The NFL Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: NFL 2012 Thread

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: Nope, it's a lot of words to say that someone who HAS a vote for the MVP will be voting for Andrew Luck. Sorry but you can't dismiss his opinion, since he is someone who will decide this award.
Yes I can because He sounds like an idiot and IS NOT the only mother fucker casting a vote.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: Nope, it's a lot of words to say that someone who HAS a vote for the MVP will be voting for Andrew Luck. Sorry but you can't dismiss his opinion, since he is someone who will decide this award.
Yes I can because He sounds like an idiot and IS NOT the only mother fucker casting a vote.
:lol: :lol:

According to you anyone who favors Luck is an idiot. Talk about a massive RG3 homer. You don't see me calling Jimmy Johnson an idiot just because he thinks RG3 is the MVP.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote: You don't see me calling Jimmy Johnson an idiot just because he thinks RG3 is the MVP.
That's due to possibly 2 things.

1. You've finally lost The colt colored glasses that have been blinding You from the seeing the fact that RG3 dominates Luck in nearly every catagory.

2. You might actually realize that Jimmy Johnson knows football better than Neil Shein and Rick Reilly combined, not to mention He's a fucking genius when it comes to evaluating talent.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote: You don't see me calling Jimmy Johnson an idiot just because he thinks RG3 is the MVP.
That's due to possibly 2 things.

1. You've finally lost The colt colored glasses that have been blinding You from the seeing the fact that RG3 dominates Luck in nearly every catagory.

2. You might actually realize that Jimmy Johnson knows football better than Neil Shein and Rick Reilly combined, not to mention He's a fucking genius when it comes to evaluating talent.
Both wrong. It's because, unlike you, I'm not gonna call someone an idiot or retarded just because I disagree with them on who the MVP or ROY is. I'll just disagree with them and move on. You, on the other hand, would rather discredit and insult the person who is stating their opinion, no matter who they are. I'm guessing if someone is 1 of 100 people who vote for MVP, they aren't an idiot. Just more proof that you're an RG3 homer.
DISCLAIMER: The below images were forced upon me against my will by the moderator and are NOT of my choosing.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote:Both wrong. It's because, unlike you, I'm not gonna call someone an idiot or retarded just because I disagree with them on who the MVP or ROY is. I'll just disagree with them and move on. You, on the other hand, would rather discredit and insult the person who is stating their opinion, no matter who they are. I'm guessing if someone is 1 of 100 people who vote for MVP, they aren't an idiot. Just more proof that you're an RG3 homer.
Sound like it's finally starting to sink in that Yes RG3 is indeed having the better season, finally. And Fuck if you disagree and move on You dumb ass troll, You justify Your bullshit homerism with Bullshit stats over and over, the rest us point out the obvious because Your mancush with Luck gets in the way.

And You're not implying I'm wrong about JJ are You? You don't think that mother fucker knows football more than the idiots who cup Lucks balls almost as much as You? You don't think a guy who constantly found great talent like mark stepnoski,tony tolbert, leon lett, erik williams, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, patrick surtain, and Adwele Ogunleye,larry izzo in later rounds of the draft or even undrafted knows how to evaluate players?? He traded one guy and built the dynasty of the 90's with the picks You dumbass.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

dtmfs wrote:
poizond13 wrote:Both wrong. It's because, unlike you, I'm not gonna call someone an idiot or retarded just because I disagree with them on who the MVP or ROY is. I'll just disagree with them and move on. You, on the other hand, would rather discredit and insult the person who is stating their opinion, no matter who they are. I'm guessing if someone is 1 of 100 people who vote for MVP, they aren't an idiot. Just more proof that you're an RG3 homer.
Sound like it's finally starting to sink in that Yes RG3 is indeed having the better season, finally. And Fuck if you disagree and move on You dumb ass troll, You justify Your bullshit homerism with Bullshit stats over and over, the rest us point out the obvious because Your mancush with Luck gets in the way.

