The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by pieceofme » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 pm

Earl Skakel wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm
pieceofme wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Earl Skakel wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:14 pm

That's what I thought too until someone just posted a clip in slow mo that clearly shows Cain's head snapping back from a punch right before his knee gave out. The punch was kind of similar to the one Henderson landed on Fedor as it was barely viewable due to the camera angle. I'm pretty sure a half uppercut by Ngannou would be enough to knock out most.

Earl
True, but Cain's facial reaction was not that of being knocked out by a punch. I'm sure it hurt! But the knees blowing out was the big reason
Yeah it was probably a combo of the 2 for sure and with Cain's scrambling ability he might have gotten out of that mess but with Ngannou standing over him 1 clean shot and it's over. Cain looked frail to me, I know it's strange to say that about a 250 pound guy but he didn't look healthy to me.

Earl
I agree.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Earl Skakel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Earl Skakel » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 pm

pieceofme wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:32 pm
Earl Skakel wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 pm
pieceofme wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:02 pm

True, but Cain's facial reaction was not that of being knocked out by a punch. I'm sure it hurt! But the knees blowing out was the big reason
Yeah it was probably a combo of the 2 for sure and with Cain's scrambling ability he might have gotten out of that mess but with Ngannou standing over him 1 clean shot and it's over. Cain looked frail to me, I know it's strange to say that about a 250 pound guy but he didn't look healthy to me.

Earl
I agree.
And his skin looked kind of yellowish to me which could be any number of things. I can only imagine the germs these guys and girls pick up rolling around on a mat and in MMA gyms which given the volume of people who train there are rarely 100% clean.

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
dmbrocker
Platinum Artist
Location: Somewhere between Sunset Riders and the Sunset Strip

Post by dmbrocker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm

Any thoughts on last night's UFC 236 card? Some wild matches, I noticed. Anyone think Holloway vs. Poirier lived up to the hype?
holymountain wrote:Good ol' reliable Flake Mob. The retirement village for scabs too lowly for Dokken and BulletBoys.
mullet_head
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by mullet_head » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 am

dmbrocker wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm
Any thoughts on last night's UFC 236 card? Some wild matches, I noticed. Anyone think Holloway vs. Poirier lived up to the hype?
I sort of had hopes that this Israel guy would become the next Anderson Silva but seems like nope. Great fighter and all that but people couldn´t even touch Silva when he was in his prime unless he felt like taking some punches just to prove he could take them.

But what an awesome fight it was anyway.

The Holloway fight was good too, he had some moments where I thought he was going to take over, with Poirier seemingly tired. I would to see both rematch McGregor.

All in all, I liked UFC better 10+ years ago. And Pride was awesome too. I don't find these new guys as interesting.