Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NickasInSaltLick
The Fat Man of Steel

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by NickasInSaltLick »

Youkilis is the newest inductee into the Robin Ventura Hall of Fame for dudes that bit off a little more than they could chew.

Sludgeaholic of the Month - May 2004
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

So much for firing up the team.....he got his ass kicked.

The guy is dislikeable. That right there should mean he's a good fighter. Nope. How many people do you know that you could kick the shit out of, but can't stand?

Not many I'd assume. It's weird how that works if I don't like someone, but I could rip their head off. I don't let it get to me. Although if I don't like someone, and they could beat me up....my hate triples. It's funny how that works.

Youkilis should have more friends.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

NickasInSaltLick wrote:Youkilis is the newest inductee into the Robin Ventura Hall of Fame for dudes that bit off a little more than they could chew.

Someday, when I have my house with my own study, I'm gonna hang a copy of this pic in it. Talk about a great baseball moment!
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:So much for firing up the team.....he got his ass kicked.

The guy is dislikeable. That right there should mean he's a good fighter. Nope. How many people do you know that you could kick the shit out of, but can't stand?

Not many I'd assume. It's weird how that works if I don't like someone, but I could rip their head off. I don't let it get to me. Although if I don't like someone, and they could beat me up....my hate triples. It's funny how that works.

Youkilis should have more friends.
ESPN BASEBALL TONIGHT had fun discussing the fight between youk and porcello last night
porcello was criticized for retreating towards the 1st base side, not the 3rd base side where his team is seated.
youk was criticized for hurling his helmet at porcello, and not throwing a punch or getting in a good lick.

no wonder youk gets thrown at by Joba and all of baseball.

the pussy tossed his helmet and then got his ass thrown to the ground by the pitcher....LOL!!!
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

killeverything wrote:
No not that.

Arod starting in on Arroyo, Tek safely ( or scaredly however you wanna look at it :lol: ) keeping his helmet on with a glove to the face... benches clear and it's a straight up brawl.

Something like that. Joba's fat ass trying to make a mark. So I think it will happen soon.

The problem with Youks' fight today is why? What did it accomplish? Since you threw your helmet, they ( by "they" I mean Yankee Bob ) will add on more days to your suspension. Which means you won't be in the line-up. Which means that Lowell will be playing 3rd. Which means Varitek will be catching more, which means he'll be hitting ( or trying to ) against LHP. The whole thing is completely ass-backwards to me.

If they want to fight. Fight NY. Since Joba, there seems to be bad blood brewing again. If you get suspended make it worthwhile, make your enemies get suspended too.

They won again tonite, and I wasn't prepared to write them off earlier. This was stupid though.

Oh yeah, Tazawa gave up 3ER in 4 and struck out 6. Which is better than what Smoltz would of done. I think he might become something special. Also Daisuke threw 40 pitches and reported no discomfort or weakness in the shoulder. It's also been reported that Wakefield is still alive.
I just want a Pedro tossing Zim moment again for pure comedy.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sixdgritt wrote:
killeverything wrote:
No not that.

Arod starting in on Arroyo, Tek safely ( or scaredly however you wanna look at it :lol: ) keeping his helmet on with a glove to the face... benches clear and it's a straight up brawl.

Something like that. Joba's fat ass trying to make a mark. So I think it will happen soon.

The problem with Youks' fight today is why? What did it accomplish? Since you threw your helmet, they ( by "they" I mean Yankee Bob ) will add on more days to your suspension. Which means you won't be in the line-up. Which means that Lowell will be playing 3rd. Which means Varitek will be catching more, which means he'll be hitting ( or trying to ) against LHP. The whole thing is completely ass-backwards to me.

If they want to fight. Fight NY. Since Joba, there seems to be bad blood brewing again. If you get suspended make it worthwhile, make your enemies get suspended too.

They won again tonite, and I wasn't prepared to write them off earlier. This was stupid though.

