Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Re: Killeverything's (New)NeverEndingBaseballThread

Post by JakeYonkel »

You know, the one place where I'd take a flyer on Smoltz IS St. Louis. Dave Duncan works magic with shitty pitchers (Kyle Lohse, Joel Pineiro, Todd Wellemeyer, etc.) If anybody can take somebody and reinvent them (especially with a HOF pedigree) I wouldn't be shocked if Smoltz is GOOD.

Of course, if he gets bombed, then WTF do I know.

Either way it's a good, low-risk, practically costless move for STL to make.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Itjogsamongus wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but Joe Mauer (who's on my fantasy team) is currently batting over .380 and is closing in on 30 home runs. I did a quick check and the only guys I could find who did this were Ruth, DiMaggio and Williams. Gehrig just missed. There might have been others, but suffice it to say, it would be a rare achievement.

If he maintains this, it would be an historic season.

Mauer is the tits, and I hope to fucking god he stays in Minnesota for his entire career and doesn't end up on the Yankees or Red Sox.
killeverything
A Drinking Fan With A Baseball Problem

Post by killeverything »

tin00can wrote:
Itjogsamongus wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up, but Joe Mauer (who's on my fantasy team) is currently batting over .380 and is closing in on 30 home runs. I did a quick check and the only guys I could find who did this were Ruth, DiMaggio and Williams. Gehrig just missed. There might have been others, but suffice it to say, it would be a rare achievement.

If he maintains this, it would be an historic season.

Mauer is the tits, and I hope to fucking god he stays in Minnesota for his entire career and doesn't end up on the Yankees or Red Sox.
Hey, I do too.

Both NY and Boston will throw a ton of money at him in his upcoming Free-Agency, it's coming in '11 I think.

The deal with Mauer though is he's a Minnesota boy. He loves it there. I got a pretty good friend who's from Minneapolis, and he told me Mauer is all about it there. He's a local boy, so to speak.

While he'll be a Free Agent on the level of Sabbathia, Teix, etc. Since Minnesota's cheap skate owner ( the richest man in that state ) died, and their new ballpark opening soon. I could see them putting down a competitive contract, for someone who want's to stay home.
JakeYonkel wrote:You know, the one place where I'd take a flyer on Smoltz IS St. Louis. Dave Duncan works magic with shitty pitchers (Kyle Lohse, Joel Pineiro, Todd Wellemeyer, etc.) If anybody can take somebody and reinvent them (especially with a HOF pedigree) I wouldn't be shocked if Smoltz is GOOD.

Of course, if he gets bombed, then WTF do I know.

Either way it's a good, low-risk, practically costless move for STL to make.
I'm in agreement with you there to a point.

For the cost, it's definitely worth looking into. I was pretty stoked on the "let's see what he can do approach Boston took with him". He still has really good peripherals, that's why I think team's are still considering it.....aside from his past accomplishments. Theo takes an approach ( that I think is wrong sometimes [see: Mike Lowell] ) on giving a veteran a contract on what they've done.

I think I posted some of the numbers Smoltz earlier. His peripherals were still "ace" level. The deal is though. He was a FB pitcher, and if he's lost that ( it seems he has ), since he was getting killed on chest high fastballs up in the zone. It's pointless.

This is where we'll see how much a good pitching coach can do. Since he is a complete reclamation project. I just don't know if there's enough time this season. Since he's familiarizing himself with coming off the surgery. It seems that he might have to relearn how to pitch in general. He certainly has the talent to do that not considering his age. I think it's a little risky though with team's fighting for the Playoffs.

It will be interesting regardless. Would a guy like Leo Mazzone be able to do it again? Or was he "Phil Jackson" to where, your pitching staff was incredible because of who you had? If the Cardinals can pull it off, it will make Farrell look stupider than signing David Wells and Matt Clement to replace Pedro and Lowe :? .
Punk
Headlining Clubs

Post by Punk »

Mauer's great, but there's no way he bats .380 - I'll say he settles closer to about .350, which is still unreal for a catcher.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Itjogsamongus wrote:Smolz is done. When he pitched against the Yankees last month, I could hear his outs in New Jersey.

Not a good year for Theo. However, I'm convinced that Tex would not be having the year he is having on any other team. He's the quintessential second banana and he would be too much of the focus on and off the field without A-Rod.

