The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by Luminiferous »

poizond13 wrote:I don't troll

:lol:
sin
Headlining Clubs

Post by sin »

Enough p-13 bashing in here. We can get enough of that on the origninal gossip board. Now on to more important questions like what coach is dumber for sticking by a shitty QB. Rex Ryan or Pete Carroll. And how is it possible to lose 3 games when you Have Stafford, Johnson and Schwartz as a coach.
scarred but smarter
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

is Romo wearing a bra?

Victoria's Secret store in Texas Stadium now!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

5 INTs. Nice job Tony.
Rainbow Bright
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Rainbow Bright »

Ew. That stadium is roach infested. One even popped out on the field during the game.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

bane wrote:5 INTs. Nice job Tony.

That was beautiful. Keep up the good work Tony Homo.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

Luminiferous wrote:
poizond13 wrote:I don't troll

:lol:
Even his fuckin' sig is trollin'.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
demolition23
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by demolition23 »

NeverSurrender wrote:Image

Man, as bad as he was, those first two intercepts were totally on the receivers, and the third arguably partly on his O-line. That's a harsh way to have to play QB.
Moggio wrote:You see, the problem with you is that you act like I have no credibility or something.
PhoenixFlames wrote:AVATAR made 2.7 billion which (maths) is close to 3 x million millions!!!!!!
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

Not a Cowboys fan at all, but I do feel for Tony Romo. The guy genuinely wants to win and puts in all the work and effort that you could ask for. When firing on all cylinders, he's one of the best in the game. He played terrible tonight but he had a lot of help in that aspect as well.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

That didn't break my heart.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

demolition23 wrote:

Man, as bad as he was, those first two intercepts were totally on the receivers, and the third arguably partly on his O-line. That's a harsh way to have to play QB.

Ehhh, I usually stick up for Romo, and he gets a bad rap, but he looked like shit last night.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

That's as close to a perfect second half as a team could play last night.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

poizond13 wrote:Not a Cowboys fan at all, but I do feel for Tony Romo. The guy genuinely wants to win and puts in all the work and effort that you could ask for.
He's a Cowboy so fuck him. I don't feel bad for Cowboys.

I have seen him play several times - in person - and I thought he's a VERY good QB. Good reads, keeps the plays going, smart decisions. But he's got a bit of that Cutler thing going on. When stuff isn't going his way, he whines at his receivers, he bitches at his linemen...I wonder how far you can go with that kind of attitude.

"Wanting to win" is a nice quality but it doesn't really mean much. Delusional Redskins fans have been saying "Dan Snyder wants to win!" for years.

Romo has the tools but I - and I'm sure Cowboys fans - are starting to wonder if the ship might be about to sail on the Romo era. I thought that this was going to be the year that he became an elite QB and lead the Cowboys deep into the playoffs. Certainly a prospect I was dreading.

When you get outplayed and outclassed by Cutler - who manages to whip you even during one of his own trademark hissy fits - you gotta wonder.

And at home? The natives have got to be getting restless down in Dallas.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Cutler looked extremely comfortable last night. He made great throws with bad mechanics. It was a bizarro Cutler performance.

$tevil
WTF
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WTF »

What's the story with this GIF? Cutler a little upset with the offensive coordinator?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

WTF wrote:
What's the story with this GIF? Cutler a little upset with the offensive coordinator?
Find the audio of his post game. I can't remember a star in this town as easy to dislike as Cutler. There is no way to justify that behavior.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

He didn't pull shit like that with Shanahan did he?
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Crazy Levi wrote:He didn't pull shit like that with Shanahan did he?
I don't think crazy eyes mike would tolerate that. You don't walk away from your boss. Cutler is a dick. Seriously, the only other star I can think of that was as bad as cutler in this town was Dave Kingman.

$tevil
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Former Bear Tommie Harris arrested down the street from my house last night for taking a leak outiside a bar.

$tevil
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

I'll get this out of the way.
Bad game all the way around last night.
Romo threw 5 int's, but 3 of them were not his fault. The final two were a direct result of taking big chances because the deficit was so high.
Both Dez and Ogletree need to put in a lot of extra work in practice because the throws Romo made could not be any better.
Weak performance from those 2 WR's.
The running game was non existent. That O-Line also needs to put in a lot of extra work in practice in order to gel and gain some chemistry.

