The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

doctordestructo
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by doctordestructo »

Monty610 wrote: So...basically they're bringing back "Tough Enough"?
Or WWE is trying to mimic the basic formula of "The Ultimate Fighter" and its current success...
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

The problem I see (and maybe it's not a problem at all), is that the "prize" of winning a spot on RAW or Smackdown is a farce. If the guys are good enough, they're going to wind up on the main shows anyway.

Kind of like how most of the Divas were once Diva Search "losers"....
Psychobolia.com wrote:...I can't wait to download and delete this new album.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

why not just have the cameras in the writing meeting, and expose everything?

so if Jon Henning,Skip Sheffield do well and win, and go on either show under a character like Goldust or Kane are, the fans wont get into the character, they will just know them from the NXT show.

this show is a bad idea, stop exposing everything Vince, let UFC do there ownthing
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

I personally hate the idea and think it's moronic. With all due respect to The_Queen, I don't watch wrestling to see this kind of behind-the-scenes crap. I come to places like this to TALK about it, but on the shows I want to suspend my disbelief.

And have you seen the logo with the small N and T, and the BIG "X"? What is Vince's fascination with the letter X anyway? Degeneration-X, XFL, etc.

But yeah...I might tune in, but I hated Tough Enough and don't watch UFC, so I think it's not going to hold my interest...
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

Christian did not deserve to lose the ECW title. I wanted him to keep it. But I guess that wasn't in the cards. Hopefully he gets into Money In The Bank and wins.
LynnrdVonHetfield
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by LynnrdVonHetfield »

ozzyrulz777 wrote:Christian did not deserve to lose the ECW title. I wanted him to keep it. But I guess that wasn't in the cards. Hopefully he gets into Money In The Bank and wins.
I did not get to watch last night, so with Christian losing the strap and Ezekiel winning, are Vince's intentions to keep that belt alive?

If they are eliminating that belt, pretty shitty to not let Christian end the reign.

If they're keeping the belt alive, and I don't know if they are or aren't, then a title change is alright.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

I figure that whoever holds the ECW belt will become the #1 contender in whichever spot they are put (Smackdown/Raw)

Since Christian already started shit with Raw, I figure they will put him there, and now Ezekiel will go to Smackdown as the contender.

Kinda works out nice that way huh.

I actually feel for some of the ECW guys.. I have a feeling many of them will become jobbers and boobs until their contracts are up.
silent_eyes
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by silent_eyes »

Looks like they changed their minds about putting Low-ki, Brett Dibiase and Mr. Perfect's kid on the show. Maybe they're gonna get called up soon.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

silent_eyes wrote:Looks like they changed their minds about putting Low-ki, Brett Dibiase and Mr. Perfect's kid on the show. Maybe they're gonna get called up soon.
This.

Did you see the one "Douchebag" guy? I forget his name but he looks just like those guys on that "Hot Chicks With Douchebags" site, complete with orange tan and troll-doll hair. Hell that ought to be his ringname.

"Coming to the ring...The Douchebag!"
Lardbucket
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Lardbucket »

Monty610 wrote:
silent_eyes wrote:Looks like they changed their minds about putting Low-ki, Brett Dibiase and Mr. Perfect's kid on the show. Maybe they're gonna get called up soon.
This.

Did you see the one "Douchebag" guy? I forget his name but he looks just like those guys on that "Hot Chicks With Douchebags" site, complete with orange tan and troll-doll hair. Hell that ought to be his ringname.

"Coming to the ring...The Douchebag!"
Or:
"Making his way to the ring....from The Jersey Shore.....weighing in at 230 pounds.....GUIDO TOOL!!!!"
A proud Steve Jones nutswinger since 1977.
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

OK.. I just watched the vid on wwe.com of the NXT mentors and students..

When it got to CM Punk, I busted out laughing..
His student looks like he should be called "KING OF THE WICKER PEOPLE"
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

So TNA Mankind,Hulk vs TNA Heavyweight Champ 180pounds 5'10 and Rick Flairs grandfather...the 1st night against Raw?,ha,ha,ha,ha

Vince should just quit its over for WWE

so NXT could be good, is it they compete in the ring live on tuesdays against each other, the winner gets a contract. But if its "fake", they know the winner already

i was impressed with the choices of the rookies and pros...hope its good

first thing i thought of the pros and rookies with be an 8 man tag at Wrestlenamia 2 teams of rookies and pros against each other
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

va_rocker wrote:
Caustic Queen wrote:
I actually feel for some of the ECW guys.. I have a feeling many of them will become jobbers and boobs until their contracts are up.
You are prob right. But look at it this way... Now Rey can manage the the tag champs also when they pair up Hornswoggle with Yoshi!!! :mrgreen:

Whatever happened to the 6 man tag Champ belts? They could add Kung Fu Naki and can go for those too. :lol:
:evil:

You're just mad cause your two favs Mike "Ooops" Knox and Doof Zigler are doing shitty as usual.
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

Another problem I have with NXT goes back to my expectation of suspending disbelief, is that having guys like CM Punk and Miz as mentors totally blows it for their on-screen characters. It's going to be hard to watch Punk for instance be serious with his student and then turn around on Friday nights and be "in character". It's going to totally draw away his heat. And if their is some kind of voting involved then marks are going to be biased towards the "fan favorite" mentors.