I think the Sox are going to break the bank at a historic level for Mauer. They'll make it impossible for him to stay in Minny. The Yankees are actually pretty high on this guy Cervelli now and I just don't see Mauer as a Yankee.
the way smoltz throws in '09, he did himself a favor getting out of the AL East. moving to the nl will make his pitches seem better, improved. i can see him getting a lot more outs in the weaker nl.

now i don't expect cliff lee like numbers, but he can't pitch any worse that his time with the sox.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:Cliff Lee is different because in Cleveland if he gave up three runs, he wouldn't win. With that offense, he can pitch relaxed, as long as he completes the game and doesn't have to cry while watching Brad Lidge give it all back. Its like he's hallucinating that every guy who comes to bat looks like Albert Pujols.

I still say Smoltz is done. Sometime its just over.
I think it is too. The deal is though, with players of that caliber it's never over. They will try to compete until they REALLY can't. They didn't get to where they are being any different.
ItJogsAmongUs wrote:I'm convinced that Tex would not be having the year he is having on any other team. He's the quintessential second banana and he would be too much of the focus on and off the field without A-Rod.
Good observation. Unfortunatley it's not one of those things you can figure out, or project accurately with stats.

Teix would be a great signing for any team really, but with the "circus" of Arod it takes the pressure off of being the big signing. I'm not surprised because he certainly has the talent, but I had no idea he would be as good as he was.

If Theo succeded would it have been the same? There's no Manny protection anymore. Ortiz has been very streaky, because his supplements/vitamin intake has changed *cough...steroids*. So I don't know if we would be seeing the same guy.

A lot has been said about the player Hanley Ramirez has become. Personally I would do that trade again in a heatbeat, but with the obsessive scrutiny in Boston. Would he have blossmed into the player he is now without the constant pressure on him? It's all open to speculation at this point. Unfortunately it's something that can't technically be proven on paper, but it makes for interesting discussion.

Glad to have you back, Itjogs.

Oh and Machado, do really still think the MFY are going to just roll over Anaheim still. Seriously, that team like Minnesota. Is one you never count out.
Last edited by killeverything on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

killeverything wrote:A lot has been said about the player Hanley Ramirez has become. Personally I would do that trade again in a heatbeat, but with the obsessive scrutiny in Boston. Would he have blossmed into the player he is now without the constant pressure on him? It's all open to speculation at this point. Unfortunately it's something that can't technically be proven on paper, but it makes for interesting discussion.
I agree. If the goal of a team is to win championships then you make that trade again because it produced a championship and had the team one game away from going back to the series a second time.

Too bad Theo didn't make the trade. I think he is excellent at drafting and developing, and good at trading, but his free agent signings suck. Lugo and Renteria get big deals, but he lets Gonzales walk away. He couldn't find a decent SS if he was touring Cooperstown.
JakeYonkel
Headlining Clubs

Post by JakeYonkel »

Wow, Jim Rice. You don't even deserve to be in the HOF and now you're running your mouth like a fucking idiot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/llws09 ... id=4414291

Rice says big leaguers self-absorbed

SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. -- Jim Rice's advice to Little Leaguers: Don't use today's major leaguers as role models.

Speaking to players before the start of the Little League World Series, the new baseball Hall of Famer said today's major leaguers are too focused on individual goals and getting big contracts.

"You see a Manny Ramirez, you see an A-Rod [Alex Rodriguez], you see [Derek] Jeter ... Guys that I played against and with, these guys you're talking about cannot compare," Rice said to Little Leaguers gathered in the cafeteria.

The former Red Sox outfielder played 16 seasons in Boston, batting .298 with 382 homers before retiring in 1989.

"We didn't have the baggy uniforms. We didn't have the dreadlocks," Rice said. "It was a clean game, and now they're setting a bad example for the young guys."

Asked later at a news conference to list current players worthy of the Hall of Fame, Rice suggested Seattle Mariner outfielders Ichiro Suzuki and Ken Griffey Jr., and Chicago White Sox slugger Jim Thome.

He said he believes current Hall of Famers who did not cheat don't want players who took performance-enhancing drugs to join them in the Hall.

Flexing the muscles in his right arm, Rice said, "That's all the steroids you need . . . It's called God-given talent."

