The official NHL thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: The official NHL thread

Post by WOLF »

Friggin' weird for me (a Habs fan) watching Bruins and Canucks fans go at it. I suppose that's a sign how good the Bruins have gotten, and how badly the Habs currently suck.

Chunga, Facedown, Aqua - dont'cha got any hate left for me? I'm feeling neglected... I think the Habs and B's play this week.
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

SUBBAN IS A FUCKING FAGGOT!!!

:lol:
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

Aquanetsuperhold wrote:
Facedown wrote: Marchand is a piece of shit. If he doesn't get suspended, I completely by into the conspiracy theory that the NHL favours the Bruins.

Really? After all the onesided, missed and blown calls in favor of the dive team, and the fact that Lucic should never have been thrown out of the game 2 minutes in, you're thinking its a conspiracy that FAVORS the Bruins.

Get off the pipe.
Quote fail. :lol:

The Bruins get away with way more than the Canucks. Only the Penguins rival the Bruins in getting away with more calls.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Post by Aquanetsuperhold »

:oops: My bad, drinking most of the day - CORRECTION: Royal Dudeness is who I wanted to qoute. Same quote- just credited to the wrong guy.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

Facedown wrote:SUBBAN IS A FUCKING FAGGOT!!!

:lol:
Would love to see Subby rearrage Marchand's big schnozz, but I have a feeling Marchand is going to get a forced vacation this week, for low-bridging Salo.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Lucic getting thrown out was complete bullshit. Marchand hit was dirty, but I enjoy seeing Canucks get injured. That fucking team makes my skin crawl. I guess a January loss is fair trade for the cup.

What the hell is up with the league and the scheduling for this game? NBC might have wanted to pick up the championship re-match.

Definitely one of the more entertaining games of the year.
John Simon Ritchie

Post by John Simon Ritchie »

Damn, I'm glad The Flyers finally put up the $ for a quality goalie. Problems solved, right? Right? Ugh. :?
"I was looking for that great jazz note that destroyed the walls of Jericho." - The Clash, The Sound Of Sinners
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Tommy wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:

Kudos to the Flyers for listening to their fans, something my team never heard of.

Wait, it wasn't the Islander fan base who asked for the Parrish/Kvasha for Luongo/Jokinen trade?

I'm talking about starting Marty NoReasoner, Jay Pandawful and Tim Wallace over Micheal Haley.

And they asked the fans what they wanted in a 3rd jersey and the majority said no black, so what do they do? They make a black 3rd. Fuck these idiots.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

it was game 42 of the schedule for the canucks. it's not like they got the cup if they beat the bruins. schnieder deserved to play in his hometown based on his play. he is to the canucks what rask is to the bruins.
WOLF
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by WOLF »

chungasrevenge wrote:What the hell is up with the league and the scheduling for this game? NBC might have wanted to pick up the championship re-match.

You're forgetting that's not the hockey Gary Bettman wants the American, prime time viewer to see. He'd much rather they get into real hockey by showing them families sipping cocoa, in front of a beautiful, snowy scene, in a baseball stadium. That's REAL hockey.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Marchand gets 5 games.
This better wake the little shithead up.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked wrote:it was game 42 of the schedule for the canucks. it's not like they got the cup if they beat the bruins. schnieder deserved to play in his hometown based on his play. he is to the canucks what rask is to the bruins.
When somebody slaps a Sedin sister in the face and said Sedin sister skates away, how do you feel inside? Especially considering some of the tough guys the Canucks have dressed over the years.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

WOLF wrote:
chungasrevenge wrote:What the hell is up with the league and the scheduling for this game? NBC might have wanted to pick up the championship re-match.

