The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by UtahRatt »

Crazy Levi wrote:You know how I feel about this stuff...players' careers are short, they take all the risks and do all the work, and as far as I'm concerned they can do whatever they want to get as much money as possible. Sometimes it backfires, I don't think it worked out for Marshawn.

Ya we've talked about this subject more days then games Romo and Dez will miss this season.

Your logic makes no fucking CENTS. There's 52 other players on the team! That money has to come from somewhere! All it does is fuck another player who makes less money and takes the same risk. So since Kam wanted more cash, another player taking the same risks is losing money or getting cut too another team.

Why are players so special?
If you sign a contract you should uphold it just like anyone else on the planet. If a guy signs a contract to fix your roof then after tearing it off he decides not to finish until you pay him more are you fine with that? It's a dangerous job.

I would be ok with an arbitration panel like MLB, that would actually work better for the team, fans and the money hungry over paid players.

I hate that the entire team suffers when a players who sign a contract wants to renegotiate half way in. The team plans around his salary, fills in holes, signs other players to build a winning team then has to turn around, trim money and fuck other players to get his extra million.

Still, Football players take less risk of injury then most occupations including driving a car all while having a job where you can be a felon, fail drug tests, beat your wife and kids, get DWI's and still make millions.....Fuck money players, renegotiation's and agents. They do nothing but hurt your teams chance of winning.

When we get right down to it.
Taking risks, fucking please.......They're not roofers, loggers, farmers or fisherman, I didn't see 60 players to 300 die on the job last year, every year. They're not construction workers making $15 an hour.

Football dangerous, taking risks? Bout as much as dodgeball.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:
Machado wrote:Sean Lee named NFC defensive player of the week
14 tackles & 1 INT vs Eagles
Nobody gives a fuck.

Romo and Bryant are out. cowboys are finished at 2-0.

After Sean Lee being named the NFC's best bench warmer for the last two years is an achievement.
Since when does suffering a season ending injury equate to being a bench warmer? You idiot.
A bench warmer is a physically able player who is not good enough to earn playing time.
A season ending injury is not quite the same.

Get a clue already. Stop posting nonsense like this for once.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Since when does suffering a season ending injury equate to being a bench warmer? You idiot.
A bench warmer is a physically able player who is not good enough to earn playing time.
A season ending injury is not quite the same.

Get a clue already. Stop posting nonsense like this for once.
The only reason you can't take a joke is because your lips are wrapped around LeezNuts.

Get over it and suck LeezNuts.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Gritt wrote:I've had time to cool off.

Levi, frustration boiled over. I can't quit on my team. I think I wrote that right after the Jones fumble. As for sucking, yes, I knew this year would suck. I picked them to go 2-14. I got some false hope after last week and really thought they were going to make a statement. They made a statement for sure.
A long shot....I have a strange twilight zone feeling RG will last longer then Gruden. I'm surprised he's a head coach to begin with.

I've said Washington will start 3 QB's by Thanksgiving. Unless Cousins suddenly turns into superman I don't see Snyder tossing in the towel on his love child RGIII. RG is in Gruden's dog house but all it's going to take is a couple more bad games or an injury before RG is activated and Colt McCoy isn't going to hold a starting job unless it's the practice squad.
The Skins have enough players and some promise to surprise a team or two like they did with the Rams, they could win 4. Sadly, I think Gruden is one of the worst coaches in the league and I thought the Raiders had it bad with Jack Derrr Rio.
---------------

"Kirk Cousins and RG3 now each have 23 career interceptions. RG3 has thrown almost 600 more passes.
Cousins has thrown more career interceptions than touchdowns, while Griffin at least has 40 touchdown passes and 8,097 yards — roughly 4,500 more than Cousins — to show for his 23 career interceptions."

-----------

Gruden saying there's no controversy gives him no options if Cousins fails and his stubbornness will make him look even dumber. Gruden is a bone head, the less he talks to the press the better. If Cousins flops in the next few weeks Colt is going to leave the door open for RG's one last dance.
Gruden can put RG on the inactive list all he wants but it's not going to last long having 2 shitty QB's in the NFL before Gruden is forced to stuff him on the chart. I feel like he's still sending RG and Snyder a message and it's all going to blow up in his face.