And You're not implying I'm wrong about JJ are You? You don't think that mother fucker knows football more than the idiots who cup Lucks balls almost as much as You? You don't think a guy who constantly found great talent like mark stepnoski,tony tolbert, leon lett, erik williams, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, patrick surtain, and Adwele Ogunleye,larry izzo in later rounds of the draft or even undrafted knows how to evaluate players?? He traded one guy and built the dynasty of the 90's with the picks You dumbass.
LOL! Where did I say anything about Jimmy Johnson, moron? I didn't say jack shit about him. I just said I disagree with his opinion. Other than that, I have tons of respect for him and nothing negative to say. Unlike your dumb ass, I don't need to talk shit about someone just because I disagree with them.

And fuck no, RG3 is not having the better season. He's having a good season, but not as great as Luck. Since they're both having good years, I just look at who has done more for their team, and who has shouldered more responsibility. The answer in both cases is Luck. He's done more for his team. He has no running game to rely on like RG3 does, and he's lifted the team to 8-4 and a likely playoff berth. RG3 will not make the playoffs.

dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

poizond13 wrote:
dtmfs wrote:LOL! Where did I say anything about Jimmy Johnson, moron? I didn't say jack shit about him. I just said I disagree with his opinion. Other than that, I have tons of respect for him and nothing negative to say. Unlike your dumb ass, I don't need to talk shit about someone just because I disagree with them.

Umm, You said I was wrong on both points, the 2nd clearly being that Jimmy Johnson knows more about the game than reilly or Schein and is a great evaluator of talent..Or maybe I misunderstood the meaning of the words BOTH WRONG, how silly of me.

And fuck no, RG3 is not having the better season. He's having a good season, but not as great as Luck. Since they're both having good years, I just look at who has done more for their team, and who has shouldered more responsibility. The answer in both cases is Luck. He's done more for his team. He has no running game to rely on like RG3 does, and he's lifted the team to 8-4 and a likely playoff berth. RG3 will not make the playoffs.

OH NO!, The Big Dummy still dosent get it!!!
Facedown
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Facedown »

poizond13 wrote:Both wrong. It's because, unlike you, I'm not gonna call someone an idiot or retarded just because I disagree with them on who the MVP or ROY is. I'll just disagree with them and move on.
:lol:
Do you think anyone believes the bullshit you spew?
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

The genius coach who built the 90's Cowboys does Extenz commercials. It's entirely possible that he's getting senile. Just sayin'.
WTF

Post by WTF »

Fuckin A! Julian Edelman place on IR for Pats.
Facedown

Post by Facedown »

WTF wrote:Fuckin A! Julian Edelman place on IR for Pats.
That's why they better sign Welker.
Edelman can make a lot of the plays that Welker can but he can't stay on the field.
Welcome back, Donte Stallworth.
bonedog wrote:I let Facedown get the better of me
bonedog wrote:My first kid will be born when I am 47.
bonedog wrote:I suck at sludging.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Jim Harbaugh appeared on Saved By The Bell The New Class, back in 1996

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... l/1746105/
WTF

Post by WTF »

Facedown wrote:
WTF wrote:Fuckin A! Julian Edelman place on IR for Pats.
That's why they better sign Welker.
Edelman can make a lot of the plays that Welker can but he can't stay on the field.
Welcome back, Donte Stallworth.
Edelman is slightly bigger and definitely faster than Welker and seemed like he was getting his shit together running routes. He's been outstanding with punt returns and I thought it was only a matter of time before Belichick put him back on defense too. FUCK! Donte Stallworth. My lord. :cry:
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

Machado wrote:
AliceManson wrote:
WTF wrote:Anybody catch the Tomlin - Harbaugh handshake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRCyX9G1N2s

:lol: :lol:
Am I really all that wrong, thinking that Uncle Tomlin is the one who looks like an ass?

