The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The NFL Thread

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Bludegeon wrote: Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football.
Agreed. He was a runner on that play, not a QB.

Panther fans I talk to aren't mad about the hit, they're mad at Cam for trying to walk it in from a yard out. He was basically asking to have his bell rung.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Tenacious_Dio wrote:
Bludegeon wrote: Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football.
Agreed. He was a runner on that play, not a QB.

Panther fans I talk to aren't mad about the hit, they're mad at Cam for trying to walk it in from a yard out. He was basically asking to have his bell rung.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rzuhseCaKk
Ask and you shall receive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rcds0lHTQ
UtahRatt
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by UtahRatt »

**Edited for foolishness**

This helmet to helmet shit is getting old and can't be avoided. I haven't seen much this year but dating back to last season it seemed like less flags were thrown, I could be wrong but you can't control that shit. It's going to happen and is impossible to avoid.
I've seen a few BS calls at the worst time then seen a few they let go that could be called. The NFL can't define the rules because they're making them too fast and you can't control that shit.
Last edited by UtahRatt on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Artemis2085 wrote:so I blurt out "I love you Paul!
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Bludegeon wrote:Condone any helmet to helmet hit? You gotta be kidding..

It's obvious you have never, ever, ever played tackle football. Sure, the spearing of one player into another ala Merriweather is ridiculous. But, to think all helmet to helmet hits are so bad? Insane , stupidity at it's finest.

Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football. Look it up. Well, it was football back when men played the game.

Just like that BS call against the Niners and "hitting" Dak after the whistel vs. Dallas this past Sunday. That "penalty" was BS and helped in changing the vibe of that game. Hate calls like that. It wasn't belligerent or even a hard hit. Bet Dak didn't even feel it..

It's people with the pussy mindset about football like you have that is killing this game with two many fucking rules and stops for bullshit penalty calls.
My bad....DOH! You're right. My rant was wrong. Sry!

I was going to sleep when I went on my rant and read your post wrong, you're exactly right and my post was directed at machado.

This whole helmet to helmet shit pisses me off because a lot of people think it can be controlled or it's too violent. Like you said spearing is another story and I've been in one too many pussiefacation of the NFL arguments. It's apart of the game!

Next time I'll try and read a post before hitting "submit"!

It's been a long fucking week after 9 days of hell dealing with that fucking tornado I finally turned the corner yesterday and can relax. I just passed out for 7 hours. So I retract and redirect, you're right, pretty much the panther fans have agreed and again Machado started in with the Helmet to helmet shit. Hell in the replay of CAMS hit the announcers bring up "it was helmet to helmet". I can't even listen to most of the crews calling the game let alone agree with all the flags and new rules.
poizond13 wrote:I have been very bummed out, sad and shocked for most of the night
Atomicpunk18 wrote:You see Black Crowes music has gotten me laid multiple times.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

UtahRatt wrote:

It's obvious you have never, ever, ever played tackle football. Sure, the spearing of one player into another ala Merriweather is ridiculous. But, to think all helmet to helmet hits are so bad? Insane , stupidity at it's finest.

Hell no there shouldn't of been a flag thrown on that Cam Newton hit..He was running and he lowered his shoulder.. Called football. Look it up. Well, it was football back when men played the game.

Just like that BS call against the Niners and "hitting" Dak after the whistel vs. Dallas this past Sunday. That "penalty" was BS and helped in changing the vibe of that game. Hate calls like that. It wasn't belligerent or even a hard hit. Bet Dak didn't even feel it..

It's people with the pussy mindset about football like you have that is killing this game with two many fucking rules and stops for bullshit penalty calls.

I was going to sleep when I went on my rant and read your post wrong, you're exactly right and my post was directed at machado.

This whole helmet to helmet shit pisses me off because a lot of people think it can be controlled or it's too violent. Like you said spearing is another story and I've been in one too many pussiefacation of the NFL arguments. It's apart of the game!

It's been a long fucking week after 9 days of hell dealing with that fucking tornado I finally turned the corner yesterday and can relax. I just passed out for 7 hours. So I retract and redirect, you're right, pretty much the panther fans have agreed and again Machado started in with the Helmet to helmet shit. Hell in the replay of CAMS hit the announcers bring up "it was helmet to helmet". I can't even listen to most of the crews calling the game let alone agree with all the flags and new rules.