Rice's talk to Little Leaguers was part of his first trip to Williamsport since playing minor league baseball in the central Pennsylvania city in 1971.

He urged players to have respect for their coaches, teammates and parents, and to concentrate on improving the weakest part of their game. Rice said he had to put in extra work to improve his fielding.

Rice's appearance was part of a promotion by Allstate Insurance Co. He got a standing ovation from players and coaches, though some of the 11- to 13-year-old players were yawning or had their heads in their arms on the table about 15 minutes into the talk.

I'm sorry, but why would he EVER take a shot at Jeter? I'm not even the biggest DJ fan, but it's almost a unanimous thought that he's pretty much the model ballplayer in this day and age.

And yeah, Thome has about as much business in the HOF that Rice did.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:He was my favorite player growing up, but he deserves his repuation as a difficult guy.

Talking about fashion always makes a guy look out of touch. But his examples of Jeter and Thome make his look like a complete idiot and ignorant of today's game. Substitute Bonds for Jeter and Jeter for Thome and its not so bad.

I think he mentioned Thome because he probably thinks of him as a throwback, like Killibrew or Frank Howard, just a pure slugger. He's probably jealous of Jeter for all the rings and he's a Yankee, A-Rod for the money, and Manny because he was the guy who brought the Red Sox a championship

But really, selfish? Remember 25 guys, 25 cabs, Jimbo?

My guess: clarification/apology/misquoted forthcoming. The Red sox will demand it, especially since they're going to have to retire his number.

Jim Rice is a guy much like Pappelbon, I just wish I wouldn't have to hear speak. He seems to take the "dumb jock" moniker to new heights.

They did retire his number, before the Baltimore game. He fit the pre-requisite ( 10 years on the Sox, HOF election ).

I just turned on the game and see Penny has struck out three. Can you imagine being "that guy", the one he struck out? What is said to you on the bench? "Heh, heh, heh. You let that fat bastard strike you out? Lame."
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Looks like the Red Sox are getting owned on their own "midden" tonight. Division over.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

I just looked at the 16 teams in the Little League World Series and was surprised that the team of 6'5", 220 lb fully bearded "12 year olds" from the Dominican didn't make it this year. Maybe they didn't accept birth certificates written in crayon this year?
:lol:
Slightly_Insane01
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Slightly_Insane01 »

SkyDog112046 wrote:I just looked at the 16 teams in the Little League World Series and was surprised that the team of 6'5", 220 lb fully bearded "12 year olds" from the Dominican didn't make it this year. Maybe they didn't accept birth certificates written in crayon this year?
They were just following your workout routine, Cat Piss.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Petitte has like a 1.38ERA his last six starts, and Fat Penny is on the mound.

The Division race is over. If Matsuzaka comes back effective in September, with the way Buchholz has been pitching. You want nothing to do with this staff in the Playoffs.

That's what I'm sticking too.

Fuck you. :lol:

That's what I'm sticking too.

Goddamnit.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Can't blame 20-11 on the bats. I don't see how they can keep pitching Penny after either Wakefield or Matsusaka come back. Penny has had 5 consecutive bad outings and his last decent start was against the O's. He hasn't had consecutive quality starts since June. It has to kill the morale in that dugout when they keep trotting out stiffs like Smoltz and Penny this late in the season.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Itjogsamongus wrote:So the Sox claimed Wagner on waivers.
Think the Sox may have done it to prevent him from going to the Yanks. Mets aren't going to just give him away, as they stand to get two supplemental picks for when he rejects arbitration this offseason so he can sign somewhere else to close.

Seen some people mention that the Mets could want Casey Kotchman in return for him, but with as bad as the Mets farm system is I think I pull him back and get the draft picks unless Boston gives them something too good in return.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

Itjogsamongus wrote:So the Sox claimed Wagner on waivers.
Nice to see the Sox getting desperate and using the Yankees' "get whomever is available" philosophy.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

Itjogsamongus wrote:I don't think the Yankees wanted him. Although we might never know because they would be the last team to be able to claim him in the waiver process.

