Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by JakeYonkel »

Unnamed sources tell me Selena Roberts sucks dick for drug money.

Sorry, I can't tell you who said it. Journalistic integrity.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:Unnamed sources tell me Selena Roberts sucks dick for drug money.

Sorry, I can't tell you who said it. Journalistic integrity.

She has put herself in a position where the allegations are very severe, while she can "hide" behind her integrity.

Books like this are written to make money!!!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

selena roberts on WFAN with
Boomer & Craig

http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.p ... Id=3685818
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Every commentator I've heard talking about this book has gone out of their way to back up Selena Robert's credibility.

The baseball players are no different than any other union, they aren't going to say jack shit on the record or as a named source. Fuck, some of the biggest names in the game lied through their teeth UNDER OATH IN FRONT OF A CONGRESSIONAL SUBCOMMITTEE. You get enough unnamed sources corroborating the same thing, it becomes the old adage: if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...you know the rest. People have been convicted of murder on circumstantial evidence. Like Canseco's books, I believe every word of her allegations. Everyone called Jose a rat, but there weren't that many denials, especially when that list came out.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off is the pitch tipping allegations. If that has an ounce of truth, Selig HAS to do something.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
The thing that REALLY pisses me off is the pitch tipping allegations. If that has an ounce of truth, Selig HAS to do something.

If you listen to the WFAN interview, the tipping allegations is a topic that is covered.
I have not read this myself, but Showalter has stated that before he managed the rangers, Alex sometimes would "call pitches" or "suggest pitches" to be thrown. He was given authority to do that.

Does that mean he was tipping pitches or does that mean the other team was smart enough to know when Alex would call for a pitch and know what the pitch was?

Just something to think about
WhiteHouseSubsAC

I also heard that, but I think the original (and more damning) allegation is that late in games that were pretty much decided, Arod would tip off opposing batters to what was coming in exchange for the same kind of information. Ostensibly it was to pad the statistics. Imagine you're a pitcher and one of your position guys is selling you out for his stats at the expense of yours. I'd be beside myself.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I also heard that, but I think the original (and more damning) allegation is that late in games that were pretty much decided, Arod would tip off opposing batters to what was coming in exchange for the same kind of information. Ostensibly it was to pad the statistics. Imagine you're a pitcher and one of your position guys is selling you out for his stats at the expense of yours. I'd be beside myself.
Maybe, that's one of the reasons all his former teamates hated him, and were glad to see him go. I heard that a lot with Texas.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

killeverything wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:I also heard that, but I think the original (and more damning) allegation is that late in games that were pretty much decided, Arod would tip off opposing batters to what was coming in exchange for the same kind of information. Ostensibly it was to pad the statistics. Imagine you're a pitcher and one of your position guys is selling you out for his stats at the expense of yours. I'd be beside myself.
Maybe, that's one of the reasons all his former teamates hated him, and were glad to see him go. I heard that a lot with Texas.

It takes two players to be involved in that kind of arrangement. Someone please explain to me why Arod is the only one being raked across the coals...
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Because he's the only one implicated so far.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:
killeverything wrote:

It takes two players to be involved in that kind of arrangement. Someone please explain to me why Arod is the only one being raked across the coals...
Very simple answer. He signed the biggest contract in the history of baseball.
He is the highest paid player in baseball and now plays in
NY. I mean, has played in NY since '04.

Anything and everything he does is reported.
The guy is a celeb and there is no way around that.
GrayAntiMatter
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by GrayAntiMatter »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Because he's the only one implicated so far.

HOW CAN YOU EVEN HAVE THE ACCUSATION WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER PLAYERS NAME?!?!?!?
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:

It's a player to be named later.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

GrayAntiMatter wrote:

In the investigations ( I believe I saw it on MLBN ), they couldn't find any evidence of Aroid tipping pitches.

Of course, they were asking Tom Hicks and his former/current coaching staffs. I know that MLB is doing an investigation. Regardless unless Aroid or one of the players involved comes clean. It's going to be damn near impossible to prove.
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

Dodgers stay perfect at home with win over D-backs

LOS ANGELES -- Things are going so well for the Dodgers in their ballpark, they set a National League record for home wins from the start of a season despite going 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position and hitting into a triple play.

Los Angeles became the first NL club since 1900 to win its first 11 home games, beating the Arizona Diamondbacks 7-2 Monday night with a homer and three RBIs from Manny Ramirez.