All good man.. My post ,or this post you quoted wasn't directed at you. It was directed at Machado... Who.. Is.. well.. nevermind...

Newton is 6'5, 255 pounds.. No shit most hits he will take if he is running with the ball will be helmet to helmet.. lol. Especially if he lowers his shoulder. I have seen players hit shoulder pads and the helmet rides up to the other players helmet. Very common..
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:

what more do you want about the hit? hell, i'm thrilled Cam decided to strut just shy of the goal line and was drilled in the bean.
not only has this happened to him before, remember that Saints game, well it happened again. which means Cam is either
stubborn or just doesn't learn. you tell me which it could be.

the NFL rules have a lot of room for improvement. we could go on and on about these rules.
but take a step back and think about something. how much does the NFL earn a season? over 1 billion or maybe close to 2 billion?
with all that CASH, the NFL still cannot hire "full time officials" to referee the games.
which means joe smith the insurance guy gets to brag to his clients that he also takes the field on Sunday. oh, you also have
joe the milk delivery man taking the field on Sunday because he has to earn a living during the week.
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

That's about your best post. Probably because you didn't say anything but you pulled up two good links.

I love the second one how he's all cool explaining to chill the fuck out by basically saying helmets make contact it's not always a foul! Now if this concussion shit can chill down, which has a little, they can get back to playing football. Three seasons ago concussions and helmet contact was a fucking panic attack and it's finally calming down.
I still get annoyed by people acting like playing football is dangerous compared to wrestling alligators, shit gets under my skin. Those links are a good point. The Falcon DB didn't wrap up and put his mask on the ball, he went for the hit and helmets make contact. Him and Cam got their bell rung shit happens, people with desk jobs forgot it use to be a physical sport for the last 100 years. Now it's life threatening? Fuck off. They're not base jumping off skyscrapers in Dubai, running with the bulls in Spain or juggling grenades in Iraq.
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:what more do you want about the hit? hell, i'm thrilled Cam decided to strut just shy of the goal line and was drilled in the bean.
not only has this happened to him before, remember that Saints game, well it happened again. which means Cam is either

the NFL rules have a lot of room for improvement. we could go on and on about these rules.
but take a step back and think about something. how much does the NFL earn a season? over 1 billion or maybe close to 2 billion?
with all that CASH, the NFL still cannot hire "full time officials" to referee the games.
which means joe smith the insurance guy gets to brag to his clients that he also takes the field on Sunday. oh, you also have
joe the milk delivery man taking the field on Sunday because he has to earn a living during the week.
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
Cam is full on arrogant and foolish, that translates to him strutting/lollygagging on the field and getting clocked. It's stupidity. He thinks he's got someone beat and don't see the LB coming from the other side. With his size and speed he thinks he can run over someone who's playing with heart and guts and hits Cam head on. Cam is his own worst enemy and don't always play full throttle. Big head, thinks he's the best, superman solid gold dancer.

Anyhow, I bet Cam and the Panthers will wake up.

You're dead on about the Ref's, the NFL is hoarding their fucking money. They also realize making stupid rules to protect players is just protecting their money. Like wanting to avoid Kick Returns with this retarded KICK OFF touch back at the 25yd line shit. It's not about the game it's all about making and keeping money. They're changing the game, the product just to make money. They want less physical contact and more points thinking it will keep their their bank account growing.

With the NFL constantly changing these "what's considered a catch rule" "what's a illegal tackle" then you add in part time Ref's AND Replay it's a cluster fuck. It all comes down to money, the NFL don't care about keeping the integrity and history of the game. Changing the rules also fucks with players who've been doing it one way since birth. Look at the PAT's that's been missed or you can't go low on a QB after fighting through a block? Fuck, just getting through a blocker all you can do is to fall over and catch him low.

Like telling Boxers to pull some of your punches. If a guy ducks or bends over you can't throw an uppercut!

