The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Royal Dudeness
Headlining Clubs

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by Royal Dudeness »

ShearMagic wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 pm Patrik Laine scored his 100th and 101st goal against the Blackhawks. Now let's see if the Jets are going to trade him like they did with Selanne in the nineties which led to the original Jets to their downfall.
Arguably the smartest franchise in the NHL right now.

That team has drafted so god damn well it's insane. And they have to. No one wants to live in Winnipeg so good luck signing any free agents that played elsewhere before. Really hoping the Jets win the cup. I'm a Canucks fan but they'll never win the cup while i'm alive to see it. It just won't happen. And as much as I need some of them to do well for my pool, the Leafs better not fucking win the cup. I'd rather eat my shit, and everyone else's shit on this board instead of seeing them win the cup
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Royal Dudeness wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:49 pm
ShearMagic wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:26 pm Patrik Laine scored his 100th and 101st goal against the Blackhawks. Now let's see if the Jets are going to trade him like they did with Selanne in the nineties which led to the original Jets to their downfall.
I'd rather eat my shit, and everyone else's shit on this board instead of seeing them win the cup
Nice!
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Seattle's finally getting an NHL team, which is cool, but if Seattle really wanted to impress me, they'd bring the Sonics back to the NBA. That said, this should be interesting, especially with the conference realignment sending Arizona over to Central:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... QK7oQPRYvY
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

NHL Seattle SuperSonics
Payton and Kemp announce games
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

So Peter Chiarelli finally got shit canned in Edmonton. Small wonder. How about these doozies:

1st and 2nd rounder to Islanders for Griffin Reinhart. Those picks turned into Barzal and Beauvillier for the Isles.

Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome; Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner; Spooner waived to AHL this week.

Taylor Hall (last years MVP) for Adam Larsson.

Asset management like that will get you fired every time!
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

WOLF wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:49 pm So Peter Chiarelli finally got shit canned in Edmonton. Small wonder. How about these doozies:

1st and 2nd rounder to Islanders for Griffin Reinhart. Those picks turned into Barzal and Beauvillier for the Isles.

Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome; Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner; Spooner waived to AHL this week.

Taylor Hall (last years MVP) for Adam Larsson.

Asset management like that will get you fired every time!
When the Hall for Larsson move is the best trade out of those, it speaks volumes haha.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

1 more week until John Tavares comes back to Long Island.

Good luck, pussy. This could get ugly.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 am 1 more week until John Tavares comes back to Long Island.

Going to be cool when the Islanders knock out the Leafs in the playoffs. Then he can cry in his Maple Leaf bed sheets haha

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

so was that the slowest trade deadline day since the 70’s?
i bet the 6 hours of coverage on tsn and sportsnet was painful to sit through.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:04 pm
NeverSurrender wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:04 am 1 more week until John Tavares comes back to Long Island.

Going to be cool when the Islanders knock out the Leafs in the playoffs. Then he can cry in his Maple Leaf bed sheets haha
The Leafs won't make it through 2 rounds.

Fuck that liar Pajama Boy. I hope he never wins shit and those fans turn on him.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Best regular season NHL game I may have ever seen.

Pajama Boy got his welcome back party, and the Isles blew the Laffs out.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

NeverSurrender wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:49 am

Best regular season NHL game I may have ever seen.

Pajama Boy got his welcome back party, and the Isles blew the Laffs out.
Yeah, that was awesome haha.

ShearMagic
Forming a Band

Post by ShearMagic »

Great start for the playoffs. Pens, Bolts, Preds and Knights all lose Game 1.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Tampa already down by two, and Kucherov suspended for the next game!

The atmosphere at Nassau is incredible. Hope the Pens get swept!

fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:42 pm Tampa already down by two, and Kucherov suspended for the next game!