The Dodgers are a big league-best 19-8 overall, their best start since Tommy Lasorda's 1983 club opened 20-7.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290504119
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:
GrayAntiMatter wrote:

In the investigations ( I believe I saw it on MLBN ), they couldn't find any evidence of Aroid tipping pitches.

Of course, they were asking Tom Hicks and his former/current coaching staffs. I know that MLB is doing an investigation. Regardless unless Aroid or one of the players involved comes clean. It's going to be damn near impossible to prove.

Last night on the ESPN telecase of the Yankees vs sox, Orel Hersheiser had some great insight into the A-Rod tipping pitches story.
He said that A-Rod wanted to be involved as much as possible to help the very bad pitching staff the rangers had.
So much so that he would suggest or try to call pitches, all to help out the pitcher.
Orel said that he believed A-Rod would "sometimes" do a poor job at calling the pitches, meaning it was sometimes easy for the opponent to understand what he was calling.
Makes sense to me!!!!

If the SS is out there calling pitches and making it somewhat obvious to what is being called, could that be "tipping pitches"??

Just something to think about.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Maybe he did it. Maybe he's a disgrace to the game.

...orrrrrrr, maybe Roberts is just making shit up, knowing she can hide behind anonymous sources anyway.

There will be plenty of trolls that will buy the book.

I wrote on the LoHud Yankees Blog yesterday, I bought Torre's book because I like reading about that era of the Yankees. It's what I grew up with. I've read pretty much every book that's been written about them from 96-present.

However, I have no interest in reading this shit. I don't care what A-Rod does off the field. I don't care if he fucks Madonna, if he tans in Central Park, if he's a shitty tipper at Hooters, if he flosses twice a week, or if he prefers boxers or briefs.

And I honestly don't see why anybody DOES give a shit. The 'meat' of this book has been leaked already anyway. Nothing else in it will shock you. I don't see why anybody would waste their cash on this whore.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

... and let me just follow that up by offering the disclaimer that I am hardly an A-Rod fan. I want him to be successful because he plays for the Yankees, but by and large the guy is a clown.

If this book were written about any other player, Red Sox included, I wouldn't give a shit. I don't care what these guys do off the field.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:... and let me just follow that up by offering the disclaimer that I am hardly an A-Rod fan. I want him to be successful because he plays for the Yankees, but by and large the guy is a clown.

If this book were written about any other player, Red Sox included, I wouldn't give a shit. I don't care what these guys do off the field.

Amen. I don't give a shit either what a player does of the field. Minus commiting a violent crime, I could care less.
This era seems to forget that HALL OF FAME players that were on the field as much as 80 years ago were hardly saints. The stories are legendary.
Not much has changed since. The 2 major change is players today make a lot more $$$ and the media DOES NOT keep as many secrets to themselves.

killeverything

Post by killeverything »

JakeYonkel wrote:... and let me just follow that up by offering the disclaimer that I am hardly an A-Rod fan. I want him to be successful because he plays for the Yankees, but by and large the guy is a clown.

I understand your point. I hope this shit fails miserably for Ms. Roberts. It's making MLB the fucking NBA.

I can't stand Arod, but people stating "why do people care about this guy?" I think it's pretty apparent to why. This is from Abraham's blog re: Girardi.

"I get tired of answering these questions. I don’t understand why someone would write a book like this anyway. You know what, some people may not care to hear that, but I don’t understand it."

Joe, if you can figure out why Arod is making 30m a year to play baseball, you'll see why people care to know about him.

I guess there is a little bit of evidence in blowout games, with middle IFer's batting AVG. spikes. I just think it's too much of a SSS to do anything. For people shocked about Arod and cheating or whatever. Remember this from Moneyball? It's not the first time he's tried to get an edge.

“Feiny doesn’t say anything. He’s busy cutting tape of the Texas Rangers, the A’s next opponent. On his screen Alex Rodriguez waits for a pitch. “He’s cheating,” says Hatty. Feiny looks up; he’s being drawn in by Hatteberg’s desire for conversation. “Look at that,” says Hayy. We all look up at the freeze-frame of A-Rod on Feiny’s screen. Sure enough, just before the pitch comes to the plate, A-Rod, moving nothing but his eyeballs, galaces back to see where the catcher behind him is set up.

“I used to hate it when I caught when guys did that,” says Hatty. “I’d go, ‘Dude, you’re gonna get hit.’”

“Anyone else but A-Rod,” agrees Feiny, “and he gets drilled.”

That shit is more damning than Selena.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Half the NFL has been involved in weapons charges and late-night incidents at night clubs. And nobody even cares.