Dallas D was not much of a factor. They were put in bad spots due to the turnovers, but other than Sean Lee and Claiborne, who else showed up to play all 4 quarters?

I hope Dallas can use the upcoming bye week to their advantage because
the next few games are not going to be easy.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:I'll get this out of the way.
Romo threw 5 int's, but 3 of them were not his fault. The final two were a direct result of taking big chances because the deficit was so high.
Both Dez and Ogletree need to put in a lot of extra work in practice because the throws Romo made could not be any better.
The running game was non existent. That O-Line also needs to put in a lot of extra work in practice in order to gel and gain some chemistry.

Dallas D was not much of a factor. They were put in bad spots due to the turnovers, but other than Sean Lee and Claiborne, who else showed up to play all 4 quarters?

And the Bears were good. Can't believe how well that turd Jamarcus blocked the perennial pro bowler D'Marcus last night.

$tevil
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

People are already talking bust in Buffalo when it comes to Mario Williams.

Haven been brutalized by Albert Hayensworth and Dana Stubblefield in DC I saw this shit coming from a mile away. You can't invest that kind of cash in a D-lineman, it makes no fucking sense in the salary cap era.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:I'll get this out of the way.

And the Bears were good. Can't believe how well that turd Jamarcus blocked the perennial pro bowler D'Marcus last night.
The Bears were good and they were prepared to play the game.
Their level of intensity was off the charts. Dallas was unable to match
that intensity all game.

Ware had the 1 sack and forced fumble, but Dallas turned the ball over on the next play + a TD, so any momentum gained from that fumble was lost.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

johnk5150 wrote:
WTF wrote:
Find the audio of his post game. I can't remember a star in this town as easy to dislike as Cutler. There is no way to justify that behavior.
The funniest part is Mike Tice is a players coach and one of the nicest guys in the NFL. He got fired from the Vikes for being too nice to the players. He's also an underrated offensive mind. The guy knows his shit. Cutler is a dick.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
WTF wrote:
Jon Gruden said he liked the fire from Cutler and did not criticize his behavior on the bench.
I was certain Gruden was going to rip Cutler a new one for behaving that way on the bench.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Machado wrote:
Jon Gruden said he liked the fire from Cutler and did not criticize his behavior on the bench.
I was certain Gruden was going to rip Cutler a new one for behaving that way on the bench.
Gruden is the same guy that said he's never been around anyone in his life that prepares more intensely than Russell Wilson last week. Really John? Fresh of the Madison Wisconsin campus you can say that? How much time have you spent with him? He's a flavor of the week guy. He knows football but any time he wants to dial down the ass kissing about a thousand percent I'll be happy with him. No one does anything wrong in Gruden's mind.

Remember last year when he said he's been seriously looking forward to the the beginning of the Tyler Thigpen era before he crapped the bed on a Monday night? I almost fell out of my chair.

$tevil
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

How many potential game changing catches did Dez Bryant drop last night? I quit counting at 6.. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

johnk5150 wrote:
Machado wrote:
Gruden is the same guy that said he's never been around anyone in his life that prepares more intensely than Russell Wilson last week. Really John? Fresh of the Madison Wisconsin campus you can say that? How much time have you spent with him? He's a flavor of the week guy. He knows football but any time he wants to dial down the ass kissing about a thousand percent I'll be happy with him. No one does anything wrong in Gruden's mind.

Remember last year when he said he's been seriously looking forward to the the beginning of the Tyler Thigpen era before he crapped the bed on a Monday night? I almost fell out of my chair.
#1-I like Gruden. 1,000 times better than Collinsworth
#2-Some of the things that Gruden says should be taken with a grain of salt. He tends to favor the "flavor of the week guy" and then forgets about him the following week
#3-He does know the game and I enjoy how he breaks down a replay, calls the formation, the set and maybe even the play.

Did you see the Dallas vs Raiders mid 90's practice film he "broke down" in the middle of the game? That was cool to see. You know that film came from his collection.