You're forgetting that's not the hockey Gary Bettman wants the American, prime time viewer to see. He'd much rather they get into real hockey by showing them families sipping cocoa, in front of a beautiful, snowy scene, in a baseball stadium. That's REAL hockey.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How about the rap music at the winter classic? :lol: :lol:
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

Facedown wrote:Marchand gets 5 games.
This better wake the little shithead up.
Chiarelli isn't happy:

"While we respect the process that the Department of Player Safety took to reach their decision regarding Brad?s hit on Sami Salo, we are very disappointed by their ruling,'' Chiarelli said in a released statement

"While we understand that the Department of Safety is an evolving entity,'' Chiarelli said. "It is frustrating that there are clear comparable situations that have not been penalized or sanctioned in the past.''

Chiarelli alluded to a similar low-hit Marchand suffered at the hands of Vancouver's Mason Raymond in last year's Stanley Cup Finals.

"It is equally disappointing that Brad sought the counsel of the Department this past fall for an explanation and clarification regarding this type of scenario so as to adjust his game if necessary,'' Chiarelli said. "He was advised that such an incident was not sanctionable if he was protecting his own safety.

"Given our feeling that Brad was indeed protecting himself and certainly did not clip the player as he contacted the player nowhere near the knee or quadricep,'' Chiarelli said, "today's ruling is not consistent with what the Department of Player Safety communicated to Brad."
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

chungasrevenge wrote:Lucic getting thrown out was complete bullshit. Marchand hit was dirty, but I enjoy seeing Canucks get injured. That fucking team makes my skin crawl. I guess a January loss is fair trade for the cup.

What the hell is up with the league and the scheduling for this game? NBC might have wanted to pick up the championship re-match.

No way!

Thats craziness right there!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

NeverSurrender wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:it was game 42 of the schedule for the canucks. it's not like they got the cup if they beat the bruins. schnieder deserved to play in his hometown based on his play. he is to the canucks what rask is to the bruins.
When somebody slaps a Sedin sister in the face and said Sedin sister skates away, how do you feel inside? Especially considering some of the tough guys the Canucks have dressed over the years.
every time i see a sedin get punched in the face, slashed, speared, crosschecked, elbowed or tripped and just keep playing, i ask myself how anyone can call them pussies. these two sweedes put up with more shit then anyone else does in the league and don't get the same respect from the refs that crosby or stamkos get.

and where has it gotten them?

mvps for both of them.

do the canucks need a goon? no. they need the refs to call the game like they did on saturday. although i do think that dressing rypien in the playoffs last year might not have been a bad thing.
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Just keep playing? After the whistle? Come on, amn. Nobody could be proud of that. You want Grabner back? He fits right in. He's the biggest Mary in the NHL right now.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Kid-Wicked wrote:they need the refs to call the game like they did on saturday.
Of course they do.
6 guys on 1 in front of the Canucks bench and the the Bruins end up 2 men down?
NO 3rd man in call (or 4th or 5th or 6th)
Lucic gets thrown out because of that 6 on 1?
That team of faggots certainly can't win 5 on 5.
Kid-Wicked wrote:i ask myself how anyone can call them pussies.
Because they don't stick up for themselves?
Credit to Maxipad for actually fighting.
Funny how he didn't go with Thorton after running his cunt in the penalty box, though.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

Hey Canuck fans screaming about a Marchand's dirty hit. Lets compare and contraast, shall we.....
http://youtu.be/wGD5DbljtfE

http://youtu.be/hJRZULaUF-8

Plus, dont forget Ballard did the exact same thing earlier in this past weekend's game.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

Facedown wrote:
Of course they do.
Funny how he didn't go with Thorton after running his cunt in the penalty box, though.
they aren't fighters. not everyone in the league can fight. how many sweedes do you see fight?
what hurts a team more sedins on the box for 5 or on the ice for 5?

i guess that makes David Krejci, Rich Peverley, Benoit Pouliot, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg , Steven Kampfer, Zach Hamill, Daniel Paille, Matt Bartkowski, Jordan Caron, Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin pussies too.
chungasrevenge

Post by chungasrevenge »

How fun would a Stanely Cup rematch be? Especially with another game 7 in Vancouver. The city would be on the verge of exploding. The Canucks will need to fight against 3 teams and Bettman to make it back to the finals.
Last edited by chungasrevenge on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Every one of those guys has dropped his gloves whether to defend themselves or a teammate. It's called being a team.
Thelma and Louise can't defend themselves? Fine, where are their teammates?
Weise is the ultimate pussy, except for Maxipad, after that shit he pulled.
You don't have to have a team of fighters to not be a team of pussies, you just have to be the Canucks.
Last edited by Facedown on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
alecjonsludge
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by alecjonsludge »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
NeverSurrender wrote:
every time i see a sedin get punched in the face, slashed, speared, crosschecked, elbowed or tripped and just keep playing, i ask myself how anyone can call them pussies.