And this might sound ridiculous, but its another $3.5 million in payroll. Supposedly, its not just carte blanche anymore. The issue is whether Omar Minaya is going to try to be a hero and get something back for him or just let him go and save the team some money. He fucked up Gary Sheffield's shit by holding up The Giants for a prospect.
In the case of Shef, I don't blame him for trying to get SOMETHING for him. As depleted as the lineup is right now, Omar almost had to hold on to him unless the Giants were willing to give them anything at all in return. If Omar's not going to get anything back, keep his bat for a couple more weeks and then dump him for nothing on the 31st.

With the mess the Mets' farm system is in, 3.5 million dollars for two draft picks is a pretty good deal for them. So unless Boston is going to give them something of value, I just don't see them doing a salary dump.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sabu wrote:
Itjogsamongus wrote:I don't think the Yankees wanted him. Although we might never know because they would be the last team to be able to claim him in the waiver process.

And this might sound ridiculous, but its another $3.5 million in payroll. Supposedly, its not just carte blanche anymore. The issue is whether Omar Minaya is going to try to be a hero and get something back for him or just let him go and save the team some money. He fucked up Gary Sheffield's shit by holding up The Giants for a prospect.
In the case of Shef, I don't blame him for trying to get SOMETHING for him. As depleted as the lineup is right now, Omar almost had to hold on to him unless the Giants were willing to give them anything at all in return. If Omar's not going to get anything back, keep his bat for a couple more weeks and then dump him for nothing on the 31st.

With the mess the Mets' farm system is in, 3.5 million dollars for two draft picks is a pretty good deal for them. So unless Boston is going to give them something of value, I just don't see them doing a salary dump.
The deal is ( like with Sheff ) the Mets can't afford him. At the end of the season he will walk. They can't afford arbitration for him. So as I read it, they put him on waivers to get a team to give something in trade for him. If he walks ( which he will ) they get next to nothing for him.

With Minyana being retarded, this is all he could do.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

Big reversal from last night. The Red Sox are absolutely teeing off on Burnett. 9-0 in the 5th.

And Wakefield will be replacing Penny in the rotation. I can live with a rotation of Beckett, Lester, Buccholtz, Wakefield and then Tazawa until Matsusaka comes back.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

killeverything wrote:
Sabu wrote:

The deal is ( like with Sheff ) the Mets can't afford him. At the end of the season he will walk. They can't afford arbitration for him. So as I read it, they put him on waivers to get a team to give something in trade for him. If he walks ( which he will ) they get next to nothing for him.

With Minyana being retarded, this is all he could do.
With Wagner, there is ZERO chance he will accept arbitration from the Mets because he wants to close. Not happening as long as KRod is there. Mets offer him arbitration, he says no, signs with say the Cubs to be their closer. Mets get 2 picks and all they had to do was eat one more month of salary. He will not accept arbitration from them though, he's made it pretty clear he plans on closing somewhere else next year.

The ball is in Omar's court. He has a chance to get something from Boston if they legit want him. If they are willing to do let him and his last month's salary walk away for nothing, you at least have to pull him back when Boston doesn't give you anything and then put him back on waivers next week. Somebody will definitely pick him up regardless. The only way the Mets can truly get burned here is if they let Boston take him for nothing on Tuesday.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sabu wrote:With Wagner, there is ZERO chance he will accept arbitration from the Mets because he wants to close. Not happening as long as KRod is there. Mets offer him arbitration, he says no, signs with say the Cubs to be their closer. Mets get 2 picks and all they had to do was eat one more month of salary. He will not accept arbitration from them though, he's made it pretty clear he plans on closing somewhere else next year.

The ball is in Omar's court. He has a chance to get something from Boston if they legit want him. If they are willing to do let him and his last month's salary walk away for nothing, you at least have to pull him back when Boston doesn't give you anything and then put him back on waivers next week. Somebody will definitely pick him up regardless. The only way the Mets can truly get burned here is if they let Boston take him for nothing on Tuesday.
According to his agent. Wagner is willing to waive his No-Trade clause to come to Boston. At this point in his career/life. Winning a WS is the most important to him, and he feels he has a chance with the Sox.

I don't know if the FO is going to try to put together a package for him or not. I don't think he's worth more than a couple A players. He is listed as a type A Free Agent though, so they'll get number one picks with him. This whole rehabbing old pitcher approach that Theo is taking lately, is getting old fucking fast. Coming off Tommy John, and 38? Pass.