There are so many holes in this idea that you could fucking drive The Black Limo through them...
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

YES! The 3/8 iMPACT! Main Event has been announced for the live broadcast.
HOLD ONTO YOUR KEYBOARDS! Spoiler, I guess:
The Monday Night Wars are back with...............

Flair/AJ vs. Hogan/Abyss
Where's Izzy?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Monty610 wrote:Another problem I have with NXT goes back to my expectation of suspending disbelief, is that having guys like CM Punk and Miz as mentors totally blows it for their on-screen characters. It's going to be hard to watch Punk for instance be serious with his student and then turn around on Friday nights and be "in character". It's going to totally draw away his heat. And if their is some kind of voting involved then marks are going to be biased towards the "fan favorite" mentors.
I can't take CM Punk and The Miz seriously anyway..
ozzyrulz777
On Wings of Lead

Post by ozzyrulz777 »

TNA will not survive. As much as I love Abyss I can honestly say that is a shitty main event.
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist
Location: This is gonna be one hell of a horse race, cuz I'm riding a cheetah!

Post by Garbageman »

Oh yay... Hogan's going to try the Evad Sullivan storyline again!

This will lead to a Foley-lead "Dungeon of Doom" featuring the former Brutus Beefcake and the former Rikishi repackaged as some kind of savages in face paint.
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
"I had to work hard for my yacht. I even played with Don Dokken." Bobby Blotzer
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Well WWE has lost me as a viewer..Rey Mysterio is challenging for the WHC...What a fucking joke
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

OverMe wrote:Well WWE has lost me as a viewer..Rey Mysterio is challenging for the WHC...What a fucking joke
How is a legendary former champion, who's over with the crowd and majorly over with demographics the WWE seeks (kids & Latinos), challenging for the title a joke?
radiobed wrote:The bottom line is Sleek is so far from credible when discussing Poison and their impact.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Garbageman wrote:
OverMe wrote:Well WWE has lost me as a viewer..Rey Mysterio is challenging for the WHC...What a fucking joke
How is a legendary former champion, who's over with the crowd and majorly over with demographics the WWE seeks (kids & Latinos), challenging for the title a joke?
He's not in the weight class
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

A) He's held the world title before.

B) When was the last time you saw the Cruiserweight belt or division on any WWE programming?
Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Caustic Queen »

Garbageman wrote:

THANK YOU!
I'm really pretty sick of all the Mysterio bashing.
(*AHEM* VA_Rocker)
This isn't football, size isn't the issue.
It's about who sells tickets.
and REY sells tickets.
OverMe
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by OverMe »

Garbageman wrote:A) He's held the world title before.

B) When was the last time you saw the Cruiserweight belt or division on any WWE programming?
1.Yes I know that

2. They should bring it back
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

what about TNA Champ, hes huge! Orlando Jordan just beat that fat fuck JOE! ha ha this show is horrible
Monty610
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Monty610 »

:lol: The Hogan/Abyss shit is fucking AWESOME. And I hate Hogan for the most part. Abyss totally sells his role. He's gold...
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

That TNA show was dire after the first half hour. Daffney was the apex. How the WWE blew it with Elijah Burke is still a mystery although I'm sure TNA will blow it somehow since he was signed ahead of the Hogan regime.

It took a nosedive as soon as "Exotic" Orlando Street was walking down the ramp and never recovered.

And I'll say it again: Abyss is Evad Sullivan redux!
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

But by that logic Andre should have swatted Hogan in the Silverdome like a fly and Big Show would be invincible. What other great matches from history would aslo be erased? Vader vs Flair in '93? You'd also discount people who were great in the ring who weren't much bigger like Eddy Guerrero, Jericho, etc.

It's the Davey & Goliath scenario that worked before there was even pro wrestling as far as a great story goes. And Rey Mysterio could always tell a story in matches given a chance.

I'll say for sure he's nowhere near as good as he was before injuries started taking their toll 8-9 years back. But he is over and probably always will be with demographics the WWE needs (aforementioned kids and the Latino market).

Plus he could always make big guys who weren't great or were barely good look to at least to be major intimidating, ranging from Nash to The Wall to Batista.
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Monty610 wrote::lol: The Hogan/Abyss shit is fucking AWESOME. And I hate Hogan for the most part. Abyss totally sells his role. He's gold...
I'm a Hogan swinger but that segment was gold. The whole show was great. TNA blew RAW outta the water this week. I think Joe's captors will be revealed on the live 3/8 iMPACT!

The Angle/Kennedy segment was great. Hogan/Abyss-awesome. Pope/Flair-AJ-Great.I can't wait til they are live soon.
Where's Izzy?
Garbageman
Trashsocioculturist

Post by Garbageman »

Dare I ask AJ if you were too young for the Hogan/Evad Sullivan deal? Trust me most of it's a rerun.

I'll give Abyss he's more talented than Evad... but that doesn't take much.

I bet there will be a 2 of 3 falls Anderson/Angle feud where the loser is injured for 6 months... and there will be a 6 month deal with both being injured for 6 months before the third fall.