Tomlin was out of line. Unless Harbaugh slept with his wife prior to this game, was there a legit reason why Tomlin was so rude.

I am so used to Steeler nutswinging like this like this, http://www.1059thex.com/pages/markmadde ... e=10611320
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

bane wrote:The genius coach who built the 90's Cowboys does Extenz commercials. It's entirely possible that he's getting senile. Just sayin'.
Touche, but I'm still shocked that some team dosent just offer that guy a job on draft day, I'd love him back in miami for the draft only, He put that great D of theirs in the late 90's ealy 2000's together pretty damn quickly, I miss the days of Taylor and Ogunleye at the Ends, Thomas in the middle and that great secondary, especially madison and Surtain. Too bad marino wason his last legs and his heir apparent was....jay fiedler.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

dtmfs wrote:
bane wrote:The genius coach who built the 90's Cowboys does Extenz commercials. It's entirely possible that he's getting senile. Just sayin'.
Touche, but I'm still shocked that some team dosent just offer that guy a job on draft day, I'd love him back in miami for the draft only, He put that great D of theirs in the late 90's ealy 2000's together pretty damn quickly, I miss the days of Taylor and Ogunleye at the Ends, Thomas in the middle and that great secondary, especially madison and Surtain. Too bad marino wason his last legs and his heir apparent was....jay fiedler.
Jimmy has no desire to coach in the NFL anymore.
When he walked away from the Dolphins, he knew he no longer had the passion to coach.
The guy is very, very happy with his life today and would not exchange that for a life as a NFL head coach again.
I think it was HBO or maybe the NFL Network that recently aired a t.v. special about his life today.
Jimmy makes it very clear that his life today is what he wants to do.
bane

Post by bane »

dtmfs wrote:
He was an excellent talent evaluator with both his teams, no doubt. I don't see him ever coaching again, but he could definitely help a team as a consultant like the Texans did with Dan Reeves before they hired the current regime. He keeps his current gig , makes a few extra bucks and helps somebody improve dramatically. It could happen.
St_Augustines_Pears
Headlining Clubs

Post by St_Augustines_Pears »

Machado wrote:When he walked away from the Dolphins, he knew he no longer had the passion to coach.
The guy is very, very happy with his life today and would not exchange that for a life as a NFL head coach again.
I think it was HBO or maybe the NFL Network that recently aired a t.v. special about his life today.
Jimmy makes it very clear that his life today is what he wants to do.
Yeah, I remember watching an interview where he said his mother's death made him start thinking that there was more to life than coaching football. He retired, married his girlfriend I believe, and loves doing the FOX pregame show.

He's financially set for life, and whenever he comes through Dallas, he never has to buy a drink or dinner...he's a fucking hero. A friend of mine ran into him at a restaurant in Dallas, and he said Jimmy signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted one.
"Moving on, is a simple thing...what it leaves behind is hard. You know the sleeping feel no more pain...and the living are all scarred." -- Megadeth's "A Tout Le Monde"
WTF

Post by WTF »

St_Augustines_Pears wrote: He's financially set for life, and whenever he comes through Dallas, he never has to buy a drink or dinner...he's a fucking hero. A friend of mine ran into him at a restaurant in Dallas, and he said Jimmy signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted one.
Did your friend mention anyhting about Jimmy's helmet?
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Crazy Levi »

WTF wrote:
St_Augustines_Pears wrote: He's financially set for life, and whenever he comes through Dallas, he never has to buy a drink or dinner...he's a fucking hero. A friend of mine ran into him at a restaurant in Dallas, and he said Jimmy signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted one.
The way his Cowboys career ended was really a disgrace. Anybody remember? He and Jones weren't getting along...so in the offseason Jones gets drunk as hell and starts telling reporters in a bar that he's gonna can Johnson and bring in his crony Switzer.

And he did!!!