No clue what you're talking about with the Milkman unless your mom was dating one.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

UtahRatt wrote:
Machado wrote:what more do you want about the hit? hell, i'm thrilled Cam decided to strut just shy of the goal line and was drilled in the bean.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!
Cam is full on arrogant and foolish, that translates to him strutting/lollygagging on the field and getting clocked. It's stupidity. He thinks he's got someone beat and don't see the LB coming from the other side. With his size and speed he thinks he can run over someone who's playing with heart and guts and hits Cam head on. Cam is his own worst enemy and don't always play full throttle. Big head, thinks he's the best, superman solid gold dancer.

Anyhow, I bet Cam and the Panthers will wake up.

You're dead on about the Ref's, the NFL is hoarding their fucking money. They also realize making stupid rules to protect players is just protecting their money. Like wanting to avoid Kick Returns with this retarded KICK OFF touch back at the 25yd line shit. It's not about the game it's all about making and keeping money. They're changing the game, the product just to make money. They want less physical contact and more points thinking it will keep their their bank account growing.

With the NFL constantly changing these "what's considered a catch rule" "what's a illegal tackle" then you add in part time Ref's AND Replay it's a cluster fuck. It all comes down to money, the NFL don't care about keeping the integrity and history of the game. Changing the rules also fucks with players who've been doing it one way since birth. Look at the PAT's that's been missed or you can't go low on a QB after fighting through a block? Fuck, just getting through a blocker all you can do is to fall over and catch him low.

Like telling Boxers to pull some of your punches. If a guy ducks or bends over you can't throw an uppercut!

No clue what you're talking about with the Milkman unless your mom was dating one.
Utah, when was the last time the media asked Goodell about the part time referee situation? I'm sure I can look it up online
but if Goodell does not care so much, why should I? Hoarding the money is exactly it. You would think the NFL would realize the game
might be officiating slightly better if the referee's were full time hires. That actually are trained to do their job 365 days a year? I guess not!
:twisted:
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Goodell is running the NFL into the ground and I'm happy to see ratings drop. I hope it crashes. It's the only way shit will change but good luck on wedging Goody the criminal from his seat. The Owners need to get some balls and pressure the fucker out.

It's the baseball stretch into Hockey season now, I'm good with that. Hope my NFL team does well but I'm done buying shit and supporting the monster it's turned into. Like the Niners, I'll sit down or take a fucking knee when I change the channel.

Bud Selig and Roger Goodell should be dropped in a ISIS camp.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Does anybody feel sorry for this guy:
Odell Beckham Jr. frustrated, says he's 'not having fun anymore'
"Football is my sanctuary," Beckham told Marks. "It's where I go to escape. It's where I'm most happy. I'm not having fun anymore."

Giants quarterback Eli Manning said Monday, however, that Beckham has to "be aware" of other team's attempts to rattle him.

"People are looking for him," Manning said. "He's got to play smart, and he can't afford to do anything there. They're going to call him. He's brought that on himself, and he's got to realize that."
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

Machado wrote:Does anybody feel sorry for this guy:
Odell Beckham Jr. frustrated, says he's 'not having fun anymore'
"Football is my sanctuary," Beckham told Marks. "It's where I go to escape. It's where I'm most happy. I'm not having fun anymore."

Giants quarterback Eli Manning said Monday, however, that Beckham has to "be aware" of other team's attempts to rattle him.

"People are looking for him," Manning said. "He's got to play smart, and he can't afford to do anything there. They're going to call him. He's brought that on himself, and he's got to realize that."
:lol:

I blame Lena Dunham!
Funny.....I didn't hear about till now, I was just reading where Lena Dunham finally apologized after bashing Odell Beckham supposedly for being a jerk when they met.
Poor Odell, if you can't have fun making bank to play football, fuck you too. I'd kill to play. I miss it, even hard to adjust but to say.....Oh I'm not having fun? Trying working a real job for a week, you'll piss your pants when you get back to the locker room.

Odell acts green, he comes off soft and easy to set off. The type of player who needs coddling and reinforcement when coached and gets upset when a coach goes off on him. Dude has mad skills, spare me how hard and un fun life is.....Seriously.

Lena Dunham Finally Apologizes To Odell Beckham Jr. after cringe worthy interview
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/len ... 2de09641c9
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

She was probably right in the first place. She turns me off and I'm not even close to having a in my prime NFL body.