It all comes down to Cousins ability to preform over the next few weeks. I think he sucks, give him 2 flops in a row and you'll see RG's name pop up.
The negative side, Cousins with a running game could win a couple thus spoiling RG's last shot.
With Cousins performance so far I think Washington has to keep RG around, at least for a few more weeks.

I haven't read up on all the current news and goings ons....Have the Skins brought in another QB? Until they start trying out or add another RG's staying. I'm actually rooting for RG and think he's the best QB they have.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

In 2008, during his stories arena league coaching career, Gruden said "there's no qb controversy" with the Orlando predators.

Three weeks later he'd benched his qb and there was a new starter.

Gruden is a clown and hopefully the last vestige of Bruce Allen's cronyism. The new gm will pick the new coach and I think that's when things will really start to cook.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

ATTENTION:

Can anybody recommend a few online sites where I can stream the
NFL games today?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:ATTENTION:

NFL games today?
I got nothing.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:ATTENTION:

NFL games today?
I got nothing.
thanks a lot, LOL!
to make a long story short, i am off site today so i don't have access to
my Sunday Ticket on Direct TV or the app.
I have my laptop and am trying to find a safe site where I can stream
the NFL games today
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

First row sports works ok.

You have to wade through dozens of pop up ads and shit but once you get through it you are ok.

Or you'll get a virus. Good luck either way.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Dallas played a great 1st half, but the 2nd half was awful.
ATL has a lot of weapons and that RB they have is very good. No wonder
they are undefeated to date.

Weeden made one mistake and that turned into 7 points for ATL. Other than that he played well. A lot better than I anticipated.
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Fuck, this Dolphin side is poor. Show some balls, FFS. Fuckin Philbin.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Think it's time for Philbin to get the boot.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Roethlisberger's out with a knee injury!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 19229.html
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Dallas played a great 1st half, but the 2nd half was awful.
ATL has a lot of weapons and that RB they have is very good. No wonder
they are undefeated to date.

Weeden made one mistake and that turned into 7 points for ATL. Other than that he played well. A lot better than I anticipated.

Dallas 28 Atlanta 39

Dallas got spanked but Weeden looked good without pressure. The Giants and Eagles gave Atlanta better games, the Falcons defense is suspect and can't get to the QB.
Unless the Falcons make some adjustments they better plan on out scoring the other team. Their offense is dialed in, Jones is on fire. Atlanta has had to come back in all 3 of their wins this year. Then again, like the Panthers, they haven't played anyone.

------------------------

Niners 7 Cards 47
Colon Kaepernick - 9/19 67yds 0td's 4int's......CKIII....Good Games.
Remember a couple years ago all they'd talk about is Kapperdick, his stock has fallen faster then Enron.

Carson Palmer just keeps on ticking and ticking.

--------------------------

Any news on Ben Rapesthlisberger? That's gonna hurt, Vick ain't gonna hold up the team.
----------------------------

Man the Bears suck
Man the Niners suck
Man the Fish suck
Man the Saints suck
Man the Vikings............Wait....How are they winning again? Peterson put a whooping on the Chargers.

-------------------------------------------
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

UtahRatt wrote:Dallas 28 Atlanta 39

Dallas got spanked but Weeden looked good without pressure. The Giants and Eagles gave Atlanta better games, the Falcons defense is suspect and can't get to the QB.
Unless the Falcons make some adjustments they better plan on out scoring the other team. Their offense is dialed in, Jones is on fire. Atlanta has had to come back in all 3 of their wins this year. Then again, like the Panthers, they haven't played anyone.
I'm just glad my boys are undefeated right now. The whole NFC South just plain sucked last season and the Panthers got in the playoffs on a losing record. Hopefully that's changed...
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

I would say at this point the Cardinals and Patriots are the class of the league. Even if they never admit it publicly, the Colts have to know they made the wrong choice on their coach. They should have kept Arians and let Pagano go.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

The Chargers played one of the worst games I've ever seen them play, today. When a play didn't work, it was like they had to try it again 5 times, just to make sure. Fucking disgraceful.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Mojo wrote:The Chargers played one of the worst games I've ever seen them play, today. When a play didn't work, it was like they had to try it again 5 times, just to make sure. Fucking disgraceful.
Two things I can't believe in the AFC West is...How dead Peyton Manning's arm looks and how bad the Chargers are playing. Rivers isn't up to par and the D is giving up a lot of points.