Replacing Johnson with a stooge like Switzer - and eventually proving Jones' point that his team would win a Super bowl no matter who was coaching it - was really the worst thing that could have happened to the Cowboys' organization.

They probably would have won at least one more Super Bowl if Johnson had stayed but we'll never know.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
WTF wrote:
The way his Cowboys career ended was really a disgrace. Anybody remember? He and Jones weren't getting along...so in the offseason Jones gets drunk as hell and starts telling reporters in a bar that he's gonna can Johnson and bring in his crony Switzer.

And he did!!!

Replacing Johnson with a stooge like Switzer - and eventually proving Jones' point that his team would win a Super bowl no matter who was coaching it - was really the worst thing that could have happened to the Cowboys' organization.

They probably would have won at least one more Super Bowl if Johnson had stayed but we'll never know.
The show was A Football Life on NFL Network. I saw the program a few weeks ago. Can't recall if the running time was 60 or 90 minutes.
Anyway, the incident between Jimmy and Jerry was a disgrace. Happened over cocktails.
Jerry was a smartass and said that any coach could have led Dallas to Super Bowl wins.
That was the last straw as far as Jimmy was concerned.
bane

Post by bane »

That Jerry Jones, he's all class. Remember when Tex Schramm, a real football player and GM, ran that team and built them into something to be admired? Now they've got a plastic faced gazillionaire wanna be football player and GM that has run everything Tex built into the ground and turned a once model franchise into a joke. It must suck to be a Cowboys fan.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:That Jerry Jones, he's all class. Remember when Tex Schramm, a real football player and GM, ran that team and built them into something to be admired? Now they've got a plastic faced gazillionaire wanna be football player and GM that has run everything Tex built into the ground and turned a once model franchise into a joke. It must suck to be a Cowboys fan.
That's why I'm glad to have an owner like Jim Irsay, best owner in the league IMO. He makes the decisions that need to be made without letting ego come into play. He provides the organization with an overall vision and objective, then hires the right people to put it all into place. He doesn't micro manage, but he does throw his full support behind the team, financially and otherwise. When the tough decisions need to be made for the overall long term good of the franchise, he makes them. Could not ask for a better owner.

bane

Post by bane »

I'd say the same thing about Bob McNair. Fantastic owner, plus he doesn't use Twitter.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:I'd say the same thing about Bob McNair. Fantastic owner, plus he doesn't use Twitter.
Twitter is a positive. It's another way for the team to connect to the fans. Often times you will see Irsay post breaking team news or injury reports before anyone else. That's just a positive in my eyes. In the past, he would post song lyrics or random thoughts, but mostly he sticks to team business nowadays. The contests and ticket giveaways are awesome as well.

bane

Post by bane »

If you say so. Ive seen some really goofy Irsay tweets. Otherwise, I'll agree, seems like a good owner.
poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

bane wrote:If you say so. Ive seen some really goofy Irsay tweets. Otherwise, I'll agree, seems like a good owner.
Yeah, there were some goofy tweets, but also entertaining and funny as hell! It was cool to see that an owner of an NFL team is not just some boring rich guy in a suit, but a guy with personality who says some pretty funny shit. Most people don't know that Irsay is an avid music fan and musician himself. His guitar collection is incredible, and he's been known to perform at various events from time to time.

poizond13
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by poizond13 »

I just picked up the Sports Illustrated issue with Luck on the cover. Peter King's story is incredible, it's a great read for any football fan.

WTF

Post by WTF »

poizond13 wrote:I just picked up the Playgirl issue with Luck on the cover. Really, I got it for the articles.
:wink:
NeverSurrender
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by NeverSurrender »

The media is now in constant hype for Manning for comeback player of the year award.

Somebody tell me what he is doing is more amazing than what Peterson is doing with the worst qb in the NFL, 0 wrs and half an offensive line 9 months after tearing up his knee.

Go ahead and tell me. Except for puss13, I don't give a fuck what he thinks.