And the only reason I'm sorry about saying this is because this is the NFByGodl thread and I don't want her fucking up my favorite beloved sports lounge thread.

God damnit Utah I can understand why you're put off with professional football but don't go dragging this bitch in here. :lol:
Einstein Lawless
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by Einstein Lawless »

I know Thursday night games are all about color rush bull crap but the 49ers normal uniform is a clean classic look. It's a shame to see them in that all black that the league won't even allow them to match their helmet with.
Physician, kill Thyself- Danzig in the Dark

Stryper have a better shot at getting into Hell than the HOF.- The Stench.

You people are so burnt out on your own culture that you can't even talk about it intelligibly anymore.- Funz
Bludegeon

Post by Bludegeon »

Odell not having fun? Good..

Hopefully his attitude of waa waa will care over to the whole team and they will tank the season.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Bludegeon wrote:Odell not having fun? Good..

Hopefully his attitude of waa waa will care over to the whole team and they will tank the season.
Odell is a 1 hit wonder. The guy enjoyed success once and suddenly he assumed
he was a great player, who deserved the sort of rules that a Jerry Rice or Randy Moss would get.
F U Odell!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I'm really looking forward to watching the Broncos defense go up against the Falcons offense this Sunday afternoon. No way in hell will the Broncos have a stupid game plan like the Panthers did and just let Jones run all up and down the field all day.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I've got a hunch that the Patriots are going to bench Jacoby Brissett for this Sunday's game against the Browns. :mrgreen:
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

eddie lee roth wrote:I've got a hunch that the Patriots are going to bench Jacoby Brissett for this Sunday's game against the Browns. :mrgreen:
You may be right. (Actually, he went in for surgery on his thumb today)
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

I just loved that story of him and his hot ass super model wife vacationing in Italy last week. If there's any male American who says they wouldn't want to live his life there's something wrong with them.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

eddie lee roth wrote:I just loved that story of him and his hot ass super model wife vacationing in Italy last week. If there's any male American who says they wouldn't want to live his life there's something wrong with them.

Dude even has Matt Damon and Ben Affleck arguing over who is his better friend. He's got the life. :lol:
I feel bad for the Browns.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Pierce Foreskin wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:I just loved that story of him and his hot ass super model wife vacationing in Italy last week. If there's any male American who says they wouldn't want to live his life there's something wrong with them.

Dude even has Matt Damon and Ben Affleck arguing over who is his better friend. He's got the life. :lol:
Damn straight he does he's living the dream. Think back to when you were a little kid. You dreamed you could be a rock star or astronaut or the best quarterback ever. You know those silly little dreams an innocent little kid has. Well he achieved all that and then some.

I can't remember her name but she's on that TV show Blue Bloods she's a total looking hot ass bitch and he's so bad ass he dumped her for his wife that he has now. You might could say that wasn't all that cool of him since she was pregnant and all but looking at it from just being a guy you gotta tip your hat to him. He's got it going on.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:

Damn straight he does he's living the dream. Think back to when you were a little kid. You dreamed you could be a rock star or astronaut or the best quarterback ever. You know those silly little dreams an innocent little kid has. Well he achieved all that and then some.

I can't remember her name but she's on that TV show Blue Bloods she's a total looking hot ass bitch and he's so bad ass he dumped her for his wife that he has now. You might could say that wasn't all that cool of him since she was pregnant and all but looking at it from just being a guy you gotta tip your hat to him. He's got it going on.
Let's not forget how he was not very talented in college. Michigan QB, who didn't play well enough to get drafted very high. What round did he go in? 6th round pick.
Amazing!
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote:
eddie lee roth wrote:
Pierce Foreskin wrote:

Let's not forget how he was not very talented in college. Michigan QB, who didn't play well enough to get drafted very high. What round did he go in? 6th round pick.
Amazing!
That seems to be a popular way to look back on his career in college but it's not entirely true. He beat Ohio State for a trip to the Orange Bowl and then went on to beat Alabama in the game.