But A-Rod was a shitty tipper and somebody's going to write a book about it.

Give me a fucking break.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:Half the NFL has been involved in weapons charges and late-night incidents at night clubs. And nobody even cares.

But A-Rod was a shitty tipper and somebody's going to write a book about it.

Give me a fucking break.
I have noticed from time to time that A-Rod will take a peak to see where the catcher is setting up.
Let me guess, he is NOT the only MLB Player do ever do that.
He has probably been beaned for doing that more than once, but that's his choice. Again, players will do that sometimes to get an advantage.

Just last night in the Yankees game, Girardi had some words with the sox 1st base coach. Girardi felt like the coach was stealing signs/location.
Will a book be written about this coach? I know I am being silly, but we all get the point.

A-Rod is a lightning rod because he is the highest paid player in the game today, because he signed the largest contract in the history of the game, because he was destined to break the home-run record, etc.....
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Posada goes on the 15-day DL.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Facedown wrote:Posada goes on the 15-day DL.
When it rains, it pours.

S.O.B.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Machado wrote:S.O.B.
I figured Machado would be crying over this.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

JakeYonkel wrote:
Machado wrote:S.O.B.
I figured Machado would be crying over this.

Crying! There is no crying in baseball. Don't you know that... :lol:
Posada is a big part of this team. He has been hitting well.
Grade 2 hamstring strain. He could be out of action for 3 weeks or maybe 5,,,,S.O.B.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:
Facedown wrote:Posada goes on the 15-day DL.
When it rains, it pours.

S.O.B.
I saw that this morning, since I have Dumbo on my Fantasy roster. I was about to make a joke about how, this is the begining of the Kevin Cash era with his 38 OPS+ derived over 557 plate appearances.

But alas I saw this:

UPDATE, 3:46 p.m. Francisco Cervelli was called up from Double-A Trenton.

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

Same difference I guess.

I'm watching the Seattle game right now, they've been playing some great ball to start the season. The best bad team, or worst good team....whichever you like.

The M's continued to dominate their divisional foes, with Russell Branyan (SLG of almost .700 and Franklin Gutierrez (BA of exactly .500) pacing an offense that hadn't been setting the world on fire before this week. Series wins over LAA and OAK meant that Seattle ran their record against the A.L. West this year to 9-3. That means Seattle is 6 games over .500 against the West and 1 game under .500 against everyone else, which gives you a pretty good idea of the quality of ball being played out west this year. But somebody has to win the division, and if Seattle can keep working it out on the other intra-division mediocrities, they'll be in with a chance.

* I posted the Seattle run down from another site.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

There was a brief mention on Dan Patrick this morning about a bunch of people who left the Yankee game last night not being allowed back in when the game got underway...is someone making a stink about it? I can't find anything else on it.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I found this online for your viewing pleasure

Lots of e-mails today from fans who were part of a ruckus outside the Stadium when apparently some team employees told people the game was called. When folks left and tried to get back in, they were denied entrance.

Some people were arrested and from I understand, it was very tense.

I was in the press box, so my knowledge about this is limited to what people have communicated via e-mail. Unfortunately, it’s not a surprise. I know from dealing with them on a daily basis that the Yankees have some security people who are very aggressive.

I would say this, however. When there is a rain delay, do not believe anything you’re told by anybody until you see an announcement on the scoreboard or hear an announcement over the public address system. That is the only valid information.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

These are the same fucking people that are being sued for throwing a guy out of the Stadium for trying to leave his seat, to use the restroom during 'God Bless America.'

I guess they roughed him up a little too. I'll try to find a link for the story and post it later.

It's shocking they wouldn't let them back in. Prior to the rain delay the game wasn't sold out.

*edit*

Here we go:

April 16 (Bloomberg) -- The New York Yankees and the city’s police department were sued by a Boston Red Sox fan who said he was ejected from Yankee Stadium in August because he tried to use the restroom during the singing of “God Bless America.”

Bradford Campeau-Laurion, a 30-year-old resident of Astoria, Queens, said he was the victim of religious and political discrimination. The New York Civil Liberties Union sued yesterday on his behalf in federal court in Manhattan.

“New York’s finest have no business arresting someone for trying to go to the bathroom at a politically incorrect moment,” Donna Lieberman, executive director of the civil- liberties group, said in a statement.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... refer=home
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Machado wrote:I found this online for your viewing pleasure

Lots of e-mails today from fans who were part of a ruckus outside the Stadium when apparently some team employees told people the game was called.

Can you describe the ruckus?