The atmosphere at Nassau is incredible. Hope the Pens get swept!
Kadri also going to be gone for a few at least for that ridiculous cross check. Gotta keep your head in the playoffs. Tampa was stupid to keep it pedal to the metal right til the end of the regular season. They clinched everything early and should have parked the big guns and coasted the last two weeks to rest up. Who cares about a sterling regular season record if you get bounced in round 1 of the playoffs. Columbus has them reeling.
Aerosmith87
Opening Act in Arenas

Post by Aerosmith87 »

Tampa/Pittsburg's shit performances have my bracket in early trouble!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

two black dudes fighting in a hockey game played in las vegas with the baby shark song playing in the background.
you wouldn’t have seen that 3 years ago.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Fuck the Penguins.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Bye bye, Tavares. Enjoy your golfing and watching the Isles in round 2.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Controversial finish, but the Sharks move on. See ya, Vegas!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

NHL wins every year..Vegas in the league and playoff quality every year...ha ha FU Canada
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Didn't mind watching the Tampa bay Rangers choke but just when I thought the Flames put something together....that bites.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

dmbrocker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 am Controversial finish, but the Sharks move on. See ya, Vegas!
HORRIBLE call and another black-eye for the league, it changed the entire outcome of the series. How they don't have video review for 5-minute majors is beyond me.
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

UtahRatt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 am Didn't mind watching the Tampa bay Rangers choke but just when I thought the Flames put something together....that bites.
You gotta shake your head at the Flames coaching though. Why they didn't start Rittich for at least one game is beyond me. You have to try something else when things aren't working, regardless of how well Smith played. No matter how you slice it, he lost 4 games in a row. Rittich seems good at sparking the team when needed. I would have started him game 3 for sure, I knew they were fucked after that loss, and yet they still played Smith the next two starts. Puzzling to me.
EatTheGlass
Headlining Clubs

Post by EatTheGlass »

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

EatTheGlass wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 am
dmbrocker wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:35 am Controversial finish, but the Sharks move on. See ya, Vegas!
HORRIBLE call and another black-eye for the league, it changed the entire outcome of the series. How they don't have video review for 5-minute majors is beyond me.
Agreed it was a bad call... even a really bad call... but bad calls happen all the time. Vegas is out because they allowed 4 goals on a 5 minute power play, which is pretty much unheard of. Vegas’ PK is to blame as well.
fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

WOLF wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:19 am
EatTheGlass wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 am
Agreed it was a bad call... even a really bad call... but bad calls happen all the time. Vegas is out because they allowed 4 goals on a 5 minute power play, which is pretty much unheard of. Vegas’ PK is to blame as well.
Of course nobody thought it would end up like that but a really stupid call. The refs must have gone "Oh Shit" after the goal barrage. Terrible ending to a good series. The NHL is getting ridiculous with all the goal challenges, time-outs etc. It really affects the flow of the game and the outcomes. I don't recall any of the other major sports having so many rule changes, playoff format and bracket changes etc. It gets frustrating and annoying for fans which isn't helping grow the sport. And the playoffs go on on way way too long. Even In Canada, lots of people don't really care what happens after the first round, especially if there's no Canadian team, because you get out of hockey mode when the warm weather finally comes. I'd like to see Columbus or Carolina go all the way but these playoffs went from compelling to meh......in one round for me.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

fret123 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:33 am
UtahRatt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:04 am Didn't mind watching the Tampa bay Rangers choke but just when I thought the Flames put something together....that bites.
You gotta shake your head at the Flames coaching though. Why they didn't start Rittich for at least one game is beyond me. You have to try something else when things aren't working, regardless of how well Smith played. No matter how you slice it, he lost 4 games in a row. Rittich seems good at sparking the team when needed. I would have started him game 3 for sure, I knew they were fucked after that loss, and yet they still played Smith the next two starts. Puzzling to me.
Probably because Rittich was out with a knee injury and not fully healthy. Smith played well. Certainly can understand why they didn't throw an injured goaltender out there.

fret123
Headlining Clubs

Post by fret123 »

pieceofme wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:10 am
Probably because Rittich was out with a knee injury and not fully healthy. Smith played well. Certainly can understand why they didn't throw an injured goaltender out there.

He was dressed and ready for every game. They just chose not to use him, which was a mistake. I don't think the Flames called anyone up from the minors to back up Smith, unless I'm mistaken.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

and that's why you're not running a hockey team. replacing the best guy on the ice doesn't shake things up for the positive. over 100 shots against in the last 2 games. you think replacing the guy that kept them in those games would have made them alow less shots and scored more goals? call calgary for what they were. an overacheving team in a weak division.