I'd say the Chiefs could take the division but they have a rough schedule. If they would have beat Denver last week the division would be a mess, up for grabs....Now the Chiefs face the Packers and Beagles in the next two weeks while the Bolt's look like shit and the Raiders are not going to win 8 games let alone 6.
The Raiders have scored the most points in the AFC West.....And Given up the most......

-----------------------------------

When did Matthew Stafford, Andrew Luck and Philip Rivers turn into Drew Stanton, Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Schaub? It's only 3 games but they've only won 2 games between the three.

Stafford = 5INTs and 1 Fumble
Luck = 7INT's and 1 Fumble
Rivers = 4INT's and 2 Funbles

Luck had 2 picks today that easily could have been 4 if it wasn't for his WR's. His throws were scud fucking missiles, launching footballs in all directions hoping they'll get caught.

I've got no clue what's wrong with the Stafford or Rivers. How many weapons does Stafford need.
------------------------------------

Winless teams:
Ravens
Saints
Lions
Bears

Undefeated teams:
Patriots
Beagles
Broncos
Cardinals
Panthers
Falcons
Packers
Gritt

Post by Gritt »

Manning's arm actually looked like it had some life last night. I had written him off but he was pretty good.

The chargers are stupid. They took a running back in the first round. They traded up to get him. They get him no touches. Apparently they didn't watch him in college. The kid is a workhorse. Give him the ball and let him do his thing. I hate when teams outsmart themselves.
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

I'm just glad that Tom Brady is allowed to now use fully inflated footballs.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'm rooting for whichever team's victory will not result in a gigantic Chiefs logo being posted here.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

WTF wrote:I'm just glad that Tom Brady is allowed to now use fully inflated footballs.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
Pierce Foreskin
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

WTF wrote:I'm just glad that Tom Brady is allowed to now use fully inflated footballs.

I know, it has totally killed his game.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Panthers trade 6th round draft pick for Jerad Allen from Chicago.. I think this is a good move myself. Need some pass rushing in a bad way.
Peterbilt
Headlining Clubs

Post by Peterbilt »

Yeah, I'm not gonna watch the 2nd half. Piss poor performance, and I have to be at work at 8am. So, looks like those of you viewing this web site on a 12" 4:3 monitor will get your wish. No logo to bitch about (even though the reality is, the logo isn't big).
WTF

Post by WTF »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:

I know, it has totally killed his game.
I know it's early in the season, but even his mid-to-longer passing seems to be better than normal so far.
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Ughhh...

Brandon Weeden..

WHAT IN THE FUCK....

Usual suck ass defense.

WHAT THE FUCK.

How come it seems that every other fucking team in the NFL, well, almost, can draft rooks that come out and just start balling.. Hasn't happened in Dallas in years. lol..

Fuck. Losing weekends suck.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Quit your fuckin crying! You got the Saints Sunday if you can't win that game by all means cry me a river.

I have to watch my team be QB'd by man's best friend tomorrow so STFU!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

eddie lee roth wrote:Quit your fuckin crying! You got the Saints Sunday if you can't win that game by all means cry me a river.

I have to watch my team be QB'd by man's best friend tomorrow so STFU!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P
Hahahaa.. Not crying, just ughhh... Weeden is just gutless. Clueless...

And, LOL, I doubt Dallas wins..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Ughhh...

Brandon Weeden..

WHAT IN THE FUCK....

Usual suck ass defense.

WHAT THE FUCK.

How come it seems that every other fucking team in the NFL, well, almost, can draft rooks that come out and just start balling.. Hasn't happened in Dallas in years. lol..

Fuck. Losing weekends suck.
What are you talking about? Name 1 NFL team that has a very good backup QB on the roster? Go ahead I dare you!

Weeden is the man now and if the guy can win 1/2 the games he starts, I will be pleased with that accomplishment.

As for complaining about the team not drafting rookies that come and just start balling........once again that is very very rare and cannot happen to every single team.