Oh yeah, Tazawa gave up 3ER in 4 and struck out 6. Which is better than what Smoltz would of done. I think he might become something special. Also Daisuke threw 40 pitches and reported no discomfort or weakness in the shoulder. It's also been reported that Wakefield is still alive.
I just want a Pedro tossing Zim moment again for pure comedy.
Nah, I thought it was lame. It was great seeing the fire between those two teams in what led up to an awesome ALCS ( even though we lost, that was an edge of your seat series ).

The Gerbil was too old. So Pedro did the only thing he could do, when Zimmer ran at him throwing punches, say "no", lay him down and step out of the way.

Of course the NY media called for his head. Saying he "assaulted him, etc." with journalism prowess that is only rivaled by the Boston Globe :lol: .

See it wasn't even poetic. What should of happened is Gerbil runs out on the field and a bunch of the players from his 70's teams ( Rice, Lee, etc. ) beat him into a lifeless blob of fat, for fucking them out of a ring.

That's what should of happened.

Actually I'm over it. In 2004 we had proven that when our guys take a bunch of "supplements"......anything is possible. :lol:
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

this might be old news to some of you, but last night i watched
the Luis Tiant documentary on ESPN.
anybody else seen this?

i have to say, the footage was terrific. not only the old footage of him pitching in the majors, but his return to Cuba after 46 yrs.

never knew that his parents were allowed to stay in the US for approx 15
months around 75/76.

there is terrific footage of Luis Sr. throwing out
the 1st pitch at fenway. you know that was a proud moment for the family.

i noticed Netflix does not have the dvd available. DAMN!!!
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I'm glad Youk charged the mound. He's been getting drilled forever for no reason at all. And It's nice to finally see Francona get emotional about something. This will fire up the team for a while. Now if only Papi starts hitting again they will be in good shape down the stretch.
Gritt
Official Sludge Ass Kisser

Post by Gritt »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I'm glad Youk charged the mound. He's been getting drilled forever for no reason at all. And It's nice to finally see Francona get emotional about something. This will fire up the team for a while. Now if only Papi starts hitting again they will be in good shape down the stretch.
Youk also had 20 pounds on the guy and should have kicked his ass but instead he got turned over on the way down and kinda looked like a bitch.
Machado wrote:I might not know how to flush a toilet today
Machado owes me an apology.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Machado, I saw Luis Tiant pitch in 78 or 79 when my Grandfather took me to Yankee Stadium. I also remember the commercials he did for Ball Park Franks.

Hey, anyone notice that Cliff Lee has been fucking Dominating since the Phillies got him? Roy who? Pedro didn't look so bad last night either.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Hey, anyone notice that Cliff Lee has been fucking Dominating since the Phillies got him? Roy who?
I think all Lee needed was a change of scenery. I don't think his Cy last season was a "Zito".

It seems he's matured into a better pitcher. I posted a while back about his change in pitching mechanics, and repetoire that Hardball Times published in the 2009 Annual. It's a pretty good analysis of what went right with the guy.

From playing on a team two years removed from game 7 of the ALCS, to sitting in the clubhouse and seeing Shapiro having to cut payroll and trade your #1 guy. Then getting to go the defending WS Champion yourself, is probably a kick in the ass for the guy's career.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Pedro didn't look so bad last night either.
Ya know what's even funnier than that?

Pedro was availible when Theo took a chance on Smoltz. Surely he would be a 5+ ERA pitcher back in the AL East, but better than Smoltz. With Dice out now and Wakes' annual DL trip, Pedro's return to Fenway would've been classic.

This "kick the tires, take a chance" buy on the cheap shit has to stop. There is no excuse for signing like your San Diego when you have that amount of payroll flexibility. If the rumors are true that the only big trade Epstein really attempted at the deadline, was to aquire King Felix ( who Theo has long coveted ). Then I think the FO didn't even try to win this year.