Yeah he was a 6th round pick but obviously that was a fault. But it's on the scouts for all of the NFL teams they were the ones who failed to recognize his talent.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Machado wrote:

he was a great player, who deserved the sort of rules that a Jerry Rice or Randy Moss would get.
F U Odell!
You defend Dez and you rip Beckham. You're something else.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Gritt wrote:
Machado wrote:

F U Odell!
You defend Dez and you rip Beckham. You're something else.
Of course. Odell has it coming. What has he done? Enjoyed one great season and suddenly
he wants the NFL to bend the rules for him? NAH!

As for Dez, am I going to rip him because he injured his leg being tackled? Or maybe
I should be upset because he stayed in the game and scored a TD? NAH!
UtahRatt

Post by UtahRatt »

eddie lee roth wrote:She was probably right in the first place. She turns me off and I'm not even close to having a in my prime NFL body.

And the only reason I'm sorry about saying this is because this is the NFByGodl thread and I don't want her fucking up my favorite beloved sports lounge thread.

God damnit Utah I can understand why you're put off with professional football but don't go dragging this bitch in here. :lol:
I've been retaining water and having a Debbie downer couple weeks. I so want the Bronco's to lose and with the easy schedule and weak division Dallas is still around as well.
Dallas- I said the day HOMO went down they'd still have a shot at the division I just hope they haven't found a QB with Mr 3TD Dank. Take away last week he's thrown one TD in three games. Dank's being pumped up but hasn't shown much playing behind that All World O-Line and Running the ball. But he's thrown less INT's then ROMO would have had by now. I wished the Giants, Philly or the Skins would build a team and dominate the NFC East for a few season's so the Dallas fans would put a cork in it, then again even when they lose they still wont shut up.

------------------------

Not many good match ups this week, I'm sure one or two will be upsets but on paper I'm not seeing a lot of good games?

Tampa vs Panthers? If Tampa wins the Panthers just might have a glitch but really, who's picking the Buc's.

Chargers vs Raiders - Fucking Rivers could possibly shred my teams No Secondary Defense. Oakland at 3-1 hasn't been this close to a good team in decades. Man I hate Del Rio. Still picking them to finish around .500

Denver vs Atlanta - Should be a great match, possible game of the week, wished it was in Atlanta. Like always I don't see consistency in the Falcons but we'll see what Ryan can do VS Von in Denver. Go Falcons. This game should show who's for real.

Texans vs Vikings - This would be a killer game if Watt's was playing, still and interesting game and should be a good Defensive battle. It's time for Osweiler to step up and earn his unearned overpaid contract....Must learn how to complete a pass.

-------------------------------

I hear Kapper fish might start next week VS the Bills, god I hope he gets pounded. Yes his drama shit has pissed me off and I couldn't care less in best my "Al Davis Voice".....Kapperfish must Go Down And Go Down Hard.....I'm praying he plays like shit. Plus I like the Bills and really want to see Tyrod Taylor turn into the next good QB.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Machado wrote: As for Dez, am I going to rip him because he injured his leg being tackled? Or maybe
How bout you get upset with him for the shit he does off the field. Like blowing off or being late for numerous meetings or waiting until the middle of the week until you get your leg looked at. Garrett is such a pussy saying we had a talk and he understands you can't go AWOL now. No fucking shit everybody knows that and they know it because it's common fucking sense. :roll:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

eddie lee roth wrote:
Machado wrote: As for Dez, am I going to rip him because he injured his leg being tackled? Or maybe
How bout you get upset with him for the shit he does off the field. Like blowing off or being late for numerous meetings or waiting until the middle of the week until you get your leg looked at. Garrett is such a pussy saying we had a talk and he understands you can't go AWOL now. No fucking shit everybody knows that and they know it because it's common fucking sense. :roll:
if you know as much about sports and star athletes as you claim, you will realize that "star" players get special treatment.
the entire NFL team roster does not get treated the same. from the star WR, star RB, to the long snapper.
those 3 time NFL Super Bowl Champion Dallas team in the 90's did not have players that followed every single rule. they had players
who broke team rules and broke laws. yet they won games on the field. which is more important than if a player received treatment
on Monday morning.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

Matardo, you're defending a guy that has been a distraction to his team, skipped meetings, skipped treatments, and has behaved like a baby his entire career. I'm no fan of what OBJ has been doing but to somehow paint Dez as a better example and teammate than OBJ is retarded.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.