Here's the thing;after Thomas hit Henrik in game 3
and Marchand punched Daniel in game 4,they DIDN'T keep playing.Both the Sedin's were non factors the rest of the way. Henrik registered one goal and Daniel registered two assists,(all in Game 5 that was already decided by Boston in a 4 minute span in the 1st period.),the remainder of the series. Both were taking most of their shots and giving their passes outside of the slot.Their reluctance to go in the dirty areas was quite evident.

Admittingly,Tim Thomas was shutting down everyone else as well,but if I've got two MVPs on my squad,they better play MVP hockey when it counts....they didn't.
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

Patrick Sharp broke his wrist against the Red Wings. Can the Blackhawks just play Columbus the next 10 or so games?
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

Kid-Wicked wrote:
Facedown wrote:
Of course they do.
they aren't fighters. not everyone in the league can fight. how many sweedes do you see fight?
what hurts a team more sedins on the box for 5 or on the ice for 5?

i guess that makes David Krejci, Rich Peverley, Benoit Pouliot, Andrew Ference, Dennis Seidenberg , Steven Kampfer, Zach Hamill, Daniel Paille, Matt Bartkowski, Jordan Caron, Patrice Bergeron and Tyler Seguin pussies too.

I don't expect John tavares and Matt Moulson to fight, but i do expect them not to let every player in the NHL facewash them over and over while not doing shit about it.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

B's Thorton happened to be in the up coming guest at a TV studio while a Bostons Sport talk guy was speaking with a crybaby Vancouver sports writer who was crying the B's and Thorton especially. So they throw Thorton on to chat with the guy. Nice. Here you can watch the video of their exchange.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists ... orts_links
NeverSurrender

Post by NeverSurrender »

i was just about to post that. That shit was awesome.

Even though the Bruns have bitch boy marchand, and cheap boy Lucic, at least they stand up. Anybody who likes tough hockey should never cheer for the canucks.
Aquanetsuperhold
Headlining Clubs

I love how the guys starts crying about the weight difference! A 20lb difference. Well, Marchand is 5'9 on a good hair day, and 180lbs. Salo is 6'3" 220lb. Nice try dude. 6 on 1 and still crying. Vancouver Canucks, sponsered by kleenex and midol.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i find it hilarious that the bruin fans act like they LOST the final.

the better team won. they got better goaltending, scored more goals, played tough and killed off 31 out of 33 powerplays. life goes on.

canucks won game 42 because they had better goaltending, scored more goals and went 4-7 on the powerplay. again, life goes on.

that thing with tony gallagher is pretty funny. no one here like him. he's always been a tool. brian burke banned him from the dressing room and had his press pass revoked. he should get his facts straight before running his mouth.

so should thorton. weise, burrows, bieksa and malholtra aren't 7 guys. and it's not like he stood and battled all 4. (besides, since the canucks are all pussies he shouldn't have an issue fighting all 18 at once.) his team mates jumped right in. then hamhus grabbed lucic. that's 5. who were the other 2? one of the sedin's stepped off the ice right away. he did nothing. i don't remember schnieder getting involved.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

Kid-Wicked wrote:he should get his facts straight before running his mouth.

so should thorton.
So should you. Watch it again. Thelma got a couple of cheap shots in before getting on the bench. (Too many men penalty, anyone?) Add in Malholtra, Bieska, Maxipad, Weise, Burrows and Hamhuis not to mention a couple of guys on the bench throwing jabs.