King Felix? Really? Are you outta your fucking mind? Hernandez is under control on the cheap for two more years, is a franchise pitcher, and is owned by a team that's resources could possibly rival the MFY. Judging by Seattle's recent drafts their trying to rebuild a pitching/defense heavy team to coincide with their park. Why in the hell would they trade one of.....if not the potentially soon to be best pitcher in baseball?

The FO's moves of late have me perplexed. Duke got Manny by blowing everyone else out of the water. He got Pedro by.....well Minyana was the Expos GM. Spend the money you got off the books by no longer having Manny. The team is hitting like Manny's gone ( well pitched game by Cy Young canidate Justin Verlander excluded :lol: ).
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I heard an interview with Theo yesterday where he discussed his moves at the trading deadline. He made an excellent offer to Toronto for Halladay that included Buccholtz, Masterson, Bowden and a choice out of three other AAA prospects. Ricciardi also confirmed that it was the best offer received by far, but not enough to pry him lose to stay in the division. Theo suggested also taking on one of the bad Toronto contracts that they wanted to dump. Ricciardi insisted on the above package plus Bard, and Theo wisely told him to stuff it.

If I was the Jay's owner and I heard that I could have had 3 very promising pitchers plus another top prospect and could have dumped a bad contract at the same time and my idiot GM refused I would have fired Ricciardi on the spot.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Hey, anyone notice that Cliff Lee has been fucking Dominating since the Phillies got him? Roy who? Pedro didn't look so bad last night either.
cliff dominating reminds me a bit of C.C. dominating for the brewers last
year.
a terrific pitcher, coming from the A.L. to the N.L., teams unfamiliar with the pitcher=DOMINANCE!!!
or a greater chance to dominate. i would not be surprised if he wins every single start for the phils.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

The Red Sox brought Alex Gonzales back. I think it's a good move. I liked him much better than Rent-a-wreck or Lugo. Gonzales is the best defensive SS they have had here since Rooster.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

SkyDog112046 wrote:The Red Sox brought Alex Gonzales back. I think it's a good move. I liked him much better than Rent-a-wreck or Lugo. Gonzales is the best defensive SS they have had here since Rooster.
I loved AGonz. I think SS is a postion that you can afford to have a hitter that can't really hit. Thoughout history, SS were quick with their feet and slow with the bat.

That changed with Ripken, Jeter, Arod and I think it's an unfortunate trend. There's all these great hitting SS ( with the exception of Arod ) who have subpar defense. I also didn't like not re-signing Gonzalez for '07. It was a stupid move, since the left side infield Red Sox defense is one of the worst in the AL.

The problem with bring AGonz back now is he missed all of 2008. He was a superior defensive shortstop originally, but looking at his UZR numbers now he's merely league average....which is a step up from Nick Green. So we replaced a SS who can't field, can't hit. With a SS who can kinda field and not hit.

People are holding onto their 2006 memories too much. I still would like to know what exactly was the "off-field circumstances" that led to them not re-signing OCab. I fucking loved that guy.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

SS has been a black hole for Boston since they traded Nomar. A broken-down AGonz, coming off major knee surgery and who's lost a step isn't much of an upgrade. I guess better than Nick Green, yeah, but that's like comparing crap and poop.

I know Pedroia played a little SS, I wonder if they'd toy with the idea of moving him over there and trying to acquire a 2B. He'd probably be at least adequate.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

JakeYonkel wrote:SS has been a black hole for Boston since they traded Nomar. A broken-down AGonz, coming off major knee surgery and who's lost a step isn't much of an upgrade. I guess better than Nick Green, yeah, but that's like comparing crap and poop.

I know Pedroia played a little SS, I wonder if they'd toy with the idea of moving him over there and trying to acquire a 2B. He'd probably be at least adequate.
I kept hearing rumors that they were going to try to get Cabrera back. I don't know how real it was though.