I'm torn on this one though. You can never have too much pitching. The deep pitching in Boston wasn't that "ocean-like" when Dice and Wakes went down. Plus I don't trust Ramirez or MDC in a bigspot yet. Bowden has been Pedro-like or Gagne' like in his starts this season. So I don't trust him yet.

This could be another Gagne'. Or we could look at this that was written about his first game back by RJ Anderson.

14 pitches, two swinging strikes, and nine strikes total. Only five of those strikes were actually within the strike zone, meaning Wagner’s stuff looked attractive enough to batters to have them chase outside of the zone, as you can see here. He doesn’t touch 98 anymore, but the eight fastballs last night averaged about 95 miles per hour with good inward break towards lefties.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... er-returns

He'll probably just be end up a LOOGY, one that's not better than Okajima. If the price isn't too steep, maybe I'd take a chance.
SkyDog112046
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkyDog112046 »

killeverything wrote:According to his agent. Wagner is willing to waive his No-Trade clause to come to Boston. At this point in his career/life. Winning a WS is the most important to him, and he feels he has a chance with the Sox.

I don't know if the FO is going to try to put together a package for him or not. I don't think he's worth more than a couple A players. He is listed as a type A Free Agent though, so they'll get number one picks with him. This whole rehabbing old pitcher approach that Theo is taking lately, is getting old fucking fast. Coming off Tommy John, and 38? Pass.

I'm torn on this one though. You can never have too much pitching. The deep pitching in Boston wasn't that "ocean-like" when Dice and Wakes went down. Plus I don't trust Ramirez or MDC in a bigspot yet. Bowden has been Pedro-like or Gagne' like in his starts this season. So I don't trust him yet.

This could be another Gagne'. Or we could look at this that was written about his first game back by RJ Anderson.

14 pitches, two swinging strikes, and nine strikes total. Only five of those strikes were actually within the strike zone, meaning Wagner’s stuff looked attractive enough to batters to have them chase outside of the zone, as you can see here. He doesn’t touch 98 anymore, but the eight fastballs last night averaged about 95 miles per hour with good inward break towards lefties.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.ph ... er-returns

He'll probably just be end up a LOOGY, one that's not better than Okajima. If the price isn't too steep, maybe I'd take a chance.
After the Gagne debacle I can't see the Sox being willing to trade too much for Wagner. And I can't see the Mets settling for 2 low level players. I'm guessing this was done more as a block than anything else.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

I'm sure he'd want to go to Boston because let's face it, who the fuck would want to play for the Mets right now?

Omar's position to Boston though has to be that of, "You're not just getting a reliever, you're getting 2 draft picks as well." That, IMO, makes Boston have to pony up a little something more than just a couple low level prospects. Just doesn't make sense for a team that is starved for talent to put into their system to let a guy that can bring them two first round picks walk away for nothing.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sabu wrote:I'm sure he'd want to go to Boston because let's face it, who the fuck would want to play for the Mets right now?

Omar's position to Boston though has to be that of, "You're not just getting a reliever, you're getting 2 draft picks as well." That, IMO, makes Boston have to pony up a little something more than just a couple low level prospects. Just doesn't make sense for a team that is starved for talent to put into their system to let a guy that can bring them two first round picks walk away for nothing.
You're forgetting his salary though.

If Omar want's some high prospects ( MLB ready or above ) than he's going to have to throw in money towards his contract. That's what I think will be the sticking point in the negotiations. We'll see Tuesday I guess. Minyana is a fucking retard.....I hope they exploit that. :lol:
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Unfuckingbelievable.

Don't worry, CC. We won't let them beat you.
Sabu
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Sabu »

killeverything wrote:
Sabu wrote:I'm sure he'd want to go to Boston because let's face it, who the fuck would want to play for the Mets right now?

If Omar want's some high prospects ( MLB ready or above ) than he's going to have to throw in money towards his contract. That's what I think will be the sticking point in the negotiations. We'll see Tuesday I guess. Minyana is a fucking retard.....I hope they exploit that. :lol:
Depends... I still think the Mets would be willing to trade 3.5 million for two extra draft picks. They're that desperate to try and rebuild the system.

