calling the same, the Sux in 5......"flipping after G1 of the ALCS, don't count"

May the biggest payroll win! Bo$ton bought the Ring in the Spring while LA wasn't even supposed to make the Post but here they are and don't mind me I'm going full on Machado off my rocker n shit.....Machado if you're out there you're missed....By someone. I'm content with the NL Pennant, they can't bat and pitch with the $ox's.

Dodgers = 6 divisions titles in a row and nothing to show! 2 NLCS pennants back to back and maybe the same? 4 of the last 6 NLCS's, nothing.....6 out of the last 11 NLCS's.......Notta! Dodgers 2018 NLCS Champs ties the Giants with 23 National League pennants WON!

MLB HIGHEST PAYROLL $
1 - Boston Red Sox $228,398,860,
2 - San Francisco Giants $205,665,348

After getting crap for 4 years LAD made the WS while dropping salary now it's my turn to rub it in! Boston Red Sox's The New Quarter Billion Dollar Team! This reminds me of....The Los Angeles Dodgers (94-67) were heavy underdogs in the 1988 World Series against the Oakland Athletics (104-58), but managed to ...You know. 2018: Dodgers (92-71) Boston (108-54) No way can LA win!

I know you're superstitious with Halloween coming ya never know something odd could happen, 30 years since their last WS win, they won the NLCS on the day of Gibson's HR?....I let a black cat walk over a Jason Varitek jersey a chick gave me.
Not to mention, my team drafted your Manager! HA! There's a cool pic of Alex Cora and Dave Roberts in LA, wonder if they're shit texting each other. Dave Roberts WAR 9.0 > Alex Cora WAR 7.0 = PWNED

Buy any swag? I went mad.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Chris Sale's tummy troubles due to belly-button ring ... maybe............ :lol:

It apparently wasn't the flu or some bad sushi that sent Chris Sale to the hospital during the AL Championship Series against the Astros. No, the reason was far different than most would have expected: an infection due to a belly-button ring.
That's the story Sale told Saturday when asked how he was feeling With a straight face, the ace left-hander said some belly-button bling was behind his hospital stay last weekend in Boston, one that ultimately caused him to miss a Game 5 start.

"I had irritation from a belly-button ring, just constantly taking it in and out, causing irritation and got a rash down there," Sale told reporters at Fenway Park, according to the Boston Herald. "Had to take care of that. Doctors and nurses over at MGH were awesome. Things happen. You handle them and keep moving forward."
It was unclear if Sale was joking, but he has had some fun with the reason for injuries in the past. After breaking his foot in 2015, he showed up to spring training and told reporters it happened while he was delivering roundhouse kicks to the head of a home intruder.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2503 ... utton-ring

--------------------------------------------------------------

Game 1 starters: Clayton Kershaw vs Chris Sale

What a quack! This would be my dream match up like 3 seasons ago when Clayton was healthy and had full velocity both wanting to SO everyone at the plate.

Here we go again, over used in the Post CurseShaw on short rest game 1 VS Sale who probably had a tummy ache after lasting 4ip and eating some Bosstun Chowdaa......I hope both teams are into the pen in the 3rd.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sale lasted just four innings in Game 1 against the Astros. The next day, the Red Sox announced that he had been admitted to MGH with a stomach illness. He was released Monday and rejoined the team in Houston on Tuesday, but he was called off his Game 5 start because he wasn't at full strength. David Price pitched instead, leading Boston to a series-clinching win.

"Just had a stomach thing," Sale said. "It's not fun. It's definitely not fun watching your team. Got to do what you got to do, though. It happened, we dealt with it, and we're here now. We keep rolling."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Only five of our experts are picking the Dodgers to win. Benny Sieu/USA TODAY Sports

Red Sox: 20 votes
Dodgers: 5 votes

Red Sox in 7 (3 votes)
Red Sox in 6 (12 votes)
Red Sox in 5 (5 votes)

Dodgers in 7 (2 votes)
Dodgers in 6 (3 votes)