I want to know what the hell it is that he did, because he was a perfect fit for the team.
bighairdiscs
Recording Debut Album

Post by bighairdiscs »

killeverything wrote:
JakeYonkel wrote:SS has been a black hole for Boston since they traded Nomar. A broken-down AGonz, coming off major knee surgery and who's lost a step isn't much of an upgrade. I guess better than Nick Green, yeah, but that's like comparing crap and poop.

I kept hearing rumors that they were going to try to get Cabrera back. I don't know how real it was though.

I want to know what the hell it is that he did, because he was a perfect fit for the team.
I don't know how true it is, but the rumors I heard were that the team was not happy with some of Cabrera's drug cartel friends from his home of Columbia..... Also, I heard rumors that he was banging Millar's wife...... who knows?
BlairSurfInvasion wrote:The lesson here is that if you listen to hair metal in 2007 you are going to have to pay a price, and the currency is ridicule.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

bighairdiscs wrote:
killeverything wrote:

I don't know how true it is, but the rumors I heard were that the team was not happy with some of Cabrera's drug cartel friends from his home of Columbia..... Also, I heard rumors that he was banging Millar's wife...... who knows?
Then we heard the same. A thug element that hung around, and I just heard he would hit on player's wives. I didn't know about Millah, I thought it was Manny's wife.

Oh well. The SS situation sucks. I thought it was going to be a fuckup of epic proportions in 2005. Then in 2007 when they signed Lugo. I didn't think it would still be an issue now. Having such a sabremetric minded FO, this is astounding.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Godfuckingdamnit!

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of seeing AAA scrubs get meaningful at bats during a Playoff run! And why the fuck leave Tazawa in for the 6th? Guy's got a lot of talent, a lot of potential. He barely got out of the 5th unharmed. Barely. What in fuck makes you think he'll make it through the 6th? QS my ass.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Francona always seems like he is trying to manage all 162 games during each game. Sometimes instead of worrying about the 3-4 games down the road he needs to worry about winning the game being played. Sometimes bruising a few egos of guys who are underperforming is a good thing.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

I'm just surprised Texas has overtaken Boston for the WC. I think at this point no matter what happens Ron Washington has gotta be manager of the year.

Boston's vaunted bullpen wasn't so great and their starting pitching depth that was trumpted for months seems to have dried up too.

Safe to say that the Yankees are the team to beat in the AL.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

No rally. No comeback.

Now their behind Texas in the WC standings.

Oh well at least if the Mighty Red Sox miss the Playoffs. Anaheim wouldn't be knocked out in the first round. If the Angels don't get beaten in the first round, the MFY don't make it past the ALCS.

There is a God, and he loves us all.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:No rally. No comeback.

Oh well at least if the Mighty Red Sox miss the Playoffs. Anaheim wouldn't be knocked out in the first round. If the Angels don't get beaten in the first round, the MFY don't make it past the ALCS.

The angels are looming huh? I have to admit, our history vs the angels is not good at all. Sooner or later we have to go through that team to advance. This year is the time to make it happen.
Unsure if the sox or rays have enough to make a run in the final 6 weeks at the division title.
Unsure if the sox or rays have enough to win the wild card. Both teams are struggling to gain any momentum. Staying hot might be a dream for either team.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Machado wrote:
killeverything wrote:No rally. No comeback.

The angels are looming huh? I have to admit, our history vs the angels is not good at all. Sooner or later we have to go through that team to advance. This year is the time to make it happen.
Unsure if the sox or rays have enough to make a run in the final 6 weeks at the division title.
Unsure if the sox or rays have enough to win the wild card. Both teams are struggling to gain any momentum. Staying hot might be a dream for either team.

This is a very different Angels team from years past. Before they ran on pitching and situation hitting. This year, the pitching has been horrible (outside of April) and the offense has been ridiculously good (outside of April and May). I don't know if the Angels can beat the Yankees in the playoffs (assuming the Angels get there) this year. The pitching scares me. Lackey is nails, but after that...Santana is a head case, although he is showing some signs of coming around. Weaver is inconsistent. Saunders is a huge question mark. The #5 spot (I know, not needed in the playoffs) is a rotating question mark. The bullpen mostly blows but is making gradual improvements.