The other thing is, if there are a couple of prospects that the Mets are in love with from Boston (and let's be honest... there's probably a dozen or so they'd love to have) they'll be able to get them this off-season for Reyes. I really think that's the move that will end up happening. Boston needs him and the Mets are going to have to do something to get the fans minds off the last three years. Reyes' vanishing act the previous two Septembers and his mysterious injury this year makes it the ideal time to move him.

As much as I love Reyes, getting the two draft picks for Wagner and then drawing 2 or 3 out of the pool of Buchholz, Bard, Exposito, Reddick, Lowrie, Kelly, or Anderson could do wonders for the makeup of the team.

Sorry... already thinking ahead with the Mets...
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Sabu wrote:
killeverything wrote:

Depends... I still think the Mets would be willing to trade 3.5 million for two extra draft picks. They're that desperate to try and rebuild the system.

The other thing is, if there are a couple of prospects that the Mets are in love with from Boston (and let's be honest... there's probably a dozen or so they'd love to have) they'll be able to get them this off-season for Reyes. I really think that's the move that will end up happening. Boston needs him and the Mets are going to have to do something to get the fans minds off the last three years. Reyes' vanishing act the previous two Septembers and his mysterious injury this year makes it the ideal time to move him.

As much as I love Reyes, getting the two draft picks for Wagner and then drawing 2 or 3 out of the pool of Buchholz, Bard, Exposito, Reddick, Lowrie, Kelly, or Anderson could do wonders for the makeup of the team.

Sorry... already thinking ahead with the Mets...

Dude, your thinking waaaaayyyyyyyy ahead. It's not gonna happen.

The Red Sox's chances of landing Mets reliever Billy Wagner are in serious jeopardy.

The Sox, who were awarded a waiver claim on Wagner on Friday, denied the pitcher's two conditions for waiving his no-trade clause, according to his agent, Bean Stringfellow.

The conditions, as described by Stringfellow, were designed to enable Wagner to become a free agent without restriction at the end of the season, even though his contract includes an $8 million club option for 2010.

Wagner wanted the Red Sox to guarantee that they would not exercise the option, a move that would have enabled the longtime closer to become a free agent rather than be the setup man for Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon.

Wagner also asked the Red Sox to guarantee that they would not offer him salary arbitration, making him more attractive on the open market by allowing teams him to sign him without forfeiting draft picks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9975 ... r-in-doubt

He's basically taking away any value the team would have in aquiring him. So it would just be a rental. One that A. We're not sure a 38 year old coming back from Tommy John surgery is going to be effective in the AL East ( see: Smoltz, John ). And B. A guy who has been a Closer moving to a set-up role ( see: Gagne', Eric ).

That's not even getting into the logistics of the newly emerging Red Sox Bullpen's comments about his possible addition. Much less Pappelbon's retarded ass making more comments about the FO regarding his brother in Single-A, and shit talking putting a waiver claim on Wagner.

Wagner kinda has a rep as clubhouse cancer, and since our closer has the mentality of an Arkansas six year old. I'm really thinking that they let this one go. Oh yeah, Pappelbon's FA is approaching.......he's gone.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Very pleased with the 3 game series over the weekend.
Got a W last night and extended the lead 1 more game.

Matsui has been on fire since his knee was drained in seattle.
A-Rod took that hanging curve and deposited the ball over the wall :)

C.C. is the first 15 game winner in the A.L. Not bad. Not bad at all.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Itjogsamongus wrote:Wagner's demands notwithstanding, I think Omar is trying to be a hero to save his job. Everyone knows that the Madoff scandal has affected the Mets. $3.5 million dollars saved this year, plus what I believe is a $1 million buyout, allocated towards next year could be put to good use.

If this backfires, and the Mets play out the season with Sheff and Wagner, it might be the straw that breaks Omar's job.
You would think but they were saying on ESPN last nite that the owner loves Minyana, and had a quote saing his job is safe since the state the season has turned into. Also they had a quote from Minyana saying Manuel's mgr. job is safe too. He's his guy.

It could be posturing, but if they haven't fired him yet......they've had a while now to see he's not a very good GM. That's not even counting his track record pre-Mets.
killeverything

Post by killeverything »

Machado wrote:C.C. is the first 15 game winner in the A.L. Not bad. Not bad at all.
At least there weren't three third strike calls on balls a fucking foot outside the zone this time.

Wait.