LAD - Underdog 9-2
$OX - Favorite 74-62

The last Dodgers vs Boston WS.......The 1916 World Series. The Boston Red Sox beat the Brooklyn Robins 4 games to 1.
After allowing an inside-the-park home run by Hy Myers, The Sox's 21-year-old Babe Ruth pitched thirteen shutout innings for the win 1-2 in Game 2. Brooklyn starter Sherry Smith also went the distance, pitching 13 1/3 innings until finally allowing a pinch-hit, walk-off single to Del Gainer in the 14th.
The Red Sox tied it in the bottom of the third, Ruth himself knocking in the run with a ground ball. The 14-inning game set a World Series record for longest game by innings a record that has been tied twice.
Game 1 of the 2015 World Series "Kansas City Royals W vs New York Mets L"
Game 3 of the 2005 World Series "Chicago White Sox W vs Houston Astros L"

Mark Buehrle confirms 'that' rumor from Game 3 of the 2005 World Series...There is this rumor that I drank a few beers before I got the save in our Game 3 victory. In short: Yeah, sure, O.K. fine, so I had a few. First off no one on the planet would’ve ever guessed that I was going to see the field in Game 3. I had started the previous game of the series and threw 100 pitches in that one. So, that being the case, you better believe that I was gonna do what came natural to me — grab a few beers during the early innings, kick back and enjoy the game like everyone else. 8)

Already a few sparks off a White Sox's page about a couple soon to be Stro's free agents.........Dallas Keuchel, Charlie Morton, Marwin Gonzalez, Tony Sipp, Brian McCann..Yeah, the White Sox don't need Brian McCann.

A 21 year old Babe Ruth Boston traded a few years later...I feel the curse coming on 102 years in the making...Game 7 would be on Halloween! King Diamond sings the Anthem!

The two franchises are meeting in the postseason for the first time in 102 years, 60 years after the Dodgers relocated to Los Angeles, 30 years since LA's last WS win. Half of 60 is 30! Manny Ramirez was traded to LA and returns as Machado! Manny just call me Ramirez Machado!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Clayton 2ip? Sale's 12SO's? "after kick off"

-----------------------------------------------------

ESPN: Red Sox light up Kershaw! "Then change it to" Red Sox, Dodgers show they're about more than aces as Kershaw-Sale duel fizzles! "So which is it?"

Me: Fucking please, Poor Defense and RP lose more ball games! Sox's played a better chess match.

They should give out free tacos every time Alex Wood gives up a HR. Robert's played himself.

Kill Sux....Pretty much how you expected it?

I heard they don't use the Cut Off in Cuba.

Puig "Watch me paste this pathetic palooka with a powerful paralyzing perfect pachydermus percussion pitch to HOME PLATE"

Dodger defense "I GOT IT, I GOT IT, I GOT IT, NO I GOT IT" "THUD" LA-D-4-MVP

It could have been worse, actually a decent sloppy game. The Sox's simply don't fuck around while the Dodgers are outclassed with no identity. I really hope Manny Machado ends up in Boston or NYY.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Man the Dodgers are outclassed and playing like shit. Last years team would have given them a much better run this team has no spark at all.
Roberts line up has me shaking my head and normally he's been a wizard with the Pen yet so far he's over thinking and it don't help that the Sox's are just coming through with RISP. Still think LA will get one but the way they're batting and fielding, it's the worst I've seen um play all season. Just sweep and get it over with if this is the way they are going to play.

I thought Chris Taylor was going to spin off the Plate more than once. GG's Keel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Game 3

Instead of making new posts in this ghost town I'm just going to update. If last years WS was one of the greatest back n forth series I've seen in ages this 2018 series is one of the worst..........Games are just ugly, they should give points for fouls and pop ups. I think LAD is rubbing off on Boston. NO SWEEP 4 U! I'm happy now, I'll be more if they take another or it would be nice to make it interesting but so far this WS has really been sloppy and boring.

7 HOURS & 20 Minutes 18 innings for 5 total runs? YAWN...There was some good pitching but come on....Swing away Merrill...MERRILL, SWING AWAY! Maybe it's me but It seems like the zone has expanded a tad.......ISH.

Eduardo Rodriguez's longest stint of the postseason has been 1.2 innings vs Rich Hill and it taken 6 just for someone to reach/get past 2nd.

The Dodgers are 54-0 when leading by four runs at any point this season, including the playoffs, according to ESPN Stats & Information. They are the only such team without a loss in that instance...Until tonight I bet!.....Good Games.
*edit again* Yup felt it coming. 54-1, nice uses of arms Roberts. Woods shouldn't even be on the roster..This Sox's are monsters with 2 outs and get fired up to score just after the other team does. No quit and all hustle..Great team. Machado is a hustling ankle stomper! Wonder if he'll get fine #2.