This may indeed be the year the Yankees stop the Angels in the playoffs. However, having said all that, as good as the Yankees are you can't write off the Angels. Compare what the Angels have gone through this year with what the Yankees have, and then realize the Angels are only two games behind them. There's a bit of magic going on with this team this year but I don't know how long it will last.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Consider the fact that the MFY still haven't won a series vs. Anaheim. Billions of dollars spent. Still nothing.

It's amazing and beautiful.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

killeverything wrote:Consider the fact that the MFY still haven't won a series vs. Anaheim. Billions of dollars spent. Still nothing.

It's amazing and beautiful.
I think you and your team should worry a lot more about the rangers at this time.
If you ask me, I think the red sox will win the wild card. I can't see the rangers pitching holding up the last 6 weeks.
I really can't see the rays getting hot enough to overtake both teams.
The sox are probably the favorite right now to win that 3 team race. Mostly based on the expierience they have and pitching.

Defeating the angels would be great. So why not this year in the playoffs.
Bring it on!!!
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

The 300 club: check out the box score for the Angels from last night. Every starter is batting .300 or better.

C Figgins 3B .308 .403
B Abreu RF .310 .404
J Rivera LF .310 .347
V Guerrero DH .313 .349
K Morales 1B .303 .352
T Hunter CF .307 .378
M Izturis 2B .300 .355
M Napoli C .300 .375
E Aybar SS .313 .354
TawnyVonJagger
Fuck The Yankees

Post by TawnyVonJagger »

tin00can wrote:The 300 club: check out the box score for the Angels from last night. Every starter is batting .300 or better.

C Figgins 3B .308 .403
B Abreu RF .310 .404
J Rivera LF .310 .347
V Guerrero DH .313 .349
K Morales 1B .303 .352
T Hunter CF .307 .378
M Izturis 2B .300 .355
M Napoli C .300 .375
E Aybar SS .313 .354

:shock: :shock: :shock: Christ! That's sick! A friend of mine is going to one of the Yanks/Angels games next month, please send her home sad.

The Fish just keep swimming, 2 back in the WC. Ricky threw a 3 hitter CG, 10 Ks and no walks. They're playing very well right now. They're also expected to make a run at Smoltzy...we NEEEEED a closer...The Lindstrom/Nunez tandem are about to kill me.
Fuck sigs.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

TawnyVonJagger wrote:
tin00can wrote:The 300 club: check out the box score for the Angels from last night. Every starter is batting .300 or better.

C Figgins 3B .308 .403
B Abreu RF .310 .404
J Rivera LF .310 .347
V Guerrero DH .313 .349
K Morales 1B .303 .352
T Hunter CF .307 .378
M Izturis 2B .300 .355
M Napoli C .300 .375
E Aybar SS .313 .354

:shock: :shock: :shock: Christ! That's sick! A friend of mine is going to one of the Yanks/Angels games next month, please send her home sad.

The Fish just keep swimming, 2 back in the WC. Ricky threw a 3 hitter CG, 10 Ks and no walks. They're playing very well right now. They're also expected to make a run at Smoltzy...we NEEEEED a closer...The Lindstrom/Nunez tandem are about to kill me.
Smoltz is going to St. Louis. He's going to be the #5 starter there. They're speculating that he could become the set-up man if him as a starter don't work out :lol: , but he wouldn't go to the BP in Boston. So I think it's presumptuos to assume he would there.

"NEEEEED a closer" huh? Careful what you wish for. Smoltz should be heading to Cooperstown........not anywhere near a team with Playoff aspirations and his 8+ ERA. He wasn't Greg Maddux. He didn't get by on movement , pin-point accuracy and deception. He was one of the greats because he threw hard. He can't anymore.

And Tin, according to Machado that's not good enough to beat the MFY this year. :lol: Even though they've already raped them last series.