I'd like to see LA win tomorrow so Boston can win this ugly series at home.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

UtahRatt wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:00 pm Man the Dodgers are outclassed and playing like shit. Last years team would have given them a much better run this team has no spark at all.
Roberts line up has me shaking my head and normally he's been a wizard with the Pen yet so far he's over thinking and it don't help that the Sox's are just coming through with RISP. Still think LA will get one but the way they're batting and fielding, it's the worst I've seen um play all season. Just sweep and get it over with if this is the way they are going to play.

I thought Chris Taylor was going to spin off the Plate more than once. GG's Keel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------Game 3

Instead of making new posts in this ghost town I'm just going to update. If last years WS was one of the greatest back n forth series I've seen in ages this 2018 series is one of the worst..........Games are just ugly, they should give points for fouls and pop ups. I think LAD is rubbing off on Boston. NO SWEEP 4 U! I'm happy now, I'll be more if they take another or it would be nice to make it interesting but so far this WS has really been sloppy and boring.

7 HOURS & 20 Minutes 18 innings for 5 total runs? YAWN...There was some good pitching but come on....Swing away Merrill...MERRILL, SWING AWAY! Maybe it's me but It seems like the zone has expanded a tad.......ISH.

Eduardo Rodriguez's longest stint of the postseason has been 1.2 innings vs Rich Hill and it taken 6 just for someone to reach/get past 2nd.

The Dodgers are 54-0 when leading by four runs at any point this season, including the playoffs, according to ESPN Stats & Information. They are the only such team without a loss in that instance...Until tonight I bet!.....Good Games.
*edit again* Yup felt it coming. 54-1, nice uses of arms Roberts. Woods shouldn't even be on the roster..This Sox's are monsters with 2 outs and get fired up to score just after the other team does. No quit and all hustle..Great team. Machado is a hustling ankle stomper! Wonder if he'll get fine #2.

I'd like to see LA win tomorrow so Boston can win this ugly series at home.
Well, they didn't win it at home, but they still won it. Congrats, Boston!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Dodgers becoming Buffalo Bills 0-2...2 more to go
Won’t see Kershaw fraud jersey around for awhile
Kershaw playoff failures best thing about MLB..now over for months win!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

I'm glad Boston won it in LA. It should have been a sweep, if not for Kinsler.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Ahhh, it's such a nice day for a parade.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Godfuckingdamnit.

Willie McCovey passed away today.

6x All Star
1969 NL MVP
1959 NL ROY
3x NL HR leader
2x NL RBI leader
521 career HRs
1,555 career RBIs
One of two MLB players to hit a HR in 4 different decades.
LAPoet
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by LAPoet »

killeverything wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:58 pm Godfuckingdamnit.

Willie McCovey passed away today.

6x All Star
1969 NL MVP
1959 NL ROY
3x NL HR leader
2x NL RBI leader
521 career HRs
1,555 career RBIs
One of two MLB players to hit a HR in 4 different decades.
Sad day for not only us Giants fans, but all of baseball. Met him once a few years ago at a grocery store. Couldn't have been nicer.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kershaw needs to opt-out and torture some other team's fans in the playoffs.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 am Kershaw needs to opt-out and torture some other team's fans in the playoffs.
Maybe that $93 mil will be enough incentive for him to not choke in the playoffs for once?
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:18 pm
NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:41 am Kershaw needs to opt-out and torture some other team's fans in the playoffs.
Maybe that $93 mil will be enough incentive for him to not choke in the playoffs for once?
Maybe Atlanta could make the playoffs more often so Kershaw could slap them another 8IP 2H SHUTOUT this Season's NLDS or how about those 2 spankings VS The Braves in the 2013 ALDS = 1W, 13IP, 1ER 18SO? Atlanta = CHOKE in the POST! :mrgreen:

Funny how people forget Clayton winning GM1 in last years WS vs Da Stro's 7ip 3H 1ER 11SO then 4 scoreless RP in game 7...But remember being road like a horse from Mattingly and someone calling a Curve when everyone on the planet seen coming.

Yet......
David Price, take out this WS vs the sloppy LA whiffers...in his 11 year career every team Price played for lost every post season game he started. BTW, hats off I was rooting for Price to do well. Chris Sale didn't Win a game vs LA or Houston and is a loozer in the Post but both are top AS CY running #1 pitchers great in the regular season.

Kershaw won as many post season starts in 2018 as Price has in his career. Price + Sale, Post career start WINS = 3, Kershaw got 2W this post.......Makes that David Price 7 year $217M @ 31M a year sound like a bargain eh?

You should opt-out and become a Yankee fan. Blaming Kershaw is such the gangster thing to do.

If you ever watch his career and took out Mattingly, one pitch, give him an RP in another his numbers would tell a different story. I guess being road like a horse and taking your team 6 D-titles, 4 NLCS's and back to back WS isn't enough for the Nut Gallery.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

DP brought to you by...

Kershaw's Fan club!
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:27 pm DP brought to you by...

Kershaw's Fan club!
Although some fear that they’re potentially seeing a mid-2000s Pedro with Clayton, even with his diminished velocity, he’s still an ace.

The back problems have kept him to around 160ish IP the last three years, BUT with an ERA below 3, and an extremly good FIP. It’s hard not root for the guy.

Dave Roberts nearing contract extension in LA.

SF lands LAD’s GM Farhan Zaidi as their new head of baseball operations.

CC Sabbathia returning to MFY on one year deal.

Houston’s Lance McCuller’s out for 2019 with TJ surgery.

The speculation for Harper and Machado is full bore with Boras even hinting at Harper open to a possible position switch ( 1B ).

I guess you have to do that to rile up the big money suitors, since Cashman has implied the MFY isn’t interested.

You wanna get paid and the biggest whale ain’t biting. Womp womp
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Joe Mauer announces retirement.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Apparently, a deal to send Bryce Harper to the Astros at the trade deadline was axed last minute by Nats ownership.

Bryce later rejected their 10/300m deal.

They got nothing for Harper’s FA. Dumbasses.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Ohtani and Ronald Acuna Jr win AL & ML Rookie Of The Year.

Ryu only player to accept $17.5m qualifying offer.

Seattle trades C Mike Zunino and to Rays for OF Mallex Smith. There are a few other A players thrown in, but it’s doubtful any of them will make it to the bigs for more than a game or two.

It’s basically Zunino for Smith. Seeing how well Gordon filled in for Cano ( 5 years 120 million remaining ) at 2nd and Smith now the CF, it seems the 8 time All Star 2nd baseman is the odd man out.

James Paxton has also supposedly been made available in trade talks.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Bob Melvin and Brian Snickter AL & NL Managers Of The Year. I would have went with Craig Counsell for the NL personally.

Jacob DeGrom and Ian Snell win NL & AL Cy Young. Once again I had Verlander for the AL. Smell was impressive but his IP was 180. Come on.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

James Paxton traded to the MFY for top prospect LHP Justus Sheffield, RHP Erik Swanson, and OF Dom Thompson-Wilkinson (or something ).

I get that Seattle needed to go younger but the last time they have the Yanks a good pitcher they got Jesus Montero.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

McCann back to ATL. We missed him, to be sure, but how effective will he be for us now?
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Josh Donaldson to Braves 1/23m.

Mariners and MFY have discussed a potential Ellsbury for Cano swap.

Adrian Beltre announces retirement.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

killeverything wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 pmAdrian Beltre announces retirement.
During Beltre’s retirement press conference, Daniels told the pretty hilarious story of how the 39-year-old delivered the news.

“He started off, said, ‘Hey this is a tough decision for me, this is a tough one for me … I have decided to play,'” Daniels said, via Cut4. “He said, ‘I got an offer from the Dodgers and I am going to play for the Dodgers next year.'”

After Daniels stumbled over his words in response, Beltre just laughed and said he actually was retiring.

:lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

UtahRatt wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:34 am
killeverything wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:09 pmAdrian Beltre announces retirement.
During Beltre’s retirement press conference, Daniels told the pretty hilarious story of how the 39-year-old delivered the news.

“He started off, said, ‘Hey this is a tough decision for me, this is a tough one for me … I have decided to play,'” Daniels said, via Cut4. “He said, ‘I got an offer from the Dodgers and I am going to play for the Dodgers next year.'”

After Daniels stumbled over his words in response, Beltre just laughed and said he actually was retiring.

:lol:
I'm gonna miss the first ballot Hall Of Famer.

Seattle trades Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to Mets for Jay Bruce and some prospects.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo killed in a car crash in Venezuela.
Carlos Rivero was driving and survived.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.